Old
02-13-2013, 07:26 AM
BrainOfJ
\_(ツ)_/

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Exactly.

Nixon should have hired the Bruins F.O. if he wanted to prevent leaks.
Yup. Classic example

KABERLE KABERLE KABERLE KABERLEbruinsacquirerichpeverleyandborisvalibikKAB ERLE KABERLE KABERLE

Old
02-13-2013, 11:06 AM
Fire Sweeney

Pandy clears waivers. MN puts Matt Kassian on waivers.

Old
02-13-2013, 11:08 AM
kman22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caballo Blanco View Post
They waited us out. Damn

Old
02-13-2013, 11:10 AM
Shaun

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun
For Boston fans who keep asking me, I do not believe the B's have any interest in Jarome Iginla. I don't think they'll go there.

Old
02-13-2013, 11:13 AM
4ORRBRUIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun
For Boston fans who keep asking me, I do not believe the B's have any interest in Jarome Iginla. I don't think they'll go there.
Based on what it would take to get him ... GOOD!

Old
02-13-2013, 11:55 AM
Shoebottom
Bruin exiting lair

Quote:
Please please pick up Kassian. Dump someone if you need to make the 50 contract limit, but please pick him up.

Old
02-13-2013, 12:02 PM
KCBRUIN
Tuukka Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoebottom View Post
Please please pick up Kassian. Dump someone if you need to make the 50 contract limit, but please pick him up.
Are you thinking of Zack Kassian?

Old
02-13-2013, 12:18 PM
mashmont

Quote:
Originally Posted by HortonHearsAWoo View Post
He's not "looking" for anything? ...Seriously? Not even looking?

What GM is not constantly looking to improve his team any way he can?

Chia is one of those GM's that is so frustrating i feel like. He's so good at his job, however i feel like he never takes any chances which has worked for him. He's just boring from the standpoint that everyone wants that shiny new car.

Old
02-13-2013, 12:21 PM
Bmessy

Looking at a five year window: Will this team get much better? Taking into account forward depth, defensive depth, goaltending, and salary cap space, I think our time to make another dead-serious cup run is right now. Our prospect depth is pretty good, nothing great, but we do not need to rely on many prospects for a few years. I say we can absolutely afford to use a 1st round pick, second round picks, or combination to get a top 6 scorer rental. Being such a short season, I think that if they were to make a trade a little after halfway through the year they could shake things up and make sure the league knows that Boston is the team to beat. Haven't looked at any potential targets, but all things considered a high-end rental could put this team over the top.

Old
02-13-2013, 01:13 PM
BostonBob
4 Ever The Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupahSeguin View Post
Chia is one of those GM's that is so frustrating i feel like. He's so good at his job, however i feel like he never takes any chances which has worked for him. He's just boring from the standpoint that everyone wants that shiny new car.
Chiarelli " never takes any chances which has worked for him " - seriously ???? What about the Horton deal - that worked out pretty good for the Bruins. What about the Kaberle deal - it wasn't a total steal but I don't think Boston wins the Cup without him. And what about the Kessel trade - if Toronto finished near the top of the standings and Boston ended up with the 22nd pick in 2010 and the 23rd pick in 2011 then I highly doubt we would hear any " Thank You Kessel " chants when Toronto comes to town. Would you rather have a GM like Brian Burke who constantly goes for the big flashy moves - how's that working out for him these days ???? As for that " shiny new car " that everybody wants - I like the way this model looks:

Old
02-13-2013, 01:28 PM
JoeIsAStud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmessy View Post
Looking at a five year window: Will this team get much better? Taking into account forward depth, defensive depth, goaltending, and salary cap space, I think our time to make another dead-serious cup run is right now. Our prospect depth is pretty good, nothing great, but we do not need to rely on many prospects for a few years. I say we can absolutely afford to use a 1st round pick, second round picks, or combination to get a top 6 scorer rental. Being such a short season, I think that if they were to make a trade a little after halfway through the year they could shake things up and make sure the league knows that Boston is the team to beat. Haven't looked at any potential targets, but all things considered a high-end rental could put this team over the top.
Of course history has shown that high end rentals don't necessarily mean cups. They often change chemistry and not work out for the new team. Especially where anything less than a cup is a failure at that point.

I think the Bruins will add something, but I suspect it will be more depth than a high profile guy, but who knows.

In terms of a deal, I suspect if they make a somewhat big one it will be one of Koko or Spooner who is dealt. There is just some duplication with those 2 as prospects.

Old
02-13-2013, 01:40 PM
Shoebottom
Bruin exiting lair

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCBRUIN View Post
Are you thinking of Zack Kassian?
Nope. Matt.

Old
02-13-2013, 01:59 PM
Shaun

Maybe it's just me but I think Corey Perry is extremely overrated.

Old
02-13-2013, 02:01 PM
WestCoastBruinsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBob View Post
Chiarelli " never takes any chances which has worked for him " - seriously ???? What about the Horton deal - that worked out pretty good for the Bruins. What about the Kaberle deal - it wasn't a total steal but I don't think Boston wins the Cup without him. And what about the Kessel trade - if Toronto finished near the top of the standings and Boston ended up with the 22nd pick in 2010 and the 23rd pick in 2011 then I highly doubt we would hear any " Thank You Kessel " chants when Toronto comes to town. Would you rather have a GM like Brian Burke who constantly goes for the big flashy moves - how's that working out for him these days ???? As for that " shiny new car " that everybody wants - I like the way this model looks:

I wouldn't really consider Wideman and a first for Horton and Campbell taking a chance. The Kessel trade as we seem to have learned was forced on Chia by Burke with the threat of an offer sheet. Having said that, I did consider the Kessel trade a huge gamble. Other than that, I do think many of Chia's moves are on the safe side but with a team concept like he wants to institute, you probably will not see any wholesale or risky moves.

Old
02-13-2013, 04:08 PM
Quaider*

I would scoop Kassian up in a heartbeat. Then we could move Paille to 3rd line LW where he belongs while having a fourth line of Campbell centering Thornton and Kassian. This would mean Thornton could fight the Ashams of the league while Kassian can fight the Scotts, Orrs, etc. Seems like a good move to me.

Old
02-13-2013, 04:11 PM
Kaoz*

Tangradi to Jets for a 7th

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=415915

Boy has he fallen.

Old
02-13-2013, 04:17 PM
BrainOfJ
\_(ツ)_/

Quote:
He's not a guy that ends up on highlight reels, but theres no one better(maybe parise) around the net.

Old
02-13-2013, 04:18 PM
BostonBob
4 Ever The Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brushhawg View Post
I would scoop Kassian up in a heartbeat. Then we could move Paille to 3rd line LW where he belongs while having a fourth line of Campbell centering Thornton and Kassian. This would mean Thornton could fight the Ashams of the league while Kassian can fight the Scotts, Orrs, etc. Seems like a good move to me.
Why would you want to tinker with the NHL's best 4th line ????

Old
02-13-2013, 04:35 PM
C77

Anyone else feel that for the good teams in the NHL the regular season is pretty much just like a test drive?

Home ice advantage doesn't mean anything in hockey....and the road team wins Game 7 more than the home team does. The "upsets" happen so often that the outcome of the series is more like a toss up. Last year it was a #8 seed vs. a #6 seed for the Final.

So basically all that matters is to finish in the Top 8 and roll the dice.

Old
02-13-2013, 04:40 PM
sjaustin77

Quote:
I agree. He will get paid like he is always a 50 goal, 98 point player when that is a clear outlier. 22 Pts higher than his 2nd best season. Followed it up with a 60 Pt season and a very slow start this year.

I don't see how he takes less than Parise money since he can only get 8 years at most. I wouldn't want to pay him that for end of prime/past his prime years. I certainly wouldn't give up assets mid season for either a rental or to pay him that money.

Assuming his slow start this year is also an outlier on the downside; he is still one of the best players in the league though. ~30 G, 70 Pts every year puts him as a top 20 forward.

Old
02-13-2013, 04:46 PM
PJ StockBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brushhawg View Post
i think Paille is our best option right now on the third line. even though we lost the game he played on that line i think it was the third lines best game. i would never replace Paille with Kassian on that line though. Kassian is intriguing and if we ever got that guy it would have to be as the 13th forward. he simply isn't good enough to play as the 12th forward on a team that contends for the cup, especially considering how much Julien uses his fourth line.

colorado is a team that is falling fast due to injuries and they will most definitely be sellers. one guy i absolutely love on that team and think would be a great fit for the third line LW spot is Jamie McGinn. he is fast, young, kills penalties, has solid size and uses it, and has skill. he is off to a slow start but he potted 20 goals last year and is set to make only 1.75 million next season. I think this kid was born to be a Bruin and i'd love to see him here. he isn't flashy and it wouldn't be a big move but he is the type of guy i could see PC grabbing. i think he would really add something to our third line

Old
02-13-2013, 07:20 PM
Fire Sweeney

NJD trade 2013 7th round pick and 2014 4th round pick to WPG for Ponikarovsky.

Old
02-13-2013, 07:21 PM
LouJersey

vCash: 1000
Quote:
NJD trade 2013 7th round pick and 2014 4th round pick to WPG for Ponikarovsky.
They liked him alot last year...Didn't understand why they didn't re sign him.

Old
02-13-2013, 07:22 PM
LouJersey

vCash: 1000
At what time tomorrow do we confirm that Matt Kassian is a Canadien?

Old
02-13-2013, 07:25 PM
Fire Sweeney

Quote:
Originally Posted by whambamcam8 View Post
at what time tomorrow do we confirm that matt kassian is a canadien?
12:03

Closed Thread