HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

For the Best Long term ?

Old
02-13-2013, 11:27 PM
SilverSeven

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by source View Post
get him!!!!!

SilverSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 11:28 PM
malcolmedge

Sami Salo lost half a year and went on to help lead his team to Game 7 of the SCF. Seriously, Salo was 36 when it happened and it was a complete rupture, not a cut. Karlsson is an amazing player, and only Sens management know what to expect. No suicide tonight, okay.

The other silver lining everyone is forgetting about is now Spezza comes back only when he is 100%. There will be no rush for him at all.

Sad to see the Alfie era end tonight. I see him westward bound. He will barley leave Ottawa, but he will never want to play against them either.

malcolmedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 11:35 PM
Security Guard Chang*
Chang's Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by source View Post

Security Guard Chang* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 11:44 PM
starling

vCash: 50
Andy is too good to let us finish bottom 5

starling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 11:44 PM
Caje

Well, at least we'll only have to suffer through half a season of tanking. Honestly, I'm probably overreacting here, but trade Anderson. His value is at an all-time high and even with him playing lights out, we're probably not going to make the playoffs. Without EK, Spezza and Anderson, we'll be a lock for a top 3 pick.

I'm so ****ing pissed right now. I hate Edmonton style tanking, but we've been so unlucky with year it's insane. Might as well take advantage of it some how.

Caje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 11:56 PM
JohnnySpectacular

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolmedge View Post
Sami Salo lost half a year and went on to help lead his team to Game 7 of the SCF. Seriously, Salo was 36 when it happened and it was a complete rupture, not a cut. Karlsson is an amazing player, and only Sens management know what to expect. No suicide tonight, okay.

The other silver lining everyone is forgetting about is now Spezza comes back only when he is 100%. There will be no rush for him at all.

Sad to see the Alfie era end tonight. I see him westward bound. He will barley leave Ottawa, but he will never want to play against them either.
If we Bourque him, I sincerely hope this is true. It'd be the saddest day of my Sens-fan life seeing Alfie play AGAINST the Sens.

JohnnySpectacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 12:05 AM
BlazingRoy
Cacaw

We are not bad enough to finish bottom 2. We have Anderson playing lights out and McLean with his system. We have an identity and a bunch of serviceable and good NHL players. Gonchar will have to take Karlsson's spot for now and Turris has already taken Spezza's spot will they do as well as Karlsson and Spezza, pretty sure hell no but life goes on and we have to press on and surprise like many thought we did last year. We are going to see over the next 2 and a half months what this team is made of. To me we look like a poor mans 2 year ago Preds but I still believe we can make the Playoffs. This is also assuming were not getting ROR or Perry or Ryan Whitney who we could probably get for something small. We will continue to beat the teams with no identity and probably beat a few non- playoff teams as well. Someone might step up as well. Paper teams don't win championships and I don't know what were gonna be, but I know that the Sens work hard and were a good team who will figure out how to go on and make the playoffs (and no I am not high)

(I am confident Karlsson will be ok and can get back to where he was eventually)

BlazingRoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 12:06 AM
BigEyedPhish

If this is the worst day of your life..............

I am completely jealous of your life...

BigEyedPhish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 12:07 AM
starling

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolmedge View Post
I know it sounds stupid but I can't get it out of my head that Alfie had 2 great chances to change everything.
20 seconds before the injury he is all alone in front of Fleury and he shoots into his pads.
10 seconds - another great chance, he hits the crossbar, puck goes into the netting, stupid refs can't see it, play goes on and Karlsson is injured.
Crazy chain of events.

starling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 12:08 AM
Canadiens Ghost
Mr. Objectivity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
Yup. Its gonna be awesome when Karlsson comes back and cant skate quite as fast. cant wait.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrePetersson View Post

I have seen zero evidence that a guy that has as much explosiveness as EK come back with an Achilles injury and be the same.
You guys are too much gloom and doom right now. Karlsson will in all likelyhood make a complete recovery.
I'm in my forties and last year I suffered a complete tear of my Achilles tendon. Today, I'm skating as fast as ever (have always been a good skater) and I had nowhere near the number of physiotherapists and training equipment that Karlsson will have. I have no worries for him, it just sucks for this year...

Canadiens Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 12:11 AM
BigEyedPhish

Karlsson was our long term...

so......

possibly no....

BigEyedPhish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 12:19 AM
arglebargle

vCash: 141
Yeah TBH I'm not buying the whole "he might not be fast anymore!!" panicking.

arglebargle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 12:22 AM
agent2421

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySpectacular View Post
If we Bourque him, I sincerely hope this is true. It'd be the saddest day of my Sens-fan life seeing Alfie play AGAINST the Sens.
Oh god no... Alfy is an Ottawa Senator and should remain that way forever. Throw him onto the 3rd or 4th line, I dont' care if he's dead weight, I just want him having another year and chance at the playoffs in Ottawa

Chris Chelios was pretty old... Alfy should do the same till Ottawa wins even if he has 2 minutes of ice time

agent2421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 12:27 AM
JohnnySpectacular

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent2421 View Post
Chris Chelios was pretty old... Alfy should do the same till Ottawa wins even if he has 2 minutes of ice time
This would make me happy in my heart

JohnnySpectacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:11 AM
swiftwin
#lalala

Alfie will stick around for another season.

swiftwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:15 AM
Gil Gunderson

vCash: 1967
Apparently Alfie said he was thinking about Sochi.

Gil Gunderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:26 AM
thegreatgasby*

Quote:
I'm sorry, but Karlsson had the potential to become one of the greatest defenseman in the history of the NHL. He was playing the sort of game that no one else has ever done. There is a very real chance he never reaches those heights because he doesn't regain that explosive first step acceleration that he had.

You can go through years of 1st overall picks without getting a guy like that.
Has a habs fan i feel your pain guys...obviously karlsson was your best player..and prolly the top defenceman in the league atm...but saying he was better then bobby orr was in is prime is starting to be a bit rediculous....

hope ek comeback to 100% which i think he will.

thegreatgasby* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 02:25 AM
Step
GO SENS GO

vCash: 2550
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB View Post
All I want is a 100% recovery.
Yep. Agree 100%. I have no doubt that our season is pooched, but I want EK fully recovered long term.

Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 03:11 AM
Pitlick*

Best for the long run? Have your @*# head examined. Maybe ek will be same player, maybe not. Although I've seen lots of players come back from this in nfl and nhl.

Does anyone know if it is completely cut? Or partial?

McLean and Murray are old school. Something will be done to Cooke, or the pens stars, mark my words.

Pitlick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 03:13 AM
Pitlick*

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatgasby View Post
Has a habs fan i feel your pain guys...obviously karlsson was your best player..and prolly the top defenceman in the league atm...but saying he was better then bobby orr was in is prime is starting to be a bit rediculous....

hope ek comeback to 100% which i think he will.

He said ONE OF the best of all time. This implies top 5. Not the best who is obviously Bobby.

Old
02-14-2013, 03:14 AM
Pitlick*

Like others said, Alfie has already hinted he will play next year if he feels good.

Old
02-14-2013, 03:59 AM
DrEasy
:heart: Cameron

So, time to make trades and go for a mini-rebuild again? Can we really dump as many players as we wish without falling under the cap? Who should be on the trade block?

DrEasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 04:11 AM
Security Guard Chang*
Chang's Army

we just ride it out. with what we have. Get franchise talent , and come back better than ever in september. This season is lost.

Security Guard Chang* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 04:36 AM
thegreatgasby*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitlick View Post
He said ONE OF the best of all time. This implies top 5. Not the best who is obviously Bobby.

i was more refering too
He was playing the sort of game that no one else has ever done

thegreatgasby* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 07:18 AM
Micklebot

Quote:
I'm sorry, but Karlsson had the potential to become one of the greatest defenseman in the history of the NHL. He was playing the sort of game that no one else has ever done. There is a very real chance he never reaches those heights because he doesn't regain that explosive first step acceleration that he had.

You can go through years of 1st overall picks without getting a guy like that.
Meh, he's still got his right achilles tendon for his first step. I'm worried about the second one.

Micklebot is offline   Reply With Quote