HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

Bruins Officially Worst (30th) PP and Best (1st) PK in NHL

Old
02-13-2013, 04:14 PM
22Brad Park

vCash: 500
What do people expect when they set up a powerplay and the two defenceman are on wrong sides to one time the puck? They had one 5 on 3 this year.Just look at where the D men were at,Enough said.

22Brad Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 04:15 PM
22Brad Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie O My View Post
what do you mean answer the question? of course i want it all!

but if you can't have it all, i'd feel better with a team that excels in the 1st 2 and craps themselves on the 3rd, rather than any other combination.

Nobody said it's the most important aspect of the game? Sometimes i'll read these threads and i get the feeling it's the ONLY part of the game. This misguided obsession with the PP would be like a poster getting all hot and bothered that someone who is 5 for 5 on the shootout has shot it every time from the slot instead of faking out the goalie with a sick deke or something. In other words it's about winning pretty, and with a sort of flare.
A powerplay can get a team wins in games it does not deserve.Had Bruins powerplay got just one last nite they win.But they did outplay Rangers last nite.

Old
02-13-2013, 04:20 PM
Pie O My

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Brad Park View Post
A powerplay can get a team wins in games it does not deserve.Had Bruins powerplay got just one last nite they win.But they did outplay Rangers last nite.
this is exactly what i'm talking about!! dahhhh!

That 1st goal was a PP goal in all but name and it started the comeback. But it doesn't show up on the stat sheet as such, so it doesn't make us one of the cool kids. Folks still want to tell me you're not all obsessed with PP stat?

don't take it personally Brad Park, it's not specifically you i'm ranting about.

Pie O My is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 04:24 PM
11MilesPerJohan
@BeingAHumanBean

Quote:
what do you mean answer the question? of course i want it all!

but if you can't have it all, i'd feel better with a team that excels in the 1st 2 and craps themselves on the 3rd, rather than any other combination.

Nobody said it's the most important aspect of the game? Sometimes i'll read these threads and i get the feeling it's the ONLY part of the game. This misguided obsession with the PP would be like a poster getting all hot and bothered that someone who is 5 for 5 on the shootout has shot it every time from the slot instead of faking out the goalie with a sick deke or something. In other words it's about winning pretty, and with a sort of flare.
Okay, I understand your larger point...and I agree with you, if I had to rank the aspects of the game, I would say 1. 5-on-5, 2. PK, 3. PP...but I want it all TOO!!!

My God, this team is 8-1-2...we need something to gnash our teeth over! We would all go crazy if we were just handing out superlatives all day long...

I don't know, maybe perfection would be too blah...it would be like one of those "Number 12. looks just like you," situations...I guess the flaws are what makes life interesting.

11MilesPerJohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 04:30 PM
22Brad Park

Quote:

That 1st goal was a PP goal in all but name and it started the comeback. But it doesn't show up on the stat sheet as such, so it doesn't make us one of the cool kids. Folks still want to tell me you're not all obsessed with PP stat?

don't take it personally Brad Park, it's not specifically you i'm ranting about.
haha I dont ,, i misunderstood u, I agree about that 1st goal too i guess.I was kind of saying in general,

Old
02-13-2013, 05:58 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:

Too true. Ference was on the Sports Hub today and he said it was too bad they didn't score a second before, rather than a second later, because it would have boosted their percentage. But it really was a PP goal - Nash is pretty fast, but he's not fast enough to get into the play one second out of the box.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 10:33 PM
nords1995

They move the puck more than last year but.... all have been said on the PP.
We had Kaberle on it........ was not much better.

My thoughts

PP is oftenly static
We have alot of right handed players on the PP. (Peverley, Seguin, Bergeron, DK etc...)
Lack of confidence?
To much defensive minded players?
Coaching?

Right now our PP performances does not hurt... but Bruins are probably having alot of video going on right now!

nords1995 is offline   Reply With Quote