HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Disgruntled Goalie Scores On His Own Net, Flips Off Coaches, Skates Off The Ice

Old
02-13-2013, 04:51 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Disgruntled Goalie Scores On His Own Net, Flips Off Coaches, Skates Off The Ice

http://deadspin.com/5983913/?utm_cam...ium=socialflow

Wow! Can't make this kind of stuff up

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 04:59 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

vCash: 500
Yeah, don't know what to say about this.

I think the kid would have shown more character had he won the game, then told the coaches in a private meeting what he thought of them. Way too much "it's all about me" these days.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 04:59 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

"Trade me right effing now!"

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 05:02 PM
Bandit

Kid is a punk.

Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 05:13 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

... as opposed to his teammates, who were decidedly gruntled.

The Butcher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 05:16 PM
bobafettish*

apparently he's going to the army, hopefully that will straighten him out.

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 05:21 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
Kid is a punk.
I wouldn't be so quick to judge the kid. It's Minnesota High School Hockey. There is almost for sure some sort of politics involved and more to the story than has gotten out. I went through the MHSH years ago and even then it was more about who you knew and what your family was willing to do, like having the coaches over for dinner, or transfering to a different school to get playing time. It's even worse now than it was then. There was a story about 3 years ago in city I live in where a kid was legally adopted by an assistant coach at a high school so the kid could transfer schools and avoid sitting out 1 full season after transfering schools within city limits... A rule that was put into effect because a guy I grew up with switched schools twice in 4 years just to play for the better team...

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 05:21 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
apparently he's going to the army, hopefully that will straighten him out.
Maybe, he can blow up his own tank and then flip off the LT. That is, as long as it's okay with the other guys in his platoon.

Old
02-13-2013, 05:27 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Yeah, don't know what to say about this.

I think the kid would have shown more character had he won the game, then told the coaches in a private meeting what he thought of them. Way too much "it's all about me" these days.
I agree but I do think it is funny because I'm on the outside. That is pretty disrespectful to the rest of the players (on both teams). I can guarantee you not EVERY player was cool with that even though he said he asked them beforehand. I'd have to imagine the other goalie on his team at the very least. The coaches showed him disrespect on senior night so he in turn disrespects the rest of the players on the ice with that act.

That seems to be the norm in society these days. People don't seem to know how to deal with tough breaks in life and instead of having respect for his teammates and even the guys on the other side of the ice, he has a tempertantrum like a child. I guess he still is a child so hopefully that will be a moment he reflects back on later in life and is embarrassed. I know we all of them.

I officially feel old now.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 05:28 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Maybe, he can blow up his own tank and then flip off the LT. That is, as long as it's okay with the other guys in his platoon.
Sounds like a certain someone in the news recently.

Old
02-13-2013, 05:33 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
I wouldn't be so quick to judge the kid. It's Minnesota High School Hockey. There is almost for sure some sort of politics involved and more to the story than has gotten out. I went through the MHSH years ago and even then it was more about who you knew and what your family was willing to do, like having the coaches over for dinner, or transfering to a different school to get playing time. It's even worse now than it was then. There was a story about 3 years ago in city I live in where a kid was legally adopted by an assistant coach at a high school so the kid could transfer schools and avoid sitting out 1 full season after transfering schools within city limits... A rule that was put into effect because a guy I grew up with switched schools twice in 4 years just to play for the better team...
I'm sorry but that doesn't matter one bit. That is just an excuse. What you described might not be fair but neither is life. You either sign up and play or you don't. If you commit to something then you should honor your commitment. If you feel you've been wronged, you finish out as best you can and move on. What he did was completely selfish no matter what kind of justification he feels he has.

I still find it humorous but I guarantee you there are plenty of people that were there that don't.

Old
02-13-2013, 05:36 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
Sounds like a certain someone in the news recently.
Yup, and look how many followers that ass clown had cheering him on in the social media, etc.

You feel old? Please no one guess how old I am!!

Old
02-13-2013, 06:42 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Yup, and look how many followers that ass clown had cheering him on in the social media, etc.
This doesn't surprise me, unfortunately.

However, it is a very sad commentary that we as a species still are a long way from being as superior to the other species on the planet as we think we are.

Ron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 06:48 PM
Shellz

That's hilarious

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 07:43 PM
Riposte!

I'm picking up the rights to a new reality show called Scared Straight with Darryl Sutter, where high school clowns like this guy spend 2 weeks playing for Darryl Sutter, reflecting on the poor life choices they've made and coming out the other side as better people (or not).

It will be like Celebrity Rehab, but for hockey fans.

Riposte! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 08:02 PM
damacles1156

All the Kid did was ruin any chance he has of playing Hockey at a higher level.

He will be forever known now as, " O that goalie that quit on his team".

Way to go guy.

It's funny, but you kind of screw yourself by trying to prove a point.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 08:03 PM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

Super childish.

DocWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 09:48 PM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
Kid is a punk.
^^^^^ his parents must be proud.

He may even have a legitimate gripe with his coach, but it doesn't matter 1 bit.

What about his teammates (some I assume are his friends)? He screwed them when he turned into a whiny little ***** when things didn't go his way.

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 11:19 PM
Jetteroheller

I have to admit i definitely loled. Lets hope JB doesn't get a start at a critical point this season and submarine us like this!

Jetteroheller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 11:30 PM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

He got suspended for 10 days. Guy who uploaded the video also got suspended.

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 11:43 PM
KingsKnight
Reclaimed the Crown

Saw this on the main boards and heard the story behind it. I didn't think it was funny at all, just very selfish.

KingsKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 12:06 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
Very much this^.

I just got back from a moth traveling through MN ND and CO following NCAA and HS hockey and unless you have experienced it up close you really haven't any idea of how much HS hockey is like God Jesus and the Devil all rolled into one out there.

I am not saying one thing either way about the kid but I can tell you that the kids there are playing with tons of pressure. I mean it is like Permian and Odessa High School Football in Texas on steroids in front of the pope.

Crazy fun but super intense.

For a kid letting is his freak flag fly and go trolling, he does it big time. I'll give him that much.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 12:26 AM
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
He got suspended for 10 days. Guy who uploaded the video also got suspended.
Why?

I envy Minnesota for having high school hockey. We don't even have college hockey here. It's gonna be a while before there are NHL players that hail from SoCal...that were trained locally. Richard Park was raised in LA but he had to go to Canada to start his hockey career.

Vamos Rafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 03:54 AM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
Why?

I envy Minnesota for having high school hockey. We don't even have college hockey here. It's gonna be a while before there are NHL players that hail from SoCal...that were trained locally. Richard Park was raised in LA but he had to go to Canada to start his hockey career.
No idea about why the guy that got the video was suspended. I'm surprised as hell the kid that flipped off the teacher got suspended for 10 days. I could see 1 or maybe 2, but 10? You get less for fighting another student.

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 07:42 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
No idea about why the guy that got the video was suspended. I'm surprised as hell the kid that flipped off the teacher got suspended for 10 days. I could see 1 or maybe 2, but 10? You get less for fighting another student.
The person uploading the video likely got suspended for taping the game. I know a lot of schools here have a rule in place that you cannot video tape the game, or take pictures unless you recieve permission from the school to do so. With the advent of cell phones with video capability it's very easy to forget that and violate the rule. Since it was a student, it's pretty easy to found out who it was and punish them.

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote