HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lupul - Will Play against Winnipeg (TSN).

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-13-2013, 04:19 PM
  #1
NewFang
Registered User
 
NewFang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,677
vCash: 500
Lupul - Will Play against Winnipeg (TSN).

Quote:
Injured Toronto Maple Leafs forward Joffrey Lupul says he isnt close to resuming skating, putting in jeopardy his initial projected return to action next month.
http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/...ext_month.html


Mod edit - March 11th

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...medium=twitter

Im not sure; its day-to-day right now, Lupul said of when hell play. Im at seven weeks right now so you dont just jump back in the lineup in one day. Everything felt good; well see how it reacts tomorrow.


Last edited by blasted_Sabre: 03-11-2013 at 02:33 PM.
NewFang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 04:22 PM
  #2
Sergei Berezin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posts: 6,060
vCash: 500
I'm not worried about it.

An arm injury isn't too big of a deal. He could probably skate now anyway, but then again, what do I know

Sergei Berezin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 04:24 PM
  #3
jc90
Gonna paint ur wagon
 
jc90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Leafs Nation
Country: Canada
Posts: 566
vCash: 500
For his sake, it sucks being hurt, but for the team, it seems they're rolling on w/o him so far. But then Reimer and Frattin are out now too

jc90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 04:24 PM
  #4
Suntouchable13
Registered User
 
Suntouchable13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Thornhill, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,857
vCash: 500
Why isn't he not close to resuming skating? An honest question because I don't understand how an injured arm can prevent you from skating? Is it because you don't want to risk falling on a broken arm if you slip on the ice somewhere?

Suntouchable13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 04:26 PM
  #5
bshaw
Registered User
 
bshaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,094
vCash: 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntouchable13 View Post
Why isn't he not close to resuming skating? An honest question because I don't understand how an injured arm can prevent you from skating? Is it because you don't want to risk falling on a broken arm if you slip on the ice somewhere?
Ya I don't know maybe its the motion in your arms when you're skating is uncomfortable. Who knows

bshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 04:31 PM
  #6
Brozak
i scoreded a goal
 
Brozak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Kitchener, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,460
vCash: 500
Grrrrr-eat.

Brozak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 04:31 PM
  #7
The Missing Piece
What's Left?
 
The Missing Piece's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 575
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bshaw View Post
Ya I don't know maybe its the motion in your arms when you're skating is uncomfortable. Who knows
It is this. I had this type of injury and you swing your arms hard when you skate and it can be really painful. You get this shooting twinge up your elbow.

The Missing Piece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 04:33 PM
  #8
SprDaVE
Registered User
 
SprDaVE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,249
vCash: 500
As soon as the cast is off he'll start skating probably.

I expect a good 4 weeks before he's in practice mode. Probably expect him in 5 weeks.

SprDaVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 04:36 PM
  #9
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn
 
DirtyDion03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,268
vCash: 166
Mid-March is fine with me. As long as he's back before April.

__________________
http://i57.tinypic.com/28b4abo.jpg
DirtyDion03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 04:38 PM
  #10
Clark4Ever
Registered User
 
Clark4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: T.O.
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,257
vCash: 500
Sigh.

Clark4Ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 04:43 PM
  #11
jimmycarter
Registered User
 
jimmycarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,883
vCash: 500
he can bike it and stay in shape.

jimmycarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 04:49 PM
  #12
threeGo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,506
vCash: 500
frattin, lupul, reimer out. No playoffs for us.

threeGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 04:52 PM
  #13
number72
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,883
vCash: 500
Lupul - gets a big contract then gets himself injured. Ole splodybones

number72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 04:52 PM
  #14
leugangen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 699
vCash: 500
Funny, I ran into him today.

leugangen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 05:08 PM
  #15
wavaxa2
Registered User
 
wavaxa2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 213
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leugangen View Post
Funny, I ran into him today.
Wouldn't that cause further injury to his arm???

wavaxa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 05:26 PM
  #16
birddog*
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 5,988
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewFang View Post
he has a cast -- why can't he skate?

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 05:30 PM
  #17
mapleleaf979
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,614
vCash: 500
Maybe Lupul had a one off year? No one can say he turned the corner or had a one off.

Is he getting more injuries like in the past? Yes. Some guys have bad luck and the latest was bad luck. But the result was still the same as past history. Long injury. Even last year, Great season but ended in shoulder separation. Why give him 5 years @ 5.5? With the recent success, ill be honest I forgot about Lupul. I like JVR and the handful he represents.

Putting Lupul on the Top line wtih Bozak and Kessel will disrupt 2 lines. As JVR will be on a new line. The chemistry built up in recent weeks or months before Lupul return is erased for one player? Im not so sure u do that right away. Maybe start him on a 3rd line.

I like Lupul but: his injury history, his age and the long recent contract was for me too much too soon. 2yrs for 8 million or 3yrs for 12 would have been safe and fair for both.

mapleleaf979 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 05:32 PM
  #18
threeGo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
Maybe Lupul had a one off year? No one can say he turned the corner or had a one off.

Is he getting more injuries like in the past? Yes. Some guys have bad luck and the latest was bad luck. But the result was still the same as past history. Long injury. Even last year, Great season but ended in shoulder separation. Why give him 5 years @ 5.5? With the recent success, ill be honest I forgot about Lupul. I like JVR and the handful he represents.

Putting Lupul on the Top line wtih Bozak and Kessel will disrupt 2 lines. As JVR will be on a new line. The chemistry built up in recent weeks or months before Lupul return is erased for one player? Im not so sure u do that right away. Maybe start him on a 3rd line.

I like Lupul but: his injury history, his age and the long recent contract was for me too much too soon.
They resigned him too early. If they had waited they would now have the option of not resigning him at all or get him at a lower cap hit with less term.

threeGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 05:33 PM
  #19
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 55,767
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog View Post
he has a cast -- why can't he skate?
Because if you fall before the bone is fully set and healed it could break again and you start over.

Did none of you guys have or have kids with broken arms playing sports?

As a parent we all learned the dos and don'ts when your kids are recovering from a broken arm. Natural tendency during a fall is to what?

__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA3LN_8hjM8.

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
ULF_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 05:35 PM
  #20
mapleleaf979
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,614
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by threeGo View Post
They resigned him too early. If they had waited they would now have the option of not resigning him at all or get him at a lower cap hit with less term.
OR deal him to a contender at the Deadline for a 1st round pick?

Why not wait a few months before Signing him and have a look at JVR and his potential? For me its a mistake. Is it me or did most of the die hard "forget" about Lupul with JVR doing wat he is doing and all the chemistry on the top 3 lines.

mapleleaf979 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 05:39 PM
  #21
12345*
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Missing Piece View Post
It is this. I had this type of injury and you swing your arms hard when you skate and it can be really painful. You get this shooting twinge up your elbow.
It is not thing. Players don't skate on an arm injury because his fracture is an undisplaced hairline fracture - which heals well without surgery. If he falls, people brace themselves with their arms and that hairline fracture could become displaced. Displaced forarm fractures require surgery for pro athletes.

12345* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 05:41 PM
  #22
jr27
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 31
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
Because if you fall before the bone is fully set and healed it could break again and you start over.

Did none of you guys have or have kids with broken arms playing sports?

As a parent we all learned the dos and don'ts when your kids are recovering from a broken arm. Natural tendency during a fall is to what?
Make sure your beer doesn't spill.

jr27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 05:43 PM
  #23
Due North
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 93
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
Because if you fall before the bone is fully set and healed it could break again and you start over.

Did none of you guys have or have kids with broken arms playing sports?

As a parent we all learned the dos and don'ts when your kids are recovering from a broken arm. Natural tendency during a fall is to what?
Thats what I think. He won't be able to hold onto a stick anyway so why take
a chance in falling.

Due North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 05:47 PM
  #24
Tinalera
Registered User
 
Tinalera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Known Universe
Posts: 6,045
vCash: 500
I do hope I'm wrong, and not to be a debbie downer-even if he comes back in late march, hes not going to be in gameshape, he may only be "effective" the last week or two of the season: if the Leafs are in a playoffs fight at that time, great-if they're way out of it though-he might just get shut down rest of year.

totally speculation on my part.

Tinalera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 05:48 PM
  #25
Dangles McGavin
RIP Lounge
 
Dangles McGavin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Oakville
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,240
vCash: 500
He'll return just in time for the playoffs

Dangles McGavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:36 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.