HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL 2012-2013 Season

Closed Thread

Old
02-13-2013, 10:48 AM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meditating Guru View Post
Anyone want Matt Kassian?
No. No. And NO.

Old
02-13-2013, 10:59 AM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
Everything starts from the draft. Kekäläinen has had great succes there. He goes there like a man what Devellano was for us at 1982.

Quote from him:

"Rebuild is not an option for me. Winning organizations prefer so called "retooling" and that's the way I'm going to go. But we also have important year coming with those 3 1st round draft picks."

Imo, that's a good phase to jump in. They already have some good prospect core there (Ryan Murray, Ryan Johansen, Boone Jenner, Tim Erixon, Morgan Reilly, David Savard, Cam Atkinson etc...), and those great picks that you have secure going well. Then the other building is hiring right personnel etc. strengthen the connection to the farm team. He has a model of succesful organization, he just have to bring that in.

Senators peaked in ~8 years when he was drafting there, same is now happening for the Blues.
Mike Reilly.

Old
02-13-2013, 02:51 PM
ricky0034

i'm pretty shocked Columbus actually hired Jarmo

not that I think it was a bad move,the opposite in fact

just never thought Columbus would actually do that

Old
02-13-2013, 08:20 PM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
WPG has apparently traded Alexei Ponikarovsky to NJD. Details to follow.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
NJD trade 2013 7th round pick and 2014 4th round pick to WPG for Ponikarovsky.

Old
02-13-2013, 09:28 PM
Heaton
#disapointment

Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Ottawa Senators ‏@NHL_Sens
Update on Karlsson: Erik suffered a laceration to his left achilles, which will require surgery to repair. He will be out indefinitely.

Old
02-13-2013, 09:30 PM
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
Ottawa Senators ‏@NHL_Sens
Update on Karlsson: Erik suffered a laceration to his left achilles, which will require surgery to repair. He will be out indefinitely.
Achilles laceration? See you next year.

Old
02-13-2013, 09:51 PM
joe89

Pretty ugly for Karlsson. Surely out of the season, hope he can make a full recovery in the summer.

Also, Murray just implied it was intentional by Cooke. Don't think it was, but understand why some would never give Cooke the benefit of doubt. Sens-Pens games will probably be interesting going forward.

Old
02-13-2013, 10:04 PM
The Nose
#thefuture

Probably hurt it even more when he tried to put pressure on his leg.

Old
02-14-2013, 02:05 AM
14ari13

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
Pretty ugly for Karlsson. Surely out of the season, hope he can make a full recovery in the summer.

Also, Murray just implied it was intentional by Cooke. Don't think it was, but understand why some would never give Cooke the benefit of doubt. Sens-Pens games will probably be interesting going forward.
It looked very much intentional to me.

Old
02-16-2013, 05:40 PM
Harnessed in Slums

Entertaining Bolts-Panthers game. Tampa came back from down 5-3 to win 6-5 in OT. Stamkos with two goals. Our boys Matthias and Kopecky both scored for the Cats.

Old
02-17-2013, 02:53 PM
Harnessed in Slums

Good Pitt-Buffalo game. Pens go up 2-0 less than 2 mins into the game and the Sabres score 3 straight to go up 3-2. Pens just tied it almost halfway through the 3rd.

Old
02-17-2013, 03:39 PM
TeemuS

not so good at the end. pens won it :/

Old
02-20-2013, 03:40 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Lindy Ruff just got fired in Buffalo. Message stale and not trying new things would be my guess. One of Babcock's good friends although much like Hitch I would expect him to have a job soon and not join us in any capacity. Not surprised on Ruff, he is a better coach than how his team has performed lately, will be interesting to see if Columbus, NYI or Colorado fires their coach just to make a move on him.

Old
02-20-2013, 03:52 PM
Kiddington
heehats

Calling it now; Ruff to the Isles, finally turns that team into a contender. Maybe not this year, but next year for sure.

Old
02-20-2013, 03:54 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddington View Post
Calling it now; Ruff to the Isles, finally turns that team into a contender. Maybe not this year, but next year for sure.
Would be great, very worried about him showing up in division.

Can you imagine a division of Coach Q, Hitchcock, Babcock, Trotz, and Ruff? That would be insane.

Old
02-20-2013, 03:55 PM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
Lindy Ruff just got fired in Buffalo. Message stale and not trying new things would be my guess. One of Babcock's good friends although much like Hitch I would expect him to have a job soon and not join us in any capacity. Not surprised on Ruff, he is a better coach than how his team has performed lately, will be interesting to see if Columbus, NYI or Colorado fires their coach just to make a move on him.
Personally, I think Buffalo's GM is as much of the problem. I only live about 75 miles from the Sabres arena and follow them closely, and had come to the conclusion that the long tenures of both Regier and Ruff had become problems.

Old
02-20-2013, 04:01 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupNazi View Post
Personally, I think Buffalo's GM is as much of the problem. I only live about 75 miles from the Sabres arena and follow them closely, and had come to the conclusion that the long tenures of both Regier and Ruff had become problems.
Yeah I have never been super impressed with Darcy Regier. You used to blame it on money, but when he got money what has happened?

I still generally side with the GM staying over the coach in almost all cases. In this particular team I think both need to go and would expect Darcy to follow him out shortly.

Old
02-20-2013, 04:23 PM
RedMenace
Zero ***** Given

Ruff to Detroit, Babcock to Buffalo.

Old
02-20-2013, 04:31 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace View Post
Ruff to Detroit, Babcock to Buffalo.

Very similar messages come out of both guys when you listen to their coach speak. They favor a similar system and are quite close friends. I know it wasn't totally serious but this is something to look at if you truly are in Babcock's camp. I think he deserves some time but if it starts to look like what Ruff did with mediocre teams I think Babcock is going to produce similar results.

Old
02-20-2013, 05:16 PM
RedMenace
Zero ***** Given

Quote:
Very similar messages come out of both guys when you listen to their coach speak. They favor a similar system and are quite close friends. I know it wasn't totally serious but this is something to look at if you truly are in Babcock's camp. I think he deserves some time but if it starts to look like what Ruff did with mediocre teams I think Babcock is going to produce similar results.
I did say that 95% tongue-in-cheek, but sometimes, even when the messages are similar, a slightly different delivery method is all it takes to drive the point home.

Old
02-20-2013, 06:57 PM
Henkka

Carolina has many injuries in their defence, so they called Ryan Murphy from OHL to join the NHL team.

I wouldn't mind us doing the same with Sproul.

Old
02-20-2013, 08:19 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Pens vs. Flyers is awesome right now. Nasty and fast paced everything you could want to see.

Old
02-20-2013, 08:38 PM
The Nose
#thefuture

Quote:
Pens vs. Flyers is awesome right now. Nasty and fast paced everything you could want to see.
That third goal was insane. Literally 7 skaters and Vokoun were in the crease. Glad the refs didn't blow the whistle instantly.

On a side note, Viktor Fasth who I believe played in Europe before Anaheim signed him, just got extended for 2 years @ $5.8 million ($2.9 million AAV). I know he's a goaltender but could this have an impact on Brunner's possible extension? Not sure about the salary but maybe the term?

Old
02-20-2013, 09:02 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nose View Post
On a side note, Viktor Fasth who I believe played in Europe before Anaheim signed him, just got extended for 2 years @ $5.8 million ($2.9 million AAV). I know he's a goaltender but could this have an impact on Brunner's possible extension? Not sure about the salary but maybe the term?
Fasth comes from a little better league and has big credentials while coming over. I know Brunner has been good but Fasth has a WC MVP to his name and a couple of Swedish goaltenders of the year. Those weight a little more than leading the NLA probably for most. He also has started 8-0 with sparkling numbers on top of that.

It could have an impact, but I would use his as leverage to why Brunner shouldn't get more than 2.5 so it could be good for us.

Old
02-20-2013, 09:11 PM
The Nose
#thefuture

Quote:
Fasth comes from a little better league and has big credentials while coming over. I know Brunner has been good but Fasth has a WC MVP to his name and a couple of Swedish goaltenders of the year. Those weight a little more than leading the NLA probably for most. He also has started 8-0 with sparkling numbers on top of that.

It could have an impact, but I would use his as leverage to why Brunner shouldn't get more than 2.5 so it could be good for us.
Good to hear. Extending Brunner at around $2 million for 2 -3 years could end up being a great steal for the Wings.

Closed Thread