HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

2014 NHL Draft Prospects Top 30

Old
01-23-2013, 08:18 AM
Quethas

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Quethas
Quote:
Originally Posted by toewsintangibles View Post
Kasper Kapanen and Mikko Rantanen will be the gems on a average year for Finland
Actually Kapanen is the only interesting finn for 2014 draft at this point. Otherwise it seems to be become below average draft for Finland. Of course a lot can happen in 1,5 years.

Mikko Rantanen is born in October 1996 which makes him eligible for 2015 draft alongside with couple more interesting finns.

Quethas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 11:07 AM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeandblack View Post
Your rankings of the US kids are a little off.

Jack Glover is the best 96 defenseman and should be a first rounder. Wesley should not be ranked that high. Fortunato won't be a first rounder because he's small, but he has the best vision, poise and hockey sense, and is just silky smooth with the puck. He's a top 60 in my opinion.

Id rank the US forwards as follows.

Blake Clarke
Sonny Milano
Nick Schmaltz
Shane Gersich
Chris Wilkie
Dylan Larkin
Connor Chatham
Ryan MacInnis
Kevin LaBanc
Ryan Hitchcock
Alex Tuch
Shane Eiserman
Seamus Malone
Kyle Connor
Keegan Iverson
*Nolan Stevens

IMO, Sonny Milano and Jack Eichel (2015) are 2 of the 5 most skilled kids at the U17s.

Defense is a lot tougher outside of Glover, Anthony DeAngelo and Duncan MacIntyre. Fortunato, Keegan Ford, and Danny Willett might be the best of the smaller guys. Jack Walker has potential for a smaller guy. Then the bigger kids like Josh Jacobs, Aaron Haydon, and Ryan Collins could really turn the corner. Cant count out Josh Wesley's genes either.

The two wild cards are Ryan MacInnis and Nolan Stevens. MacInnis has a lot of potential, he just hasn't grown into his body yet. Nolan Stevens has been hurt all year, but is a big kid, with a ton of skill. Both also have genetics on their side, so its a wait and see.

Goalies its probably only Devin Williams and Thatcher Demko at this point, but goalies are even harder to project.
you think all those forwards are ahead of Chase De Leo?? if so, this would be the greatest draft in US Hockey history!! I would personally slot Chase behind Gersich, but thats just me.

I think Aaron Haydon is the pure wildcard here as Glover and DeAngelo are the likely top 2 dmen for this draft, but if this kid sures up his own zone play, with his size and offensive ability, he could be a top 30-40 pick without question if he puts it together. One of the few dmen for this draft that I have excitement about for the US.

Last edited by AmericanDream: 01-23-2013 at 11:13 AM.
AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 06:44 AM
HC Bienne
@llopesso19

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingNuck View Post
I wasn't the one asking the question in the first place I guess you are right, but as I said nothing rude was meant by it Sorry if it sounded snippy...

I agree Leon is going to be a star but numbers do not determine that..

This kid: Dominik Kahun Had even better numbers on the same team.. He is not talked about. THe Shcüler BL league is not a very strong league.

To me his size combined with his finese is what makes him so darn good.

Well he has played one NLA game and a couple friendly games for BIEL's senior team.. I believe he even scored Other than that, I guess you are right
... Do you have any idea if any CHL teams are looking at him? Do you think he'll get drafted by any of the three leagues?
i see this kid playing for 4 years. what he does whit those hands it's quite amazing. only six games he already embarrassed some swiss man players in swiss lna. you can't go wrong with the kid. if he decides to go in sweden or CHL he will be easy a first round pick. just like young swiss Phil Baltlisberger.

i compare young ehlers with sven bartschi same skills same type of numbers with a crappy junior team. ehlers father was also sven bartschi coach in his first year playing with man in lnb.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBHVnayQ4Kk that's how he does it against man.

HC Bienne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 06:24 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special One View Post
i see this kid playing for 4 years. what he does whit those hands it's quite amazing. only six games he already embarrassed some swiss man players in swiss lna. you can't go wrong with the kid. if he decides to go in sweden or CHL he will be easy a first round pick. just like young swiss Phil Baltlisberger.

i compare young ehlers with sven bartschi same skills same type of numbers with a crappy junior team. ehlers father was also sven bartschi coach in his first year playing with man in lnb.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBHVnayQ4Kk that's how he does it against man.
Thanks

He has 2 points on 3 PO games so far, right?

ImGoingNucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 01:46 PM
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily

Anyone got an update on the top 60? Hell, even the top 90 would help.

Vatican Roulette is offline   Reply With Quote