HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jonathan Bernier

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-13-2013, 06:54 PM
  #26
BROOKLYnKNIGHTS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,783
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdoughty View Post
He's ready to take on a starting role... where do you guys think he will end up and what return will he bring
I would love to trade Streit and Nabokov for Bernier

BROOKLYnKNIGHTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 07:31 PM
  #27
ORYX
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,474
vCash: 500
Surprised no one has suggested New Jersey yet. Both Brodeur and Hedberg are 40 and 39 respectively.

Something has to give there soon. I dont know their AHL goaltending depth, but with a 39 year old back up, you'd have to think it isnt strong.

You may get one more year out of Brodeur after this season, and do you really want to put all your eggs into that basket given his age? Would be wise to get a young tender who is almost ready or ready for #1 to share starts with the games best.

ORYX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 07:39 PM
  #28
Sergei Shirokov
Registered User
 
Sergei Shirokov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: British Columbia
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,079
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
So your saying Dubnyk hasn't proven himself.
Not to the level of Schneider/Luongo.

He can be absolutely rock solid at times, but he still has a habit of letting in bad goals at other times.

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 08:19 PM
  #29
SDig14
Registered User
 
SDig14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,585
vCash: 500
Dubnyk has been the Oilers most consistent player, and every game but 2 IMO he has been the Oilers best player.

Makes no sense to trade the assets needed to get Bernier and then sign him to an extension in the future.

Trade those some assets and spend that money to help fix the defense and address the lack of size in the lineup.

SDig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 08:27 PM
  #30
KingCanadain1976
Registered User
 
KingCanadain1976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,557
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOKLYnKNIGHTS View Post
I would love to trade Streit and Nabokov for Bernier
king s will not trade bernier for 2 freeagent sorry add ko and will add penner for cap reasons

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 08:28 PM
  #31
KingCanadain1976
Registered User
 
KingCanadain1976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,557
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORYX View Post
Surprised no one has suggested New Jersey yet. Both Brodeur and Hedberg are 40 and 39 respectively.

Something has to give there soon. I dont know their AHL goaltending depth, but with a 39 year old back up, you'd have to think it isnt strong.

You may get one more year out of Brodeur after this season, and do you really want to put all your eggs into that basket given his age? Would be wise to get a young tender who is almost ready or ready for #1 to share starts with the games best.
hedberg is signed for another year and on a nmc clause which i dont see him waviing Sadly as much as id love to see him go there cause i think they would use him right. I dont see that happening

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 08:44 PM
  #32
jmoss45
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: EDM
Posts: 852
vCash: 500
Ryan Whitney for Bernier, with the Oilers retaining some of Whitneys salary?

jmoss45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 08:48 PM
  #33
BROOKLYnKNIGHTS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,783
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
king s will not trade bernier for 2 freeagent sorry add ko and will add penner for cap reasons
KINGS are going to lose Bernier as a free agent if they dont trade him. His value is not that high and he hasnt played all that great this year. Every team in the league knows he cant stay in LA.

BROOKLYnKNIGHTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 08:51 PM
  #34
bobafettish*
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5,961
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOKLYnKNIGHTS View Post
KINGS are going to lose Bernier as a free agent if they dont trade him. His value is not that high and he hasnt played all that great this year. Every team in the league knows he cant stay in LA.
hes a RFA?

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 08:52 PM
  #35
bobafettish*
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5,961
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoss45 View Post
Ryan Whitney for Bernier, with the Oilers retaining some of Whitneys salary?
how about scuderi for yakupov.

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 08:53 PM
  #36
KingCanadain1976
Registered User
 
KingCanadain1976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,557
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOKLYnKNIGHTS View Post
KINGS are going to lose Bernier as a free agent if they dont trade him. His value is not that high and he hasnt played all that great this year. Every team in the league knows he cant stay in LA.
Hes rfa not ufa kings control him for at least 2 more years so yeah nice try

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 08:55 PM
  #37
KingCanadain1976
Registered User
 
KingCanadain1976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,557
vCash: 500
Also he only played two games one in relief which was his frist nhl game in 10 months The second game he won 4 1 against the blues thank for the opinion but it is wrong in this case

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 10:05 PM
  #38
kasper11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: New York
Posts: 6,816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
Ahh yeah no i think i ll aim where i am. As reported on tsn during intermission (feb 1st i belive) by darren Dreggar the kings are after a young top 6 player or top prospect and a 1st round pick is what dean lombardi is after. So what im asking is belived to be what dl is asking
That may be the asking price, but you can tell how many teams are willing to pay it by the fact that Bernier is still a King.

The fact is, goalies don't have a lot of value until they prove capable of playing at a high level in the NHL. When was the last time a goalie who was not already a starter was traded for significant value? It doesn't happen. It seems like until a goalie proves himself a 2nd is about the limit. Maybe Bernier can get a little more given his pedigree, but there is no way a team is going to give up a young top-6 or top prospect + a 1st.

kasper11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 10:13 PM
  #39
KingCanadain1976
Registered User
 
KingCanadain1976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,557
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper11 View Post
That may be the asking price, but you can tell how many teams are willing to pay it by the fact that Bernier is still a King.

The fact is, goalies don't have a lot of value until they prove capable of playing at a high level in the NHL. When was the last time a goalie who was not already a starter was traded for significant value? It doesn't happen. It seems like until a goalie proves himself a 2nd is about the limit. Maybe Bernier can get a little more given his pedigree, but there is no way a team is going to give up a young top-6 or top prospect + a 1st.
the fact is the king gm dean lombardi has gone on record stating he is not shoping jb nor will he. He has stated that jb will be a important peice to the kings cup repeat chances. There is serveral back to back game which he will play. This is the reason he s still a king, As i ve stated elsewhere the kings have no need to trade jb we are very happy with him as a backup. He will win key game like he as already this year See blues game. So everyone can think what they want its there right but the kings are sticking to there asking price. This price was confirmed by darren dregar on the air feb frist stating dl asking price is a young player or top prospect and a first. Like it or not this is the price.

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 11:12 PM
  #40
BROOKLYnKNIGHTS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,783
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
Hes rfa not ufa kings control him for at least 2 more years so yeah nice try
Im aware of his status but no way is he going to be happy as a backup next season

BROOKLYnKNIGHTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 11:21 PM
  #41
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoss45 View Post
Ryan Whitney for Bernier, with the Oilers retaining some of Whitneys salary?
I just yaked in my mouth a bit.....nope, wait......I just BLAAAAAAAAAAAAARGFH.





No, just......no.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 11:24 PM
  #42
KingCanadain1976
Registered User
 
KingCanadain1976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,557
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOKLYnKNIGHTS View Post
Im aware of his status but no way is he going to be happy as a backup next season
Happy or not hes still under the kings control yeah no big deal we dont have to get rid of him now

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 11:36 PM
  #43
Phaneuffan3
Beleafer
 
Phaneuffan3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The HC - Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCARFACE909 View Post
Not talking HF starting points, but it's believed Lombardi wants Frattin from Toronto in any Bernier deal.
Thanks. I wouldn't be willing to pay that for bernier. I don't really think we are compatible if that's the starting point

Phaneuffan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 11:42 PM
  #44
KingCanadain1976
Registered User
 
KingCanadain1976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,557
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaneuffan3 View Post
Thanks. I wouldn't be willing to pay that for bernier. I don't really think we are compatible if that's the starting point
Nope toronto and la doesnt make good trade partners when it comes to Bernier

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 12:56 AM
  #45
SDig14
Registered User
 
SDig14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,585
vCash: 500
Over the last few years we have seen lots of goalies traded: Craig Anderson, Semyon Varlamov, Jaroslav Halak, Bobrovsky, Lehtonen, Lindback, etc.

None of them have returned a package of a 1st + top prospect/roster player, and se of them are better and more proven than Bernier.

If that truly is the asking price the Kings will either keep him or come off their price.

I think getting a 1st in this draft for your backup goalie would be a good trade for them, asking for more seems greedy in comparison to recent deals.

SDig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 12:58 AM
  #46
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 12,579
vCash: 500
Doesn't matter what we think.

Matters what Lombardi does, and all sources say that Lombardi's price remains high.

So far, no team has been willing to pay it.

The Kings can even control Johnny B for another two years I believe(RFA).

So I don't see Lombardi coming off the price. Really no reason too.
It doesn't matter What Johnny B wants, he is stuck with the Kings.

Unless he wants to deep six his own career.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:02 AM
  #47
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 12,579
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post
Over the last few years we have seen lots of goalies traded: Craig Anderson, Semyon Varlamov, Jaroslav Halak, Bobrovsky, Lehtonen, Lindback, etc.

None of them have returned a package of a 1st + top prospect/roster player, and se of them are better and more proven than Bernier.

If that truly is the asking price the Kings will either keep him or come off their price.

I think getting a 1st in this draft for your backup goalie would be a good trade for them, asking for more seems greedy in comparison to recent deals.
All of that has nothing to do with Lombardi and his price.

Every player is different, Who knows, Lombardi may be asking for less(and still no one wants to pay it).

No one knows what Lombardi is asking for. Sources just say it's (high).

But really what does that mean ? High could be a 3rd rounder to some teams.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:07 AM
  #48
KingCanadain1976
Registered User
 
KingCanadain1976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,557
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
All of that has nothing to do with Lombardi and his price.

Every player is different, Who knows, Lombardi may be asking for less(and still no one wants to pay it).

No one knows what Lombardi is asking for. Sources just say it's (high).

But really what does that mean ? High could be a 3rd rounder to some teams.
Very true to all you have said. I can only add maybe dean doesnt want to trade him and thats why the asking price is set to scare off teams and when hes ready to trade will lower it slighty and get it.

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:35 AM
  #49
TopT
Registered User
 
TopT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Georgetown, KY
Country: Cayman Islands
Posts: 733
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
A team like Winnipeg would be a good fit for him. Maybe a 2nd and a low end prospect.
sure

TopT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 05:06 AM
  #50
Minor Boarding
Registered User
 
Minor Boarding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Corleone
Posts: 1,350
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoss45 View Post
Ryan Whitney for Bernier, with the Oilers retaining some of Whitneys salary?
If serious:


Last edited by Minor Boarding: 02-14-2013 at 05:18 AM.
Minor Boarding is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:35 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.