HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official "I Hate Tyler Kennedy" Thread

Old
02-13-2013, 12:27 PM
SidsBackhand

vCash: 500
The Official "I Hate Tyler Kennedy" Thread

I realize I'm going to step on some toes here, believe me.

Let's be honest, it's great fun to yell "KENNEDY" in the Mr. Kennedy voice. Very catchy. I know he's had some moments in the past where he's come up big for the Pens. Some could say he's been one of the second tier fan-favorites over the past few years.

The problem is, the only time I hear myself yell "KENNEDY" anymore is when I'm pissed off and there's usually an expletive in front of it.

Every time TK gains the puck in the offensive zone with a little room, which Kennedy thinks is the red sea parting apparently, he gets down into that old familiar pose that makes me cringe.

He gets unreasonably low to the ice, stick blade flat on top of the puck, stops skating and glides in one direction slowly towards the goalie and probably on average two defensemen. And it is IN THAT MOMENT, as a Penguins fan, you know your team is screwed.

That's his only move. That's it.

The guy can't pass. When he occasionally tries it's a horrible turnover.

And I'm sorry, but that's a total 4th line move. I'd take Tangradi over him at this point. Actually no, dear God no. But the fact that I thought about it should tell you all you need to know.

Tyler, you have not evolved your game and defenses can read you like a book. And we're not giving defenses any credit, because you're as predictable as a gas station burrito. We all just know you're going to be bad, but we have to settle for you anyway because that's all we have.

I hate you for costing this team opportunities, but it's not just that. The arrogance you have in the offensive zone makes me throw up a little bit.

Gliding into impossible space with the swagger of Gunner Stahl. And like the Mighty Ducks we've seen this movie enough times to know what happens. We know you go glove side at the end and lose the game. Guess what? Every goaltender knows that too.

Quit fooling yourself and be a team player. If you can't, then send yourself down to the 4th line so we don't have to suffer through another one of your terrible snapshots. Actually, do that either way. Tap Jeffrey in as your replacement. He can do this thing called "being a team player". Every heard of it?

So hang out with Tangradi, it's right where you belong. But I will say this about Tangradi that I can't say about you: At least he tries to be a team player, he just can't because he sucks so bad.

SidsBackhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:35 PM
Zatch88
Im stumbling spheres

tyler kennedy is not good this year, but he's not the source of all the team's problems.

Zatch88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:42 PM
SidsBackhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatch88 View Post
tyler kennedy is not good this year, but he's not the source of all the team's problems.
True, he's one of many. He does severely hinder 3rd line production though, this can cost you games.

Old
02-13-2013, 12:45 PM
Fire Shero*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidsBackhand View Post
I realize I'm going to step on some toes here, believe me.

Let's be honest, it's great fun to yell "KENNEDY" in the Mr. Kennedy voice. Very catchy. I know he's had some moments in the past where he's come up big for the Pens. Some could say he's been one of the second tier fan-favorites over the past few years.

The problem is, the only time I hear myself yell "KENNEDY" anymore is when I'm pissed off and there's usually an expletive in front of it.

Every time TK gains the puck in the offensive zone with a little room, which Kennedy thinks is the red sea parting apparently, he gets down into that old familiar pose that makes me cringe.

He gets unreasonably low to the ice, stick blade flat on top of the puck, stops skating and glides in one direction slowly towards the goalie and probably on average two defensemen. And it is IN THAT MOMENT, as a Penguins fan, you know your team is screwed.

That's his only move. That's it.

The guy can't pass. When he occasionally tries it's a horrible turnover.

And I'm sorry, but that's a total 4th line move. I'd take Tangradi over him at this point. Actually no, dear God no. But the fact that I thought about it should tell you all you need to know.

Tyler, you have not evolved your game and defenses can read you like a book. And we're not giving defenses any credit, because you're as predictable as a gas station burrito. We all just know you're going to be bad, but we have to settle for you anyway because that's all we have.

I hate you for costing this team opportunities, but it's not just that. The arrogance you have in the offensive zone makes me throw up a little bit.

Gliding into impossible space with the swagger of Gunner Stahl. And like the Mighty Ducks we've seen this movie enough times to know what happens. We know you go glove side at the end and lose the game. Guess what? Every goaltender knows that too.

Quit fooling yourself and be a team player. If you can't, then send yourself down to the 4th line so we don't have to suffer through another one of your terrible snapshots. Actually, do that either way. Tap Jeffrey in as your replacement. He can do this thing called "being a team player". Every heard of it?

So hang out with Tangradi, it's right where you belong. But I will say this about Tangradi that I can't say about you: At least he tries to be a team player, he just can't because he sucks so bad.
Beautiful. I couldn't agree anymore. Nicely put. 5 star post. I can't stand that manbearpig anymore. Shero needs to drive him to a pig farm to release him back to nature.

Fire Shero* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:51 PM
No Quarter

I think he brings zilch to the table.

No Quarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:58 PM
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

We want him to be what he is not, not really his fault. At best he is a 3rd liner, he doesn't belong in the top 6. Anyways he is an RFA this summer, we will see what Shero does this time around

Le Magnifique 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:59 PM
DockEllisExperience

He's drilling the mattress world girl, so at least he has that going for him...

DockEllisExperience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 01:08 PM
wgknestrick

TK is a good value player who is having trouble producing in a weird season. He lost his usual center and has been trying to play a different game where he isn't getting the puck to the net. I don't get why people think SOG are a bad play for a 3rd line who is trying to move possession down to the offensive zone. He is historically much better than he has shown this year. His SOG / G has dropped by 1 shot / game. That is not good.

IMO, he needs to get back to his usual game of throwing the puck on net and get Sutter and Cooke used to being there to knock in a rebound or for a deflection. He is still a very talented skater and puck handler. He certainly isn't our worst forward out there. Adams, Glass, and Vitale make sure of that. Give the guy some slack, he's deserved it and makes almost nothing vs his (historical) production. He may be injured.

wgknestrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 01:22 PM
SidsBackhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgknestrick View Post
TK is a good value player who is having trouble producing in a weird season. He lost his usual center and has been trying to play a different game where he isn't getting the puck to the net. I don't get why people think SOG are a bad play for a 3rd line who is trying to move possession down to the offensive zone. He is historically much better than he has shown this year. His SOG / G has dropped by 1 shot / game. That is not good.

IMO, he needs to get back to his usual game of throwing the puck on net and get Sutter and Cooke used to being there to knock in a rebound or for a deflection. He is still a very talented skater and puck handler. He certainly isn't our worst forward out there. Adams, Glass, and Vitale make sure of that. Give the guy some slack, he's deserved it and makes almost nothing vs his (historical) production. He may be injured.
I'll give you Glass and Adams. He's definitely not clear cut better than Vitale.

Old
02-13-2013, 01:27 PM
specialized

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidsBackhand View Post
I'll give you Glass and Adams. He's definitely not clear cut better than Vitale.
Adams gets 675k per year and plays on the pk,very good for the value.
Kennedy gets 2 million per year gets some pp2 time , not good for value.

specialized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 01:47 PM
mpp9

I'd have Vitale anywhere in the lineup over TK.

mpp9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 01:49 PM
Silas Robertson
Hey, all in. Jack.

Glass is a hell of a lot more useful than Tyler Kennedy. If you're going to be offensively inept, at least be able to kill penalties, bring toughness, backcheck, make game-impacting hits... Something. All Kennedy can do well is forecheck. And he's not even great at that.

I hope he's gone this offseason.

Silas Robertson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 01:53 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

vCash: 1271
But but if he goes...who'se marksman-esque chest snipes will we watch?

MetalheadPenguinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 02:12 PM
No Chance of Fluerys
Les Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalheadPenguinsFan View Post
If only every goalie had a hole in the center of their chest, TK would be the all time greatest goal scorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Clavin View Post
Glass is a hell of a lot more useful than Tyler Kennedy. If you're going to be offensively inept, at least be able to kill penalties, bring toughness, backcheck, make game-impacting hits... Something. All Kennedy can do well is forecheck. And he's not even great at that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
I'd have Vitale anywhere in the lineup over TK.
++ to both of these. Vitale is tough, gritty, and actually makes the D back up a little when he bursts through the zone, if he isn't behind them already. And Tanner Glass is exactly what this team needed to cover what we lost in asham. Although I do miss Ashams touch of god slap shot..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DockEllisExperience View Post
Is that for true? Because if so.. Kudos to him making it acceptable for hot girls to have sex with manbearpigs!

No Chance of Fluerys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 03:01 PM
DockEllisExperience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen87 View Post
Is that for true? Because if so.. Kudos to him making it acceptable for hot girls to have sex with manbearpigs!
It's true, I know people.

DockEllisExperience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 03:46 PM
wgknestrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Clavin View Post

TK .47 pt/g +36
TG .14 pt/g -20

Are you really saying what I think you just said? I've never won a hockey game by just out hitting or "bringing toughness" to the other team. I don't think they've ever used that as a tie breaker to determine who wins a game. Glass is not even in the same league as TK. Compare worthless Adams to Glass all you want. TK does not belong in that conversation. TK can do a lot of other things that DB isn't using him for.

Are we really judging a player after only 13 games who is still adjusting to a new center and has been bounced around with umteen linemates? We should've traded Neal too when he got here with this logic.

wgknestrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 04:24 PM
SomeDude

Everytime I see Jeffrey play a solid game and then get scratched the next night, my hate for Kennedy grows.

SomeDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 04:30 PM
Hans Rutherford
Oh no... my brains

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeDude View Post
Everytime I see Jeffrey play a solid game and then get scratched the next night, my hate for Kennedy grows.
Pretty much this. Kennedy seems to be hustling a bit more the last few games, but it still doesn't hind the fact that he's playing like Hellen Keller out there.

Hans Rutherford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 05:01 PM
Whale Mingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalheadPenguinsFan View Post
Sadly I know this is true, but "chest sniper" did make me laugh a good bit.

Whale Mingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 05:36 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Kennedy is not the worst player ever and the word hate is pretty strong (believe me I've wanted him traded for two years because I see him for what he is but I don't hate the guy)... that said, anyone who thinks he's "good value" at $2M and counting, is out of their freakin' gourd.

That's the LAST thing he is. Money (and his horrid shot selection) is actually the biggest problem. He's not a $2M player but he gets paid as one. Best thing that could happen to this team is move him as salary dump in a trade of bigger assets for the winger we need... make room to sign whoever it is longer term (assuming UFA this year). If Kennedy cost $1M or $1.2M I'd have a lot less problem with his game being what it is.

Darth Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 05:48 PM
PensBandwagonerNo272
the march

TK's always been one of my favorite Pens. Not skilled, not big, but works his ass off all the time and puts up decent points for his value. Him and Cooke are great third line wingers that have been together for years.

I think Shero would have a hard time letting him go in any deal.

PensBandwagonerNo272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 05:54 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Quote:
It's true, I know people.
I don't know about that but I know he's dating that intern from the fan who likes to jump from C list athletes like Palko & Talbot. Can't think of her name.

So we're essentially ignoring the fact he's produced very well on the third line for four or five years because he's had a bad start this year?

eXile59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 06:33 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

I'd sit him for a game and see if it sets a fire under his ass. Jeffrey could produce 1 point in that position for like 1/3 of the cost. TK is damn near useless if he isn't producing. He needs to figure it out or he's going to lose his spot if we add any forwards.

Ogrezilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 06:38 PM
HandshakeLine
is probso trolling u

Quote:

HandshakeLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 10:55 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensBandwagonerNo272 View Post
TK's always been one of my favorite Pens. Not skilled, not big, but works his ass off all the time and puts up decent points for his value. Him and Cooke are great third line wingers that have been together for years.

I think Shero would have a hard time letting him go in any deal.
If true, then I can think of no greater indictment of Shero as a GM.

KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote