HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around The NHL 2012-13 Part II

Closed Thread

Old
02-13-2013, 10:39 PM
LarmerSavardSecord

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by puterwiz53 View Post
Cooke's skate was in the air. Was it accidental or intentional. Hard to tell but why was Cooke's skate up in the air. Cooke was known to be a dirty player and he seemed to turn his game around. The league needs to review the video as it looks more intentional than it does accidental. The Sens have two of their top stars injured and out for long term.
Poor Sens. Karlsson's is so fun to watch, amazing talent.

Who knows what goes on in Cooke's head, so I can't say for sure that he meant to do that kick motion to injure. But it sure looked odd at least.

Cooke's not an enforcer doing his job, he's a hockey sociopath with a history of bad impulses that result in serious injury to players. That's hard to "un-learn." So my guess is he just had an impulse to kick the guy.

Guys like this should be out of the league, but they always have their defenders. Rafi takes out Hossa, but now he's reformed. Cooke was reformed, but he takes out another star.

Old
02-13-2013, 10:57 PM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarmerSavardSecord View Post
Poor Sens. Karlsson's is so fun to watch, amazing talent.

Who knows what goes on in Cooke's head, so I can't say for sure that he meant to do that kick motion to injure. But it sure looked odd at least.

Cooke's not an enforcer doing his job, he's a hockey sociopath with a history of bad impulses that result in serious injury to players. That's hard to "un-learn." So my guess is he just had an impulse to kick the guy.

Guys like this should be out of the league, but they always have their defenders. Rafi takes out Hossa, but now he's reformed. Cooke was reformed, but he takes out another star.
How long until the league actually does something to these thugs who do nothing good for the game but constantly take out stars from the game?

What the game would be much worse off if Torres, Cooke, and guys like Chris Simon back in the day and others were kicked out of the league? NO! It would be better off. Hockey is a violent game yes, it doesn't need braindead thugs whose only job is to injury other players and nothing else.

Old
02-13-2013, 11:53 PM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

This is a good angle:

Old
02-14-2013, 04:49 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deytookerjaabs View Post
This is a good angle:

If that's accidental then I am the next Pope.

Old
02-14-2013, 05:17 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Cooke should be suspended for lifetime. This guy doesn't deserve another chance. Poor Pens, think their chances in the East are slim. Taking out Karlsson eliminates the Sens this year.
Cooke just waited long enough with another dirty move. That's as intentional as it can get.

Old
02-14-2013, 09:08 AM
Hawkaholic

He didn't mean to do it, end of discussion.

Old
02-14-2013, 09:10 AM
puterwiz53

That's what I figured. It looks too blatant to be accidental. I agree that Cooke should be banned from the NHL for life. It will only be a matter of time before Torres does something really stupid again. ****** bags like those can never be trusted.

Old
02-14-2013, 09:22 AM
Wasted Years
Where Eagles Dare

Toi me it looked like he was trying to trip him from behind or slew foot him. Not just push him into the boards. You need to have control of your skate as well as your stick. There was no excuse for that. To say it was an accident oh well is putting your head in the sand with a player like Cooke. If he did that to Toews we would want his head on a platter. People want to watch Karlson not Cooke and his stupid antics. Makes it that much easier to hate the Pens for keeping him on their roster.

Old
02-14-2013, 09:36 AM
Illinihockey

Don't think Cooke intended to cut him but it was a wreckless play.

Old
02-14-2013, 09:38 AM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny View Post
Toi me it looked like he was trying to trip him from behind or slew foot him. Not just push him into the boards. You need to have control of your skate as well as your stick. There was no excuse for that. To say it was an accident oh well is putting your head in the sand with a player like Cooke. If he did that to Toews we would want his head on a platter. People want to watch Karlson not Cooke and his stupid antics. Makes it that much easier to hate the Pens for keeping him on their roster.
It was a typical hockey play, that happens at least once every game.

Old
02-14-2013, 09:43 AM
Wasted Years
Where Eagles Dare

I wonder if Cooke went into the locker room to apologize or at least call Karlson. This is Matt Cooke....so I am guessing not. He prolly went to a strip club to celebrate.

Old
02-14-2013, 10:07 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

I don't think that was accidental at all...and Matt Cooke's the last play to deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Old
02-14-2013, 10:43 AM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13-15

vCash: 5113
eh.... guess that's the problem when you build up a reputation like Cooke's.... when you cause a grievous injury entirely on accident, which I do think was the case, a whole lot of people aren't going to believe you.

Old
02-14-2013, 10:46 AM
Pepe Silvia

vCash: 1344
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun View Post
eh.... guess that's the problem when you build up a reputation like Cooke's.... when you cause a grievous injury entirely on accident, which I do think was the case, a whole lot of people aren't going to believe you.
I agree with this. It looked like a freak accident to me. Cooke's been playing pretty clean as of late

Old
02-14-2013, 11:54 AM
Sevanston

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun View Post
Matt Cooke is the boy who cried wolf.

Well, more like the boy who used to act like a wolf and attack people until he stopped a year ago but now he's involved in another bad thing so we think he's acting like a wolf again.

Old
02-14-2013, 11:58 AM
vikingsdidWTC

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
I don't think that was accidental at all...and Matt Cooke's the last play to deserve the benefit of the doubt.
It's impossible to tell from any angle whether Cooke was trying to cut Karlsson's leg. Therefore it's impossible for the league to punish him -- they simply can't set a precedent of judging a player's actions solely according to a public perception of that player's character. Whether or not he deserves the benefit of the doubt, even in the minds of Bettman and/or Shanahan, is completely irrelevant.

Old
02-14-2013, 12:03 PM
vikingsdidWTC

Although I admit I think it's entirely possible Cooke did apply pressure with his skate to Karlsson's achilles. Anyone who has played hockey knows what happens when you or anyone else (or everyone) gets in a chippy frame of mind -- you poke, prod or tweak the other guy at every opportunity, and there's a big part of you that wants to make it hurt. I think that frame of mind is dominant in Cooke and always has been, he can't turn it off and didn't even try until it nearly ended his career.

Old
02-14-2013, 12:56 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13-15

vCash: 5113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
Matt Cooke is the boy who cried wolf.

Well, more like the boy who used to act like a wolf and attack people until he stopped a year ago but now he's involved in another bad thing so we think he's acting like a wolf again.
I prefer an arsonist analogy. You know the guy burned down a ****load of buildings over the years. So, when you catch him right next to yet another charred structure, most are going to assume that he did it.

I don't think Cooke did it at all intentionally, or that his actions were even remotely reckless (sometimes fluke accidents just happen), but he brought the hate on himself with his past reputation. Even though it doesn't look like he's going to get reprimanded by the league, this will be yet another thing that follows him in a lot of fans' minds.

Old
02-14-2013, 01:18 PM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
Well, Cooke was never going to redeem himself in anyones eyes. It was just about keeping his career going and he's done a good job of that. As far as the injury itself, while you certainly cannot put it past him doing it on purpose or maybe half on purpose (blatant recklessness), but to say it was completely premeditated is unfair because the evidence isn't there. If Ottawa feels differently, the best thing they can do is keep their mouths shut and play rough with him next time.

Old
02-14-2013, 01:26 PM
Illinihockey

Cooke is going to get jumped next time Pitt and Ottowa play

Old
02-14-2013, 01:50 PM
Illinihockey

Malhotra went on IR for the season. Career is probably over

Old
02-14-2013, 01:58 PM
TamaTavares

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
If that's accidental then I am the next Pope.
That is 100% positively accidental. Have you seen this same set-up 5,000,000,000 times before? When you pin someone against the boards, you place your leg inbetween theirs (or on either side of thiers) in an effort to keep him stable while your teammate comes in and snatches the puck. Cooke simply misjudged where to put his leg and stepped down unfortunately onto Karlsson's leg.

Last edited by TamaTavares: 02-14-2013 at 02:07 PM.
Old
02-14-2013, 03:33 PM
RayP

vCash: 50
Kesler is going to return tomorrow night. Will line with Kassian and Higgins.

Old
02-14-2013, 04:18 PM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
It was a typical hockey play, that happens at least once every game.
Really, once a game a guy stomps on the back of another players leg and cuts his achilles tendon and takes him out of the year?

Old
02-14-2013, 04:22 PM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaTavares View Post
That is 100% positively accidental. Have you seen this same set-up 5,000,000,000 times before? When you pin someone against the boards, you place your leg inbetween theirs (or on either side of thiers) in an effort to keep him stable while your teammate comes in and snatches the puck. Cooke simply misjudged where to put his leg and stepped down unfortunately onto Karlsson's leg.
Exactly, and in the previous 5,000,000,00,000,000,000,000 times you talk about, how many times has this happened?

Yes you put your leg between theirs, you don't lift you leg and come down hard on theirs. NHL hockey players, no matter how good, are in full control of their bodies, they know what they are doing in just about every situation.

Closed Thread