HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

[PIT/WPG] Eric Tangradi for a 7th round pick in 2013

Old
02-13-2013, 03:56 PM
bobbyflex

vCash: 500
im extremely shocked another team wasn't able to offer more....

bobbyflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 03:58 PM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
I said a chance to play regularly and he really hasn't had a ton of opportunity with the Pens. He got a brief look for a couple games with Malkin and Neal but that was it. He played much better when dropped lower in the lineup. I think he's got 3rd line upside.
Just seems like the Pens would have been the absolute BEST spot for ET. If he can't contribute on that team as a 3rd wheel on a scoring line, or as a good lunchpail type with the bottom 6 forwards they've got - not sure what chance he's got somewhere else.

Just from my perspective - the Pens have a HUGE need for his type of player. Their very smart GM & good coach both would have LOVED to have him be an effective player. He's been around for the better part of a couple of years, and he didn't show those guys enough to keep him around. In fact, he showed them so little that the team was willing to trade him for a lottery ticket that has about a 5% of turning into an NHL player. And while smart people make mistakes too, I think that if Shero felt like posters did here - he wouldn't have dealt him for a 7th rounder. Which means us non-Pen's poster have either a fanboy opinion vs. that of a paid professional. This deal is Shero basically stating that he doesn't think ET's ever going to be a legit NHL'er. I don't know what, beyond some apparently undeserved hype from 2-3 years ago would lead anyone else to think otherwise.

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 03:58 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyflex View Post
im extremely shocked another team wasn't able to offer more....
Every organization has a Tangradi.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 03:59 PM
Hans Rutherford
Oh no... my brains

We'll find out whether he was a garbage prospect or not whenever he can actually play hockey and not get benched during every game for no reason.

Hans Rutherford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 04:00 PM
billybudd
5 Mike Rupps

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGuins8711 View Post
We'll find out whether he was a garbage prospect or not whenever he can actually play hockey and not get benched during every game for no reason.
Winnipeg will bench him too.

billybudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
huge*

Send a message via MSN to huge* Send a message via Skype™ to huge*
Say it ain't so. Not another prospect over rated by its fan base, busted, and traded for peanuts

huge* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!

Seems like a prelude. I am excited now.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
gdsmack267

He is a good player but just not for the NHL. His lack of speed is visible and just doesnt hit enough for his size.

gdsmack267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 04:01 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Buff Drinklots

vCash: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Lol. Pens fans trying to pass this guy off as a "blue chip" in Iginla proposals.

Returns a 7th...ah vindication.
Nobody was trying to pass him off as "blue chip" and hasn't been for a while. Tangradi has been involved in just about every trade proposal because we all knew he was on his way out - he's been nothing more than a throw-in.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Big McLargehuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by kratzbuerste View Post
Seems like a prelude. I am excited now.
A prelude to what? A trade for another winger?

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
OCPenguin

Quote:
He still has a chance to become a solid player but he needs to play regularly in the NHL and he hasn't had that chance in Pittsburgh.
He had enough chances in Pittsburgh for Shero to see it wasn't going to work. He didn't form any chemistry with Sid or Geno and he isn't a third line guy or a fourth line guy, so ...

I guess this shows, not everyone that plays with Malkin or Crosby automatically becomes a 30-goal guy.

I wish him the best in Winnipeg. I thought he was going to get waived. Watch him score against us Friday night.

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 04:02 PM
bruinsfan46

Low risk for the Jets, could be some reward. Might be a guy who needed a change of scenery. Pittsburgh's hands were tied, wasn't doing anything as a Penguin and wouldn't clear waivers. Prospects sometimes bust, although it's not unfeasible Tangradi turns it around.

bruinsfan46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 04:03 PM
David71

thats it>? another bust?

David71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 04:03 PM
HooliganX2

vCash: 772
Quote:
He still has a chance to become a solid player but he needs to play regularly in the NHL and he hasn't had that chance in Pittsburgh.
With Pitt's lack of winger depth that really tells you something about him though.

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 04:04 PM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
Man lots of these prospects ain't work much.
except he's not a prospect anymore (even though he's still in his low-20s). he never panned out and it's amazing that Shero got something for him.

he's too confused with his ability for a top-6 role but he's too timid for a bottom-6 role.

domaug* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 04:05 PM
TMLeafer

Wow. I remember when he was an untouchable in the Ponikarovsky trade talks.

TMLeafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 04:06 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Buff Drinklots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beukeboom Fan View Post
If all PITT could get for him was a 7th, why would you think he wouldn't clear waivers? If a team was AT ALL confident in ET's ability to contribute at the NHL level, IMO he would have given a hell of a lot more than a 7th rounder in a trade.
Because he turned 24 this week and still has a high ceiling? Guys like Tangradi don't clear waivers because there's always going to be a team willing to take a no-risk chance on guys of his ilk.

Winnipeg will allow him to play like he needs to - getting regular minutes in the bottom six and not getting benched every time he makes a bad play. Tangradi's problem in Pittsburgh is that the only opening on the line-up was the 2nd line left wing spot, and he's nowhere near good enough for that job at this point in time. He needed to play in the bottom six, but our bottom six is pretty well set in stone and has Joe Vitale as an occasional healthy scratch...so that wasn't an option.

Old
02-13-2013, 04:06 PM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
a Beau Bennett call-up is most likely now before another trade. there was speculation on a Pittsburgh radio show that he'd get the chance to play.

domaug* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 04:07 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatASaveDave View Post
what happened to this guy? Use to have so much value
The penguins are what happened. He went from Anaheim to Pittsburg and went from a good prospect to great because of media. He's always been overhyped.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 04:07 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Buff Drinklots

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLeafer View Post
Wow. I remember when he was an untouchable in the Ponikarovsky trade talks.
He's still better than Luca Caputi

And to build on my last post...the Penguins needed to clear a roster spot and everyone on the roster, aside from Despres, would have to clear waivers. A 7th rounder is better than nothing and teams weren't going to offer anything higher when they know the alternative is waivers. This clears the way for Beau Bennett to get the call-up.

Old
02-13-2013, 04:08 PM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGuins8711 View Post
Pens surely ****ed up with him for sure. May never be an all-star but I'll bet he becomes a solid player for the Jets. Giving up just a 7th is definitely worth it.
Can you point to some way the Pens screwed ET up? He sure wasn't rushed to the NHL, and he's been around plenty long enough to show the coaches and organization that he's capable of contributing, but that never happened.

Why is that ever prospect that doesn't make it was "****ed" by the team? Why not acknowledge the fact that most prospects don't make it, and he just wasn't able to transition from the AHL game to the NHL game? It's not like big, mean Shero and Bylsma get a bonus for ever prospect they're able to bust like a Drill Sergeant at Basic or a Freshman Phyics professor in an engineering program. It was in the best interest of the Pens to have ET make it, but they don't think that is ever going to happen.

And from my perspective, they know ET 100x better than any poster on the board. They see him work every day in practice, get detailed reports from coaches and training staff, and actually KNOW him on a personal level. They've seen him develop (or not) over the last 4-6 years. Their opinion of him is based on close observation, and not reading someone else's opinion on the internet.

I hope that ET (and all prospects) makes it, but I think it's a HUGE long shot at this point. If a respectable team with a good GM was willing to trade him for a 7th, that's all I need to know.

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 04:10 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Dominoes....

ROR to Pittsburgh is imminent at this point.

Pierce Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 04:12 PM
The Dangley One
Dangle dangle goal

Pens fans looking bad

The Dangley One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 04:12 PM
billybudd
5 Mike Rupps

Quote:
Maybe. We've got 7 D who are too good to scratch, 2 more who are likely to be ready inside 12 months and some holes at forward (one top 6 wing shy, Kennedy is playing himself off the team and age seems to have caught up with Matt Cooke). Penguins have a strange mix, too much depth on D (one valuable guy we lost for nothing) and it feels like a trade is brewing.

billybudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 04:14 PM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

Hilarious that he only got that in a return.

Roo Mad Bro is offline   Reply With Quote