HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs acquire Dustin Tokarski (TB) for Cedrick Desjardins

Closed Thread

Old
02-14-2013, 10:00 AM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

vCash: 500
Tokarski is a RFA, Desjardins is a UFA. Decent move in terms of asset management.

Old
02-14-2013, 10:01 AM
Stive Morgan
Habland

vCash: 50
From Tokarski's Wikipedia page.

Old
02-14-2013, 10:02 AM
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
Desjardins has won the Memorial Cup in Juniors and the Kelly Cup in Professional hockey. He won the MVP of the Memorial Cup tournament and the MVP of the Kelly Cup Playoffs.

Toraski played all of one good game in the WJC and that was against Sweden.

Your statement is completely false.
Hey, guess what?

Tokarski got the MVP in the Memorial Cup as well.
Tokarski is 4 years younger than "Cedrick".
"Cedrick" has never won anything in World competitions.
Tokarski was undedeated in Canada's gold medal win. No matter how many goals he let in. He shut to door in the final against Sweden, and was the only guy to beat Russia and USA in this tournament.

No matter how you slice it, his accomplishments are far more impressive than Desjardins. I'm not a homer, but that's a great trade, especially since he is even exempted of waivers if we want to send him back down next season.

Before answering me in an arrogant fashion claiming that I'm completely wrong, verify the actual facts.

Old
02-14-2013, 10:02 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Exactly. His only chance in NHL action and he was incredible.

Tokarski has had a handful of NHL games and his stats look terrible.
Same goes to you, this is a minor deal involving an AHL vet player that recently passed through waivers for a prospect.

Old
02-14-2013, 10:03 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
Tokarski is a RFA, Desjardins is a UFA. Decent move in terms of asset management.
Exactly why I like the trade.

Desjardins is the better goalie right now though.

Old
02-14-2013, 10:03 AM
Jacko95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
To be honest I see this as a nothing for nothing trade but how can you be sure Desjardins will be nothing but Tokarski will be something when his stats are:

2-0-0
1.00 GAA
.968 sv%

in the NHL.
Because he can play big when needed and was unreal last year, so if he can rebound from his slump the last 10-15 games, he has still starter potential. Look at the stats in the quote below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
Arpon Basu ‏@ArponBasu
Dustin Tokarski's numbers with Norfolk during their run to the Calder Cup last spring: 14 GP, 12-2, 1.46 GAA, .944 SP
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
BTW

they aren't very happy in the Tampa Boards. Kind of Baffled them.
How could we be happy, before this summer he was our only hope for a future starter, but now Lindback is playing good, Vasilevski is unreal good and Janus has passed Tic on the deptchart. I see some reason behind the trade, but we should have made a package and get a better return

Old
02-14-2013, 10:05 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Exactly. His only chance in NHL action and he was incredible.

Tokarski has had a handful of NHL games and his stats look terrible.
Very small sample sizes are fun.

Old
02-14-2013, 10:06 AM
roy munson

You're in Tampa and then BANG! your in Montreal

Old
02-14-2013, 10:06 AM
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

Quote:
Exactly why I like the trade.

Desjardins is the better goalie right now though.
How many Bulldogs games have you watched this year. Desjardins has been outplayed by Robert Mayer of all people. He was horrible all year long. Not sure which one of those two is the best goalie right now, but I doubt I would say Desjardins' much better than anyone as of now.

Old
02-14-2013, 10:07 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
The capgeek waiver calculator confirms he's exempt.
He's definitely exempt _this season_. The CapGeek calculator says 1 year "not including 2012-13", though. So that 1 year evapourates after this season. I ran Dumont too just to compare the calculator terminology, and they give the same thing for him, for example... "1 year"... not including 2012-13.

Old
02-14-2013, 10:08 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
Hey, guess what?

Tokarski got the MVP in the Memorial Cup as well.
Tokarski is 4 years younger than "Cedrick".
"Cedrick" has never won anything in World competitions.
Tokarski was undedeated in Canada's gold medal win. No matter how many goals he let in. He shut to door in the final against Sweden, and was the only guy to beat Russia and USA in this tournament.

No matter how you slice it, his accomplishments are far more impressive than Desjardins. I'm not a homer, but that's a great trade, especially since he is even exempted of waivers if we want to send him back down next season.

Before answering me in an arrogant fashion claiming that I'm completely wrong, verify the actual facts.
First of all, nice follow-up. Too bad you're still wrong though. You stated Desjardins won nothing. I was just stating the facts otherwise to prove that you were wrong. So, I guess I did state the actual facts. Thanks for coming out.

As far as Cerdick not winning anything in World Competitions - so? There are lots of junior players who win that go on to do nothing and vice-versa. Desjardins never got a shot or maybe he would have won - who knows?

Tokarski is a solid piece, I like the trade for the RFA reasons, but to say Desjardins has won nothing was flat out wrong, so this post above was just a waste of time.

Desjardins also won the QMJHL championship as well. So while Tokarski has had a more storied history, Desjardins' is pretty good as well.

Quote:
How many Bulldogs games have you watched this year. Desjardins has been outplayed by Robert Mayer of all people. He was horrible all year long. Not sure which one of those two is the best goalie right now, but I doubt I would say Desjardins' much better than anyone as of now.
About 15.

Desjardins has had some rough nights, no doubt about it. But he's also playing in front of one of the worst AHL teams I've seen in years.

As far being out-played by Mayer? Don't think so. Desjardins has posted better stats so far this season and has definitely been the better goalie over the past month. He was injured to start the season and that slowed him down considerably, IMO. Since Christmas, he's only had two really bad games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Very small sample sizes are fun.
Yes, they are. He's been a better AHL goalie to this point in his career too, which is on a much larger sample size.

Last edited by One Man Rock Band: 02-14-2013 at 10:16 AM.
Old
02-14-2013, 10:11 AM
shutehinside

Does this make Bergy a worse GM than Goats? At least Goat got Niinimakki (sic) who's better than Tokarski.

Bergy

Old
02-14-2013, 10:15 AM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

What happened to the 6"8 goalie the Habs drafted a couple of years ago ?

Btw i like this deal from an assets management POV. And Torkarski is still young and still has potential. He reminds me a bit of Halak

Old
02-14-2013, 10:15 AM
Leo Getz

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
Does this make Bergy a worse GM than Goats? At least Goat got Niinimakki (sic) who's better than Tokarski.

Bergy

You weren't even close on the spelling of Ramo.

Old
02-14-2013, 10:16 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Getz View Post
You weren't even close on the spelling of Ramo.

I almost died.

Old
02-14-2013, 10:17 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Knee View Post

Btw i like this deal from an assets management POV. And Torkarski is still young and still has potential. He reminds me a bit of Halak
Jason Missiaien? Last time I saw him he was in the Rangers organization, too lazy to HockeyDB him (and that would also involve me figuring out how to spell his last name).

Old
That Habs Fan
True Contenders.

vCash: 400
Absolutely nothing to complain about in this deal.

The difference in current form is negligible, Tokarski is younger, has better pedigree, size and a higher ceiling.

We had absolutely nothing in terms of goalie depth, this certainly helps.

I like it, glad to have a proactive GM who notices and addresses needs.

Old
NotProkofievian

Which Pierre McGuire is very excited about.

Old
gusfring

Quote:

Jason Misseain. I remember the year he was drafted. Having seen him play many times in junior, I was baffled why he was picked (I know it was his size).

Think he went to Rangers farm team for while.

Old
02-14-2013, 10:18 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Jason Missiaien? Last time I saw him he was in the Rangers organization, too lazy to HockeyDB him (and that would also involve me figuring out how to spell his last name).
Yeah, he's playing for the Whale. I think he's sitting pretty on a 4.00 GAA and a SV% well on the wrong side of .900.

Old
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
He's in the AHL/ECHL with the rangers farm team, the Habs opted not to offer him a contract.

Old
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

Quote:
First of all, nice follow-up. Too bad you're still wrong though. You stated Desjardins won nothing. I was just stating the facts otherwise to prove that you were wrong. So, I guess I did state the actual facts. Thanks for coming out.

As far as Cerdick not winning anything in World Competitions - so? There are lots of junior players who win that go on to do nothing and vice-versa. Desjardins never got a shot or maybe he would have won - who knows?

Tokarski is a solid piece, I like the trade for the RFA reasons, but to say Desjardins has won nothing was flat out wrong, so this post above was just a waste of time.

About 15.

Desjardins has had some rough nights, no doubt about it. But he's also playing in front of one of the worst AHL teams I've seen in years.

As far being out-played by Mayer? Don't think so. Desjardins has posted better stats so far this season and has definitely been the better goalie over the past month. He was injured to start the season and that slowed him down considerably, IMO. Since Christmas, he's only had two really bad games.
Hmm... nice job putting words in my mouth...

Quote:
Still won a gold medal, more than anything Desjardins won at this stage. He won everywhere and is much younger than C.D.
Has Desjardins ever won anything in World competitions? No. That's what I said, and no matter what you say, THIS is a fact. And that was my argument. Tokarski has more experience on more different levels. I don't know if he'll ever become anything relevant in the NHL, but this is a fact. And the upside in Tokarski is much higher than the one of Desjardins. He's extremly soft on rebounds and his vision of the play is mediocre.

As for Mayer, he's played for .500 this season. Desjardins, with the same team, is 6 games under .500. Bottom line, the Bulldogs have won significantly more with Mayer in net. That's what a #1 goalie is there for; win games.

Tokarski still has a very interesting pedigree, including a Calder Cup win last season, in which he was brillant. We'll see where it leads us, but I'm more comfortable with our depth between the pipes on the middle-term with DT than CD.

Old
02-14-2013, 10:21 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Hmm... nice job putting words in my mouth...

Has Desjardins ever won anything in World competitions? No. That's what I said, and no matter what you say, THIS is a fact. And that was my argument. Tokarski has more experience on more different levels. I don't know if he'll ever become anything relevant in the NHL, but this is a fact. And the upside in Tokarski is much higher than the one of Desjardins. He's extremly soft on rebounds and his vision of the play is mediocre.

As for Mayer, he's played for .500 this season. Desjardins, with the same team, is 6 games under .500. Bottom line, the Bulldogs have won significantly more with Mayer in net. That's what a #1 goalie is there for; win games.
First things first, sorry if I read your thing wrong. I thought you meant at this stage in their careers, not specifically the World stage. My apologies.

Secondly... judging a goalie on wins is probably one of the funniest things I've ever heard.

Old
02-14-2013, 10:22 AM
disturbedraven
Lets rock

Minor move with potential upside. I like this deal

Old
02-14-2013, 10:22 AM
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

Quote:
First things first, sorry if I read your thing wrong. I thought you meant at this stage in their careers, not specifically the World stage. My apologies.

Secondly... judging a goalie on wins is probably one of the funniest things I've ever heard.
When they play with the same team in front of them, and the different is that big, it's somehow relevant I would say.

Closed Thread