Closed Thread

Old
02-13-2013, 04:58 PM
Guiledoom
Formerly JRull86

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Open Ice View Post
If Ordway's out - hell, why not blow the whole thing out of the water. I think Holly works and maybe Merloni - but there's virtually nothing else there worth holding on to.

REBUILD
Exactly what I said a few posts back. There is literally nothing else at that station worth keeping besides the aforementioned two.

Old
02-13-2013, 05:12 PM
Open Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRull86 View Post
Exactly what I said a few posts back. There is literally nothing else at that station worth keeping besides the aforementioned two.
Seriously. I would love to see that morning show revamped. Knock out D&C and we're really cooking.

I mean during the mid day show today we were treated to a press conference featuring David Ross. I know it's cool and all that the Sox are in Florida, but after the Bruins' almost-win last night, their great start and all the compelling stories on that team - how do you not talk about this team???

WEEI - FIND SOMEBODY WHO KNOWS HOW TO DISCUSS HOCKEY. TRUST US - PEOPLE WILL TUNE IN IN GREAT NUMBERS. HOCKEY IS RELEVANT. HOCKEY IS REAL. IT IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN RED SOX FEBRUARY FLORIDA MINUTIA. SERIOUSLY. YOU DON'T BELIEVE US BUT SERIOUSLY IT IS.

Old
02-13-2013, 05:16 PM
Donnie Shulzhoffer

Until Wolfe is gone, not much will be different at WEEI.

Old
02-13-2013, 05:18 PM
Shaun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie Shulzhoffer View Post
Until Wolfe is gone. Not much will be different at WEEI.
I bet he probably wanted to hire Dan Sileo as Ordway's replacement.

Old
02-13-2013, 05:46 PM
Shaun

Frank in Gloucester was in tears when he called in.

Old
02-13-2013, 05:49 PM
11MilesPerJohan
@BeingAHumanBean

So, anybody know who this Mike Salk character is that they are supposedly replacing him with, according to the Globe? It says he is coming from a Seattle station and used to be on 890, but not much else.

Old
02-13-2013, 05:49 PM
EverettMike

The Whiner Line is still a thing?

Old
02-13-2013, 06:09 PM
smithformeragent

Send a message via AIM to smithformeragent
Did Ordway tell his side of the story? I know the guy was making millions.

02-13-2013, 06:50 PM
Gee Wally
Grumpy

Awards:
**** Ordway.

All he has ever done is dump on hockey and piss on us, the hockey fans.

**** him.

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Old
02-13-2013, 06:56 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
Ordway was the one who eased the transition after Johnny Most passed during the 1993/94 season, as EEI still has that contract before we got the current tandem of Max and Grande beginning in '01-02 (he was the voice basically from 1990-95), THE REAL ? is what does CSN do now w/ New England Tailgate, which Glenn hosted as part of their Thursday football block?

Old
02-13-2013, 07:12 PM
chizzler

EEI is still hanging on with Holley. He's good. I can listen to him all day. Smart move to put him with Ordway. Let me tell you, Mazz and Felger aren't that great. They just talk hockey. They aren't great to listen too. Not that much knowledge there on hockey. Also Felger makes his own headlines sometimes. As for Orway, let the market deside his his fate as he so often told the callers. The market has spoken.

Old
02-13-2013, 07:13 PM
nifty988

I stopped listening to WEEI years ago because I found the Big Show hosts so condescending. All they ever did was talk over one another. It was piss poor.

The hockey talk segment was insulting. I'll never forget it. How I wanted to punch Ordway right in the mouth..

Good-bye you fat self-important blowhard!!

Old
02-13-2013, 07:13 PM
chizzler

Ordway didn't shed a tear for Pete, when he got the ax. Pete actually likes talking about the B's.

Old
02-13-2013, 08:08 PM
BigBadBruin8
@rsox1221

Send a message via AIM to BigBadBruin8
Good riddance Ordway you fat piece of ****.

We're a D&C double firing squad away from that station being worth listening to again.

That is all.

"I've gotta go run some little French guys over."--Shawn Thornton

Old
02-13-2013, 08:11 PM
Danny Woodhead

Should have just brought back Sheppard. Think he and Holley could give F&M a run for their money. Might give the new guy a shot, but will prob wait until after hockey season.

Old
02-13-2013, 08:15 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by nifty988 View Post
I stopped listening to WEEI years ago because I found the Big Show hosts so condescending. All they ever did was talk over one another. It was piss poor.

The hockey talk segment was insulting. I'll never forget it. How I wanted to punch Ordway right in the mouth..

Good-bye you fat self-important blowhard!!
I was listening on the drive to work this afternoon and you won't believe it, but Ordway was insisting that the "hockey talk" segment was actually a Good Thing for Bruins fans.

Old
02-13-2013, 08:18 PM
11MilesPerJohan
@BeingAHumanBean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
I was listening on the drive to work this afternoon and you won't believe it, but Ordway was insisting that the "hockey talk" segment was actually a Good Thing for Bruins fans.
Uuuggghhhh! He still doesn't get it!

Old
02-13-2013, 08:23 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Who is out there capable of being acceptable to us,,,I'd do it and am considered by my family semi insane, but don't know basketball that well but the other sports I can talk NFL Draft and Baseball America

only problem is the Sobotka update may not get ratings

kidding aside who the heck can do this???? I think Haggs would be great but I think he would not carry the HF vote...you know who is pretty hilarious and has some great stories and knows her bleep is Trini whatever her last name is on Comcast

I'm not so sure that Salk is going to make it here- but the Dale and Holley Show was really good and not offensive.

Dale loves hockey and the Bruins
Holley loves basketball and the Celtics

They both love baseball and pigskin and Holley has done books with Red Sox and Patriots personnel.

We don't have to hear about Davios, cigars, their politics.....I hate to say it but if Dale was a relatively unknown and say 42 years old and came aboard it would work big time.

Old
02-13-2013, 08:25 PM
EverettMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
Who is out there capable of being acceptable to us,,,I'd do it and am considered by my family semi insane, but don't know basketball that well but the other sports I can talk NFL Draft and Baseball America

only problem is the Sobotka update may not get ratings

kidding aside who the heck can do this???? I think Haggs would be great but I think he would not carry the HF vote...you know who is pretty hilarious and has some great stories and knows her bleep is Trini whatever her last name is on Comcast

I'm not so sure that Salk is going to make it here- but the Dale and Holley Show was really good and not offensive.

Dale loves hockey and the Bruins
Holley loves basketball and the Celtics

They both love baseball and pigskin and Holley has done books with Red Sox and Patriots personnel.

We don't have to hear about Davios, cigars, their politics.....I hate to say it but if Dale was a relatively unknown and say 42 years old and came aboard it would work big time.
Tom E. Curran and Sean McAdam would get me back to sports talk in Boston. Daily.

Old
02-13-2013, 08:52 PM
-Andy

I think EEI held on because there was no competition, not because they were good. They cut their high priced guy cause they couldn't afford him anymore now that people had another choice. My first reason for going to sports hub was because whenever EEI had a 10 minute commercial the sportshub didn't. It's still that way. The times I turned on EEI and there was a commercial, go to the sportshub and there isn't - then I switched and went to sportshub first. I can just go to EEI on the web and download their best stuff for free - the interviews. I don't need to listen to them on the radio.

The morning guys are too angry close minded republican for me. Their strong politics turned me way off. They might as well have been pushing religion at me. Even when they talk sports I cant take them seriously because of their rigid politics.

I liked Dale because he would talk about hockey and didn't yell over people and get all negative and then the canned him. So I gave up on the mid day.

I like Holley but Ordway was a broken record, and the callers were crap. It was fun when they had other people on but now those people are on the sportshub.

Kudos to the sportshub. Its hard to talk hockey. There aren't a lot of stats to chat about when you get beyond the first line and its hard to quantify a players skill. I imagine its like talking soccer.

Last edited by -Andy: 02-13-2013 at 08:56 PM. Reason: I am retarded
Old
02-13-2013, 09:49 PM
TP
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

The commercials breaks are awful on the hub too. I want to time an hour to see how long they actually spend of it on the air.

Old
02-13-2013, 09:51 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TP View Post
The commercials breaks are awful on the hub too. I want to time an hour to see how long they actually spend of it on the air.
I actually thought the Hub was way better at that than EEI. One of the things I really liked about it when they came on air.

Old
02-13-2013, 10:39 PM
bigcat188

Now if 98.5 would get rid of that fat ******* Gresh, and rump swap Zolack. Boston talk radio would be a little easier to listen to.

Old
02-13-2013, 10:42 PM
Shaun

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcat188 View Post
Now if 98.5 would get rid of that fat ******* Gresh, and rump swap Zolack. Boston talk radio would be a little easier to listen to.
Gresh is so bad that I wouldn't mind if they replaced him with Ordway.

Old
02-13-2013, 10:44 PM
Ratty

What's Eddie Andelman doing these days? Now there was a funny guy. Hated hockey, though...called a goal a ghoul.

Closed Thread