Closed Thread

Old
02-08-2013, 08:44 PM
George Maharis
Harbor Hopper

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
I've been noticing this since the deadline. Losing Gillard was huge and Murphy hasn't (and it's not fair to expect it either) replaced what was lost.
Honestly, I find it kind of sad that a rookie is outplaying the 19-20 year olds on the team.. If these guys are supposed to get better with age, I can only imagine the play we get from Weegar in a year or 2.

Also, as ****** as this is going to be for us if MacKinnon is seriously hurt.. I think this will show how dominant Drouin is without him.

**** sakes Murphy, what the **** was that. Lets just take this loss and prepare for Bathurst tomorrow.

Old
02-08-2013, 10:21 PM
Killahpunk
Legend

vCash: 738
Bad game tonight.

The snow has started it's going to be some nasty weather in Halifax tonight and tomorrow, stay safe everyone.

Old
02-08-2013, 10:30 PM
George Maharis
Harbor Hopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killahpunk View Post
Bad game tonight.

The snow has started it's going to be some nasty weather in Halifax tonight and tomorrow, stay safe everyone.
Not looking forward to 40-50 cm of ******* snow..

Old
02-08-2013, 10:55 PM
Ryan English
@ryanenglish_FC

vCash: 500
Posted this on Fucales thread thought Moose fans could appreciate it too.

Quote:
Doing some stats research for Fucale, and the numbers are somewhat surprising in terms of consistency.

Fucale averages 24 shots against per game and has a 2.49 GAA.

Since the new year, he has had 9 out of his 13 starts considered a quality start (over .912 SV% or 3 or less goals against) with the four non-quality starts being PEI (pulled), Quebec, Rimouski and Moncton (pulled).

Overall, 8 out of 43 games haven't been considered quality starts. Some pretty impressive consistency for a guy who faces shots sporadically. (19% of starts non-quality)

Compare that to another solid and 'consistent' QMJHL '95 goaltender in a similar situation - Phillipe Cadorette who faces 23 shots a game and has 10 non quality starts in 41 games (25% non quality starts). This is on a Baie-Comeau team that IMO, plays a tighter system with less defensive breakdowns than the Mooseheads.

Also, Fucale has 18 of 43 starts where he had a SV% under .900, a sign of perhaps an off game - and is 13-5 in those games. Though the Mooseheads league leading offense is helpful, it also tells you Fucale is a guy who can grind out wins and is there when you need him - all one can really ask for from a contending team like the Mooseheads.

Just some food for thought when evaluating his numbers, which aren't all that eye-catching for a potential first round goaltender.

Old
02-08-2013, 11:56 PM
RJQuack

I miss Gillard

I remember the last time we made questionable moves at the deadline .. It's only one game but the defense ......

Old
02-09-2013, 12:04 AM
RJQuack

Anyways, other game thoughts ...

It got pretty ugly in the 2nd when we made constant errors and didn't have our heads in the game .. Overall, I'd say we won more periods if it's any consolation lol. 1st was majority Moose ... 2nd was all Cats, and Moncton played good enough to survive for the win, although the Moose did well for having no MacKinnon and scoring 3 ...

Our defense is bad ... Fucale let in two weak Jaskin goals that effectively turned the tide ... sigh..

If we play in the playoffs, which is a good possibility since I still think we play in the semis or Finals, it will be high scoring .... Both teams have gamebreaking forwards and generally weak/exposable D. Dubeau is shaky, and we saw what Fucale did tonight ...

******! Oh well, back at er Tuesday against PEI... Bathurst game is cancelled (not official, but easy to predict, I don't think Bathurst are even driving up).

Old
02-09-2013, 12:14 AM
George Maharis
Harbor Hopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
Anyways, other game thoughts ...

It got pretty ugly in the 2nd when we made constant errors and didn't have our heads in the game .. Overall, I'd say we won more periods if it's any consolation lol. 1st was majority Moose ... 2nd was all Cats, and Moncton played good enough to survive for the win, although the Moose did well for having no MacKinnon and scoring 3 ...

Our defense is bad ... Fucale let in two weak Jaskin goals that effectively turned the tide ... sigh..

If we play in the playoffs, which is a good possibility since I still think we play in the semis or Finals, it will be high scoring .... Both teams have gamebreaking forwards and generally weak/exposable D. Dubeau is shaky, and we saw what Fucale did tonight ...

******! Oh well, back at er Tuesday against PEI... Bathurst game is cancelled (not official, but easy to predict, I don't think Bathurst are even driving up).
I agree that this wasn't Zach's best game.. He made some nice saves EARLY in the game (before everything broke down).. He let in some soft goals, but at the same time he shouldn't be at full fault because the defence REALLY let him down!! I have no damn idea what Murphy was doing when he was behind the net... completely turned over the puck.

Old
02-09-2013, 08:08 AM
c_robio

My biggest fear when we lost Gillard was that we'd have trouble getting out of our own zone. Gillard was so strong and quick on his skates, he would never just throw it up the boards.

This was the biggest problem in the playoffs last year, not having a mobile D last year, well that and the PP was really bad in the playoffs last year as well.

On the bright side we got the secondary scoring that has been lacking lately.

Old
02-09-2013, 10:38 AM
Dasachtach
Bluenoser

Well last night sucked.

Tonight's game against Bathurst has been rescheduled to March 11.

Old
02-11-2013, 01:09 PM
Killahpunk
Legend

vCash: 738
MacKinnon out 1-2 weeks with lower body injury sustained Friday night in Moncton.

Old
02-11-2013, 04:03 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killahpunk View Post
MacKinnon out 1-2 weeks with lower body injury sustained Friday night in Moncton.
It happened right in front of me and looked like maybe a twisted knee or ankle. Kind of a fluke injury as Barbashev missed and barely knicked him.

Old
02-11-2013, 05:42 PM
George Maharis
Harbor Hopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
It happened right in front of me and looked like maybe a twisted knee or ankle. Kind of a fluke injury as Barbashev missed and barely knicked him.
Why didn't you help him?!

Old
02-11-2013, 05:43 PM
Libbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rey72335 View Post
Why didn't you help him?!
I'm confused... is there an inside joke somewhere?

Old
02-11-2013, 06:40 PM
George Maharis
Harbor Hopper

Quote:
No.. it's just a ridiculous attempt at a "joke"

I'd try and explain what I meant, but it just isn't worth it... to sum it up, it made sense in my head..

Old
02-11-2013, 09:29 PM
Dgill

Out of curiosity which player do you hate the most on an opposing team? For me it's definitely down between PEI's Ogilny and Moncton's Melindy. I can't stand either of them.

Old
02-11-2013, 09:39 PM
Dasachtach
Bluenoser

As far as MacKinnon's injury: good. Two weeks to rest his body right before the playoffs is a blessing in disguise.

Old
02-11-2013, 10:45 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
WCML was right in front of the glass where the injury happened I gather ... Then MacKinnon gets hurt ... Someone playfully said why didn't you help him, as in there's an injured person next to him, so he should've helped ...

Jokes are great when you have to explain them lol

Old
02-11-2013, 10:57 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgill View Post
Out of curiosity which player do you hate the most on an opposing team? For me it's definitely down between PEI's Ogilny and Moncton's Melindy. I can't stand either of them.
Interesting idea .... I'll give it a go.

On Cape Breton I think it would be the other Oligny .. the "worse one" as CB fans believe lol ...

I don't like Blake Millman or Donnelly on Quebec. Donnelly because he reminds me of Hannay ... Little skill but runs his mouth a lot.

Desjardins on Rouyn

The most players I dislike would probably lie in Moncton ... Don't get me wrong, Jaskin is my MVP, but I don't imagine he's well liked by opposing players with those over the top celebrations ... Every goal is the game winner to him lol, who grabs ice, holds hands to their ears and windmills in one move? ... Now I know how people who watch MacKinnon and Drouin feel ... Although Nathan's toned down his "Cellys" this season lol.

Emond and Racine are players I'd love to have, but hate to play against ... And I just don't like Melindy ...

whatever Saulnier injured Frk and Gillard, I hate him .. And I don't like Yannick Veilleux for kicking Duke .. How did he get an "A" ...

I really hope Moncton and Halifax meet in the Finals, that would be cool as there's a lot of hate there ... Maybe some can be started on the boards too lol.

Old
02-12-2013, 12:07 AM
George Maharis
Harbor Hopper

Quote:
WCML was right in front of the glass where the injury happened I gather ... Then MacKinnon gets hurt ... Someone playfully said why didn't you help him, as in there's an injured person next to him, so he should've helped ...

Haha, i'm glad at least someone understood what I was meaning!!

Old
02-12-2013, 12:13 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgill View Post
I don't know why you wouldn't like Melindy ? He's terrible for Moncton and usually gives opposing teams powerplays whether or not he's in the box or on the ice

Old
02-12-2013, 03:48 PM
Libbs

Quote:

I'm usually pretty good understanding the punch line to jokes... when they are funny lol.

Old
02-13-2013, 06:11 AM
George Maharis
Harbor Hopper

Also, with the victory, Zach Fucale is 1 win away from tying Jean-Sebastian Giguere's all-time win record (68)!! Next game is Friday against Shawinigan, so look to see Clarke getting the start in that one.

Old
02-13-2013, 09:41 PM
Thorntonfan97
Thank you Nabby

vCash: 200
Send a message via MSN to Thorntonfan97 Send a message via Yahoo to Thorntonfan97
I hit a girl in the head with a hat yesterday.... It was a brutal throw, but at least Drouin's 3rd goal won me a slice of pizza

Old
02-13-2013, 09:46 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorntonfan97 View Post
I hit a girl in the head with a hat yesterday.... It was a brutal throw, but at least Drouin's 3rd goal won me a slice of pizza
Hats can be too expensive to throw... It would have to be the Finals

Old
02-13-2013, 09:53 PM
Thorntonfan97
Thank you Nabby

vCash: 200
Send a message via MSN to Thorntonfan97 Send a message via Yahoo to Thorntonfan97
Quote:
Hats can be too expensive to throw... It would have to be the Finals
It was an old crappy Islanders hat (I have no clue why I had an Isles hat) I stuffed into my pocket cause I said there would be a hat trick and it turned out there actually was one. Even in the finals I don't think I'd throw my Blue Jays hat.

Closed Thread