HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Franzen out vs Blues-Hip Flexor ; Eaves in

Old
02-13-2013, 05:16 PM
MBauer

vCash: 500
If Abdelkader is in the top 6 instead of Tatar

Is this real life or some sort of cruel joke?

MBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 05:19 PM
DeYarmond Edison
#gettingriskee

vCash: 400
Really confused on the decision making of this organization sometimes. I guess that's why I'm not running things. But like.. cmon..

DeYarmond Edison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 05:26 PM
MBauer

I think this would be the one time I would be relieved to see Samuelsson in our top six, too bad hes injured as well

MBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 05:43 PM
Henkka

6'3 Mule, 6'3 Bertuzzi and 6'2 Samuelsson are injured.

Are we now smaller than the Canadiens?

Henkka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 05:44 PM
DeYarmond Edison
#gettingriskee

vCash: 400
Seriously, what the ****? How do you justify Cleary on the first line? I'd like to see someone take a shot at this one.

DeYarmond Edison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 06:13 PM
we like our team*

people getting mad before the puck is even dropped

we like our team* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 06:20 PM
Brick Top
LANA!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by braille View Post
people getting mad before the puck is even dropped
It's called proactive anger- you know you're going to get pissed watching Cleary in the top six, so you just get a head start on it.

Brick Top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 06:39 PM
Flowah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick Top View Post
It's called proactive anger- you know you're going to get pissed watching Cleary in the top six, so you just get a head start on it.
Cleary AND Abby.

So much sad.

Flowah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 06:41 PM
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeYarmond Edison View Post
Seriously, what the ****? How do you justify Cleary on the first line? I'd like to see someone take a shot at this one.
Babs digs thick dudes.

Run the Jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 07:35 PM
theYman
We like our team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claypool View Post
Have you watched Howard the last two games?
Saw the Edmonton game. Not the whole LA game. But Howie's been abysmal against St Louis.

theYman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 10:28 PM
theYman
We like our team

On Howard. I rest my case.

theYman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 10:31 PM
SortaExtremist

Poor Datsyuk, he had to play alongside Cleary tonight. Better get someone that can actually play on his wing or this guy is not coming back after his contract is up.

SortaExtremist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 10:34 PM
FlashyG

Quote:
Originally Posted by SortaExtremist View Post
Poor Datsyuk, he had to play alongside Cleary tonight. Better get someone that can actually play on his wing or this guy is not coming back after his contract is up.
Datsyuk has been saddled with Cleary for a few games now. Ever since Bertuzzi went down and Cleary got his goal thats been his spot.

I highly doubt his linemates are going to make a difference in his decision of whether to re-sign or not, if he wants to play NHL hockey he'll stay, if he'd rather wind it down and retire he'll play a year in the KHL.

We need to get healthy and we need to figure out a way to get Cleary out of the line-up, if we accomplish that this team is a pretty good team.

FlashyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 10:56 PM
silkyjohnson50

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashyG View Post
I highly doubt his linemates are going to make a difference in his decision of whether to re-sign or not, if he wants to play NHL hockey he'll stay, if he'd rather wind it down and retire he'll play a year in the KHL.
I don't know that I will, but it's definitely possible... Coaching is something that likely enters a player's mind when making decisions.

He seems to get stuck with at least one dead weight far too often. Babcock had Holmstrom on his line for about 2 years too long and now he's stuck with the worst player on the team again.

Babcock is a Zetterberg guy and has always been. If Datsyuk's going over the pros and cons, who's to say that the likelyhood of safeguarding a lousy winger doesn't cross his mind in the option of staying. Whereas he goes back home and is given the young talent to help his game instead of hiding the deficiencies of others like Babs seems to do.

silkyjohnson50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 11:03 PM
Brick Top
LANA!!!!!

Quote:
We need to get healthy and we need to figure out a way to get Cleary out of the line-up, if we accomplish that this team is a pretty good team.
You should probably set your sights a little lower, Flashy, and shoot for curing cancer while ending world hunger. We are talking about cosmic forces beyond our understanding here.

Brick Top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 11:22 PM
CloneHakanPlease*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladdy84 View Post

This again speaks to the need to acquire another true top 6 player. Wings can't count on players like Tatar, Nyquist and Bert to be that when the playoffs roll around.
This implies that the Wings would let Nyquist and Tatar play actual minutes

CloneHakanPlease* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 11:30 PM
FlashyG

Quote:
Originally Posted by silkyjohnson50 View Post
I don't know that I will, but it's definitely possible... Coaching is something that likely enters a player's mind when making decisions.

He seems to get stuck with at least one dead weight far too often. Babcock had Holmstrom on his line for about 2 years too long and now he's stuck with the worst player on the team again.

Babcock is a Zetterberg guy and has always been. If Datsyuk's going over the pros and cons, who's to say that the likelyhood of safeguarding a lousy winger doesn't cross his mind in the option of staying. Whereas he goes back home and is given the young talent to help his game instead of hiding the deficiencies of others like Babs seems to do.
It wasn't much different for him in the KHL, he played with Alexander Radulov and an assortment of other Wingers.

Datsyuk loves the Red Wings and loves playing against the best in the world. If he's still playing at the same level he'll sign another deal, line-mates are something no player can control, as long as the team is talented he'll have talented people to play with.

Old
02-14-2013, 12:00 AM
FlashyG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick Top View Post
You should probably set your sights a little lower, Flashy, and shoot for curing cancer while ending world hunger. We are talking about cosmic forces beyond our understanding here.
I'm going to pray we can trade him for a couple of LA's Ice-Girls.

I'd settle for some pictures of them though...otherwise the league may reject the deal as too lopsided.

Old
02-14-2013, 09:31 AM
JPE123

Quote:
Datsyuk has been saddled with Cleary for a few games now. Ever since Bertuzzi went down and Cleary got his goal thats been his spot.

Maybe a secret plan by Babcock to get Pav to shoot more. He knows Cleary can't handle Pav's passes so he'll just do it himself

JPE123 is offline   Reply With Quote