HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jonathan Bernier

Old
02-13-2013, 03:00 PM
kingdoughty

vCash: 500
Jonathan Bernier

He's ready to take on a starting role... where do you guys think he will end up and what return will he bring

kingdoughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 03:04 PM
sweranger

I really think Calgary should go after him. Kipper may have 1-2 years left and I don't think Irving is a potential number 1 goalie. What does Calgary fans think?

sweranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 03:13 PM
Devilspuppet666

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweranger View Post
I really think Calgary should go after him. Kipper may have 1-2 years left and I don't think Irving is a potential number 1 goalie. What does Calgary fans think?
i'd rather see what guys like Ramo, Brossiot, and Gillies got before giving up alot to acquire him

Devilspuppet666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 03:16 PM
kingdoughty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilspuppet666 View Post
i'd rather see what guys like Ramo, Brossiot, and Gillies got before giving up alot to acquire him
I feel like a lot of people don't realize how good he is. I know I'm a Kings fan, but honestly I've always liked this guy more than Quick even tho I know Quick is obviously our #1 guy

I would love to see Bernier go to Edmonton. Him and Dubnyk would be one of the best tandems in the league in my opinion

kingdoughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 03:52 PM
Adirondack Flames

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweranger View Post
I think Bernier won't be worth what it would take to trade for him.

I also would not write off Irving just yet. He is still pretty young and has been getting better each start. After seeing him for a few years in Abbotsford I am confident he has the ability to eventually become at least a 1b goaltender in the NHL

Adirondack Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 03:54 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

vCash: 265
A team like Winnipeg would be a good fit for him. Maybe a 2nd and a low end prospect.

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 04:02 PM
Phaneuffan3
Beleafer

Has a starting point for a deal been established. Not sure what the Leafs have that may be of interest.

Reason I'm asking is that I'm not fully sold on Reimer not to mention he is starting to look a little injury prone.

Phaneuffan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 04:03 PM
oilwings

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdoughty View Post
I feel like a lot of people don't realize how good he is. I know I'm a Kings fan, but honestly I've always liked this guy more than Quick even tho I know Quick is obviously our #1 guy

I would love to see Bernier go to Edmonton. Him and Dubnyk would be one of the best tandems in the league in my opinion
I'd love to see Bernier in Edmonton. Not sure if Tambo sees it.

oilwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 04:06 PM
KingCanadain1976

I could see him in calgary if the flames are out of it by the deadline and decide a rebuild is in order. bernier +++ for iggy and gio/sarich is something i could see.As for the +s 1 st in 14 toffoli drewiski muzzin are pieces that maybe in a deal maybe more.

I also can see him in columbus with a new gm im sure one of the things he needs to look at is the goalies. Maybe kings can get there 1st back with a goalie bob and a young winger with some upside Kings could add penner as i read something about them being interested in him.

I also can see buffalo as a spot maybe leopold enroth 2nd ? not sure here.

KingCanadain1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 04:28 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

His Sv% was worse last year (.909) than his pervious season (.913) and in two games this year (extremely small sample) he has a 5.64GAA and .884Sv%. What is it about him that suggests to you he's ready to be a #1 goaltender?

He's a small goaltender - by today's standards - at 5'11" and his numbers don't jump out at you. I watch LA games, but with not enough regularity to catch more than a couple of Bernier's starts a year.. but he's never really impressed me.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 04:33 PM
LotteryForLife*

I think he winds up with the Islanders. They will likely deal Nabby to a contender and they have plenty of assets to get him. Adding Strome, Niederreiter, Nelson and Reinhart next season will make this a far better team obviously and Bernier would easily be the #1 here

LotteryForLife* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 04:36 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
I could see him in calgary if the flames are out of it by the deadline and decide a rebuild is in order. bernier +++ for iggy and gio/sarich is something i could see.As for the +s 1 st in 14 toffoli drewiski muzzin are pieces that maybe in a deal maybe more.

I also can see him in columbus with a new gm im sure one of the things he needs to look at is the goalies. Maybe kings can get there 1st back with a goalie bob and a young winger with some upside Kings could add penner as i read something about them being interested in him.

I also can see buffalo as a spot maybe leopold enroth 2nd ? not sure here.
Aim lower: late 1st or high 2nd.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 04:41 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
His Sv% was worse last year (.909) than his pervious season (.913) and in two games this year (extremely small sample) he has a 5.64GAA and .884Sv%. What is it about him that suggests to you he's ready to be a #1 goaltender?

He's a small goaltender - by today's standards - at 5'11" and his numbers don't jump out at you. I watch LA games, but with not enough regularity to catch more than a couple of Bernier's starts a year.. but he's never really impressed me.
a quick look from tsn tell me says his goals against is 2.65 in two games. The first one was a relief appearance so he was thrown into a game with little prep.Also his frist nhl game in 10 months to say he was a little rusty is a understatement. He gave up 3 of his 4 goals on the pp which i honestly couldnt blame him for the goals. His second game however was against the blues which he won 4 1 and was poised and calm on all shots. His rebound control was back to normal. All this man needs is to be played on some sorta regular bases and he will better his stats. Only a matter of when not if.

Old
02-13-2013, 04:44 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
Aim lower: late 1st or high 2nd.
Ahh yeah no i think i ll aim where i am. As reported on tsn during intermission (feb 1st i belive) by darren Dreggar the kings are after a young top 6 player or top prospect and a 1st round pick is what dean lombardi is after. So what im asking is belived to be what dl is asking

Old
02-13-2013, 04:50 PM
Rabid Ranger
2 is better than one

Honestly, I just don't think there's much of a market for him. The Kings rightly held on to both he and Quick until one took the reins-the problem being that so much time has gone by that Bernier's value has plummeted. If he does get traded, the value will likely be =/- than what Nashville got for Lindback.

Rabid Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 04:58 PM
KingCanadain1976

with philly winipeg buffalo florida islanders capitals blues and the blue jackets all giving up 40 or more goals this season i see the market for jb getting bigger then it was before the season started.

Old
02-13-2013, 05:04 PM
LotteryForLife*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
with philly winipeg buffalo florida islanders capitals blues and the blue jackets all giving up 40 or more goals this season i see the market for jb getting bigger then it was before the season started.
Not gonna wind up in Buffalo though. Goaltending is a strength there. Miller is a beast and on a real hockey team he's as good as Luongo or Rinne

LotteryForLife* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 05:05 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdoughty View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilwings View Post
I'd love to see Bernier in Edmonton. Not sure if Tambo sees it.
Why so Edmonton can have the same problems the Canucks are having.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 05:08 PM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotteryForLife View Post
I think he winds up with the Islanders. They will likely deal Nabby to a contender and they have plenty of assets to get him. Adding Strome, Niederreiter, Nelson and Reinhart next season will make this a far better team obviously and Bernier would easily be the #1 here
Nabokov is playing good. But it's not 2011. No contender wants him.

nhlfan9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 05:11 PM
bobafettish*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
didnt know dubnyk and bernier were signed to 5 and 4 million.

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 05:14 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotteryForLife View Post
Not gonna wind up in Buffalo though. Goaltending is a strength there. Miller is a beast and on a real hockey team he's as good as Luongo or Rinne
well i think that if bufflao continues to the point there out of the playoffs. I could see black hawks or playoff bound teams wanting to get miller. You have to admit hes getting up there and tradeing him is a option. Also alot of ur fans dont seem to like eroth as i see him in alot of proposals . Also you have the defenseman the kings seem to like. just my two cents

Old
02-13-2013, 06:04 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
didnt know dubnyk and bernier were signed to 5 and 4 million.
Sometimes you have to wonder if people have some squirrels lose in the attic.

Why would a team want 2 possible #1 goaltenders, each would be fighting for playing time as in Vancouver. Especially when Dubnyk, IMO has proven he is a starting goalie, and the money it would cost to sign Bernier next year could be spent on a player the Oilers needs.

Old
02-13-2013, 06:09 PM
SCARFACE909

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaneuffan3 View Post
Has a starting point for a deal been established. Not sure what the Leafs have that may be of interest.

Reason I'm asking is that I'm not fully sold on Reimer not to mention he is starting to look a little injury prone.
Not talking HF starting points, but it's believed Lombardi wants Frattin from Toronto in any Bernier deal.

SCARFACE909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 06:32 PM
Sergei Shirokov

I think his value has dropped a bit.

Not really sure who would be interested or what the price would be, but fit sounds like the Kings are asking for a pretty hefty return and with Bishop and Luongo also on the market, I doubt a deal is coming anytime soon, although who knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
Not sure how it would be the same position, we have 2 starting goalies, Bernier and Dubnyk would be 2 above average backups trying to prove themselves as starters.

If anything it would be more like the Nuevirth/Holtby situation.

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 06:39 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post
I think his value has dropped a bit.

Not really sure who would be interested or what the price would be, but fit sounds like the Kings are asking for a pretty hefty return and with Bishop and Luongo also on the market, I doubt a deal is coming anytime soon, although who knows.

Not sure how it would be the same position, we have 2 starting goalies, Bernier and Dubnyk would be 2 above average backups trying to prove themselves as starters.

If anything it would be more like the Nuevirth/Holtby situation.
So your saying Dubnyk hasn't proven himself.