HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

A logjam at the center position?

Old
07-08-2006, 11:58 PM
Speedtrials

vCash: 500
A logjam at the center position?

I was curious of what everyone's take is with what we are going to do with the center position. Obviously Nylander, and Cullen are basically guarenteed spots. Who fills the other two spots? I think most of us want to see Immonen up, but then he takes either Betts, or Moore's spot. Also there is the talk of Greg Moore having a legitimate shot at a spot. Now I am all for Betts, Moore, Immonen, and G. Moore, fighting for a spot at training camp. However what happens with the players that dont win a spot. Dominic Moore I'm sure would not be happy at all about going to the minors, but it is possible he could be moved to wing. Betts is another guy who I dont think would be willing to go to the minors again. Immonen, has nothing new to learn in the minors. G. Moore would probably not put up a fuss of being sent back down, however, if he can provide more than the others, he obviously should not be sent down. Personally I would love to see immonen, and G. Moore win spots, have D. Moore moved to wing, because I dont want to lose his penalty killing, and then maybe Betts moved for a pick. What are your guy's thoughts?

Speedtrials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 12:01 AM
JELLY

I guess I would be okay for that. I mean though if G. Moore could kill penalties, it can work, it would also be a shame to waste Immonen on PK, when he should be doing just the opposite, also Dominic Moore is perfect for the 4th line, I want him to say in some capacity.

JELLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 12:26 AM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedtrials View Post
I was curious of what everyone's take is with what we are going to do with the center position. Obviously Nylander, and Cullen are basically guarenteed spots. Who fills the other two spots? I think most of us want to see Immonen up, but then he takes either Betts, or Moore's spot. Also there is the talk of Greg Moore having a legitimate shot at a spot. Now I am all for Betts, Moore, Immonen, and G. Moore, fighting for a spot at training camp. However what happens with the players that dont win a spot. Dominic Moore I'm sure would not be happy at all about going to the minors, but it is possible he could be moved to wing. Betts is another guy who I dont think would be willing to go to the minors again. Immonen, has nothing new to learn in the minors. G. Moore would probably not put up a fuss of being sent back down, however, if he can provide more than the others, he obviously should not be sent down. Personally I would love to see immonen, and G. Moore win spots, have D. Moore moved to wing, because I dont want to lose his penalty killing, and then maybe Betts moved for a pick. What are your guy's thoughts?
Greg Moore is not a center, but a winger. Dominic Moore, is a center, but plays better on the wing. I'd rather deal Dominic and try and get a pick for him to use in a deal for someone else.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 12:59 AM
FLYLine24*

Id rather D. Moore leave the team because IMO he plays worse at wing then center and we have no room for him. G.Moore plays RW but can play center (but is much better at RW).

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 08:28 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Id rather D. Moore leave the team because IMO he plays worse at wing then center and we have no room for him. G.Moore plays RW but can play center (but is much better at RW).
Agreed. I love Dom's spirit, but he is a flawed player (unless he makes tremendous strides this offseason). Fast and tenacious, yes, but too small, doesn't win faceoffs, doesn't have a particularly good shot, has strictly average puck handling abilities and, worst of all, is a center that doesn't make the players around him better in any way, shape or form. I very much believe that if Dom Moore had a European name and had been drafted by another team, there would be a lot of people on these boards calling for his head.

We would be better served with Betts as our 4th line center and whatever we can get in return for Dom on the market (and I would think that he has enough value to provide perhaps a late 2nd/early 3rd round pick).

BrooklynRangersFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 09:34 AM
CJB

If the Rangers really want to make room for maybe Immonen to center the third line role to start the season and Betts being move down. What they can do is just not qualify Moore and let him be a UFA.

CJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 09:37 AM
RangerSteve

Send a message via MSN to RangerSteve
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJB View Post
If the Rangers really want to make room for maybe Immonen to center the third line role to start the season and Betts being move down. What they can do is just not qualify Moore and let him be a UFA.
And lose him for nothing?BAH! I say we hold onto him and then move him if we feel the need to. Get SOMETHING for the guy at least..

RangerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 09:44 AM
CJB

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerSteve View Post
And lose him for nothing?BAH! I say we hold onto him and then move him if we feel the need to. Get SOMETHING for the guy at least..
I was just suggesting since the thread is about a logjam at the center position a way of opening a spot in the current center ice position for a player like Immonen or maybe Helminen whom are going to be better players than Dominic Moore.

You MIGHT get something...but not anything of worth.

CJB is offline   Reply With Quote