HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

What's the potential of Hansen

View Poll Results: What's the potential of Hansen
Top 6 scorer 28 16.87%
Career third liner - albeit a good one 120 72.29%
Third/fourth liner 5 3.01%
Yes 26 15.66%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-12-2013, 02:28 AM
TTOMO

vCash: 500
Borderline 2nd liner, mostly 3rd liner. I could see 20-30 goals at his peak. Ultimately, I voted top 6 because it wouldn't surprise me if it happened.

TTOMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 02:37 AM
David Booth Fan

Send a message via MSN to David Booth Fan
Top 6 on a weaker team. 3rd line on the Canucks, but a very important part of the puzzle.

David Booth Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 03:54 AM
Sayonara77
Farewell Kes

I see his maximum ceiling: 40-45 point, two way very good third liner.

Sayonara77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 10:25 PM
Pseudonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudonymous01 View Post
he definitely hasn't reached his peak. and whether you claim he can be a 2nd or 3rd liner depends on the team really. even right now, he could be a 2nd liner on quite a few times. 16 goals playing third line minutes will get you on a 2nd line on certain teams. remember, we're the back to back presidents trophy winners, we're deeper than most teams

the guy will put up 20 goals within the next season or two, without a doubt
and that goal is why i think his potential is higher than now

BEAUTY GOAL

Pseudonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 11:43 PM
Carl Carlson

I can see him becoming a top 5 3rd line player in the league. The kind of player highly coveted by all teams. He's also more than capable of filling in a top 6 role if injuries occur. I'm also predicting he'll have a massive playoffs for us this year.

Carl Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 11:55 PM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

vCash: 250
Remember how he didn't even really celebrate when he scored that breakaway goal in Minny? Honey Badger don't give a *******.

vanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:13 AM
Shareefruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayonara77 View Post
I see his maximum ceiling: 40-45 point, two way very good third liner.
That's what he is right now.

Shareefruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 03:01 AM
VanCanucks14

I don't know why people keep trying to push Hansen as something more than a very good third liner. He's not a top 6 forward and isn't at his best there at all. Some players are just bottom 6 forwards and in Hansen's case, he's the perfect third liner. He's destined for that role and does an excellent job of being a third line winger. Nothing more though. And that's perfectly fine.

VanCanucks14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 09:48 AM
Shareefruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanCanucks17 View Post
I don't know why people keep trying to push Hansen as something more than a very good third liner. He's not a top 6 forward and isn't at his best there at all. Some players are just bottom 6 forwards and in Hansen's case, he's the perfect third liner. He's destined for that role and does an excellent job of being a third line winger. Nothing more though. And that's perfectly fine.
Because he's trending in that direction rapidly. He plays a third line game, but he's becoming more than that.

I don't understand how anyone can watch him develop into what he is now and not think he'll eventually be where Burrows is right now-- A third line style legitimate second liner. He's almost there already.

Don't get me wrong, I'm fine with him staying where he is, but that doesn't look likely, IMO. His talent has improved every year.

People are too stuck onto their labels for what style of game players play, IMO. You never would have guessed that he had playmaking abilities a few years ago either.

IMO, the only offensive area he needs to develop before becoming a legitimate top 6 is breakaways and slightly improving his shooting instincts (which are already getting pretty good)

If anything, his potential is underrated around here. He's never going to be a dominant offensive dynamo who carries his own line, but he's very very close to being the perfect top six support player like Burrows is.

Normally, I don't like when people use the "well, look at what Burrows did" argument so easily, but Hansen has followed his development path stride for stride and is literally right behind him. (off the Sedin line, he does not even completely look like the inferior player).

Last edited by Shareefruck: 02-13-2013 at 09:54 AM.
Old
02-13-2013, 10:07 AM
GoTeamDom

Hansen is excellent in the role he is playing.

If he could somehow improve on his hands, I see a 25G/50pt ceiling for him.

He doesn't have enough finish or instinct to be a Parise type. He doesn't dominate in the corners like a Morrow type. His passing is not good enough to be a Burrows type.

If he could, however, sky's the limit. But you could say the same things about Dale Wiese.

GoTeamDom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 10:09 AM
Tiranis

I'm just glad we have him signed for one more year. Having to re-sign him and Raymond both the same year if they keep playing like this would've been a nightmare.

Tiranis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 10:10 AM
ddawg1950

Type of guy you go to war with.

One of my favorites.

ddawg1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:38 PM
StilesBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by StilesBC View Post
The Danish equivalent of Wayne Gretzky.

Or, "The Danish Gretzky" as my friends and I have come to know him.
After the pre-game yesterday I told him to "be the Danish Gretzky" as he walked up the tunnel. So I'll just go ahead and take credit for his 1st star performance. I was giggling like a schoolgirl as he almost set up a goal from "Gretzky's office" in the 1st. Went nuts when he sniped the second goal.

Hansen Jersey? I think yes. New favourite Canuck!

StilesBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:45 PM
Samzilla

vCash: 934
Hansen's sniped two nice goals against Minny lately. Could his hands actually be catching up with his feet?!?!

Samzilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 01:10 PM
Wizeman*

Look at Raymond. Look at Hansen. Look at Schneiders contract. lol. Look at Edler's contract.

Someone tell me Gillis is NOT a great GM and AV is not a great coach? AV developed :

Bieksa

Burrows

Kesler

Raymond

Hansen

Edler

Tanev

All these guys only Ryan Kesler was a first round pick . Raymond was a second but cmon, even the Red Wings would have to envy this type of development.

Schneider is a textbook development.

We are very lucky to have Gillis and AV.

Wizeman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 01:13 PM
Wisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samzilla View Post
Hansen's sniped two nice goals against Minny lately. Could his hands actually be catching up with his feet?!?!
He's shooting the puck a lot more than he did last season (so far). Last February he had 22 shots in 15 games. He's only played 5 games this month and has 18 already.

More shots, more pucks go in the net. Look no further than that.

Wisp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 02:42 PM
Catamarca Livin

Hansen contract is excellent. His versatility hurts his personal stats. If he was not such a forechecker/backchecker his stats would improve. When he played with the Sedins he produced very well. People make fun of all the chances he gets, but he gets those chances because of his speed and strength on his skates. Not by cheating offensively. He should be making 3 plus million a year for what he brings. He is very physical and has the speed to hit good players watch him with Doughty. It is great that he is playing with an offensive center so you can see his offensive skills. Love Lapierre and Manny(before injury) but neither one has ever been accused of being a play maker.

Catamarca Livin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 11:40 PM
Shareefruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoTeamDom View Post
Hansen is excellent in the role he is playing.

If he could somehow improve on his hands, I see a 25G/50pt ceiling for him.

He doesn't have enough finish or instinct to be a Parise type. He doesn't dominate in the corners like a Morrow type. His passing is not good enough to be a Burrows type.

If he could, however, sky's the limit. But you could say the same things about Dale Wiese.
What? Burrows passing is not significantly better than Hansen's. Where Burrows trumps him is the effectiveness of his shooting instincts, his ability on breakaways, his positioning, and his clutchness.

But let's not pretend Hansen doesn't have offensive qualities that these other players don't either.

Old
02-13-2013, 11:48 PM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

vCash: 250
Hansen's passing ability might be better than Burr's, actually.

vanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 12:10 AM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

vCash: 341
Hansen mad!!!!

AndyPipkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 12:20 AM
Shareefruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanuck View Post
Hansen's passing ability might be better than Burr's, actually.
Outside of his ability to make Sedin-like passes when playing with the Sedins, I totally agree. He's a better pure passer.

Old
02-14-2013, 12:24 AM
LeftCoast

If he were used in an offensive role, his stats would be much better. He has a great all round tool set. Offensively, he is as good in transition as he is on the cycle game. But his value is in his utility - he can play pretty much any role. I said this last year, but if he could learn to take face offs he could easily earn $1M more per year.

LeftCoast is offline   Reply With Quote