HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

South Florida Visitors - post travel related questions here

Old
01-15-2013, 11:10 AM
FlameChampion

vCash: 500
Whos expected to start in net for Florida?

FlameChampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 04:48 PM
JP Mick
Two Gallants

vCash: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameChampion View Post
Whos expected to start in net for Florida?
Wrong thread? Theodore.

JP Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 07:45 AM
RonJon

vCash: 200
My wife and I are going to visit your lovely area in the near future and hopefuly take in a game. The two questions I have is what end do the Panthers defend twice, 108 or 128 and if we drive to Fort Lauterdale Beach is there parking right at the beach? Thanks for your time.

RonJon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 07:54 AM
Woxof38

Jets fan coming down.. Itineray too much?

Hello, great forum! I'm planning to catch 3 games Panthers Bolts Panthers 1st week in March. I intend to fly in Monday, catch the game Tuesday night, Wednesday off, Bolts on Thursday, drive back on Friday to see Panthers and fly home Saturday morning. I know I have a lot more questions, but my first concern is the drive Sunrise to Tampa and back. Too much? Other concern are hotels close to the arena. Thanks for any feedback.

Woxof38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 09:25 AM
Emory Jordan

Driving in from Tampa here shortly, and looking for a recommendation on someplace to eat dinner before the game. Will probably be in arena appropriate clothing, so not any place where jerseys would be frowned upon. Any help is appreciated!

Emory Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 09:54 AM
FinallyWeissIsGone
Formerly Akgoalie7

Send a message via AIM to FinallyWeissIsGone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emory Jordan View Post
Driving in from Tampa here shortly, and looking for a recommendation on someplace to eat dinner before the game. Will probably be in arena appropriate clothing, so not any place where jerseys would be frowned upon. Any help is appreciated!
Sawgrass mills mall is across the street from the arena. I love eating at Cheesecake Factory before each game I go to. They are VERY happy to have hockey fans and I wear my jerseys there all the time.

FinallyWeissIsGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 10:14 AM
PBPantherfan
Here we go again

Quote:
Bahama Breeze is right across from the arena as well see lots of others in jerseys in there as well.

PBPantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 03:54 PM
Emory Jordan

Just wanted to thank the Panthers fans, were very kind and easy to get along with for a pair of visiting fans!

Emory Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 05:44 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Just wanted to thank the Panthers fans, were very kind and easy to get along with for a pair of visiting fans!
No worries.

I typically sit down in a visiting arena. Shake the hand of the person on my left and right. Clap when either team scores. And if someone is particular nice, buy them a beer.

Never had a problem in visiting Arenas in 40 yrs.

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 08:47 PM
Tachycineta

Hi. I am super excited, going to Florida for the second time in my life (went to Jacksonville for my dad's anthropology conference).

I also just bought tickets for the Florida/Tampa game March 12th and I am looking forward to watching Gudbranson, Huberdeau, Kulikov and the rest of the team. Back in 2009, I still wanted Kulikov over Kassian but that is moot.

So, I gather that Sawgrass Mills is the place to eat before the game. Do people who want to avoid paying 20.00 for parking park at the mall? It might be a stupid question but do people get in trouble for parking there? (I am always nervous about that- when I visit Toronto and park in the malls, I honestly worry about getting in trouble when I am going into downtown, even though they probably would not have a way of telling). Obviously, I would eat at the mall and be a patron.

Thank you again.

2010 bandwagon jumper- Go Habs and Bruins!
Tachycineta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 11:30 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachycineta View Post
So, I gather that Sawgrass Mills is the place to eat before the game. Do people who want to avoid paying 20.00 for parking park at the mall? It might be a stupid question but do people get in trouble for parking there? (I am always nervous about that- when I visit Toronto and park in the malls, I honestly worry about getting in trouble when I am going into downtown, even though they probably would not have a way of telling). Obviously, I would eat at the mall and be a patron.

Thank you again.
Many non-season ticket holders park there to avoid the parking fee. Last season when parking was free, they said they were going to issue warnings to people parking over there, but nobody ever seems to get in trouble. Hell, I did it tonight actually. It's only maybe a 5-10 minute walk from the arena. The Oasis is right across from the arena, but it might be tough to find parking there, so I recommend parking near VF Factory Outlet as close to the road as possible.

FlaPnthrsPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 01:17 AM
Benched

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachycineta View Post

Thank you again.
Pretty much what the last poster said. They said they were going to issue warnings but they never do. I park there all the time as well and walk over. It's not very far and it saves you $20. Oasis and the Collonade Outlets have some good places to eat such as Cheesecake Factory and PF Changs. Grand Lux is also really good if you want something a little more upscale. Across from Sawgrass you've got TGI Fridays. There's a bar called Bahama Breeze across from the arena, in the same parking lot as the mall. Good place for some postgame drinks.

Enjoy your visit.

Benched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 02:35 AM
JP Mick
Two Gallants

vCash: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woxof38 View Post
Hello, great forum! I'm planning to catch 3 games Panthers Bolts Panthers 1st week in March. I intend to fly in Monday, catch the game Tuesday night, Wednesday off, Bolts on Thursday, drive back on Friday to see Panthers and fly home Saturday morning. I know I have a lot more questions, but my first concern is the drive Sunrise to Tampa and back. Too much? Other concern are hotels close to the arena. Thanks for any feedback.
The drive from Sunrise to Tampa is about 4 hours with a 15 minute rest stop. If you are staying over night in Tampa it should be no problem!

JP Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 09:13 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

I'm a 24 year old single male who will be flying out to Fort Lauderdale / Sunrise for 3 days to watch his beloved hockey team and then relax and take in the sunshine / do some activities.

I'd like a good singles bar to have a drink and meet cute girls- any ideas? Nothing fancy- nothing grand- something simple and reliable.

Much appreciated!
Beaker

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 09:28 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
I'm a 24 year old single male who will be flying out to Fort Lauderdale / Sunrise for 3 days to watch his beloved hockey team and then relax and take in the sunshine / do some activities.

I'd like a good singles bar to have a drink and meet cute girls- any ideas? Nothing fancy- nothing grand- something simple and reliable.

Much appreciated!
Beaker

Elbow room las olas on beach

pretty much any bar on las oslas downtown.

Hope you do better there than in arena.

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 05:54 PM
nystromshairstylist
Puck control master

NYer headed to FL

To FL Panther fans, for our first trip to see the team, any sections recommended? Recommended places to park, food, etc.?

nystromshairstylist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 06:03 PM
Benched

Quote:
Originally Posted by nystromshairstylist View Post
To FL Panther fans, for our first trip to see the team, any sections recommended? Recommended places to park, food, etc.?
Parking at Sawgrass Mills is free, gets you out of wasting $20 to park at the arena and it's right across the street. Club level has good food if you want to spend the money. If not, there's TGI Fridays across the street from the arena. Also Cheesecake Factory and a few other restaurants at the mall. Bahama Breeze is good for postgame drinks.

As for where to sit, I usually sit in club level or ADT club, the 320 shoot twice sections. If you're a visiting fan, sit in the 310s so you can see your team shoot twice. You can find seats there on StubHub for $15. If you like to sit on the floor level, 118 is pretty good.

Have fun.

Old
03-19-2013, 06:10 PM
nystromshairstylist
Puck control master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benched View Post
Parking at Sawgrass Mills is free, gets you out of wasting $20 to park at the arena and it's right across the street. Club level has good food if you want to spend the money. If not, there's TGI Fridays across the street from the arena. Also Cheesecake Factory and a few other restaurants at the mall. Bahama Breeze is good for postgame drinks.

As for where to sit, I usually sit in club level or ADT club, the 320 shoot twice sections. If you're a visiting fan, sit in the 310s so you can see your team shoot twice. You can find seats there on StubHub for $15. If you like to sit on the floor level, 118 is pretty good.

Have fun.
Thanks for all the info, very very helpful.

Is Sawgrass mills the big shopping outlet center/mall? How far a walk would you say from there to the arena?

I am reviewing stubhub and have found seats in section 114 for about $30...the kids like to be close to the ice, even if the view is limited to the other side of the rink.

Also, how are the highways around there (869/595, etc)? Very heavy traffic or reasonable?

nystromshairstylist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 06:12 PM
Benched

Quote:
Originally Posted by nystromshairstylist View Post
Thanks for all the info, very very helpful.

Is Sawgrass mills the big shopping outlet center/mall? How far a walk would you say from there to the arena?

I am reviewing stubhub and have found seats in section 114 for about $30...the kids like to be close to the ice, even if the view is limited to the other side of the rink.

Also, how are the highways around there (869/595, etc)? Very heavy traffic or reasonable?
Yeah, Sawgrass is a huge mall. It's like top five in the country in terms of size. If you park there, they have cops directing the crosswalks. It's about a 3-5 minute walk to the arena. Traffic on the Sawgrass Expressway (869) is very reasonable after a game. I live about 10 minutes from the arena. I usually get home in about 15. 595 also isn't bad around postgame time.

If you get off the Sawgrass at Sunrise Blvd, make the turn at the second light (after the sign that says BB&T Center with an arrow), there's a mall entrance just before the arena entrance. Head in there, park near the movie theatre, walk across, boom, done. Cheesecake Factory is right inside that mall entrance in the area known as The Oasis. I go there if I get down there early for a quick beer and maybe an appetizer.

114 is very decent. I usually don't like to sit too low because the view is limited but if it's for the kids, why not? $30 is a good price.

Old
04-10-2013, 06:30 PM
PittPenguin

Is it possible to get tickets for a Marlins game the day/night of the game? I mean from the box office. Not scalpers. Thanks!

PittPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 07:33 PM
PBPantherfan
Here we go again

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittPenguin View Post
Is it possible to get tickets for a Marlins game the day/night of the game? I mean from the box office. Not scalpers. Thanks!

I think you will be fine. That was the attendance for the 2nd game. The Marlins owner has made the fans hate him so much people won't even take free tickets.

PBPantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 11:07 PM
PittPenguin

Oh wow. Okay. Fair enough. Thanks!

PittPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 08:32 AM
ThememanXX
It's a hockey night!

Send a message via AIM to ThememanXX
Really excited to go to the game to tonight. Driving down from Palm Beach, gonna do the mall for a few hours, too. Then Marlins game Sunday and maybe a stop at the Hollywood Hard Rock post game.

ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 08:58 AM
Pittsburgh Proud

Lots of good info in this thread. I'll be living in Sunrise for four months in the Fall while I complete an internship with the Panthers. Looking forward to the amazing weather and......everything!

Pittsburgh Proud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2013, 10:12 AM
Metroid

vCash: 162
Picked up season tickets this year seeing as I'll be coming down lots this season. Any punk /metal bars in the area at all ?

Metroid is offline   Reply With Quote