HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

We survived! "Bouillon" wins it in the SO!

Closed Thread

Old
02-13-2013, 02:28 PM
overlords
Hfboards

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
The Internet-Frasers have got it wrong and the refs on the ice got it right. Hedman's goal - not directed in with a glove. Obviously below the cross bar. It sucked but it was a goal.

Every game there's a good whine about the officiating. If you want to complain look at the pick that Cole put on Hedman who obviously never had puck possession and took the retaliation penalty in the first.

The officiating helped the Habs last night, and once again the meltdown was all the players doing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
Shouldn't have counted according to Kerry

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=415901

Does kerry fraser count as an internet kerry fraser?

Old
02-13-2013, 03:06 PM
Theosis
#freegalchenyuk

vCash: 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Same amount of points as DD in fewer games, with far worse linemates, and almost no powerplay time.

Wake up, Therrien.
Seriously. Desharnais was great last year, I'm sure no one would question that... But he's been just average this year and at many times this year below average...

Old
02-13-2013, 03:10 PM
PricePkPatch

If we win Florida tomorrow, we'll jump to the 5th place in the standing. Not that bad.

Old
02-13-2013, 03:24 PM
MsChanandlerBong
The Chan-Chan Man

I was shocked when DD was second shooter but it paid off. Price seemed steady as **** in shootout as well which is great news. Eller had a great game; Markov has been really weak defensively the last 3 games imo. Not mad about the choke though, their 2nd goal shouldn't have counted and the penalty they called on Pleks was bs. Stand up Lecavalier, you're 6'5".

Old
02-13-2013, 03:27 PM
Strik_IX
No excuses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
About the Hedman goal... I tought they would call any of the goalie interference... Because if that wasnt goalie interference I don't know what hockey is.
My thoughts exactly, he ran right into Price with both skates in the crease, did he have to punch him in the mask to get a call or what?

Old
02-13-2013, 03:38 PM
Alexdaman

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strik_IX View Post
My thoughts exactly, he ran right into Price with both skates in the crease, did he have to punch him in the mask to get a call or what?
The puck went in at the same time a penalty could of been called for goalie interference, I think it's a good goal. What worries me is that Hedman was able to charge the net with no opposition.

The reason the habs have been average in the past 7 days is that they are too soft defensively, something they were not at the beginning of the season. And it seems that like last year when we have the lead in the 3rd period we are very timid about attacking unless we have fresh players on the ice and we dump the puck instead of giving it to the defense while doing the line change. That only happens when we have the lead and I think that unless Michel Therrien wants that, it's because some players are still used to Jacques Martin's system. There is no reason to trap the opposing team when we have the lead we should prioritize puck position instead.

Old
02-13-2013, 04:06 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
The puck went in at the same time a penalty could of been called for goalie interference, I think it's a good goal. What worries me is that Hedman was able to charge the net with no opposition.

The reason the habs have been average in the past 7 days is that they are too soft defensively, something they were not at the beginning of the season. And it seems that like last year when we have the lead in the 3rd period we are very timid about attacking unless we have fresh players on the ice and we dump the puck instead of giving it to the defense while doing the line change. That only happens when we have the lead and I think that unless Michel Therrien wants that, it's because some players are still used to Jacques Martin's system. There is no reason to trap the opposing team when we have the lead we should prioritize puck position instead.
We definitely don't have the physical players to play trap style defense. If you look at Devils or old Habs teams they had tough nasty Dmen that would make you pay to enter their zone. Plus we could ice a 3rd and 4th line that were just as physical and suffocating to play against. Montreal has speedier smaller players so they should attack at all times, play defense by spending more time in offensive zone.

Old
02-13-2013, 04:13 PM
Strik_IX
No excuses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
We definitely don't have the physical players to play trap style defense. If you look at Devils or old Habs teams they had tough nasty Dmen that would make you pay to enter their zone. Plus we could ice a 3rd and 4th line that were just as physical and suffocating to play against. Montreal has speedier smaller players so they should attack at all times, play defense by spending more time in offensive zone.
I agree, the Moen-Prust-Armstrong line spent a lot of time in TB's zone, they even had an entire shift in there before the 6 minute ****storm. Good forecheck is what's going to work for this team, not a neutral zone trap.

Old
02-13-2013, 04:19 PM
sharks9

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
If we win Florida tomorrow, we'll jump to the 5th place in the standing. Not that bad.
Depends on the outcome of other games, but yea that would be sweet.

Old
02-13-2013, 04:26 PM
zzoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
No way.
Sens vs Peng today. The winner will stay at #5.
If we win tomorrow, we may go to #6.

Old
02-13-2013, 04:46 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

If you look at winning %, because we based less games, we are tied for 5th in the east and tied for 9th in the NHL

Yup top 10 in the NHL.

Old
02-13-2013, 04:50 PM
Anksun

Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
I've got huge concerns about the ability of the habs defense to cover a guy 1 on 1 when the opposition is rushing the net. Especially considering it's the kind of play a goalie cant do anything about.

For the past 2 games at least, half the 2 on 2 ends up with the puck been deflected on the habs net by an opposition player winning position over the defenseman.

That's the kind of play that got to be adresses and fast, 'cause it's painfully obvious and will be part of any team game plan against the habs in the upcomming weeks.

Old
02-13-2013, 05:20 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacklours View Post
The first goal is not only PK's fault. However, if he pins his man on the board instead of going for the flashier/riskier play in a huge hit (which he missed), then everything is aborted. He had to realise what kind of situation he was in. He had to know there was more pressure than he had support (he couldn't find the open man which is why he funbled the puck). In that case you don't go for the big hit, you just play it safe to prevent any play for happening.

That being said, the forward who charged PK's man on the board is also at fault, he turned a 3 on 2 in a 3 on 1, if he stays in the middle and plays smart, then PK has time to come back and take a T-Bay player.
The bold is what I'm talking about. I haven't really considered the fact that the player Subban "hit" made the play (I hope everyone realizes WHY the hit missed, because the puck carrier at the last second and got rid of the puck and hit the brakes hard), so you are right in pointing that out to me, and you make very good points. But the poster I was quoting does nothing but bash his play so I think my tone was appropriate.

And this exact sequence happened about a hundred times last year, this is what Subban does. If you're coming down his side of the ice YOU WILL GET HIT, guarantee'd. That's what I love about his game. And if you don't it means you already lost the puck or passed it beforehand. Only this time the defensive coverage of the forwards (Cole) was lacking in particular, and he did the same against Toronto only it was way more obvious in the previous game. Cole cheats and he sucks defensively, period. In Martin's system that play worked.

Last edited by poetryinmotion: 02-13-2013 at 05:29 PM.
Old
02-13-2013, 05:29 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
No way.
Sens vs Peng today. The winner will stay at #5.
If we win tomorrow, we may go to #6.
Sens v Pens today; the winner will reach 4th position at 18 points. At best, the other will be 5th with 17 points, at 14 games.

If we win tomorrow, we'll have 17 points with 13 games. So we reach 5th place, except if Toronto beats Carolina.

Old
02-13-2013, 05:53 PM
Lizard King*

I don't know how we won that game. We deserved to lose. Hedman's 2nd goal could have been prevented. I don't know what a dman is doing so far up but that was some forwards duty to prevent him from getting there.

Old
02-13-2013, 06:29 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snrub View Post
I don't know how we won that game. We deserved to lose. Hedman's 2nd goal could have been prevented. I don't know what a dman is doing so far up but that was some forwards duty to prevent him from getting there.
The second goal shouldn't of counted since he hit the puck with his glove. It's quite clear that the habs get down on themselves after horrible officiating. They better figure it out becuase their are 35+ games left with atrocious officiating.

Hand of god, revisited.

Old
02-13-2013, 08:15 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snrub View Post
Habs DID NOT deserve to lose. They played 54 good minutes. They were just very unlucky to see two pucks find their way behind Price. TB was the one NOT deserving to win it.

Old
02-13-2013, 08:37 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
I was shocked when DD was second shooter but it paid off. Price seemed steady as **** in shootout as well which is great news. Eller had a great game; Markov has been really weak defensively the last 3 games imo. Not mad about the choke though, their 2nd goal shouldn't have counted and the penalty they called on Pleks was bs. Stand up Lecavalier, you're 6'5".
I was a little surprised too, but then I saw his shootout conversion percentage is actually north of 40%, which is actually pretty good by league standards. Its funny because I don't seem to remember him as a great shootout guy, but there ya go.

Does anyone remember who was slated to go 3rd in that shootout?

Old
02-13-2013, 09:02 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
I don't see it that way. They blew a 3 goal lead with what...10 minutes to go in a game? Along the way they took a stupid penalty,(Bourque's tripping on Lecavallier) failed to stand up for the goalie and looked like a team with zero leadership when they needed it most.

That win felt like a loss.

A win feeling like a loss is an absurdity.

A win is a win. There are no asterisks by that win. Its still two points.

Is it better to come from behind to tie a game only to lose it in OT?

What TB did was win a moral victory. Alas, you do not get two points for a moral victory. Only the Habs got the two points.

The negativity amazes me at times.

The positive from last night that made this a GREAT win was that the Habs did what 98% of the fans here did not think was possible.....win in a shootout.

And for overcoming their biggest deficiency in close games to get two points, a lot of people look at the win as a loss. Sad that a vocal part of the fanbase is so cynical and depressed even in victory.

Old
02-13-2013, 09:03 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
I was a little surprised too, but then I saw his shootout conversion percentage is actually north of 40%, which is actually pretty good by league standards. Its funny because I don't seem to remember him as a great shootout guy, but there ya go.

Looking at Therrien's lineup sheet, it said Tinordi as the 3rd guy.

Old
02-14-2013, 03:28 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

minus the comical end, it was a good game overall. dd played good. eller also.

but wtf was up with the tampa bay crowd? soooo much booing - they even booed the moen/crombeen fight...

Old
02-14-2013, 03:36 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post

but wtf was up with the tampa bay crowd? soooo much booing - they even booed the moen/crombeen fight...
I guess 35 to 50% of the crowd were Habs fans. Or even worse Maple Leafs fans...

Old
02-14-2013, 03:38 PM
PK76

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post

To be fair that fight was boring as hell.

At first I thought they were booing Subban but they were actually booing anybody that was logging the puck out of our zone of the PP.

Am I the only one who thought Gionta played a good game?

Old
02-14-2013, 03:43 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
agreed. I see a deal with EDM for Peckham coming. Because the guy probably wont cost much at all. Maybe the deal Weber has been waiting on?
That could be disastrous for Peckham's standing with don cherry! He'd all of a sudden become a soft AHL-caliber guy who you'd never want on your team and whatever the opposite of a "beautiful guy" is. (However he means that.)

Also, clearly a non-goal for Hedman. Has there been a frame suggesting that it DIDN'T go off his glove?

Old
02-14-2013, 03:50 PM
Prospector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post

Tomas Plekanec was the 3rd shooter

Closed Thread