HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

[PIT/WPG] Eric Tangradi for a 7th round pick in 2013

Old
02-13-2013, 05:25 PM
Flat Stanley

vCash: 500
Come on, cut as Pens fans some slack, we didn't act like he was the next best thing, we just thought a 23 year old, former 2nd round power forward held SOME value, so we were wrong and got a 7th, big deal. We're not the only fans that overrate our prospects.

Flat Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 05:25 PM
EpochLink
Canucks and Jets fan

I remember the deal with him around here, too bad it didn't work for Pittsburgh

Hope he does better with the Jets

EpochLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 05:27 PM
billybudd
5 Mike Rupps

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...859&page=6#132
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...859&page=7#154

You were saying?

I will be fair though. Most Pens fans were much more realistic about his value.
I clicked on one of those and the first post was someone named OC Pens saying "Tangradi has no value."

billybudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 05:27 PM
Dangles78

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dangley One View Post
Pens fans looking bad
Just stop.

Not every Pens fans claimed him as the next great power forward or even a blue chip prospect

A lot of posters on this forum are horrible with generalizations. It is quite annoying and not fair.

EDIT: And posts like yours do nothing to contribute to this thread. Let's discuss the TRADE and keep the Pens fans bashing out of it. It's not too difficult to have one legitimate thread, is it?

Dangles78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 05:30 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybudd View Post
I clicked on one of those and the first post was someone named OC Pens saying "Tangradi has no value."
P.S. read the rest of my post.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 05:33 PM
umwoz

It's bottom 6 depth until he proves otherwise. A guy to play across from Ponikarovsky on the 3rd line.

umwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 05:34 PM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangles78 View Post
Just stop.

Not every Pens fans claimed him as the next great power forward or even a blue chip prospect

A lot of posters on this forum are horrible with generalizations. It is quite annoying and not fair.

EDIT: And posts like yours do nothing to contribute to this thread. Let's discuss the TRADE and keep the Pens fans bashing out of it. It's not too difficult to have one legitimate thread, is it?
it's not too difficult for people who know how to respond to a topic. i guess this is the wrong place to find those people.

i'm not sure i can find one Pens fan on this site who thinks the Pens could have gotten way more for him. a 7th is really all he's worth, despite his apparent lack of time. he had PLENTY of chances to prove he had value in the lineup and he blew them.

domaug* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 05:37 PM
BeaverSports

An absolute steal for the Jets in my opinion. I really was hoping Dallas would get him in the return for Neal a few years back. In the right situation, I think he could be a productive piece.

BeaverSports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 05:38 PM
Jeremyisgood

Quote:
I skimmed the first link, and couldn't find anyone suggesting Tangradi was "blue chip". Just that he could be part of a package for something. Which he probably could have been. Everyone understands(Pens fans, too) that he didn't have huge value. A few years ago, we were excited. But not lately.

Jeremyisgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 05:38 PM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
Caputi 2.0.
Immediately thought of him myself. Might not be far off now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beukeboom Fan View Post
Just seems like the Pens would have been the absolute BEST spot for ET. If he can't contribute on that team as a 3rd wheel on a scoring line, or as a good lunchpail type with the bottom 6 forwards they've got - not sure what chance he's got somewhere else.

Just from my perspective - the Pens have a HUGE need for his type of player. Their very smart GM & good coach both would have LOVED to have him be an effective player. He's been around for the better part of a couple of years, and he didn't show those guys enough to keep him around. In fact, he showed them so little that the team was willing to trade him for a lottery ticket that has about a 5% of turning into an NHL player. And while smart people make mistakes too, I think that if Shero felt like posters did here - he wouldn't have dealt him for a 7th rounder. Which means us non-Pen's poster have either a fanboy opinion vs. that of a paid professional. This deal is Shero basically stating that he doesn't think ET's ever going to be a legit NHL'er. I don't know what, beyond some apparently undeserved hype from 2-3 years ago would lead anyone else to think otherwise.
I agree with everything you've said, but that's just me. I think for the Penguins to trade him for a seventh they saw that he wasn't going to cut it and wanted to get rid of him and move forward. Shero and the rest of the staff isn't stupid and they see a lot more than we ever will. It's awful strange they'd move him for next to nothing if they thought he could still be something.

I thought Tangradi was a decent prospect when he was traded the first time but year after year I've felt less and less highly of him to the point where I'm surprised the Pens kept him for that long. IMO, he isn't a fit for the bottom-six and he's shown nothing in the top-six (or the bottom-six for that matter anyway) that he can give something to a team. It's a zero risk trade for the Jets and I commend them for giving it a shot because they have nothing to lose, but I have extreme doubts he'll ever make it as an NHL player. Wouldn't be surprised to eventually see him hit waivers next season and slowly get to the point where Caputi is now: on an AHL contract IIRC. Tangradi's chances are slim, just my opinion. He might be a late bloomer but by this age and after getting time in the NHL and a lot more in the AHL, he's not shown me nearly enough to convince me that he'll be anything in this league.

It's a whatever trade by both teams. Like I said, Pens were fine to take a seventh-round pick for him, so that should go to show what those who know him best think of him. Jets give up nothing to get him and take a chance that he makes something of himself. Neither team can really lose this deal.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 05:40 PM
Extra Texture
Slurpy in the house

Hopefully he turns it around with the Jets.

Shame that he is not headed out as part of a package for a winger, but I am starting to think that deal isnt going to happen this year at all.

Last edited by Extra Texture: 02-13-2013 at 06:33 PM.
Extra Texture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 05:43 PM
Halifaxhab*

Its moves like this that I hope many posters look at before they flame others. Many times posters over value their own and love to troll/undervalue otger teams assets

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 05:45 PM
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beukeboom Fan View Post
You mean the same team that is desperately looking for an effective "3rd wheel" on a line with either Malkin/Neal or Crosby/Kunitz? The same team that just took a shot on a guy they picked up on waivers who couldn't crack a thin Canes line-up over the last couple of years?

PITT would have LOVED for Tangredi to develop, but he just didn't. To say he hasn't a chance over the last couple of years is just ludicrious. He's had a ton of opportunity, but he never showed he was capable of stepping up and being a positive contributor.

I'm not ripping on either Canes or Pens. Sometime (often times) prospects just can't adapt to the speed and size of the NHL. There's no shame in that, but I just don't agree with the thought that he didn't get a chance in PITT.
He never once had an extended period of time with either Crosby or Malkin. He'd get a few shifts, then go back to the 4th line. This year was slightly better than the previous ones, but he never played with Crosby this year. Was either with Malkin and Neal or on the 4th line. He averaged 8 minutes this year, and only 3 times this year or last year did he see more than 11 minutes of icetime in a game. I'm sorry, but when you're trying to develop a player, this isn't the way to do it.

Basically Bylsma can't develop players, as he never gives them a shot, and will sit them if they screw up. Look at Strait for a perfect example. The same thing was happening with Tangradi and is happening with Jeffrey.

So while Tangradi might not have the tools to become a solid NHL player, neither did we set him up for success.

"Itís not as if Donald Fehr was lying to us, several players said. Rather, itís as if he has been economical with information, these players believe, not sharing facts these players consider to be vital."
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 05:47 PM
billybudd
5 Mike Rupps

Quote:
I read your post. Thesis was Pens fans claimed he was a blue chipper except for a few. The posts in your links do not evidence this thesis.

billybudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 05:49 PM
bumperkisser

i would've liked the ducks to have him back. we need a LW'er.. wouldn't hurt to try him out with getzlaf and perry

bumperkisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 05:52 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1341321

did anyone guess a 7th?

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Extra Texture
Slurpy in the house

Quote:
A prelude to what? A trade for another winger?
At this point, every team is still in the playoff hunt. I dont see how this much talked about trade is going to happen anytime before right at the deadline.

Maybe that played into this trade. By April, Tangradi might have even less value, and might just be another 2 months wasted in his development.

Old
cheesesteak

I like this move for Winnipeg. I can root for Tangradi to have NHL success now that he's out of Pittsburgh.

cheesesteak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 05:57 PM
Extra Texture
Slurpy in the house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
Its moves like this that I hope many posters look at before they flame others. Many times posters over value their own and love to troll/undervalue otger teams assets
HF's trade board in a nutshell right there. Doubly so in this case, considering there have been a million proposal threads put out involving this guy the last 2 years.

How many trade proposal threads actually have someone saying that a proposal represents a fair deal? 10%? 15%?

Old
02-13-2013, 06:00 PM
Fire Shero*

I have no reason why fellow Pens fans loved this guy so much. He screened a goalie ONE time in the playoffs against the Lightning 2 years ago and ever since then the guy was praised for causing havoc in front of opposing goalies. He did it once.

When we first acquired him, he was the next Kevin Stevens. After people saw him actually play, he was then considered to be the next Ryan Malone. Now maybe the next Angelo Espisito?

So many excuses were made for this bum. I was begging Shero to trade him before this season when he lost all trade value.

Watch Beau Bennett fail next.

Last edited by piqued: 02-13-2013 at 07:34 PM. Reason: generalizing fanbase
Fire Shero* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 06:01 PM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extra Texture View Post
HF's trade board in a nutshell right there. Doubly so in this case, considering there have been a million proposal threads put out involving this guy the last 2 years.

How many trade proposal threads actually have someone saying that a proposal represents a fair deal? 10%? 15%?
Actually this board has the same success rate as that horrible rumour site that "buzzes"

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 06:01 PM
Sh00terMcGavin
This is My Swamp

LOL yikes.
Maybe Shero making space for a big time trade

Sh00terMcGavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 06:03 PM
State of Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
8.5B on HF's immediately after trade from Ducks. lolol.
I remember that. So overhyped. All the way down to a 7th-rounder, so practically worthless.

State of Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 06:07 PM
Crede777
Deputized

What's the difference between a 6th and a 7th?

Wouldn't a 6th rounder have been worth it to outbid Winnipeg and get Tangradi? Even if he turns out to be just a career AHL'er. Was it a situation where he would have been exposed to waivers and the Jets were simply ensuring they would get him?

Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 06:15 PM
Frankie Spankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
He still has a chance to become a solid player but he needs to play regularly in the NHL and he hasn't had that chance in Pittsburgh.
Yeah, he must have gotten beat by all those great wingers Pittsburgh has.

Frankie Spankie is offline   Reply With Quote