HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Seguin + for Ovechkin?

Old
02-08-2013, 12:49 PM
MessierII

vCash: 500
Your not going to get anything + for Ovy right now. Hate to say this but with that contract his value is essentially negative.

MessierII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 01:00 PM
redsox7327

Why does this thread exist.

redsox7327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 01:23 PM
Canadiens Ghost
Mr. Objectivity

I'm flabbergasted a Bruins fan made the initial proposal.

Canadiens Ghost is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 01:46 PM
Extra Texture
Slurpy in the house

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusForever View Post
Are you guys joking? Ovi is leaps and bounds worth more than seguin. Seguin is worth a lot but ovi even in this form is still a top 15 forward in the league
Right. Sure.

Now take into account that this is 2013, and that Ovechkin is on the hook for 76 million dollar over 9 more years after this season.

And the fact that Seguin is younger, much cheaper (and locked up for another six years) and, most importantly, well on his way to stardom.

My point is Seguin is going to get better and be better value for his contract, whereas nobody knows what the hell is going to happen to Ovechkin

Extra Texture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 02:00 PM
Passchendaele

Quote:
Originally Posted by mich25 View Post
Alexander Ovechkin - 20 years old - $984,200

2005/2006 Season
81 GP
52 G
44 A
106 P

Ovechkin 1st full year in NHL 106 pts, then respectively 92, 112, 110, 109, 85, 65 pts. Who knows what's to come. But I think this is a player that will bounce back.

Seguin 1st full year in NHL 67 pts.....what's to come?
Wayne Gretzky 1981-82: 80 GP 92 G 120 A 212 PTS.

So obviously 52 year old Gretzky > Crosby

Passchendaele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 02:26 PM
jmeehan1985

Why would Boston want to trade Seguin? I'm all set with a 9.5 mil cap hit of Ovi. Boston has set them selfs up for years with smart contracts given and flexibility to add to help our team. Adding a player like Ovi would make it more difficult to resign players when the cap is dropping next year. Big no thank you from Boston.

jmeehan1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 02:54 PM
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid

vCash: 137
You mean Seguin for Ovechkin ++

Benny FTW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 03:37 PM
Alberta_OReilly_Fan
Bruin fan since 1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGuy14 View Post
Taking cap into account, I'd much, much, much rather have Seguin.

Even on his second contract he will still only be making 60% of what Ovechkin makes while producing probably identical offensive numbers and much greater defensive acumen.
to be fair to myself and i guess people didnt read this... but washington would have to eat alot of ovechkins contract before boston can afford him.

so im actually thinking ovechkin would cost half his current money to boston... making him very affordable to us. Washington might end up having to give seguin a raise in a few years.

so im actually saying ovechkin would be cheaper for us... i wouldnt otherwise support this deal

Alberta_OReilly_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 03:41 PM
Alberta_OReilly_Fan
Bruin fan since 1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extra Texture View Post
Right. Sure.

Now take into account that this is 2013, and that Ovechkin is on the hook for 76 million dollar over 9 more years after this season.

And the fact that Seguin is younger, much cheaper (and locked up for another six years) and, most importantly, well on his way to stardom.

My point is Seguin is going to get better and be better value for his contract, whereas nobody knows what the hell is going to happen to Ovechkin
again if we are going with my origion post... i am sayign i wouldn take ovechkin unless washington eats alot of his contract.

yes seguin is younger.. but ovechkin is only signed until his mid 30's. seguin will reach ufa before ovehchkin will.

boston is in a win now mold... ready to win while chara is still around... and bergeron and lucic and company are in their prime. in 5-6 years we will probably be in a rebuild mold.

im more convinced ovechkin can help a team win for the next 5-6 years then i am that seguin would help as much...

if seguin fulfills his potential... he will become what ovechkin is already... but ovechkin has to really really really struggle not to be that

i think a change of scenery could return ovechkin to status as the best player in the NHL. I doubt seguin will ever be even in the top 10. So... as long as washington eats contract... then that is why i would potentially support this deal {depending what else Boston had to add and whether Ovechkin indicated he would be favorable to joining Boston}

Old
02-13-2013, 03:45 PM
Alberta_OReilly_Fan
Bruin fan since 1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierII View Post
Your not going to get anything + for Ovy right now. Hate to say this but with that contract his value is essentially negative.
i am suggesting Washington would eat 3-4 mill or more of teh contract so try to keep that in mind when responding meaningfully to this proposal.

Ovechkin at 6 mill per year or less... would cost us less then Seguin. I think ovechkin is a better player.

So better play at less money means that wed have to add to get him. I wouldnt take him unless washington ate some of the contract. That is the key to this proposal

Old
02-13-2013, 07:02 PM
TrickRider

Really can't see this trade happening. I think both sides would want more from the other.

TrickRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 10:02 PM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Reading all the Ovi proposals around you'd think that people are talking about Wojtek Wolski.
Insane. Ovi will score 25 this year or 40 next year. In the Caps jersey. Book it.

fedfed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 10:47 PM
startainfection

caps would need to add alot

startainfection is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 10:54 PM
Capathetic

People need to cool it with the Ovechkin threads. Hes not the problem in Washington. Is the contract large...sure. He is hockey for most casual fans and what hes done for the game makes paying him that much easier.

I still think hes an amazing player. His production slips from time to time but hes human. As long as hes compared to that near allstar forwards core they have in Pittsburgh and Tampa of course his numbers wont be as high.

Girioux was such a hottie last year....see it happens when the players around you are hurt or less talented. Philly and Girioux are missing Jagr imo.

Capathetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 11:02 PM
Capathetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by startainfection View Post
caps would need to add alot
Hes got 10 pts in 13 games in what still seems like a slump for him. While learning a new system and playing alot with Crabb and Beagle.

The caps Power play is red hot. 7 of its last 13 and thats a good sign hes about to continue his current pace or better in production.

The only thing the caps are adding are the reasons you wont be seeing Ovechkin traded. Get real.

Old
02-14-2013, 12:20 AM
thelittleredbaron
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowzak View Post
Seguin > Ovechkin?
Not a fan of either teams but seriously.Ovechkin 689 points in 566 games and 350 goals he is 27 years old. I know he only scored 38 goals last year and has only 10 points in 13 games this year but cmon! Its obvious their is something going on in DC,this guy is far from done.Seguin is a good player no doubt but to say more value than ovechkin,just cant agree with that at all.Potential superstar is wishful thinking,probably a great 70 point 2 way centre that everyone would love to have, which is pretty nice.

thelittleredbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 12:58 AM
mriswith

I'm amazed that almost no one realized OP has Washington keeping 3-4 mil of Ovechkin's cap.

Ovechkin with a 5.5 cap hit would bring an unbelievable return, absolutely Seguin+/++/+++.

mriswith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:09 AM
Man Bear Pig

Do it Boston. Please.

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 03:06 AM
jgoud

If you think Seguin is more valuable than Ovechkin you are obviously a bruins homer. It's different if you're talking about affording his contract but both players are on completely different levels and if you were to ask any GM or any unbiased real hockey fan, they would say Ovechkin is more valuable than Seguin. Even in a slump, you would have to overpay for Ovechkin so it would be at least Seguin++

jgoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 03:28 AM
BackWithaVengeance

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by schism View Post
I'm amazed that almost no one realized OP has Washington keeping 3-4 mil of Ovechkin's cap.

Ovechkin with a 5.5 cap hit would bring an unbelievable return, absolutely Seguin+/++/+++.
How dare you .

Your post makes way too much sense, get out of the thread.

BackWithaVengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 03:34 AM
Acallabeth
Play fair, post fair

Send a message via Skype™ to Acallabeth
Seguin +... Seguin will never ever be able to score 38 goals in limited minutes on an ultra-defensive team with psychological and playing struggles. It's an enormous question whether he is able of it at all - and it was a terrible year for AO.
Ovechkin will never ever be traded for a player that will never come anywhere close to his level.

Seguin would probably fetch Joel Ward. Look at all the prospect deals - nobody wants to trade for some "potential", GMs need players, not some fans' pipe dreams of 21 year old forwards just doubling their scoring every year. Prospects and young players are insanely overrated here.

Acallabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 04:30 AM
Capathetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acallabeth View Post
Seguin +... Seguin will never ever be able to score 38 goals in limited minutes on an ultra-defensive team with psychological and playing struggles. It's an enormous question whether he is able of it at all - and it was a terrible year for AO.
Ovechkin will never ever be traded for a player that will never come anywhere close to his level.

Seguin would probably fetch Joel Ward. Look at all the prospect deals - nobody wants to trade for some "potential", GMs need players, not some fans' pipe dreams of 21 year old forwards just doubling their scoring every year. Prospects and young players are insanely overrated here.
Ok...Im about as big of a caps homer on earth,but no effin way will Seguin get Ward.

Ovechkin is criminaly underrated around here lately...but Seguin with his potential and not to mention current acomplishments (cup) is a great player.

Old
02-14-2013, 04:47 AM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:

Seguin=Already better than OV defensively. Has won a cup. Put up 67 points at age 20.

OV is clearly on a downward spiral.

You are seriously insane if you think OV is miles ahead of Seguin in value. I'm guessing your passport may have something to do with your opinion. Joel Ward would fetch Seguin? right.

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 05:06 AM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

Quote:

Is this real life?

Seriously I understand your point that Ovie is severely underrated right now however there is no way that you are comparing these two in terms of value right?

Cory Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 05:38 AM
nmbr_24

As a Bruin fan I don't want to see Seguin traded because he is having a bit of a slow start. That is crazy talk. Ovechkin has been regressing every year to the point that he is overpaid by $4-5 million per year and his contract doesn't run out until 2021, Chiarelli won't even consider a player like that with that contract.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote