HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part XLIX All talk from around the league here

Closed Thread

Old
02-14-2013, 06:04 AM
DAChampion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patvolcom65 View Post
Yep...only Karlsson was saving us right now..

Cowen,Spezza,Karlsson out for season..then Michalek, Regin, Lats out..

Gonchar-Methot
Wier-Phillips
Lundin-Benoit
Boro
We had a lot of injuries last year (Markov, Gionta, Moen, etc) and we ended up drafting Galchenyuk. A lot of fans hated, but now half this forum has him as their avatar.

Maybe you'll draft Barkov this year with all these injuries.

Old
02-14-2013, 06:28 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Brutal, brutal injury for the Sens. Hopefully he can return to the form that he left in.

I know people are bringing up examples of players who returned from this type of injury to their top form, but I'm sure there are just as many examples of players who didn't reach the same level ever again. Way too early to predict anything like that.

I'm in the boat of intentional. Cooke gets the guilty until proven innocent card from me.

Old
02-14-2013, 06:30 AM
DAChampion

Cooke is only 5'11", I'm amazed he's had the balls to be the type of player he's been. Has anyone other than Evander Kane beaten the crap out of him?

Old
02-14-2013, 07:03 AM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Blaming Cooke for the injury is just as ridiculous as it was when Subban got accused of "purposely" cutting Jordan Staal with his skate in the playoffs. As dirty as some guys are in the NHL no one is stupid enough to cut someone with their skate.

Old
02-14-2013, 07:03 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Cooke is only 5'11", I'm amazed he's had the balls to be the type of player he's been. Has anyone other than Evander Kane beaten the crap out of him?
He fought Shawn Thornton, but didn't get his ass beat. Cooke is a spot picker an worse than Ott at it. He fights rookies and non fighters. He didn't do
His homework on Kane and got dropped

Old
02-14-2013, 07:12 AM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

So what happened to those kevlar socks that Gainey was talking about years ago? Hockey still needs a review of its standard equipment. Thanks to the last lockout for actually improving nothing whatsoever.

Old
02-14-2013, 07:12 AM
Nedved

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Chainz View Post
Blaming Cooke for the injury is just as ridiculous as it was when Subban got accused of "purposely" cutting Jordan Staal with his skate in the playoffs. As dirty as some guys are in the NHL no one is stupid enough to cut someone with their skate.
except chris simon. who stomped a guy

Old
02-14-2013, 07:47 AM
Gally11

To me it looked like Cooke was going for a slew foot and messed it up

Old
02-14-2013, 07:56 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whereabouts Unknown View Post
To me it looked like Cooke was going for a slew foot and messed it up
But his skate would have been on the ice to do that, I really think he was trying to pin Karlsson to the boards as Ward was explaining on TSN. Players do that all the time unfortunately Karlsson got a serious injury. Hope he is alright but that was not intentional IMO

Old
02-14-2013, 08:46 AM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
But his skate would have been on the ice to do that, I really think he was trying to pin Karlsson to the boards as Ward was explaining on TSN. Players do that all the time unfortunately Karlsson got a serious injury. Hope he is alright but that was not intentional IMO
I see what you're saying, and it's probably true that he didn't do it intentionally. However, at some point you have to penalize players more harshly for recklessness. Cooke took his skate off the ice and stomped it directly into the back of Karlsson's leg. Whether he wanted to or not shouldn't really matter. It happened. There's too much grey area in hockey. I prefer soccer rules in this regard. If a guy slides in dangerously and a tackles a player studs first, it doesn't matter if he was going for the ball or not. He missed and hit the guy's ankles. He gets red carded and suspended for three games. All this garbage with hockey with hearings and interviews with the offenders is baloney. Players shouldn't be able to defend themselves after the fact. If you screw up, you screw up, deal with the consequences. A guy like Cooke who's already ruined a player's career (maybe more) shouldn't even be in the league anymore. It's a hardly a coincidence that he was the offender in this situation, and i think its a travesty that everyone is just casting it off as a simple accident. But thats hockey for you.

p.s. I do not have Karlsson in any hockey pool, lol

Old
02-14-2013, 08:47 AM
Et le But

The thing is, implying that Cooke is cunning enough to plan out a way to cut another players leg without making it extremely obvious is giving him too much credit. He is/was a reckless head hunter, not a mad supervillian. This isn't about trusting Cooke, it just takes too much to assume this was premeditated.

This isn't the Chara incident where Chara clearly intended to hit Pacioretty's head down and the only question is if he knew where the impact would be. For this to have been intentional requires more finesse than Cooke has.

Old
02-14-2013, 08:50 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markowicz View Post
I see what you're saying, and it's probably true that he didn't do it intentionally. However, at some point you have to penalize players more harshly for recklessness. Cooke took his skate off the ice and stomped it directly into the back of Karlsson's leg. Whether he wanted to or not shouldn't really matter. It happened. There's too much grey area in hockey. I prefer soccer rules in this regard. If a guy slides in dangerously and a tackles a player studs first, it doesn't matter if he was going for the ball or not. He missed and hit the guy's ankles. He gets red carded and suspended for three games. All this garbage with hockey with hearings and interviews with the offenders is baloney. Players shouldn't be able to defend themselves after the fact. If you screw up, you screw up, deal with the consequences. A guy like Cooke who's already ruined a player's career (maybe more) shouldn't even be in the league anymore. It's a hardly a coincidence that he was the offender in this situation, and i think its a travesty that everyone is just casting it off as a simple accident. But thats hockey for you.

If the player is not Cooke no one even talks about it being intentional

Old
02-14-2013, 08:56 AM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
If the player is not Cooke no one even talks about it being intentional
Maybe, but in the end it is him, and that should actually mean something by now.

Old
02-14-2013, 09:00 AM
PhysicX

vCash: 74
Quote:
Maybe, but in the end it is him, and that should actually mean something by now.
Exactly what I think. How many injuries has he caused now, intentionally or 'accidentally'? At the very least, 5.

Old
02-14-2013, 09:01 AM
PhysicX

vCash: 74
Quote:

Contact sport vs. no contact

Old
02-14-2013, 09:02 AM
disturbedraven
Lets rock

Rather annoyed that not only did cammalleri score 3 goals for the Flames, but they also won. Someone needs to push the panic button harder over there, get the army of tank threads going and find a way to properly motivate the players to lose so we can get a better pick out of them

Old
02-14-2013, 09:11 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbedraven View Post
Rather annoyed that not only did cammalleri score 3 goals for the Flames, but they also won. Someone needs to push the panic button harder over there, get the army of tank threads going and find a way to properly motivate the players to lose so we can get a better pick out of them
Barring a miracle, I expect them ton finish bottom 10, so we'll get a good pick regardless. #32 or #39 are both very good this year.

Old
02-14-2013, 09:14 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Barring a miracle, I expect them ton finish bottom 10, so we'll get a good pick regardless. #32 or #39 are both very good this year.
I agree I don't see them making the playoffs but the only thing they have got going for them right now is that they played 2-3 games less then anyone

Old
02-14-2013, 09:21 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicX View Post
Saying soccer is a no contact sport is absurd, it's not hockey but it's not baseball either.

But yes, the standard is very different, you aren't supposed to physically obstruct other players legs in soccer, in hockey that's part of the game.

Old
02-14-2013, 09:24 AM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicX View Post
An extremely lame excuse for using your skate as a weapon, accidentally or not.

Old
02-14-2013, 09:28 AM
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved View Post
except chris simon. who stomped a guy
Exactly, Simon did it. But apparently, Cooke is some kind of a saint who would never think of doing a dirty move such as hitting someone with a skate, according to his defenders...

He persuaded all the hockey world that he's a "new man", and he was so good at it that even the so-called hockey experts cannot imagine him having any bad intentions anymore.

So sad to see... People can be so naive.

Old
02-14-2013, 09:31 AM
disturbedraven
Lets rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Agreed, however, I am just being greedy

Old
02-14-2013, 09:49 AM
FinnHab

Horrible loss for Sens, that kid is like half of a team. What was his icetime when Sens played last time against Habs..35min?

Old
02-14-2013, 10:02 AM
ClasslessGuy

I don't think it was intentional but reckless? Yes.

He tried to pin him to the board and the accident occured for x reason (balance/speed don't know).

Old
02-14-2013, 10:32 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post
Exactly, Simon did it. But apparently, Cooke is some kind of a saint who would never think of doing a dirty move such as hitting someone with a skate, according to his defenders...

He persuaded all the hockey world that he's a "new man", and he was so good at it that even the so-called hockey experts cannot imagine him having any bad intentions anymore.

So sad to see... People can be so naive.
It's not about being a saint...if Cook was to do anything intentionally he wouldn't do it on that kind of play with the play going on at that speed. He would have done it in a 1 on 1 situation or with the play stopped. It would take great timing and athletic ability to intentionally do what he did.

That's like saying Salo intended to have the puck deflect twice and go in on the 4th TB goal.

Closed Thread