HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sabres Talk - Proposals, Speculation, Roster-shaping

Closed Thread

Old
02-13-2013, 05:22 PM
sabresandcanucks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stop Winnin View Post
No, hell no.
I would...I would take the risk that Grigorenko doesn't pan out to be the top line player some think he can be for a player who can anchor our second line/be a Selke candidate for years to come.

It would be a risk though.

Old
02-13-2013, 05:42 PM
"Craigs on it"

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabresandcanucks View Post
What if Colorado wants Grigorenko? Do you still package him with Sekera to get the deal done?

I say this because I suspect that is what they mean by "Top Prospect"
Hmm let me think about that...No

Based on how highly DR think of Girg and Grig I would have to believe they are non starters, Rightfully so.

I would think the prospect COL would want is Pysyk or McCabe,

Old
02-13-2013, 05:48 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
What if Colorado wants Grigorenko? Do you still package him with Sekera to get the deal done?

Hell no. I can deal with Ennis + Pysyk/McNabb/McCabe or some such (Ennis provides similar offense to ROR, more dynamic, and the D prospect makes up for the defensive difference), but that's a legitimate blue chipper with 1C potential and a skilled top 4 defenseman on a great contract for a center, who while very promising, isn't signed and only has one season putting up top 6 numbers.

Old
02-13-2013, 05:56 PM
"Craigs on it"

I would love RoR some of these proposals are absured, we dont know if we are dealing for an elite defensive foward capable of 60+ points or a elite defensive foward with who doesnt contribute much offensively.

Last edited by 1972: 02-13-2013 at 06:10 PM.
Old
02-13-2013, 07:16 PM
sabresandcanucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Regier View Post
I would love RoR some of these proposals are absured, we dont know if we are dealing for an elite defensive foward capable of 60+ points or a elite defensive foward with who doesnt contribute much offensively.
That logic cuts both ways. Colorado could say that about a number of our players. They have set his value high, either we pay up or we move on.

Old
02-13-2013, 07:28 PM
vcv
Deal with it

Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:

Grigs AND a useful roster player? Hell no.

Old
02-13-2013, 07:35 PM
"Craigs on it"

Quote:
That logic cuts both ways. Colorado could say that about a number of our players. They have set his value high, either we pay up or we move on.
Move on then

Old
02-13-2013, 07:39 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Regier View Post
they don't know if Ennis is a top 6 forward capable of 70+ points... or a secondary scorer who doesn't provide anything else...

it cuts both ways... dont just homer for the blue n gold.

Old
02-13-2013, 07:45 PM
stokes84

Send a message via AIM to stokes84
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
they don't know if Ennis is a top 6 forward capable of 70+ points... or a secondary scorer who doesn't provide anything else...

Except we have to pay this guy $5 million per season plus throw in a top prospect. So, no, it doesn't cut both ways at all.

Old
02-13-2013, 07:46 PM
"Craigs on it"

Quote:

When did I ever mention anything about Ennis jame?

We are talking about giving up 2 significant assets + a large contract a guy who we don't if he has the offensive ability.

Would I move Ennis+ for RoR? Absolutely, would I move Grigorenko in a package? Nope

Old
02-13-2013, 07:47 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:

Ennis will develop into a 50-55 points/ year player. I don't think he ever averages more. He may have a year lower, he may have a year higher. But overall actual production (not "on pace" crap) will average 50-55 points.

I said this last year and a few hammered me, but I still believe it. And until I'll proven wrong ... I'm right

With this opinion... Ennis, McNabb and a 2nd for ROR.

Old
02-13-2013, 07:51 PM
stokes84

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
Ennis will develop into a 50-55 points/ year player. I don't think he ever averages more. He may have a year lower, he may have a year higher. But overall actual production (not "on pace" crap) will average 50-55 points.

I said this last year and a few hammered me, but I still believe it. And until I'll proven wrong ... I'm right

Didn't you also say Stafford would never score 20 goals ever again at the beginning of last season? Keep on throwing out those declarations that don't mean a thing.

Old
02-13-2013, 07:54 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Originally Posted by stokes84 View Post
Didn't you also say Stafford would never score 20 goals ever again at the beginning of last season? Keep on throwing out those declarations that don't mean a thing.
No. But keep making crap up

Old
02-13-2013, 08:01 PM
SECRET SQUIRREL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Yep, I'm just bracing myself for when I hear ROR to Ottawa for Silfverberg + Wiercioch + Bishop, or to Boston for Johnny Boychuk + Ryan Spooner, or to Montreal for Eller + Tinordi.

At which point, I will rise from my desk chair, slowly walk across my office, calmly close the door, draw the blinds, and proceed to kick over all office furniture and one-arm everything off my desk.
Yeah, OMG, worst possible case scenario... That alone should add infinite amount of pressure on Darcy to do whatever it takes to get him.

Spezza-ROR-Turris
Bergeron-Seguin/Krejci-ROR

We would be lucky to finish 3rd in our own division for the next few years against center depth like that.

What do you think about a Ennis/Sekera + McNabb/Pysyk/McCabe + Adam package? I originally included Armia in the main ROR thread but he would only be included if it was the absolute deal breaker.

Old
02-13-2013, 08:01 PM
Eichel 9

Quote:

I would have to disagree with this. He already is basically a 50-55 point player right now at 23. I see him at least getting 60 points when he is at his best, and upwards of 70.

Old
02-13-2013, 08:11 PM
stokes84

Quote:
No. But keep making crap up
Sorry, thought it was you, maybe not. A regular poster here definitely made that proclamation last year.

Old
02-13-2013, 08:17 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Have My Baby Pierre View Post
I would have to disagree with this. He already is basically a 50-55 point player right now at 23. I see him at least getting 60 points when he is at his best, and upwards of 70.
Well, that's fine. I respect your opinion. When he actually achieves it more than once in his career (not "on pace" crap) I will quickly say "Wow! Ennis is more productive than I could of ever imagined".

Could you come on here and say something similar when he only achieves 50 points or less more than once?

Old
02-13-2013, 08:19 PM
Bearbait

We can't even be guaranteed he will sign with us, why would we give up a roster player and any top prospect to a team that can't even sign him?

Colorado is asking way too much at this point, the best negotiating tactic we could use right now is a big NO.

Then maybe the price will come down, if not, let the team that payed too much for him suffer

Old
02-13-2013, 08:29 PM
SECRET SQUIRREL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearbait View Post
We can't even be guaranteed he will sign with us, why would we give up a roster player and any top prospect to a team that can't even sign him?

Colorado is asking way too much at this point, the best negotiating tactic we could use right now is a big NO.

Then maybe the price will come down, if not, let the team that payed too much for him suffer
Yeah, lets just sit back and let 28 other teams be aggressive in trying to acquire him. Then when a team like Ottawa ponies up and gets him (just like Turris last year btw) we can see him shutting down CoHo or Grigorenko for the next decade. Sounds brilliant. Also, the worry of him not signing shouldn't really be an issue, it's Colorado that wont pay him what he wants, the team that does trade for him will.

Old
02-13-2013, 09:06 PM
Bearbait

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECRET SQUIRREL View Post
Yeah, lets just sit back and let 28 other teams be aggressive in trying to acquire him. Then when a team like Ottawa ponies up and gets him (just like Turris last year btw) we can see him shutting down CoHo or Grigorenko for the next decade. Sounds brilliant. Also, the worry of him not signing shouldn't really be an issue, it's Colorado that wont pay him what he wants, the team that does trade for him will.

Great plan, lets re-name Buffalo.... South Toronto...that way of thinking has worked so well for them over and over again......

Old
02-13-2013, 09:45 PM
La Cosa Nostra
Caporegime

Quote:

Ennis is 23 years old and already averages 54 points a season. He put up 49 points as a rookie with under 16 minutes a game. The year prior he put up 9 points in his first 10 games, and led the team in scoring in the playoffs. This year he is on a 59p/82gp pace. Wishful thinking that Ennis will fail to improve offensively.

Old
02-13-2013, 09:49 PM
Eichel 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post

Ennis is 23 years old and already averages 54 points a season. He put up 49 points as a rookie with under 16 minutes a game. The year prior he put up 9 points in his first 10 games, and led the team in scoring in the playoffs. This year he is on a 59p/82gp pace. Wishful thinking that Ennis will fail to improve offensively.
Apparently we can't use "on pace" as an argument, so I guess this season won't count at all

Old
02-13-2013, 09:53 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:

I have the same viewpoint... his production will fluctuate with role/linemates... but he's no more than a Versteeg.

remember all the clowns who thought Ennis was going to be the #1 center of the future

Old
02-13-2013, 09:55 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by stokes84 View Post
Sorry, thought it was you, maybe not. A regular poster here definitely made that proclamation last year.
do you think we've forgotten your prediction for Ennis before last season?

Old
02-13-2013, 09:58 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post

"on pace" is something you use when you know you are talking about an injury prone player...

and yes, his size makes him injury prone

why would anyone "wish" for him to fail to improve offensively??? that's just dumb

Closed Thread