HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

DiPietro Discussion Thread Part II (Post 746 **Placed on Waivers**)

Closed Thread

Old
02-13-2013, 05:52 AM
Degeneration Rex

vCash: 500
How about the next time Rick plays the fans yell "We want Thomas."

Old
02-13-2013, 07:12 AM
IslandersFan17

I refuse to put that game on Ricky. Deflection after deflection after deflection, THAT ONE OFF OF HAMONIC ARE YOU KIDDING ME.

Old
02-13-2013, 01:23 PM
CShuckWangGoAway*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original Rob View Post
Seriously? Listen, I think DP sucks just as much as the next guy... but 4 of the 5 goals last night were on deflections right near the goal, he didn't really have much of a chance. That one in particular off of Hamonic, that's not a routine save with a 90 degree change of direction from 5-feet out front.

Anyway, Wang/Snow/Cappy gotta go!

I love Rickey apologists.

Old
02-13-2013, 01:24 PM
CShuckWangGoAway*

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandersFan17 View Post
I refuse to put that game on Ricky. Deflection after deflection after deflection, THAT ONE OFF OF HAMONIC ARE YOU KIDDING ME.
That goal is on Rick, and Rick sucks.

that's really all there is to it. All the hoping in the world won't make Rick a real goalie.

Old
02-13-2013, 02:00 PM
Bones45

lets count the losers in this pic

Old
02-13-2013, 02:11 PM
88th Precinct
'Charro Unchained'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones45 View Post
lets count the losers in this pic

Old
02-13-2013, 03:31 PM
Original Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by CShuckWangGoAway View Post
I love Rickey apologists.
If you think I am an apologist for anything regarding this team you need to get a clue.

Old
02-13-2013, 05:54 PM
CShuckWangGoAway*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original Rob View Post
If you think I am an apologist for anything regarding this team you need to get a clue.
Rickey plays like an 80 year old drunk guy, Any game he plays in and they lose, it's on him. He might be an ECHL level goalie at this point. Oh wait, he got benched in Germany's ECHL.

Nobody wants hear about how it ain't on Rick, because it is on Rick. Just the fact he expects us to pay to watch him struggle to get off the ice and stop the easiest shots is on him. He blows. It's on him. That is all.

Old
02-13-2013, 06:04 PM
Isles Shawn

Old
02-14-2013, 05:10 PM
Lesky
Le Magnifique #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles Shawn View Post
Idiocy. Goal was not his fault at all.

Old
02-14-2013, 05:55 PM
PhysicalGraffiti
Hates Stevie Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles Shawn View Post
Pathetic that they are rooting for the same team as me.

How stupid. Especially on that goal with the redeflections, he had no chance at it.

It isn't like Nabby has been playing lights out either, so maybe instead of laying blame at DP, blame the team for not being that great if neither goalie is playing all that great.

I suppose the other alternative is both goalies suck, I know most would easily believe that for DP, but unsure for Nabby. I feel like it's a team issue though.

Old
02-14-2013, 05:57 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicalGraffiti View Post
Pathetic that they are rooting for the same team as me.

How stupid. Especially on that goal with the redeflections, he had no chance at it.

It isn't like Nabby has been playing lights out either, so maybe instead of laying blame at DP, blame the team for not being that great if neither goalie is playing all that great.

I suppose the other alternative is both goalies suck, I know most would easily believe that for DP, but unsure for Nabby. I feel like it's a team issue though.
Outside of 3-4 games nabby has been pretty brutal too. Both guys have **** the bed. But, so has the entire team sans a couple of guys.

Old
02-14-2013, 06:21 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/89...etro-giving-up

UNIONDALE, N.Y. -- "The bizarre once again followed Rick DiPietro like a storm cloud Monday in his first home start for the New York Islanders since -- this is not a misprint  November 2011. Then the catcalls and insults rained down even louder they did when he was merely introduced to the Nassau Coliseum crowd on opening night but didn't play. When told, only half-kiddingly, that at this point it appears he needs an exorcism, DiPietro paused as he was taking off his goaltender's equipment after Tuesday's practice, then mustered a good-natured smirk and said, "Who, me? I don't think I'm going to be sacrificing any live chickens....."

02-18-2013, 01:50 PM
Lesky
Le Magnifique #66

Giroux x 2.

Where is DiPietro when you need him?

Old
02-20-2013, 08:53 AM
RickyRedlight123
Rookie User

Rick Dipietro lowlights/blooper video

Does anyone know if one of these videos exists? If not, does anyone here have the capability of making such a video? Would be pure gold, could make a 3 minute video off his lowlights from this season alone. Ricky Redlight never ceases to amaze. Just when you think he'll get out of dodge with a respectable game he allows that 3rd goal last night...noone lights up that red light behind the net quite like good ole Ricky Redlight. On the bright side, only 8 more years left on that contract, we must cherish every moment...

Old
02-20-2013, 01:00 PM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 234
Reading through Arthur Staples online chat from yesterday sounds like he thinks Rick's time may come to an end soon (for this season doesn't say anything about buy out):

Quote:
Comment From Barry
Will we see Poulin or Nilsson at some point?

Staple:Barry -- I think so. Unless DiPietro has a few gems up his sleeve, I'd think Snow and the coaches have to realize they'll need a backup in whom the team has some faith. Have to give one of the kids in Bport a look at some point.
Quote:
Comment From Daniel What's the opinion outside of the Islanders about DP. Does anyone really think he's capable of playing in the NHL?

Staple: Daniel -- I'm not sure too many people inside the team feel that way. Capuano's trust in him is a fraying thread right now; if Rick has a poor game tonight, honestly I could see the Isles sending him to Bport for a spell. There aren't many options left.
http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...aple-1.3167071 (@ 1:45)

Old
02-20-2013, 01:40 PM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 234
A little more:

Quote:
(Talking of Ricky)Does he still believe he is capable of regaining his form? Also, what are the chances he is bought out in the Summer?
Staple: William -- I'd say there's always a chance. For all Rick's faults, he's a hard worker. And there's not much chance he'll be bought out. Minors would be more likely.
Quote:
Comment From CR
When you say "Minors more likely" for DP, do you mean a conditioning stint (ha, like it's poor conditioning) or do you mean The Wade Redden Treatment?
2:18

Staple:CR -- The Redden treatment, only the Isles keep his cap hit because of the new CBA rules. And Rick keeps getting paid.
Quote:
Comment From C.Drama
So if the Isles send DP to Bridgeport in order to keep his cap hit, doesn't that show the organization is not committed wo winning, but rather reaching the cap floor through whatever means neccessary?

Staple: I think they'd be sending him down to get him out of the way so better goaltenders can be with the Isles. Not writing him a $24-million check as a buyout this summer seems like a business decision. Yes, it's a terrible contract, but the minors would seem to be the best option now.

Old
02-20-2013, 02:21 PM
redbull
game on

does a sinking ship really need to worry about a back-up goalie that only helps them tank while concurrently keeps them healthily above the cap floor? DiPietro's GOLDEN when it comes to his role on the team. This, in the eyes of Wang and Snow, anyway.

The sad part is, I'm a DiPietro "fan", I still pull for the guy. I always thought he was going to be a great goalie and wasn't even upset when he was drafted and Luongo was dealt (wasn't a big fan of anyone in that draft for some reason)

And in 2006-07 I saw a goalie who could be something special. I still hope he pulls things together even though it appears the complete opposite. In many ways, it mirrors what I see in the whole organization, on-ice, off-ice. Hoping things change while being slapped with reality each game.

Old
02-20-2013, 02:50 PM
Bones45

this thread is so big, it deserves a huge contract, and then extensive reconstructive surgery which kills the morale of all the posters.

Old
02-20-2013, 04:55 PM
Giuseppe Franco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesky View Post
Idiocy. Goal was not his fault at all.
Yeah, because I'm sure the fans were chanting cos of that one goal and not because of the god-awful body of work he's produced the last 5 years.

Old
02-20-2013, 05:08 PM
lacunacoil777

So basically Isles cant come up with a $24 million dollar check to buy dipietro out. THey dont have $24 million dollars sitting around and dont want to take a loan out for it. Better to just pay him for two more years then let the next owner have to keep paying him. Dipietro really, really lucked out. 1st he found a owner who was looking for a best male friend, then he got the owner to overrule the GM and give him a lifetime contract, and now he gets to stay in the NHL because the owner considers him a best friend and the owner doenst have $24 million to buy him out! WOnderful!

Old
02-20-2013, 05:25 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunk Moreland View Post
A little more:
Quote:
(Talking of Ricky)Does he still believe he is capable of regaining his form? Also, what are the chances he is bought out in the Summer?
Staple: William -- I'd say there's always a chance. For all Rick's faults, he's a hard worker. And there's not much chance he'll be bought out. Minors would be more likely.
Quote:
Comment From CR
When you say "Minors more likely" for DP, do you mean a conditioning stint (ha, like it's poor conditioning) or do you mean The Wade Redden Treatment?
2:18

Staple:CR -- The Redden treatment, only the Isles keep his cap hit because of the new CBA rules. And Rick keeps getting paid.
Quote:
Comment From C.Drama
So if the Isles send DP to Bridgeport in order to keep his cap hit, doesn't that show the organization is not committed wo winning, but rather reaching the cap floor through whatever means neccessary?

Staple: I think they'd be sending him down to get him out of the way so better goaltenders can be with the Isles. Not writing him a $24-million check as a buyout this summer seems like a business decision. Yes, it's a terrible contract, but the minors would seem to be the best option now.

Some interesting comments and somewhat disappointing.

Old
02-20-2013, 05:34 PM
On Edge

The problem with RDP and the negativity that many of us have towards him is that he is part of the problem (he STINKS) as well as the symptom of the larger problem with this franchise (ownership and the two headed Snowang's infatuation with Rickyticky and a commitment based on a contract and maybe personal feelings instead of performance and actually earning his roster spot).

I get the DP apologists in some ways but really, truly the expectations have been lowered so much with this franchise over the past 20 years that being "competitive" or perhaps being in a position to make the playoffs has been the goal for way too long. That should be unacceptable but it isn't to most fans. For a franchise that I remember as setting a standard for excellence a long time ago, it is just such a disapointment.

RDP is the true face of this franchise - not Tavares - because of the continued commitment to failure. I'm sick of it frankly.

Old
02-20-2013, 06:16 PM
ferrisUML

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeland Security View Post
Some interesting comments and somewhat disappointing.
Personally, I don't think so. Sending Ricky to the minors ≈ buyout. Either way, out of sight and out of mind and this franchise can begin to move forward. Honestly, I can understand the hesitancy to buy him out directly. Wang doesnt have the pockets and the Islander don't generate the revenue. so the day he is in Bridgeport for anything other than a conditioning stint is a MAJOR step in the right direction for this franchise.

Old
02-20-2013, 06:20 PM
Hip Of Rick

Just another embarsment for this franchise, what else is new

Closed Thread