HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part XLIX All talk from around the league here

Closed Thread

Old
02-13-2013, 10:19 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Even though it's Matt Cooke I'm not sure that was a good thing for Murray to say. Pretty much saying it was intentional because Cooke did it.
Can't blame him. Matt Cooke created his own reputation.
Murray wouldn't have said that if it was Dupuis, or any other player without the ''dirty'' labeling.

Old
02-13-2013, 10:19 PM
Craig71

It looked kind of suspicious to me. I wonder why he made what looked like a stomp to Karlssons lower leg? He did'nt need to do that, I might be totally wrong but it looked dirty to me.

Old
02-13-2013, 10:29 PM
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH

We could compare Matt Cooke's case to one of a convicted serial killer, trying to convince people that his latest murder was just an accident.

I'm sorry, but the burden is on his shoulders. If he cannot prove, without a doubt, that this was not intentional, then the appropriate sanctions should be taken against him.

What really blows my mind is how some people are still giving him the benefit of the doubt. Seriously, what more do you need, guys?

Here are 2 FACTS :

1- With the images that we have, it's impossible to say without a doubt if the Cooke/Karlsson incident was intentional or not. Anybody that is drawing clear conclusions out of it is clueless.

2- Matt Cooke is the dirtiest hockey player of the modern era and has a history of landing cheap shots on star players with the intent of injuring them.

The logical conclusion should be : With the evidence that we have, we need to consider it as a possibility that Cooke might have injured Karlsson intentionally.

Shanahan inquiry and interviews should, hopefully, help resolve this.

Old
02-13-2013, 10:32 PM
No Style Points

wowowow that cut to Karlsson's Achilles looks awful not only did my pool just die a little bit, but the Senators are completely ****ed now. yay?

Karlsson is one of my favorite non-Habs

Old
02-13-2013, 10:33 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

It looked like an accident but it could have been intentional too. It's really 50-50 for me. I can't decide.

Honestly it was a weird move where he raised his leg in the air going in the corner. And it's Cooke.. the pukest of the pukes. If there's one guy who would do it, it's him.

I don't know.

Old
02-13-2013, 10:35 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post
We could compare Matt Cooke's case to one of a convicted serial killer, trying to convince people that his latest murder was just an accident.

I'm sorry, but the burden is on his shoulders. If he cannot prove, without a doubt, that this was not intentional, then the appropriate sanctions should be taken against him.

What really blows my mind is how some people are still giving him the benefit of the doubt. Seriously, what more do you need, guys?

Here are 2 FACTS :

1- With the images that we have, it's impossible to say without a doubt if the Cooke/Karlsson incident was intentional or not. Anybody that is drawing clear conclusions out of it is clueless.

2- Matt Cooke is the dirtiest hockey player of the modern era and has a history of landing cheap shots on star players with the intent of injuring them.

The logical conclusion should be : With the evidence that we have, we need to consider it as a possibility that Cooke might have injured Karlsson intentionally.

Shanahan inquiry and interviews should, hopefully, help resolve this.
A lengthy suspension would not affect the Penguins greatly but the act will have a terrible effect on the Senators. I'm in favor of suspending Cooke for the rest of the season. His previous gross misconduct should be taken into maximum consideration.

Old
02-13-2013, 10:42 PM
Frankenheimer

Intentional or not, that was reckless. They should apply the same rule to skates as they do to high sticks.

Old
02-13-2013, 10:43 PM
sheed36

I agree with what Aaron Ward said during the int during the Flames/Stars game describing the play. Looked like a hockey play that ended in a freak accident. If that makes me, Aaron Ward and many others clueless then so be it.

Old
02-13-2013, 10:58 PM
Miller Time

i understand how some, even many, view it as "accidental"...

i just don't see it that way.

look at the video again (slow or fast, albeit harder to notice at full speed), and focus not on his foot, but on his hips and his center of balance/gravity.

when he steps down toward Karlsson's leg, his hips/balance don't shift at all to the left, which is pretty solid evidence that he wasn't extending his left leg with the purpose of putting it to the ice/bearing weight on it.
why else would he bring his foot down if not to put weight/balance on it?

also, when you look again at his balance/hips as he lifts the foot away after stepping on Karlsson, there is again no shift whatsoever. That right leg is firmly planted and loaded with all of his weight through both the extension and retraction of his kicking leg...

anyone who has dabble in martial arts will appreciate the importance of 1-legged balance/stability while executing most forms of kick.

do I think Cooke was trying to cut Karlsson? who knows (though his past history certainly indicates an individual with very little regard/empathy for his peers).

but I think the video evidence I've seen makes it pretty clear that his leg went down and up with no other reasonable purpose but to initiate contact with Karlsson... while it might have been intended as just a little nudge or extra shot, and while he may have lost the awarness of how dangerous a skate blade can be, the outcome is what it is.

imo not much different than chara's incident with Pacioretty. for all his excuses, which the league and many other observers bought completely, the video (and past history) evidence there also showed an act that was done with intent, even if the outcome achieved may not have been the full intention.

Old
02-13-2013, 11:05 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Nobody knows what Cooke's intention was but we know his style so I have my doubts.

It's like the Chara/Pacioretty incident. Nobody can really tell what Chara's intention was except him but in that case, I'm pretty sure he knew exactly what he was doing. The little shove MaxPac gave him after scoring the OT goal in the last game and the score when it happened. It was not an accident or a simply unfortunate hockey play.

Old
02-13-2013, 11:32 PM
Craig71

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
I agree with what Aaron Ward said during the int during the Flames/Stars game describing the play. Looked like a hockey play that ended in a freak accident. If that makes me, Aaron Ward and many others clueless then so be it.
A large factor in all of this is the history of the player involved. They said the hockey play statement when Chara broke Pacioretty's neck. It did'nt make us feel better or any less angry.

Old
02-14-2013, 12:21 AM
habsfanatics

Cammy with a hatrick, 11 points now after missing 3 games, not bad for a bum.

Old
02-14-2013, 12:21 AM
thewall

Hat Trick + 1 assist for Cammy.... 7 points in his last 2 games....

wish we had the Cammalleri of the playoffs during the regular season too!

Old
02-14-2013, 12:30 AM
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

There's not way Cooke did it intentionally. He's not a surgeon. No way he could go for it on purpose and do it as easily and cleanly/quickly/neat as this.

As for Cammalleri, good for him. Gotta find a reason why this team pays him 7M this year and next. Still won't get Calgary any closer to the top with their core of 33 years old players.

Old
02-14-2013, 12:31 AM
Top Corner2

ouch....tough for Ottawa....they are toast now.

Old
02-14-2013, 12:35 AM
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
There's not way Cooke did it intentionally. He's not a surgeon. No way he could go for it on purpose and do it as easily and cleanly/quickly/neat as this.

As for Cammalleri, good for him. Gotta find a reason why this team pays him 7M this year and next. Still won't get Calgary any closer to the top with their core of 33 years old players.
No need to be a surgeon to hit with your skate. Nobody pretends that he intentionally aimed at his tendon. But anybody can give a hit with a skate.

Old
02-14-2013, 12:41 AM
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post
No need to be a surgeon to hit with your skate. Nobody pretends that he intentionally aimed at his tendon. But anybody can give a hit with a skate.
He moved his skate in a slicing motion. Come on now. No player would be able to aim like that in such a situation, in a one on one.

If this incident happens in the AHL between two nobodies, nobody is even talking about it here. Hockey is a contact sport, with skates that are sharpened more than razor blades. The odd freak injury will happen. But I don't buy for one second that Cooke had any intention to cut Karlsson from behind like that, from a weird angle like this. The guy is a real *******, but he's not a psychopath. People should take a step back and think about it before throwing accusations.

Old
02-14-2013, 12:42 AM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewall View Post
Hat Trick + 1 assist for Cammy.... 7 points in his last 2 games....

wish we had the Cammalleri of the playoffs during the regular season too!
Cammalleri's play during the regular season helped ensure that the Habss wouldn't make the playoffs. Compare Plekanec this season with last. He might as well have been playing with a pinata on his LW.

Old
02-14-2013, 12:47 AM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanatics View Post
Cammy with a hatrick, 11 points now after missing 3 games, not bad for a bum.
An empty netter and 3 points against superstar goaltender Richard Bachman. It was a tight game too I mean only 11goals.

Old
02-14-2013, 01:19 AM
le_sean

I even doubt the old, dirty Cooke would have purposely cut someone with his skate, let alone this new, reformed Cooke. No way was that intentional.

Old
02-14-2013, 01:20 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Thing is...while it does look accidental...you just wonder what his skate was doing there....Tried to contain him with his leg? Maybe. You do have to give him the benefit of the doubt as it's not clear as day....but there will always be doubters. And frankly...I don't care. Cooke build that reputation for himself. He has to live with it now.

Old
02-14-2013, 01:21 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

On another topic...awesome acquisition for Columbus with Kekelainen. Now....trade Eller to Columbus and get them to overpay since he drafted him when he was in St-Louis...But then....overpay....in Columbus.....might not work. Keep Eller.

Old
02-14-2013, 02:14 AM
Dont Poke Subban
25th is coming.

anybody know what happened to cammy's front teeth? lol how the f did he lose them?!!

Old
02-14-2013, 02:31 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagielski41 View Post
anybody know what happened to cammy's front teeth? lol how the f did he lose them?!!
Knowing cammy, probably brushing his teeth. Wasn't in a board battle.

Old
02-14-2013, 06:57 AM
Patvolcom65
@Patvolcom65

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTimer11 View Post
wowowow that cut to Karlsson's Achilles looks awful not only did my pool just die a little bit, but the Senators are completely ****ed now. yay?

Karlsson is one of my favorite non-Habs
Yep...only Karlsson was saving us right now..

Cowen,Spezza,Karlsson out for season..then Michalek, Regin, Lats out..

Gonchar-Methot
Wier-Phillips
Lundin-Benoit
Boro

Closed Thread