HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 Ducks toughness thread (with updates)

Old
02-09-2013, 10:07 AM
TheJoeMan
In Bob We Trust

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk316 View Post
Who ever said that?
Staubitz plays multiple impressive games in a row you and Duck angel are quiet the minute who takes a penalty you jump to the computer
For the record i feel PL3 should be called up and play against rivals and Staubitz against the softer teams
Impressive?! He may have kept himself in the lineup with decent play but let's not get crazy here.

But last night was inexcusable. His selfish, ineffective attempt to get back at the Stars cost us the game. He could have just challenged him to a fight and actually done something positive for the team. Ugh, I always hated that signing and I hate it even more.

TheJoeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 10:22 AM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
There is a difference between being impressive, and being useful. Staubitz went out on the ice and did what he was supposed to do - he hit, he worked hard, and he didn't do anything stupid. A player like him can't afford to take stupid penalties, because it seriously hurts his ability to be useful to the team.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 11:07 AM
Hey234

Quote:
Who ever said that?
Staubitz plays multiple impressive games in a row you and Duck angel are quiet the minute who takes a penalty you jump to the computer
For the record i feel PL3 should be called up and play against rivals and Staubitz against the softer teams
The only thing "impressive" about Staubitz's play the last few games was that he got back to the bench without taking a penalty. Last night just proved how useless a career fighter is on a team. Rakell would have contributed much more to the team and not speared the Stars.

Players like him contribute very little. I just will never understand how the few minutes he plays keeps our other players protected or his physical play pressures the other teams. It's not like he plays against the top lines or defensive pairings. He is pulled the second they take the ice.

Our fourth line worked better' and received more ice time, when it was filled with prospects. At least they have the potential to contribute to the teams overall success.

Hey234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 11:36 AM
McDonald19
Hampus

Sounds like coach B wasn't mad at Staubitz. He was mad at the refs for not calling the Robidas spear.

Staubitz isn't in the doghouse.

McDonald19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 12:25 PM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Impressive? Well I guess he did have a 2 point night last night

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 12:39 PM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonald19 View Post
Sounds like coach B wasn't mad at Staubitz. He was mad at the refs for not calling the Robidas spear.

Nope. Nor should he be.

Spicy Porkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 12:58 PM
Getz2perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonald19 View Post

I think BB was prob happy by staubitz action, weve already lost 1 star to a cheap hit, no need to let other playes get away with ****.

Getz2perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 06:45 AM
Finnpin

Staubitz did what he is getting paid for...ok he wen't little bit over the edge but I like that he did sent a message... even though Perry was the original message sender against Robidas

Poor play and Lehtonen cost us the game more than Staubitz.

Finnpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:55 PM
TheJoeMan
In Bob We Trust

For the second time on this road trip Staubitz failed in trying to stand up for his teammate. Someone takes a run at your captain you better answer the bell but what you don't do is take a stupid penalty. He were in total control until that penalty and next thing you know it's tied. He's not even effective at the one stupid thing he's supposed to do. And he doesn't win his fights either. Matt Belesky has been much more effective at defending his teammates and he can play valuable minutes too. Staubitz is a total waste of roster spot and I can't believe he have him for next year too. Ugh!

Old
02-13-2013, 01:41 PM
bumperkisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJoeMan View Post
For the second time on this road trip Staubitz failed in trying to stand up for his teammate. Someone takes a run at your captain you better answer the bell but what you don't do is take a stupid penalty. He were in total control until that penalty and next thing you know it's tied. He's not even effective at the one stupid thing he's supposed to do. And he doesn't win his fights either. Matt Belesky has been much more effective at defending his teammates and he can play valuable minutes too. Staubitz is a total waste of roster spot and I can't believe he have him for next year too. Ugh!
i donno. i was happy he dropped the mitts. guess thats just me

bumperkisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 02:11 PM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumperkisser View Post
Not just you. He did the right thing. Sometimes you get shafted with the penalties and sometimes you don't. Let's not lose sight of the fact that he did his job, stood up for a teammate, and we won the game. It was the best of all worlds.

Spicy Porkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 03:23 PM
pesko

Meh.. it was a clean hit and we were ahead and had the momentum. It wasn't anything that mandated an instant retribution and the instigator penalty changed the tide and put the hawks back on the game.

pesko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 05:17 PM
TheJoeMan
In Bob We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumperkisser View Post
Dropping the gloves was what he was supposed to do but he had to challenge the guy first. It's not like Bickel wouldn't have reciprocated, he did fight him. Just don't take a penalty in the process. All Staubitz has done is hurt this team.

Old
02-13-2013, 05:34 PM
Eddie Shack
Bamboo Harvester

Quote:
Dropping the gloves was what he was supposed to do but he had to challenge the guy first. It's not like Bickel wouldn't have reciprocated, he did fight him. Just don't take a penalty in the process. All Staubitz has done is hurt this team.
I think they are starting to hand out instigator penalties on fights after big hits even if both are willing to fight.

Eddie Shack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 05:38 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
I think they are starting to hand out instigator penalties on fights after big hits even if both are willing to fight.
As they should. If it's a clean hit, then there's no reason to drop the gloves.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 02:47 AM
Dirk316

Quote:
I think youve spent too much time browsing the prospects board or the Red Wings forum

Dirk316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 09:41 AM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

That was a pretty iffy call giving him the instigator cause Bickel dropped his gloves immediately. He shoulda challenged him more first but it wasn't bad and I was happy to see it. There's a reason he was acknowledged by everyone on the bench right after. It sent a message to the team and the hawks. Parros isn't here cause he didn't do that. I personally liked it.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 12:12 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

When I read the article on the OCR today regarding teams allegedly looking for an identity, I thought there were some perfect comments in there from Getzlaf and Boudreau that had a quite a bit of a connection to some of the points in the thread. If you're doing a good job playing hockey, you don't look for an identity. It's something that will be given to you. If you try to build around an identity that you just feel is right, you're bound to fail. A part of the current Ducks failing so little is not worrying about any past or current identity, and playing hockey as well as they can as a team. That's a much better identity that whatever frame they could force themselves into.

Vipers31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 12:44 PM
DuckJet
I love Monabae

vCash: 69
Boy this may be one of the lamest threads we've ever conjured.

Reading through it is just a pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
When I read the article on the OCR today regarding teams allegedly looking for an identity, I thought there were some perfect comments in there from Getzlaf and Boudreau that had a quite a bit of a connection to some of the points in the thread. If you're doing a good job playing hockey, you don't look for an identity. It's something that will be given to you. If you try to build around an identity that you just feel is right, you're bound to fail. A part of the current Ducks failing so little is not worrying about any past or current identity, and playing hockey as well as they can as a team. That's a much better identity that whatever frame they could force themselves into.
Never say die is our identity at the moment I think.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:19 PM
TheJoeMan
In Bob We Trust

Quote:
I think youve spent too much time browsing the prospects board or the Red Wings forum
What a well thought out and articulate rebuttal. You must have killed it when you were the debate team captain.

Seriously though, a player that stands up for his teammates and drops the gloves is a totally necessary and effective asset to a team when they actually do that job properly (i.e. George Parros). But Staubutz doesn't do that. He loses his fights, costs us power plays and hasn't deterred the opposition from taking runs at our star players. Basically no one is afraid of him. It doesn't help us that he averages more penalty minutes per game than ice-time or that he's spent more time the locker room in two of his last three games than he did on the bench. There's toughness and then there's stupidity. He provides plenty of the latter and little of the former.

Old
02-14-2013, 01:37 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Actually, I honestly don't remember anyone running any forwards after Staubitz stepped in there. Faith wasn't run all that particularly hard, before anyone brings that up (and spare me the all goalie hits are dangerous lecture, all I'm saying is he wasn't drilled).

The big hits seemed to be coming from the Ducks the remainder of the game.

Ducks DVM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 02:05 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
I think you spend too much time accusing others of being Red Wing fans when they disagree with you.

Old
02-14-2013, 02:18 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

If Ottawa's season goes south, does anyone think there's a realistic chance of getting Chris Neil out of them? Pipe dream with him being locked up forever but he's the type of player the team could actually benefit from. I don't know if he'd be capable of taking a top 6 role though, and I wouldn't want to move Winnik of the 3rd.

In retrospect, there's probably no place for him. But he's the right kind of mean.

Ducks DVM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 02:32 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
If Ottawa's season goes south, does anyone think there's a realistic chance of getting Chris Neil out of them? Pipe dream with him being locked up forever but he's the type of player the team could actually benefit from. I don't know if he'd be capable of taking a top 6 role though, and I wouldn't want to move Winnik of the 3rd.

In retrospect, there's probably no place for him. But he's the right kind of mean.
Probably not, but I'd sure love to see Murray try to get him.

Old
02-14-2013, 05:50 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
What a well thought out and articulate rebuttal. You must have killed it when you were the debate team captain.

Seriously though, a player that stands up for his teammates and drops the gloves is a totally necessary and effective asset to a team when they actually do that job properly (i.e. George Parros). But Staubutz doesn't do that. He loses his fights, costs us power plays and hasn't deterred the opposition from taking runs at our star players. Basically no one is afraid of him. It doesn't help us that he averages more penalty minutes per game than ice-time or that he's spent more time the locker room in two of his last three games than he did on the bench. There's toughness and then there's stupidity. He provides plenty of the latter and little of the former.
Parros was terrible at that for the past 2-3 seasons. When may and brown left, Parros became nicer. He fought, but he didn't enforce. What Staubitz did last game was more enforcing than I saw Parros do in years. Parros would yap at someone who took a run at one of our players. Then he'd fight the enforcer and it wasn't uncommon for them to run our players again. Parros didn't have the mean streak in his game to just jump someone or take a dirty shot back. In no way do I think Parros kept others from doing that to our guys. Not his last few years anyway. I will take Staubitz over him any day. Someone like Neil would be perfect though.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote