HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

For the Best Long term ?

Old
02-13-2013, 10:18 PM
Security Guard Chang*
Chang's Army

vCash: 500
For the Best Long term ?

If Karlsson makes a full recovery by next year, i think this injury will help us long term.

I'm as hurting as alot of you guys. This is without a doubt the worst day of my life, no joke. Karlsson was one of the reasons i couldn't wait to watch a hockey game.Watching him play instantly brightened up my day, every day. His display of excitement was a thing i was always thinking about. The best player and the most exciting hockey player in the world.

As great as karlsson it was evident that we definitely needed another franchise player besides Spezza.We rely way too muh on these guys.Still With just those two we would be contenders in the future with our prospects. But now that we most likey will get a a player who will be a star , in the real of spezza , we will most likely be THE best team in the league. With a core of Spezza/Erik / Jones or/ Mack plus, the amazing depth we have. I think we will be the team to beat when erik is back , better than ever.

Erik/ Spezza made us a top ten team. Erik Spezza and Franchise talent will makes us the cream of the crop.

Sorry my gramma , ive had a bit to drink

Security Guard Chang* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 10:22 PM
Fenix Rises 2026
Alfie forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Really Long Username View Post

Sorry my gramma , ive had a bit to drink
She doesn't approve of alcohol?

Fenix Rises 2026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 10:37 PM
Zorf

Couldn't wait a day for this thread? Maybe do this in the morning?

Zorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 10:38 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

I don't give a ****. Karlsson was well on his way for his second Norris. Spezza would have been back, we may have had a trade in store for O'Rielly.

We were looking amazing now. Tied 2-2 with Pitts with Milo also out.

With the way Anderson is playing, the future is now and onwards.

ReginKarlssonLehner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 10:39 PM
Benny FTW
TurnSoonestToTheSea

vCash: 50
Yup. Its gonna be awesome when Karlsson comes back and cant skate quite as fast. cant wait.

Benny FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 10:39 PM
Iamok
#Panic

Erik Karlsson winning back to back Norris trophies would've been awesome long term...

Iamok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 10:40 PM
DJB
Sens best prospect

All I want is a 100% recovery.

DJB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 10:40 PM
Julian2890

END of the Alfie era
sad sad night

Julian2890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 10:44 PM
SilverSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
I don't give a ****. Karlsson was well on his way for his second Norris. Spezza would have been back, we may have had a trade in store for O'Rielly.

We were looking amazing now. Tied 2-2 with Pitts with Milo also out.

With the way Anderson is playing, the future is now and onwards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamok View Post
Erik Karlsson winning back to back Norris trophies would've been awesome long term...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB View Post
All I want is a 100% recovery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian2890 View Post
END of the Alfie era
sad sad night
All of this.

Sorry, even if we draft 1st overall I cant ever see this as being good for long term. We lose a PRIME EK year, and possibly 2 (or 1 of him recovering). In that time we also lose a year or 2 of Karlsson developing and improving.

Even if he comes back 100%, he may never reach the levels he could have. He may miss out on a Norris season...hell maybe even a Hart season.

SilverSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 10:46 PM
PatrickEaves
We Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
Yup. Its gonna be awesome when Karlsson comes back and cant skate quite as fast. cant wait.
Pretty much this.

I have seen zero evidence that a guy that has as much explosiveness as EK come back with an Achilles injury and be the same.

PatrickEaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 10:52 PM
Security Guard Chang*
Chang's Army

Honestly even if karlssons skating deteriorates he will still be the best d man in the world. Think Lidstrom. Thats how special Erik is.

And yes i stipulate if he makes a full recovery . Than it will be for the best. If he comes back a slower player its a bad deal no matter who we draft.

I think(hope?) in a year Karl will have had enough time to rest and rehab his tendon. Karl is a smart enough player to get better even with a lost year in development. Not to mention hell work his butt off, hes not one to give up. He pushes himself to be the best every shift.

Old
02-13-2013, 10:56 PM
balaclava brian

Someone made a joke about the Sens board being on suicide watch. Maybe it shouldn't have been a joke judging by some of the responses here.

Yes, his injury is horrible. However, no one knows the extent of the injury or the impact it will have, if any, on his career. I can understand people being upset, but now is really the time to step back, take a breath and begin thinking positively.

balaclava brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 10:58 PM
Iamok
#Panic

I don't doubt EK's ability to be the best defenceman in the league, even with reduced skating ability. He's just way too smart a player.

But EK was progressing towards a level that you rarely ever see, and the thought of that no longer being the case is disheartening.

Iamok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 10:58 PM
mcnorth

This thread is ridiculous. How long can we sit here and talk about next year, or the year after, or the year after...

All the dreaming about draft picks and one days. Le sigh.

Reminds me of the "Worst move Murray ever made was trading for Anderson and then Anderson playing lights out and costing us a top three draft pick" kind of posts. "Don't trade Stone or Zibby for Rick Nash b/c one day one of those guys might be good."

Sorry. Bad night for this kind of nonsense. There's no way a few spots in the ******* crap shoot that is the NHL draft can make this good for the franchise.

mcnorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 11:02 PM
barabr10
UM ya that;s right

We must stay positive. Karlsson will do everything it takes to get back to 100%. I fully expect him to come back next season and be the exact same, only his linemate will be seth jones instead of methot.

barabr10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 11:05 PM
Security Guard Chang*
Chang's Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnorth View Post
This thread is ridiculous. How long can we sit here and talk about next year, or the year after, or the year after...

All the dreaming about draft picks and one days. Le sigh.

Reminds me of the "Worst move Murray ever made was trading for Anderson and then Anderson playing lights out and costing us a top three draft pick" kind of posts. "Don't trade Stone or Zibby for Rick Nash b/c one day one of those guys might be good."

Sorry. Bad night for this kind of nonsense. There's no way a few spots in the ******* crap shoot that is the NHL draft can make this good for the franchise.
were all but guarenteed first overall. Thats a Franchise Talent. In the realm of Spezza , Peterangelo, Stamkos.

It will make a huge difference.

Old
02-13-2013, 11:05 PM
Benny FTW
TurnSoonestToTheSea

Its not up to Karlsson if he comes back 100%. We may have watched his last game at that level of play.

Benny FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 11:07 PM
DJB
Sens best prospect

Robert Lang was the last guy I remember with a severed achilles that came back to play. Noew the guy was never a burner before the injury, but I do remember him being slower when he came back.

Anyone else know?

DJB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 11:07 PM
mcnorth

Quote:
were all but guarenteed first overall. Thats a Franchise Talent. In the realm of Spezza , Peterangelo, Stamkos.

If the guy can play. And he doesn't get injured. Or maybe we can trade the generational talent for some more draft picks?! And then NEXT YEAR we'll really be set!

Speculation and crystal balls.

mcnorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 11:09 PM
SilverSeven

Quote:

The chances of that player being as good as Erik Karlsson are extraordinarily slim to none. We may have lost the EK we had forever.

Old
02-13-2013, 11:15 PM
L'Aveuglette
Restin' my groin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorf View Post
Couldn't wait a day for this thread? Maybe do this in the morning?
Yeah seriously, for someone who says he's hurting as much as we all are, his making of this thread sure seems untimely. None of us care about next year right now, we just want to see EK recover ASAP.

L'Aveuglette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 11:16 PM
Security Guard Chang*
Chang's Army

Every top 2 pick is all but guaranteed to be a star in this league.

Not to mention with how deep this draft is. Barkov and Lindholm may not be picked in the top 5!

We severly lack top end elite talent.this isnt talent we can get through non top picks and FA. It is the only way imo well see a elite star other than Karlsson and spezza on the team. Our young players are good but nowhere near elite. I am certain this year we will add a star to our team in the draft.

We will Benefit! we have to stay strong.

Old
02-13-2013, 11:17 PM
Security Guard Chang*
Chang's Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Aveuglette View Post
Yeah seriously, for someone who says he's hurting as much as we all are, his making of this thread sure seems untimely. None of us care about next year right now, we just want to see EK recover ASAP.
Its the only bright side to something that has ruined my year.

Old
02-13-2013, 11:18 PM
SilverSeven

Quote:
Every top 2 pick is all but guaranteed to be a star in this league.

Not to mention with how deep this draft is. Barkov and Lindholm may not be picked in the top 5!

We severly lack top end elite talent.this isnt talent we can get through non top picks and FA. It is the only way imo well see a elite star other than Karlsson and spezza on the team. Our young players are good but nowhere near elite. I am certain this year we will add a star to our team in the draft.

We will Benefit! we have to stay strong.
Agreed! Having EK possibly NEVER be as good as he was at 22 is totally worth another Daigle! Or another Phillips! Or maybe we would get really lucky and draft a guy like Stefan!

Old
02-13-2013, 11:18 PM
PatrickEaves
We Lost

Quote:

I'm sorry, but Karlsson had the potential to become one of the greatest defenseman in the history of the NHL. He was playing the sort of game that no one else has ever done. There is a very real chance he never reaches those heights because he doesn't regain that explosive first step acceleration that he had.

You can go through years of 1st overall picks without getting a guy like that.

PatrickEaves is offline   Reply With Quote