HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

Time to make Moves?? (Post trade proposals & rumors here)

Closed Thread

Old
02-13-2013, 07:17 PM
StrongIslanders90

vCash: 500
I think he realized how much buzz he could create surrounding the Isles....

Getzlaf for what?? we already have a Number one center, I would rather Perry or Ryan...

With the way ANA is playing I dont see them selling.

Also what makes anyone think that Getzlaf would resign here?

Old
02-13-2013, 07:22 PM
nyisles

Send a message via ICQ to nyisles Send a message via AIM to nyisles
I think we should start observing a PIE policy here - Please Ignore Eklund. 99 times out of 100 his rumors are GARBAGE, just pure unadulterated garbage trolling for website clicks. Can't remember the last time he "broke" something that hadn't already been posted or tweeted by a real, actual source. Please stop enabling this guy already.

02-13-2013, 07:23 PM
Tavares2Hall

The best thing about Eklund is that his fake sources all sound like Deep Throat from Watergate.

Source tells me, "Tea leaves suggest clues that could be BIG new for Islanders." Source told me I can't tell anything more without putting his entire family in grave danger.

Old
02-13-2013, 07:24 PM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCogley View Post
Take it for what its worth! Says we would be in the market for Getzlaf if Ducks don't lock him up...also says more big news on the island within the next 10 days...bye bye Wang????
Getzlaf would be great but it's Eklund so until we see it somewhere else I won't get my hopes up.

Wang isn't going anywhere... He's lost so much money you really think he's going to bail right before they move and make this team profitable, if he was going to sell it would have been with out a lease in Brooklyn where he could entice out of the area bidders.

Old
02-13-2013, 07:27 PM
13th Floor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyisles View Post
I think we should start observing a PIE policy here - Please Ignore Eklund. 99 times out of 100 his rumors are GARBAGE, just pure unadulterated garbage trolling for website clicks. Can't remember the last time he "broke" something that hadn't already been posted or tweeted by a real, actual source. Please stop enabling this guy already.
The only thing it tells me is that those moves are pretty much guaranteed not to happen now. So now I know for sure that Getzlaf is not coming to the Islanders and nothing will happen in the next 10 days.

I think I knew that already though.

Old
02-13-2013, 07:35 PM
leeroggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavares2Hall View Post
The best thing about Eklund is that his fake sources all sound like Deep Throat from Watergate.

Source tells me, "Tea leaves suggest clues that could be BIG new for Islanders." Source told me I can't tell anything more without putting his entire family in grave danger.
Umm . . . you do know there actually was a Deep Throat, right? Woodward exposed the person after he died - Mark Felt.

Old
02-13-2013, 07:48 PM
nyisles

Send a message via ICQ to nyisles Send a message via AIM to nyisles
Quote:

He just uses dumb Captain Obvious techniques to throw his poopy at the wall until something sticks. For example, he looks at a crap team that's lost a hundred games in a row (i.e. Islanders) and posts "a trade is coming," or looks at a team whose ownership is on uncertain ground (i.e. Islanders again) and posts "an ownership announcement is coming" ... easy, transparent garbage.

Old
02-13-2013, 07:59 PM
Yashin for President

Both are free agents next year, I think we would need at least one of them to sign for another year. The isles clearly do not have a PP QB if those 2 leave. If we could sign both for next season I think we would be ok but I doubt that happens. I am one of the few that believes Hickey will be a nice Defenseman eventually.

Old
02-13-2013, 08:09 PM
Tavares2Hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeroggy View Post
Umm . . . you do know there actually was a Deep Throat, right? Woodward exposed the person after he died - Mark Felt.
What?!?! There really was a Deep Throat? I thought Bob Woodward just doubled as a secret agent and cracked the Watergate case himself. Of course I know he was real.

My point was that Eklund's sources are not real, but he makes them sound like people who are afraid their lives are on the line if he gives out too much info on trade rumors. He posts things like: "Source says big thing are in the works, but I'm not allowed to say anything more at this time" and Source says, 'Look to the stars for clues on possible deal."

It's just funny to me because I actually have sources in the NFL and they don't talk to me in such a cryptic way. They just say what they know because they're....uhhh real people lol. Nobody talks like these "sources" he quotes.

Old
02-13-2013, 08:12 PM
kk
diehard NYI/WPG fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyisles View Post
This. Thank you!

Old
02-13-2013, 08:31 PM
islandermaniac

an avs fan on the trade board said he would trade o'reilly for niederreiter, dehaan, and a 3rd. i say, despite the fact that it's tough to part with two top prospects, i do it. reminds me of connolly and pyatt for peca...it was tough, but it worked out.

Old
02-13-2013, 08:39 PM
macleod50

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandermaniac View Post
an avs fan on the trade board said he would trade o'reilly for niederreiter, dehaan, and a 3rd. i say, despite the fact that it's tough to part with two top prospects, i do it. reminds me of connolly and pyatt for peca...it was tough, but it worked out.
I would do that trade as well.

As for the Eklund stuff, it's worthless.

Old
02-13-2013, 08:55 PM
supeez
HFBoards Sponsor

If there were some sort of announcement in the next ten days or so......my guess and hope would be something to do with the lease. As in getting out of the NVMC earlier then 2015??

Old
02-13-2013, 09:03 PM
Tavares2Hall

Quote:
No way would I do that.

Old
02-13-2013, 09:09 PM
Aucoin3

Quote:
Originally Posted by YearlyLottery View Post
It's an Eklund rumor. Take it for what its worth.
What its worth... which is nothing

Old
02-13-2013, 09:19 PM
islandermaniac

Quote:
No way would I do that.
interesting...

why not?

Old
02-13-2013, 09:20 PM
VT Isles Fan

Quote:
Unfortunately that fan is not the Avs GM, because from what I'd heard, the Avs are looking for a lot more than this.

Elliott Friedman of HNIC reported the Avs want a "cornerstone" type player in return.

Old
02-13-2013, 09:24 PM
Mustang2750

Quote:
interesting...

why not?
I wouldn't either.

2 top prospects and a pick for a guy who scored 26pt, 26pt, 55pts over his 3 years?

No thanks...would have just resigned PA and kept our prospects/pick. Garth looks like an idiot if he does that.

Bobby Ryan on the other hand....hell yes I would do it.

Old
02-13-2013, 09:42 PM
islandermaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang2750 View Post
I wouldn't either.

2 top prospects and a pick for a guy who scored 26pt, 26pt, 55pts over his 3 years?

No thanks...would have just resigned PA and kept our prospects/pick. Garth looks like an idiot if he does that.

Bobby Ryan on the other hand....hell yes I would do it.
i don't see a connection between bobby ryan and ryan o'reilly. one is a scoring winger and the other is a do-it-all centreman. i also don't see how parenteau entered the conversaton. i guess we can call this different strokes for different folks because i think you win more games with the likes of ryan o'reilly than you do with bobby ryan.

Old
02-13-2013, 09:44 PM
islandermaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by VT Isles Fan View Post
Unfortunately that fan is not the Avs GM, because from what I'd heard, the Avs are looking for a lot more than this.

Elliott Friedman of HNIC reported the Avs want a "cornerstone" type player in return.
so it sounds like you would pull the trigger on the deal and other isles fans are saying the price is too great. whenever people are on opposite sides of the same deal it must mean it's a good one! haha!

Old
02-13-2013, 09:46 PM
Mustang2750

Quote:
i don't see a connection between bobby ryan and ryan o'reilly. one is a scoring winger and the other is a do-it-all centreman. i also don't see how parenteau entered the conversaton. i guess we can call this different strokes for different folks because i think you win more games with the likes of ryan o'reilly than you do with bobby ryan.
Because you're talking about trading 2 of our top prospects and a pick for a guy who put up 55 points. (Frans had more last year) when we already had a 70 point player in PA that we were too cheap to pay.

It makes Garth look like an idiot. I brought Bobby Ryan up b/c he is the only guy available that I would be ok trading Nino in a package for b/c Ryan is an instant 1st line RW with 80+ pt potential playing with JT.

Old
02-13-2013, 10:05 PM
gonzo11
Give the dog a bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeroggy View Post
felt came out a few months before he died

Old
02-13-2013, 10:06 PM
Yashin for President

Ryan is exactly what we need. Please end this talk of O'Reilly because he wants just as much as JT makes or more. What someone else said, Garth would look stupid if they did that. Could have signed PA for 4 million. Back to Ryan, he would make us so much better. We would finally have a legit 1st line.

Old
02-13-2013, 10:06 PM
islandermaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang2750 View Post
Because you're talking about trading 2 of our top prospects and a pick for a guy who put up 55 points. (Frans had more last year) when we already had a 70 point player in PA that we were too cheap to pay.

It makes Garth look like an idiot. I brought Bobby Ryan up b/c he is the only guy available that I would be ok trading Nino in a package for b/c Ryan is an instant 1st line RW with 80+ pt potential playing with JT.
i would make that trade in a heartbeat for centre depth like that. tavares, o'reilly, and nielsen give the isles their best set of players at that position since they made the yashin and peca trades. incidentally, i see o'reilly like i saw peca. isles fans loved peca because he was more than points. that's where i politely disagree with your comments. while i'm aware that ryan has greater offensive potential, i believe that o'reilly gives the nyi a greater chance to win more games, just like peca did.

Old
02-13-2013, 10:12 PM
islandermaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashin for President View Post
Ryan is exactly what we need. Please end this talk of O'Reilly because he wants just as much as JT makes or more. What someone else said, Garth would look stupid if they did that. Could have signed PA for 4 million. Back to Ryan, he would make us so much better. We would finally have a legit 1st line.
i can't possibly disagree more. snow would not look stupid for losing parenteau but trading for o'reilly. they are two completely different players. i see o'reilly like mike peca. the isles could use a little more heart and soul. peca brought that. o'reilly would.

and, of course, i agree that bobby ryan would make the nyi better. but is he available? o'reilly is. would he win more games for the nyi than o'reilly would? i say no. they are two different players and they each impact the game in their own way. my belief is players like o'reilly impact the game on a more consistent basis than players like bobby ryan.

just one man's opinion.

Closed Thread