HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Predict This Year's Ugly Arbitration Cases

Old
07-08-2006, 04:41 PM
IdiotsPickedMyName*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro View Post

Either he changes his mind and signs a long deal, or we'll see him on the UFA market next summer, where he would be THE most sought-after guy, no question.
I thought he was a heartless, gutless euro cheapshoting primadona. But then of course everyone changes their mind once you're actually able to sign the guy.

Just like all the people (leaf fans) who made fun of Chara for years when he was on Ottawa, but as soon as he hit UFA they cream their pants for him.

IdiotsPickedMyName* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 04:43 PM
Spetzky

Send a message via MSN to Spetzky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakic's-A-Legend View Post
Brett Mclean!

Brett is signed i believe.

Spetzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 04:45 PM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oljase View Post
They are in deep, aren't they.
Maybe, maybe not.

I believe they had 6 or 8 players opt for arbitration prior to the lockout and only Briere and Biron actually went through with the hearing.

I wouldn't be surprised if quite a few of the Sabres got deals done prior to their hearing this time around.

WhoIsJimBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 04:51 PM
Clownpipe*
Whitney Smash!

Jarret Stoll...just a feeling I get.

Clownpipe* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 04:53 PM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spetzky View Post
Brett [Mclean] is signed i believe.
Last we heard at the Avs board, he'd filed for arbitration. Do you have new information?

Bubba Thudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 04:55 PM
Gwyddbwyll

If Comrie's and Nagy's cases make it to arbitration (Barnett is pretty good at signing people), it'll probably get ugly. Comrie has the bad track record and Nagy simply hasnt fulfilled enough of his potential yet to be paid a lot more.

The Danny Markov trade showed the Coyotes get shot of players with contract trouble PDQ.

Gwyddbwyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 05:00 PM
tmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by aHab View Post
Michael Ryder vs. Montreal

The last contract negotiations dragged on quite some time for some reason. Ryder was last (at least one of the last) players to get signed.

This time I think Canadiens offered Ryder something like $1 million per season type of deal. At the same time they threw Ribeiro a big raise.

While Ribeiros performance was worse then in previous season in every area, Ryder managed to score more goals (30) then during his great rookie season and was a lot better in playoffs (6 games 2+3).

I think this has potential to get ugly real fast...
we offered ryder 2million he wants 2.5 his agent was in the paper saying theres a good chance it would get resolved before they get to arbitration, both sides agreed to let an outsider settle it if they can't get a deal done, i don't see how it could get ugly or why you think we would offer him only 1 million

tmc is offline   Reply With Quote