HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ryan O'Reilly Headed to Offer Sheet or Trade? (Part 2)

Closed Thread

Old
02-13-2013, 02:48 PM
Hatter
All about the Bob

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post

He wrote up an article where he hypothesized how the Avs management were responding to O'Reilly's contract demands. He has no inside knowledge, quotes, facts or first hand reports to dictate how true his statements actually are.
We all know that. He made that exceptionally clear. What you are failing to answer is this simple question: WHICH hypothesized points are false? I checked his goal/point goals just now and those are true. He reportedly does want 5 million so that's true. I personally don't think that kids with one good year deserve that kind of cheese especially with only 18 goals so I can say IMHO that that is true as well. I checked duchenes numbers and those are true. He had his best year along side the ROTY that seems to be true as well. Were the stats for the end of last season while they were in the hunt true or did he make those up?I'm betting on true.

So where is all this misinformation? Just because he is putting himself in management shoes you can so easily and flippantly scrape it into the trash bin as fiction?

Old
02-13-2013, 02:49 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
no he wouldn't Bozak Kessel have to nuch chemistry ROR is better but we don't know if he'd click with Kessel Bozak does
Lets be reality. Bozak gets knocked down the depth chart if we wound up with RoR. If Kessel could do it with Bozak, he could do it with better results alongside RoR. Bozak is just a passenger on that first line.

Old
02-13-2013, 02:53 PM
marty111

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasted_Sabre View Post
Percy is a lock for a top 4 position, maybe higher. Hes a quality dman.

But if it happens I think the Avs will get Gardiner and Bozak.
I also think it's fair:

F - Ryan o'Reilly
Conditional Pick*

D - Jake Gardiner
F - Tyler Bozak

*pick is contingent on Bozak resigning.

Old
02-13-2013, 02:54 PM
Pierre Gotye

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoemAvs View Post
I probably have watched close to 70 % of the NHL games Gardiner has played in during his career. I just can't fathom how anyone can get the idea that Gardiner is more proven than ROR.... And ROR certainly takes games over. I feel you have not watched him play last year at all. He swings games with his defensive plays but he had huge offensive performances as well. I just don't get how you can get to such a conclusion if you watched both players play.
ROR pretty much joined a depleted Avalanche team straight out of the draft. Good for him.

Gardiner completed his time playing for Wisconsin after he was drafted, then got traded to Toronto. He spent some time with the Marlies before making the team last season.

I realize you have a bro-mance for ROR, and want a yacht, mansion and corporate jet in return for him, which more than a bit of an exaggerated as a return price.

But discounting Gardiner as not enough, or not worthy and uptalking your guy, as if he was the only player on the Avalanche last season, while downgrading Gardiner's contributions while saying you saw 70% of his games doesn't put a lot of merit into your biased views.

Quote:
Gardiner is a difference maker offensively. I will never deny that. He has huge offensive upside. But I am really not so sure that the defensive side ever catches up. that is the big gamble with him right now. Add his concussion and the Avs should just stay away...
So lemme get this straight: ROR the 14th place Selke candidate winner who finished -1 last year, and is a -4 in his career is far superior, to a one year Gardiner who played 20-25 minutes almost every night and finished -2 for the season on an otherwise awful Leafs team, and sucks defensively. Got it. Great comparison!

Last edited by Pierre Gotye: 02-13-2013 at 03:00 PM.
Old
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
We all know that. He made that exceptionally clear. What you are failing to answer is this simple question: WHICH hypothesized points are false? I checked his goal/point goals just now and those are true. He reportedly does want 5 million so that's true. I personally don't think that kids with one good year deserve that kind of cheese especially with only 18 goals so I can say IMHO that that is true as well. I checked duchenes numbers and those are true. We're the stats for the end of last season while they were in the hunt true or did he make those up?
Quote:
O’Reilly is basing all his salary demands on one good year. He wants at least $5 million a year for one good year.
False, he has had three good years and one great year.

Quote:
- You had your best scoring year playing with the NHL rookie of the year. Which came first, the chicken or the egg?
He ignores the real possibility they fed off eachother.

Quote:
Your camp may be ridiculing supposed friend and teammate Matt Duchene for taking a short-money contract and thereby setting a floor too low for your own self.
He has no idea if it's 100% accurate, O'Reilly said it, his agent or what happened. But to assume Ryan disrespected his teammate in Matt during contract negotiations? Shoddy journalism right there.

I'm not saying his statistics are wrong, but his points where he assumes this is what the Avs are saying, this is the situation, I know I know I have the inside info are pure speculation that any fan from HFBoards could write.

Old
marty111

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
Lets be reality. Bozak gets knocked down the depth chart if we wound up with RoR. If Kessel could do it with Bozak, he could do it with better results alongside RoR. Bozak is just a passenger on that first line.
How is RoR on the dot?

Old
02-13-2013, 02:56 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

vCash: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by marty111 View Post
I also think it's fair:

F - Ryan o'Reilly
Conditional Pick*

D - Jake Gardiner
F - Tyler Bozak

*pick is contingent on Bozak resigning.
I think I like it... anyway we can drop the conditional pick and add a propsect from our end and add Elliot from yours?

Old
Anth93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Gotye View Post
So lemme get this straight: ROR the 14th place Selke candidate winner who finished -1 last year, and is a -4 in his career is far superior, to a one year Gardiner who played 20-25 minutes almost every night and finished -2 for the season on an otherwise awful Leafs team, and sucks defensively. Got it. Great comparison!
We know that +/- is nothing to really talk about, but you're not wrong.

Once Gardiner is up in a week/two weeks and we see how much better our transition game is we won't want to trade him.

Old
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
Quote:
How is RoR on the dot?
He was pretty good last year and has been improving every year.

Old
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anth93 View Post
Stop it, lol.

ROR would make Tyler Bozak forgotten.
Read my posts I HATE HATE Bozak but I don't see them removing him from Kessel line I see ROR as A fit with JVR on line 2 when we get healthy

Old
02-13-2013, 02:57 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Quote:
How is RoR on the dot?
He's good. 52% + and improving

Old
02-13-2013, 02:57 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

Quote:
How is RoR on the dot?
Was better than Bozak last year, but not close to what Bozak is at this year.

Old
02-13-2013, 02:58 PM
Anth93

Quote:
Read my posts I HATE HATE Bozak but I don't see them removing him from Kessel line I see ROR as A fit with JVR on line 2 when we get healthy
Oh believe me the first C we get will be to replace Bozak. He's not a first line C and he's been played like one for 3 years. It's shameful when you think about it.

Old
02-13-2013, 02:59 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Quote:
We know that +/- is nothing to really talk about, but you're not wrong.

Once Gardiner is up in a week/two weeks and we see how much better our transition game is we won't want to trade him.
I think people forget how calm he is with the puck. Combine that with the natural talent he has and its easy to assume he'll be a star in this league and not just a rookie wonder.

Old
02-13-2013, 03:00 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

Quote:
ROR would be exactly what we need between Kessel and Lupul... Doesnt matter how much he contributes offensively as long as he can drastically reduce the goals against.

Old
02-13-2013, 03:00 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
as I said before I HATE HATE Bozak but I see ROR as A fit with JVR on the 2nd line once we get healthy

Old
02-13-2013, 03:01 PM
JoemAvs

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Gotye View Post
ROR pretty much joined a depleted Avalanche team straight out of the draft. Good for him.

Gardiner completed his time playing for Wisconsin after he was drafted, then got traded to Toronto. He spent some time with the Marlies before making the team last season.

I realize you have a bro-mance for ROR, and want a yacht, mansion and corporate jet in return for him, which more than a bit of an exaggerated as a return price.

But discounting Gardiner as not enough, or not worthy and uptalking your guy, as if he was the only player on the Avalanche last season, while downgrading Gardiner's contributions while saying you say 70% of his games doesn't put a lot of merit into your biased views.

Gosh you are funny. That depleted team made the playoffs that year and finished way above your beloved Leafs team and had way way better center depth with Stazz and Duchene than Toronto ever had since 2008. You are praising Kadri for his repeated failure to stick (I know that it had to do with Wilson but he simply was not ready as well)

Gardiner played sheltered minutes ( at least in the beginning) in a run and gun system and put up points. To me Gardiner simply does not have the same value than ROR right now. That may change but he is a big risk at this point. Don't get me wrong. I really like him but I just like ROR way more.
There was some East coast bias going on and a lot of reputation votes. ROR should have easily finished top 10 probably top 5 but as a 20/21 yr old that plays on the West coast it is kind of hard to get any recognition.

If you want to talk +/-.... How can you explain Gardiners -5 on the Marlies that ties him for second to last place?

I never said he sucks defensively. I just project him as more of a #3 OFD (because of his defense) than as top pairing dman from what I have seen from him. That is all..

Old
02-13-2013, 03:03 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Quote:
as I said before I HATE HATE Bozak but I see ROR as A fit with JVR on the 2nd line once we get healthy
JvR and RoR could potentially form a really, really good multi-dimensional line. JvR has really impressed me defensively, he's been really good. We all know RoR is good in that respect already too. Now I'm beginning to fawn over the guy publicly.

Old
02-13-2013, 03:03 PM
Anth93

Quote:
I think people forget how calm he is with the puck. Combine that with the natural talent he has and its easy to assume he'll be a star in this league and not just a rookie wonder.
He's unbelievable. It's not like he's in a dark room sleeping with PCS, he's playing hockey/regaining his form. I couldn't mention Gardiner in a trade for ROR at first, but have the more I think about it. Position of strength to a position of weakness. It won't happen though, Nonis and co. think too highly of him.

Old
02-13-2013, 03:04 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Kulikov+ for Oreilly+
Sekera + Ennis for Oreilly + Pick

These are the 2 deals that interest me right now. With the Kulikov deal I think FLO adds a 3C, while the Avs add a Dman. With the Sekera deal Avs add a 2nd.

Only 2 deals I've seen so far that tempt me, everything else for the most part has been laughable.

Old
02-13-2013, 03:05 PM
kingdoughty

Why doesn't somebody just give this guy an offer sheet?

Old
02-13-2013, 03:05 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Quote:
He's unbelievable. It's not like he's in a dark room sleeping with PCS, he's playing hockey/regaining his form. I couldn't mention Gardiner in a trade for ROR at first, but have the more I think about it. Position of strength to a position of weakness. It won't happen though, Nonis and co. think too highly of him.
I feel the exact same way as you do.

Old
02-13-2013, 03:06 PM
Drij

Quote:
I believe Nonis can find a way if he wants
Like he did with Luongo ?

Old
02-13-2013, 03:08 PM
Anth93

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoemAvs View Post
Gardiner played sheltered minutes ( at least in the beginning) in a run and gun system and put up points. To me Gardiner simply does not have the same value than ROR right now. That may change but he is a big risk at this point. Don't get me wrong. I really like him but I just like ROR way more.

If you want to talk +/-.... How can you explain Gardiners -5 on the Marlies that ties him for second to last place?

I never said he sucks defensively. I just project him as more of a #3 OFD than as top pairing dman from what I have seen from him. That is all..
Gardiner played sheltered minutes for like 4 games. Then he was our best defenseman and never looked back.

Gardiner is on a conditioning stint. He'll be back in a week or so and you can watch him for yourself and make a real judgement.

#3 OFD? That's one of the more ridiculous things I've seen. Jake Gardiner took over games for us and I mean single handedly brought us in to games or kept us in it. Special skater and because of that can play the PK and PP because when he has the puck, you can't take it from him.

Old
02-13-2013, 03:09 PM
Anth93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drij View Post
Like he did with Luongo ?
The level of ignorance...

Look at James Reimer's play and ask yourself if trading for Luongo would have been a good move? Kadri and Bozak are playing very well, without them and with Reimer on the bench we're a bad team.

Closed Thread