HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Northern Europe
Northern Europe Norway, Denmark, Iceland

Olympic qualification - Vojens 7-10 february

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-12-2013, 01:58 PM
  #226
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
Totally unrelated question,is this the reason Justinov you got into hockey? Have you ever played ice hockey yourself?
Nope....my parents or myself later could never afford it. I have been very passionate about hockey since i was a small kid though (watching it on swedish television). Always see sport on TV, since when you go to actual games you see like ****
I thought field hockey was the second best thing...and much more affordable.
I have tried some roller scate hockey where I played with a field-hockey stick and they played with icehockey sticks. You can do some very different moves since you turn the stick in field hockey.
Actually I think i have only scated on ice twice in my life as a kid and both times on a frozen lake. I borrowed some figure scating scates when Ii was 12 I think, then the ice melted and that was that

Did some rollerscating some years ago and found out it was like cross country scating technique so no problem there.......as long as it was going in straight lines. So I can go forward and backwards, but turning was never a strong move for me (wide circles).

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 02:02 PM
  #227
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
Nope....my parents or myself later could never afford it. I have been very passionate about hockey since i was a small kid though (watching it on swedish television). Always see sport on TV, since when you go to actual games you see like ****
I thought field hockey was the second best thing...and much more affordable.
I have tried some roller scate hockey where I played with a field-hockey stick and they played with icehockey sticks. You can do some very different moves since you turn the stick in field hockey.
Actually I think i have only scated on ice twice in my life as a kid and both times on a frozen lake. I borrowed some figure scating scates when Ii was 12 I think, then the ice melted and that was that

Did some rollerscating some years ago and found out it was like cross country scating technique so no problem there.......as long as it was going in straight lines. So I can go forward and backwards, but turning was never a strong move for me (wide circles).
Also is hockey your(for you personally) number one sport? There are actually plenty of danish posters here on hfboards.

BalticWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 05:15 AM
  #228
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
Also is hockey your(for you personally) number one sport? There are actually plenty of danish posters here on hfboards.
Well I actually follow a lot of different sports: I'm really into wintersports....so im glued to all kind of speed scating, alpine skiing, biathlon, cross country, bandy and icehockey.

In Denmark you are really being overfed with handball and football, so Im not really a constant viewer of that anymore unless its major championship.
Great fan of badminton and table tennis (also have been overfed by tennis through the years).
Then I'm also a constant follower of chess and sumo wrestling.

My top 5 currently must be Icehockey, Chess, Badminton, Speed scating and Alpine skiing.

Hard to watch either field-hockey or lacrosse here in Denmark, but I see field hockey when I get the chance (olympics).
At olympics i really love seeing the sports I otherwise never get to see...so I'm especially also glued to archery, shooting, kajak/canoe slalom etc...

Actually when you think about it....it's much easier to ask what sport I don't follow

For some reason I really dislike basketball......as an ex-handball player it makes you insane you can't push. So in gymnasium those of us that didn't play on the basketball team (that actually became nordic champions) we created our own version "voldbold"....meaning violence-ball. Basically it's basketball where some pushing, body tackles and leg tripping were accepted (to a point since playing on asphalt you had to be careful not to cause injury). I also find it laughable when you see 2.20 meters tall people whine about being touched....go see a handball match and stop whining.

Wrestling I dislike not for the sport itself but because of the point-scoring and general referee corruption at the olympics (same goes for boxing).

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 06:26 AM
  #229
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
Well I actually follow a lot of different sports: I'm really into wintersports....so im glued to all kind of speed scating, alpine skiing, biathlon, cross country, bandy and icehockey.

In Denmark you are really being overfed with handball and football, so Im not really a constant viewer of that anymore unless its major championship.
Great fan of badminton and table tennis (also have been overfed by tennis through the years).
Then I'm also a constant follower of chess and sumo wrestling.

My top 5 currently must be Icehockey, Chess, Badminton, Speed scating and Alpine skiing.

Hard to watch either field-hockey or lacrosse here in Denmark, but I see field hockey when I get the chance (olympics).
At olympics i really love seeing the sports I otherwise never get to see...so I'm especially also glued to archery, shooting, kajak/canoe slalom etc...

Actually when you think about it....it's much easier to ask what sport I don't follow

For some reason I really dislike basketball......as an ex-handball player it makes you insane you can't push. So in gymnasium those of us that didn't play on the basketball team (that actually became nordic champions) we created our own version "voldbold"....meaning violence-ball. Basically it's basketball where some pushing, body tackles and leg tripping were accepted (to a point since playing on asphalt you had to be careful not to cause injury). I also find it laughable when you see 2.20 meters tall people whine about being touched....go see a handball match and stop whining.

Wrestling I dislike not for the sport itself but because of the point-scoring and general referee corruption at the olympics (same goes for boxing).
So you could say you are very all round sports fan and i happen to dislike basketball too and i`m not too interested in fooball.
Taking into account that i`m from Latvia and we are fed hockey like no other sports,i have not been sick of it not once.
For me it probably goes something like this:
1)Hockey
2)Red Bull Crashed Ice(love it,though only one latvian participiant)
3)Florball
4)winter sports-Skeleton,Bobsleigh,biathlon,speed skating
5)BMX
Also enjoy Beach volleyball(our guys got bronze at the London olympics,so the sport has gained some popularity here)


Last edited by BalticWarrior: 02-13-2013 at 07:54 AM.
BalticWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 05:25 AM
  #230
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
So you could say you are very all round sports fan and i happen to dislike basketball too and i`m not too interested in fooball.
Taking into account that i`m from Latvia and we are fed hockey like no other sports,i have not been sick of it not once.
For me it probably goes something like this:
1)Hockey
2)Red Bull Crashed Ice(love it,though only one latvian participiant)
3)Florball
4)winter sports-Skeleton,Bobsleigh,biathlon,speed skating
5)BMX
Also enjoy Beach volleyball(our guys got bronze at the London olympics,so the sport has gained some popularity here)
Not enjoying basketball must be fairly unsual in Latvia where it's a big sport!
Though I must say that beach volley is really not my cup of tea - but maybe it's because you got an olympic medal in the sport that you like it!

A lot of your favourite sports are "new age".....I'm way more "conservative" in the sports I like (must be getting old )

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 05:34 AM
  #231
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck
 
ImGoingNucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Coquitlam BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,239
vCash: 500
Funny convo ill join in

For me it's

1. Icehockey
2. Soccer - But as Justinov says, we have it on ALL channels everyday in Denmark, they even show, Russian, Brasillian, Mexican leagues and such. SO yeah it's tiring. Also Soccer has become soooo predictable it's boring!
3. Handball, man I love this sport, soooo underrated! It's funny in Denmark there is a concensus that Handball players are feminin and girly while Soccer is masculine and manly. But in fact Handball as a sport and the players is very tough and tumble.. Much more so than Soccer. And more often than not, Soccer players are metrosexual duchebags!
4. Badminton - How can you not love such a vibrant sport Im proud of our Danish herritage in that sport.
5. Ski Jumping - just love it, I can watch it for hours

Sports I hate - Basketball, so boring!

And

American Football, I never understood the fuss, and never will.. To me it's one big advertisement! Nothing else.

ImGoingNucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 08:14 AM
  #232
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingNuck View Post
Funny convo ill join in

For me it's

1. Icehockey
2. Soccer - But as Justinov says, we have it on ALL channels everyday in Denmark, they even show, Russian, Brasillian, Mexican leagues and such. SO yeah it's tiring. Also Soccer has become soooo predictable it's boring!
3. Handball, man I love this sport, soooo underrated! It's funny in Denmark there is a concensus that Handball players are feminin and girly while Soccer is masculine and manly. But in fact Handball as a sport and the players is very tough and tumble.. Much more so than Soccer. And more often than not, Soccer players are metrosexual duchebags!
4. Badminton - How can you not love such a vibrant sport Im proud of our Danish herritage in that sport.
5. Ski Jumping - just love it, I can watch it for hours

Sports I hate - Basketball, so boring!

And

American Football, I never understood the fuss, and never will.. To me it's one big advertisement! Nothing else.
My feelings about soccer is that it has evolve into a sissy game for cheaters. Having as you say metrosexual crybabies tossing themselves around and rolling on the grass trying to cheat at all possible moments. I my opinion you should have much harder punishment for faking....same punishment as for doping (cheating is cheating - what about 2 years ban from all soccer trying to fake a penalty! ).

I know that soccer is tough in the way that you have reckless tackles that causes bad injuries, but that's again when you don't respect your opponents. Same tendency you have more and more in hockey these days - going more and more for reckless head tackles instead of going at the torso. It probably says something about our society these days.

In field hockey any kind of complaining to the referee or doing something illegal with your stick is punished right away. Reckless guys with a wooden stick in game (where you only have groin and shin padding and teeth protecters) could kill each other if they weren't disciplined. But then it's NOT a highpayed professional sport - and maybe that makes all the difference.

I like it when it's tough and honest........rugby is great in that respect. The referee don't whistle the game of just because a playing is injured or hurting. It has to be pretty darn bad if he can't limp or roll off the field.
In soccer they whistle the game off just because someone lay down on the grass and it's misused all the time to delay matches. Also a reason I too dislike american football...it just stops all the time. Not flowing back and forth like rugby.

Only people who have never played handball would call it girly?????
Man you are getting smashed out there. Never understood why it's not popular in NA. Tons of action and goals. Tons of infights. Only wings are below 1.90m and 90 kg.

But as danish you have to love badminton...... - someone has to take on the chinese (and koreans, indonesians, malayans, japanese, thai and indians) you know. "The rock of europe". It is part of danish sport culture where we have been world elite since after WW2. You have to be insane athletic to be a badminton player.
It's also great fun to play!

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 10:33 AM
  #233
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
Not enjoying basketball must be fairly unsual in Latvia where it's a big sport!
Though I must say that beach volley is really not my cup of tea - but maybe it's because you got an olympic medal in the sport that you like it!

A lot of your favourite sports are "new age".....I'm way more "conservative" in the sports I like (must be getting old )
Probably,but i don`t really care,it`s important that you follow the sports you enjoy,not follow them because everyone else does.

BalticWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 10:35 AM
  #234
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingNuck View Post
Funny convo ill join in

For me it's

1. Icehockey
2. Soccer - But as Justinov says, we have it on ALL channels everyday in Denmark, they even show, Russian, Brasillian, Mexican leagues and such. SO yeah it's tiring. Also Soccer has become soooo predictable it's boring!
3. Handball, man I love this sport, soooo underrated! It's funny in Denmark there is a concensus that Handball players are feminin and girly while Soccer is masculine and manly. But in fact Handball as a sport and the players is very tough and tumble.. Much more so than Soccer. And more often than not, Soccer players are metrosexual duchebags!
4. Badminton - How can you not love such a vibrant sport Im proud of our Danish herritage in that sport.
5. Ski Jumping - just love it, I can watch it for hours

Sports I hate - Basketball, so boring!

And

American Football, I never understood the fuss, and never will.. To me it's one big advertisement! Nothing else.
American football is starting to actually grow on me,we have ESPN America here in Latvia so we havee access to NFL and NCAA football,and i like it personally maybe i`m just weird like that

BalticWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:41 PM
  #235
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
Probably,but i don`t really care,it`s important that you follow the sports you enjoy,not follow them because everyone else does.
Well I certainly agree with that!
I have played sports that most danish people have never heard of (Lacrosse for one), and following sumo wrestling is not common either here

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:00 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.