HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Hawks looking to deal

Old
07-08-2006, 03:31 PM
Wondercarrot
Classless

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfloorpunch716x View Post
look at the linemates Spezza had all season and there years and look at who Gomez had all season. nothing against Spezza he is a great player and will have a great career, but if Gomez had his linemates he would have broken a 100 points easily.
that's such a classic quote.
same goes for Alfie, same goes for Havlat, same goes for heately, same went for Hossa.

ive heard it all before. none of them are as good as their play indicates, its always due to someone else.
if anything Spezza gift wrapped half of Heatley's goals, not the other way around, and Alfie had a career year playing with Spezza. (even though he only ended up playing a small portion of the year on Spezza's wing.)

Wondercarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 04:08 PM
Hawkster
Got Cup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havlat9 View Post
But won't Bell have 7 accrued seasons next year? My understanding is that the lockout year does count as a year.

That's why Havlat will be a UFA next summer, despite being born in 1981.
Bell has 4 full seasons + the lockout year + next season = 6

He played 13 times in 2000/01, and was a healthy scratch on 6 or 7 occasions, but he certainly wasn't on the active roster for the required 40 games (an accrued season). He was not on the active roster in Chicago for so long, he played 61 times for Norfolk that season.

Unless someone knows an exception or two to the rules, I make him RFA at the end of next season, and UFA in 2008.

Hawkster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 05:00 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Fish View Post
I don't think those two would land Bell, they will want a top 6 forward plus a prospect. I also do not want to put Picard in a trade as he is our best D prospect. I'd rather give up Handzus than Picard. As you have noticed he is not my favorite Flyer.
Handzus is better then Bell. Bell is lazy. Handzus works night in and night out. Just because Handzus played with dislocated shoulder for about 35 in 2005 doesn't mean he is not a better player. This year numbers do not show because Handzus was hurt.
Handzus for Bell and Hawks should add a player or a pick.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 11:43 PM
Hawkhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
To Chicago: Havlat, Vermette and Volchenkov
To Ottawa: Bell, Seabrooke & one of Bochenski, Bickell, Byfuglien or Bolland

no thanks

Hawkhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 11:57 PM
gbl1p

Can someone familiar with Bell attest to this lack of effort talk that has come up? Is he a competitor ?

gbl1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 12:35 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Never lack of effort, he just can't use all his tools as effectively as he should. He's a big guy that's capable defensively with a very good shot. He's decent cycling down low, he just can't pass very well and is average at best while driving to the net.

DisgruntledHawkFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 09:58 AM
Stuy

Bell is inconsistent. I think we went goal-less last year for a long stretch.

He was in a real bad funk at one point of the season and then lit it up at the end of the year.

Stuy is offline   Reply With Quote