HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
02-13-2013, 10:56 PM
hockeyalltheway
Get well soon, GMBM.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatWasNoAccident View Post
Well, who's it going to be from Bingo? Or is there a 7th already called up?
Already a 7th. Sens were rolling with Karlsson/Methot/Gonchar/Lundin/Phillips/Wiercioch/Benoit.

Might need another F if Michalek or Lats are out for a while though.

02-13-2013, 11:35 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

You guys are putting a serious test, and stress, on the BSens..next forward call up would be, um, well DD? On D besides Boro, Lebda?

Old
02-13-2013, 11:37 PM
hockeyalltheway
Get well soon, GMBM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski View Post
You guys are putting a serious test, and stress, on the BSens..next forward call up would be, um, well DD? On D besides Boro, Lebda?
Believe me, Ski, I'm sure we'd both rather not go through the call-up route again. Poor Binghamton is getting decimated, between injuries and call-ups.

Old
02-13-2013, 11:38 PM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
Oh right I forgot about Weircoch because I saw him play tonight which was because of the 9MM injury. Couldn't recall who the 7th was. So they have 6 and it may not be necessary to carry a 7th - not sure how that works or if there are money / waiver considerations.

If another forward comes up I think Hoff may get the call, or it could be Grant. Reasoning: MacLean may anticipate his team being more on the defencive for upcoming games so he may need a good defencive player to help protect in critical situations. Grant has been outstanding especially with his shorthanded goals.

Old
02-13-2013, 11:40 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Quote:
Oh right I forgot about Weircoch because I saw him play tonight which was because of the 9MM injury. Couldn't recall who the 7th was. So they have 6 and it may not be necessary to carry a 7th - not sure how that works or if there are money / waiver considerations.

If another forward comes up I think Hoff may get the call, or it could be Grant. Reasoning: MacLean may anticipate his team being more on the defencive for upcoming games so he may need a good defencive player to help protect in critical situations. Grant has been outstanding especially with his shorthanded goals.
Hoff out indefinitely w/ shoulder..

Old
02-13-2013, 11:43 PM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
Quote:
Hoff out indefinitely w/ shoulder..
Ooops. Sorry tough to focus since the NHL has returned.

Old
02-14-2013, 12:02 AM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Although it would hurt Bingo & I wouldn't want that, but I would love to see Ottawa call up Gryba, DD & Grant. Would also like to see Daugavins placed on waivers & sent back to Bingo.

Old
02-14-2013, 12:05 AM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
Although it would hurt Bingo & I wouldn't want that, but I would love to see Ottawa call up Gryba, DD & Grant. Would also like to see Daugavins placed on waivers & sent back to Bingo.
This post is so wrong..

Old
02-14-2013, 12:12 AM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
This post is so wrong..
I like those three. We'll send back Daugavins, Regin & Benoit.

Old
02-14-2013, 12:18 AM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

I think Gryba definitely deserves a shot, but it's more about the current circumstances than the fact that he's truly earned a chance to play. I would think Boro is the defacto but I don't know if there's a waiver issue and he'll be unprotected.

Old
02-14-2013, 12:23 AM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
I think Gryba definitely deserves a shot, but it's more about the current circumstances than the fact that he's truly earned a chance to play. I would think Boro is the defacto but I don't know if there's a waiver issue and he'll be unprotected.
There is no waiver issue with Boro, he has already been up & down a couple of times. Same for Gryba no waiver issue, Benoit would have to go through waivers though.

Old
02-14-2013, 12:41 AM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

I really don't see the need for Benoit to go down. But I think Ottawa should carry a 7th in case history repeats itself. Who's next, Phillips? Gonchar? I shudder to think.

Old
02-14-2013, 01:39 AM
DrEasy
Waiting for Methot

Boro is probably going to be called up immediately.

Old
02-14-2013, 08:33 AM
sens83

No, Boro came back down here to Bingo last weekend. Boro probably gets the call. However, at this point, I don't blame Murray for making a big move and selling the farm to salvage the season.

You've got a guy playing like a Venzia winner and another like a repeat Norris winner, and Matt Cooke ruins your life. Unacceptable. I say they sign Lessard just for good measure for one game up there in O-Town.

Old
02-14-2013, 09:01 AM
tenpinsplit

Quote:
Originally Posted by sens83 View Post
No, Boro came back down here to Bingo last weekend. Boro probably gets the call. However, at this point, I don't blame Murray for making a big move and selling the farm to salvage the season.

You've got a guy playing like a Venzia winner and another like a repeat Norris winner, and Matt Cooke ruins your life. Unacceptable. I say they sign Lessard just for good measure for one game up there in O-Town.
it appears only one more game against the penguins (unless i am missing one) and i say sign Mike Sgroi for that game. the guy is a loose cannon and who cares what happens to him. let him go ape **** for that game.

Old
02-14-2013, 09:11 AM
hockeyalltheway
Get well soon, GMBM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toe2toe View Post
it appears only one more game against the penguins (unless i am missing one) and i say sign Mike Sgroi for that game. the guy is a loose cannon and who cares what happens to him. let him go ape **** for that game.

The return of Frankie Lessard!

Old
02-14-2013, 09:30 AM
Quo
pigeon

Frankie Lessard - Cornwall River King

Old
02-14-2013, 10:11 AM
SixthSens
Global Moderator
RIP Kev

Has Gryba turned it around this season?

Old
02-14-2013, 10:17 AM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixthSens View Post
Has Gryba turned it around this season?
SixtrhSens:

Yes he is like +24 this season......

Eric Gryba deserves a shot up top he has earned it.........

Old
02-14-2013, 11:11 AM
God Says No

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZekeA View Post
SixtrhSens:

agreed. i think he's the best choice right now from the ahl d. on top of that he's a rhs. boro got a shot already, it's time to see how gryba looks in the bigs.

Old
02-14-2013, 12:40 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
SixtrhSens:

I've been a fan of Gryba for a while & am glad that he has really done well this season & would love to see him get called up. However, even with Karlsson gone for the yr Ottawa still has six defensemen & that's all they really need. They could just go with those six until one of them gets hurt & then call Boro or Gryba up. Both need to keep playing & it doesn't do anyone any good to be sitting & not playing.

We'll see what happens but they may wait before calling anyone up. Also unlike us & what we would want them to do, management doesn't always call up tough guys when they are going to be playing a tough team. At least we haven't seen this team do that before that I can recall.

Old
02-14-2013, 01:05 PM
SixthSens
Global Moderator
RIP Kev

Quote:
SixtrhSens:

Thanks Zeke. I'd like to see him get a chance in Ottawa sometime this year.

Old
02-14-2013, 01:07 PM
Berserker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by toe2toe View Post

Bring back Yablonski and sign Trevor Gillies. I think their KHL seasons should be done by then and they are both loose cannons. Have both of them go after Cooke.

Old
02-14-2013, 01:12 PM
Berserker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
I like those three. We'll send back Daugavins, Regin & Benoit.
I think Ski was referring to the fact that you would be gutting Bingo if we called up those three. Gryba is the number 1 damn who plays the most minutes and also plays 2nd PP unit and 1st pk unit. Grant and DD are on the 1st/2nd line (I don't know the line order anymore with the roster scrambled) who play the 1st pk unit, are 1st and 2nd in terms of 3 on 5 unit and even play a bit of PP time.

All three are deserving of a call up, but calling up all three at the same time if you don't absolutely have to would be devastating to Bingo.

Old
02-14-2013, 02:30 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
I think Ski was referring to the fact that you would be gutting Bingo if we called up those three. Gryba is the number 1 damn who plays the most minutes and also plays 2nd PP unit and 1st pk unit. Grant and DD are on the 1st/2nd line (I don't know the line order anymore with the roster scrambled) who play the 1st pk unit, are 1st and 2nd in terms of 3 on 5 unit and even play a bit of PP time.

All three are deserving of a call up, but calling up all three at the same time if you don't absolutely have to would be devastating to Bingo.

Calling those 3 players is not going to turn around Ottawa's season, and on top of that, it would be the final blow to Binghamton's season..so this would be a no win scenario for both clubs..keep plugging the farm and developing for future fortunes..

Closed Thread