HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

EHM 07 - Part 9

Closed Thread

Old
02-08-2013, 02:58 PM
RO8

vCash: 500
sometimes anti virus protection will identify it as a trojan aswell so you may need to allow it through whatever program you use

Old
02-09-2013, 12:08 PM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

My PP always sucks in this game I don't know why I am hovering between 13th, 14th and 15th with the Bruins. On my team are:

Bergeron
Sturm
Savard
Kessel
Parise
Malone
Gaustad
Hartnell
Chara
Seidenberg
Keith

some others

Somehow Ryan Malone is my leading point getter

Old
02-09-2013, 12:12 PM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

I wish this game had more functions. Like a media or fan function. So instead of just reacting to fans who call for change you can make your own statements. Or even hold like fan appreciation games.

Old
02-10-2013, 01:44 AM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

LOL traded away the draft rights to Nick Petrcki and a 2012 5th round pick to the red wings for Datsyuk

Old
02-10-2013, 02:04 AM
Chessarmy
Its a Marty Party

so I decided to do practice myself during the offseason, then during the regular season I put it back to the head coach doing practice, but I noticed that it put everyone to "resting". Most of the guys are at 100% condition, why is it doing this? Annoying

Old
02-10-2013, 02:57 AM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

One thing I dislike about this game is the board mainly hits u up when they're upset with you.

I lose a game 5-4 and they get mad
I win one 6-3 and I get no message

Old
02-10-2013, 05:40 AM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsABruin View Post
One thing I dislike about this game is the board mainly hits u up when they're upset with you.

Maybe you lost to the rival team ?

Old
02-10-2013, 12:11 PM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

I have beat our rival teams a bunch of times and I don't remember these jack knobs being happy

Old
02-10-2013, 12:39 PM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

It happens every once in a while. Keep your pants on.

Old
02-10-2013, 01:26 PM
Treb

Quote:
I have beat our rival teams a bunch of times and I don't remember these jack knobs being happy
For them to be unhappy, usually lose a rival game by more than 2.

To be happy, mop the floor with your opponents ( 4 or more goals).

Old
02-10-2013, 02:48 PM
Final8758

Decided to play EHM after not playing it in like six months and it got me hooked - again.

Continued my Red Wings save in which im in year 2027 now, in the point where last ones of the original players are starting to retire.

I finished the season with presidents trophy and stanley cup. (7th in a row, 10th during my tenure in Detroit) And i'll look forward to atleast a few more years with Detroit, as long as my franchise player John Tavares is playing. Currently at age 35, he won the Art Ross trophy, Hart, Lester B. Pearson, Lady Byng and Conn Smythe trophy. Also came in second in the Maurice Rocket Richard trophy race, losing by two goals to his linemate Roger Sandvik (Näslund regen).

Tavares has been pretty amazing for me. During the 12 years he's been in the Red Wings, he has missed only 17 regular season games, 0 playoff games, and has averaged over 1.57ppg and also has racked quite an impressive pile of trophies: 6x Art Ross, 9x Conn Smythe, 3x Hart, 1x Lady Byng and 1x Lester Pearson.

Here's been some discussion about defensive and offensive tactics from what i read and while i do use more of a offensive tactics, i've been imo able to do quite fine defensively too. My goalies have racked up 3 Jennings trophies during my tenure, and i've constantly been top3 in the goals allowed department while leading the league in goals. In the most recent season i led the league in goals for by a pretty fair margin (365G vs. 324 and 312) while only let in 7 more goals than the team with least goals allowed (Mine was 231, teams with less GA were 229 and 224)

My team is pretty stacked on all positions tho;

Thibodeau-Tavares-Sandvik (Kariya-Tavares-Näslund)
Porter-Ivanov-Beauchemin (Rolston-Datsyuk-Iginla)
Siltavirta-Stephen-Philips (Lehtinen-Briere-no idea really, could be Guerin)
Bolduc-Ennis-Ronning (All fairly good defensively and physically no idea about whose regens those are)

Murray-Arsenault (Ryan Murray-Niedermayer)
Hynes-Corneau (Blake-not really sure but could be McCabe, this has been just a beast shutdown pairing for me)
Westlund-Veilleux (Öhlund-somebody)

DeBlois (Brodeur regen)
XXX Pretty much whoever since my Brodeur regen is getting most of the starts anyway.

I havent had nearly as good offensive seasons as some of what i've seen in this thread, those +250 points seasons for one player with regular minutes are just outstanding. Best for me has been Tavares's 149 point season in which he averaged about 19min per game.

I've had plenty of fun with building this team and try to keep most of these great players. i've had to let go some great regens just 'cause of the salary cap getting in my way and these great regens making their way up. I have let go of Selänne, Forsberg, Hasek, Lidström and couple of other regens i can't quite remember who they were right now. I have had plenty of luck tho, for example my Datsyuk regen who is playing in my 2nd line now i was able to draft #60 overall and the Lidström regen i had i got in 4th round if i remember correctly.

Old
02-11-2013, 10:40 PM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

This game is fun but it's getting kind of annoying
With the talent on my team I should be winning my games however in my new current season I am

4-7-1

I was 4-2 In pre season

Is there a way to make it so that the coach fixes the lines and all the other tactics like pressure and I can just manage other things?

Old
02-12-2013, 09:52 AM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

Yes. Go into the GM options.

Old
02-12-2013, 11:57 AM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

I did that and it said stuff like keep tactics the way they are. I would like the coach to change tactics and who to check for me.

Datsyuk and Savard are unhappy cuz we are underachieving

Old
02-12-2013, 05:10 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

vCash: 50
Seeing all these posts makes me miss this game can't afford to play it this semester, school is really busy. In case anybody is wondering where I've gone

I think in April, I'm gonna get hardcore back into this.

Old
02-12-2013, 07:17 PM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

Quote:
I did that and it said stuff like keep tactics the way they are. I would like the coach to change tactics and who to check for me.
In GM options, where it says "Use current tactics", "Use current team selection", "Use current lines", click it to no. That leaves the coach in charge of those areas.

Old
02-12-2013, 07:34 PM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

Wow I thought I had to change it myself so I did..........

Doesn't matter these ***** fired me after I went on a 3 game winning streak then lost 1 to our rivals.........

PSH I built an awesome team too

Old
02-12-2013, 11:00 PM
RO8

Quote:

I've had it happen like 4 times in 15 or 16 games. In games like 6-3 vs CBJ, and 3-1 vs CGY as the Canucks, so it does not have to be a blowout or a divisional rival specifically. But to be fair I did just win back to back cups and let most of my talent go via FA and am still scraping together wins.

Old
02-13-2013, 11:21 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Going to try my hand at rebuilding the Flames.

Old
02-13-2013, 11:34 AM
Kbs

I've been trying my luck with the Islanders. I don't think they're the most difficult team in the latest TBL Rosters, but I thought I'd give them a shot.

I decided to not make a lot of big trades that involve star players swapping back and forth, so I'm relying on development of prospects and roster players.

The first year, we did pretty bad and picked 7th overall. I didn't do much in the offseason besides pick up a couple defensemen / depth forwards (Off the top of my head, Tim Gleason and Kimmo Timmonen) and I only made a couple minor trades during the seasons.

The second season went much better but the team couldn't hold much consistency throughout the year. For example, we started 1-4, then went on a 7 game winning streak. We just missed the playoffs because we were on a down swing at the end of the season and DiPietro decided to play pretty bad during that time. We finished ninth and the board was starting to get slightly impatient.

During the offseason, I really only made one big splash and that was picking up Alex Steen in free agency. I figured he was the perfect fit for our team as we're pretty inconsistent defensively and he should be a good defensive presence in the top 6.

I just started my 3rd season earlier this morning and we're off to a rocky start (.500 or around there) but once DiPietro gets into full stride we should be OK because we're playing alright defensively and our offence is clicking.

Also, just to note, typically I absolutely suck at coaching in this game The only time I've won Cups was when the only coaching I did was setting lines (and leaving tactics up to the coach). Otherwise I'm average at best, but slightly improving each season haha.

I can't remember the lines off the top of my head right now, but I should probably make a trade because I wasn't fully expecting Strome to develop as well as he did this offseason. I was going to develop him at a slow pace and maybe put him in the minors for one season. Turns out he's amazing and he is outplaying Tavares by a longshot right now.

A couple notables are Matt Martin who has played pretty mediocre hockey until this season. Finally, he's breaking out a bit and is in the top 6 with a PPG at around 10 games in. Also, Zach Kassian is breaking out (got him for Visnovsky, pretty bad trade for Vancouver but whatever) and has great chemistry with Strome so far.

Old
02-13-2013, 02:55 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

No one on the Flames has any value... They have **** for prospects..

Old
02-13-2013, 03:37 PM
Kbs

I just glanced at the Flames roster (I'm 3 seasons in) and the only good prospect that developed was Baertchi but he's not even really performing that well. His attributes are amazing but he hasn't put it all together yet.

Wow, I just had my biggest victory in an NHL regular season game in EHM IIRC. Just beat the Rangers 12-2 Matt Martin with 2g+2a, Tavares with 3g+2a, and Steen with 3a. Pretty spread out beyond that. I actually made a trade the day before (Bailey for Alzner) and Alzner finished a +4 and 1a in his first game haha. EDIT: Tim Gleason finished with 1a and a -1

Old
02-13-2013, 11:01 PM
Chessarmy
Its a Marty Party

Boy the Devils in the new roster update are a challenge. Marty plays horrible in his second season and the team doesn't have any good forward prospects (literally, none).

Looks like there's a rebuild coming for NJ

Old
02-15-2013, 08:09 PM
RO8

I can't lose in my file. I traded Esche, B.Stuart and let go of Thornton and Naslund. But they won't go into rebuild mode like I want them to. I already had a lack of secondary scoring considering my top 6 has guys like Weiss, Ryder, Torres. Torres is putting up 8.5 ratings though and had 40goals and 80-90 points last season. I tend to think all the tough guys I added are allowing them to grit out wins, so far they have made Harding look pretty good.

Old
02-16-2013, 12:51 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbs View Post
I just glanced at the Flames roster (I'm 3 seasons in) and the only good prospect that developed was Baertchi but he's not even really performing that well. His attributes are amazing but he hasn't put it all together yet.

Wow, I just had my biggest victory in an NHL regular season game in EHM IIRC. Just beat the Rangers 12-2 Matt Martin with 2g+2a, Tavares with 3g+2a, and Steen with 3a. Pretty spread out beyond that. I actually made a trade the day before (Bailey for Alzner) and Alzner finished a +4 and 1a in his first game haha. EDIT: Tim Gleason finished with 1a and a -1
Most of the flames players have no value.

Closed Thread