HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Miller's Trade Value

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-11-2013, 07:36 PM
  #51
Zip15
Registered User
 
Zip15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 16,951
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
And just like that, Reimer injured in Toronto..

Doubt they'd want to ship him to a rival though.
My voodoo is strong. Must be the Mardi Gras in the air.

And I agree with you: the probability of Regier trading Ryan Miller to the Leafs is roughly 0%, with no possibility of a rounding error.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 09:28 PM
  #52
sabresEH
Registered User
 
sabresEH's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Kelowna, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 989
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGB24 View Post
You'd trade Miller for Scott Hartnell?
Not straight up. So I guess that doesn't really add much to the value part of the conversation. The Hartnell part I guess was more what I'd do if we acquired Ben and shipped Millsy, my bad.

sabresEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 01:40 AM
  #53
enrothorne
A DJ saved my life
 
enrothorne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Downtown Buffalo
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,368
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to enrothorne
Quote:
Originally Posted by dire wolf View Post
Your math is funny. Miller plays 100% of 85% of the games (i.e., he plays 60 minutes per game). A star forward plays 33% of 100% of the games. Based purely on minutes, a goalie is better value.
Yeah, you're TOTALLY right. Guess that's why goalies are all leading the league in salary... oh wait.

The top goalie is #23 on the list. And only 5 of the top 50 are goalies. 10%! Your argument is believed by NOBODY in the NHL.

enrothorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 01:21 PM
  #54
Conan
Registered User
 
Conan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 184
vCash: 500
Leafs offer:
2013 1st rounder
Jussi Rynnas
Tim Connolly/Clarke Macarthur

For Buffalo's

Ryan Miller

Conan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 01:49 PM
  #55
Nibbler
Registered User
 
Nibbler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ambassador to Earth
Country: United States
Posts: 455
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan View Post
Leafs offer:
2013 1st rounder
Jussi Rynnas
Tim Connolly/Clarke Macarthur

For Buffalo's

Ryan Miller

Nibbler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 04:39 PM
  #56
Rob Paxon
Z E M G U S
 
Rob Paxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: corfu, ny
Country: United States
Posts: 16,238
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by enrothorne View Post
Yeah, you're TOTALLY right. Guess that's why goalies are all leading the league in salary... oh wait.

The top goalie is #23 on the list. And only 5 of the top 50 are goalies. 10%! Your argument is believed by NOBODY in the NHL.
His argument is a statement of fact, that goalies play more minutes than any other player. You brought up that goalies only play in X percent of games, which is a poor argument since starting goalies play more than any other player.

Rob Paxon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 05:00 PM
  #57
sabresandcanucks
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,772
vCash: 500
Who would even be interested in Miller?

St. Louis? Florida? Washington? Edmonton? ...Columbus?

sabresandcanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 08:28 PM
  #58
Bearbait
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 76
vCash: 500
In this short season, I think his trade value will actually increase a lot as we get closer to the deadline and teams know where they stand in the playoff picture.

No point in considering trading him right now, we can get more later for him if we opt to do it.

Bearbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 08:56 PM
  #59
Zip15
Registered User
 
Zip15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 16,951
vCash: 50
Sens fans talking about selling now with Karlsson likely done for the year, and Spezza out for most of the season. Now would be a great time for them to sell high on Anderson. If another goaltender is made available, and one who has been the best in the NHL this season, that probably hurts Miller's value.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 07:56 AM
  #60
JPurp26
Registered User
 
JPurp26's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 5,194
vCash: 300
Terrible market for goalies unfortunately, and I do not see it improving. stronger teams in front of good goalies has made it easier to access goalies via Free agency and over drafting.

JPurp26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 09:33 AM
  #61
enrothorne
A DJ saved my life
 
enrothorne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Downtown Buffalo
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,368
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to enrothorne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Paxon View Post
His argument is a statement of fact, that goalies play more minutes than any other player. You brought up that goalies only play in X percent of games, which is a poor argument since starting goalies play more than any other player.
I originally said games, ya know the status in win-loss columns? He said minutes.

enrothorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 09:34 AM
  #62
enrothorne
A DJ saved my life
 
enrothorne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Downtown Buffalo
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,368
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to enrothorne
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPurp26 View Post
Terrible market for goalies unfortunately, and I do not see it improving. stronger teams in front of good goalies has made it easier to access goalies via Free agency and over drafting.
It's virtually never a strong market for established goalies. Another reason I'm against high salaries for them.

enrothorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 08:06 PM
  #63
Hank Moody
Easy, but not sleazy
 
Hank Moody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Kansas
Country: United States
Posts: 1,791
vCash: 500
If Stafford is traded, the hole at RW becomes even more glaring, already lacking Pominville.

I know this has been discussed with mixed reactions around here, but...

To CHI:

Miller
Stafford

To BUF:

Kane
Crawford or Emery

The reason I suggest this as a possibility is because Buffalo is starting to load up the prospect cabinet. Kane is an elite, established talent, and with the high character players already in the organization, they could rub off on Kane as he grows and matures. I would me happy to make this deal with Chicago.

Hank Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 08:48 PM
  #64
tsujimoto74
Registered User
 
tsujimoto74's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 8,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
If Stafford is traded, the hole at RW becomes even more glaring, already lacking Pominville.

I know this has been discussed with mixed reactions around here, but...

To CHI:

Miller
Stafford

To BUF:

Kane
Crawford or Emery

The reason I suggest this as a possibility is because Buffalo is starting to load up the prospect cabinet. Kane is an elite, established talent, and with the high character players already in the organization, they could rub off on Kane as he grows and matures. I would me happy to make this deal with Chicago.
If Regier could convince Chicago to do that, he ought to be extended 100 years. By which I mean the value is brutal for the Hawks.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 09:21 PM
  #65
Karate Johnson
Zemgus is my Copilot
 
Karate Johnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,592
vCash: 500
Hope Crawford or the goalie of another contender with goalie questions take a **** in the playoffs.

Karate Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 09:23 PM
  #66
sabresandcanucks
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,772
vCash: 500
One year left on Millers contract makes his value decent.....a team like chicago or Washington might take a flyer on him at the draft

sabresandcanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 09:51 PM
  #67
Hank Moody
Easy, but not sleazy
 
Hank Moody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Kansas
Country: United States
Posts: 1,791
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
If Regier could convince Chicago to do that, he ought to be extended 100 years. By which I mean the value is brutal for the Hawks.
I don't see how it's that brutal....Miller would be amazing with Chicago's D in front of him.

Hank Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:06 PM
  #68
tsujimoto74
Registered User
 
tsujimoto74's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 8,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
I don't see how it's that brutal....Miller would be amazing with Chicago's D in front of him.
The difference between Miller and Crawford is miniscule compared to the gaping chasm between Stafford and Kane.


Last edited by tsujimoto74: 04-05-2013 at 10:28 PM.
tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:07 PM
  #69
Beerz
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Beerz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 10,460
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
I don't see how it's that brutal....Miller would be amazing with Chicago's D in front of him.
Kane is elite...his value is 10x's that of Millers... besides Chicago would be stupid to move him

Beerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:07 PM
  #70
Imlach a cup
Registered User
 
Imlach a cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
I don't see how it's that brutal....Miller would be amazing with Chicago's D in front of him.
Kane is worth more than what buffalo offers?

Imlach a cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:11 PM
  #71
haseoke39
Brainfart 4 Reinhart
 
haseoke39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5,501
vCash: 500
I'd take two firsts and a good prospect.

haseoke39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:48 PM
  #72
thekenneth
Registered User
 
thekenneth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 257
vCash: 500
the sabres would need to throw in a first round pick. if i were the hawks I'd still not take it then. unless it was a top 3 pick and happened on trade deadline day then it seems maybe possible but still a meh.

thekenneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 11:01 PM
  #73
dkollidas
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,052
vCash: 500
Miller will get a mid-round 1st and a decent, but not top-ranked prospect. Vanek will get a similar return as Pominville, but the prospect we receive will be more highly touted than Larsson.

dkollidas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 11:05 PM
  #74
Djp
Registered User
 
Djp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Seattle,WA
Posts: 5,707
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by is the answer jesus View Post
Honestly if Couturier is on the table I'd take on Bryzgalov, but I doubt Philly is that desperate to move his contract.
Personally I have no desire for Bryz....not at his cost.

If Philly offers more assets to eat Bryz contract...think of Courtyrier + a couple of 1sts + Bryz the owner may take the bite and then buy out Bryz.

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 11:07 PM
  #75
Djp
Registered User
 
Djp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Seattle,WA
Posts: 5,707
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
The difference between Miller and Crawford is miniscule compared to the gaping chasm between Stafford and Kane.
Crawford is being propped up by the defense there.

You give him our defense his numbers skyrocket.

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:10 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.