HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bennett recalled again on 4/7

Old
02-14-2013, 12:00 PM
PensFan6687

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey Simon View Post
What I expect:
Bennett-Malkin-Neal
Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis
Cooke-Sutter-Kennedy
Glass-Vitale-Adams

what I'd like:
Jeffrey/Boychuk-Malkin-Neal
Bennett-Crosby-Kunitz
Cooke-Sutter-Dupuis
Glass-Vitale-Adams
or
Kunitz-Malkin-Neal
Bennett-Crosby-Dupuis
Cooke-Sutter-Jeffrey/Boychuk
Glass-Vitale-Adams

Cooke was good on the second line but the potential 3rd line in the first situation is pretty awesome and the second one gives you last year's Malkin line. I'd like a few more games of seeing Jeffrey or Boychuk playing and Kennedy would be the one to sit in that situation.
Even better, that line of Kunitz-Mallkin-Neal clicked so well. Been frustrated that the Kunitz component was separated from the Malkin line. Still, there is no denying the chemistry between Kunitz and Crosby this season. That's why I am okay with Cooke up with Malkin and Neal and a potential line of Kunitz and Crosby with Bennett. But Bennett has to be tried with Crosby asap.

PensFan6687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 12:04 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dupree13 View Post
This is a myth about DB being a jackass who benches guys for one minor mistake. Look at Despres. He made minor, and some major, mistakes, but also made a lot of positive plays and showed flashes of serious upside. In that way he forced DB's hand to keep him in the line-up.

Now if Bennett is largely ineffective and invisible, and starts making mistakes, then you should worry.
Then he sits Vitale, again, for taking two penalties.

It isn't a myth and we even have Strait saying the same deal.

Tangradi and Jeffrey I'm quite sure would echo what Strait said.

Mr Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 12:05 PM
Dupree13

I actually think that the Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis line's strong showings have been more the result of Crosby turning it on rather than any kind of special chemistry. It's not like they're doing all sorts of pretty give and gos, it's mainly just Sid beasting.

Dupree13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 12:10 PM
Dupree13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
Then he sits Vitale, again, for taking two penalties.

It isn't a myth and we even have Strait saying the same deal.

Tangradi and Jeffrey I'm quite sure would echo what Strait said.
You're talking about marginal guys who never earned permanent spots in the line-up. Sure as hell not Strait and Jeffrey, and not even Vitale despite what his fan club might think.

Dupree13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 12:22 PM
wej20

Personally I'd try
Bennett - Sid - Dupuis
Kunitz - Geno - Neal
Cooke - Sutter - Kennedy
Glass - Vitale - Adams

Also give Bennett as the first change for Kunitz on the PP to see how it works having a creative RHS on the left side.

wej20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 12:24 PM
OnMyOwn
Extremist

I 100% guarantee BB is with Malkin and Neal, which will piss me off quite a bit.

If we just put the right players together, everyone will get going. BB on Malkin's line is not the best use for him...let him help sid carry the puck and actually use his puck handling creativity.

Malkin carries the puck 90% of the time, so BB would just float around.

OnMyOwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 12:29 PM
Hugh Madbrough

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderratedBrooks44 View Post
How many games before he lets off some steam?
I lol'd. bravo

Hugh Madbrough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 12:34 PM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

if i see a starting line of Dangles-Malkin-Neal, i will puke.

put him on Crosby's line and move Dupuis down.

domaug* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 12:39 PM
Pens1566

Quote:
This is a myth about DB being a jackass who benches guys for one minor mistake. Look at Despres. He made minor, and some major, mistakes, but also made a lot of positive plays and showed flashes of serious upside. In that way he forced DB's hand to keep him in the line-up.

Now if Bennett is largely ineffective and invisible, and starts making mistakes, then you should worry.
It's easier to bench 1 of 12 forwards than 1 of 6 d-men.

Pens1566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 12:40 PM
UnderratedBrooks44

If he's in the top 6 he will slot in right next to Malkin. I don't know why that's anything but academic. For some reason (probably because he's a shiny prospect) you guys think that they'd be doing a disservice to Sid by not giving him Bennett. There's no cause for that whatsoever. Bennett hasn't proven anything, they're just trying to get a semi-capable player into a winger spot that's been a complete void this season.

UnderratedBrooks44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 12:43 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
You're talking about marginal guys who never earned permanent spots in the line-up. Sure as hell not Strait and Jeffrey, and not even Vitale despite what his fan club might think.
And in a salary cap world you need young players to earn roster spots. They can't earn permanent spots by being benched. Not every player is going to be a highly touted first round pick like Despres who wows you enough with his talent, to make up for his mistakes.

Boychuk blew all of his chances in Carolina, then he got a top six spot with the Pens, but did nothing to earn it. He got that spot based on where his number was called in the draft and nothing more.

Jeffrey played so well the TSN guys said he was the Pens best player on the ice that night with Malkin and Neal. BENCHED.

Bort outplayed Engo, but as soon as Nisky comes back, Bort gets a seat on the bench.

Vitale has consistently been the hardest worker on this team from day one, but he gets benched while TK continues to ghost it.

Great message from DB and most certainly not a myth.

Old
02-14-2013, 12:54 PM
Shady Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderratedBrooks44 View Post
If he's in the top 6 he will slot in right next to Malkin. I don't know why that's anything but academic. For some reason (probably because he's a shiny prospect) you guys think that they'd be doing a disservice to Sid by not giving him Bennett. There's no cause for that whatsoever. Bennett hasn't proven anything, they're just trying to get a semi-capable player into a winger spot that's been a complete void this season.
It's about placing guys into their proper roles. It's not like Kunitz and Duper are totally tearing it up with Crosby. Kunitz got 4 goals in one really fluky game for himself. So why not put Bennett in the spot where his skill will be of most service?

Shady Machine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 12:57 PM
Random Hero

With Malkin and Sutter out of today's practice, it's looking more and more likely we're getting excited for nothing. Bennett was in Pittsburgh to get an injury checked out, likely got the all good, and the Pens needed someone to fill in some holes in the lineup.

I expect him to be sent back down tomorrow. Seriously doubt he sees any time in the lineup. That said, I hope I'm wrong. Would be great to see him get a chance on the big club.

Random Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 12:59 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Machine View Post
It's about placing guys into their proper roles. It's not like Kunitz and Duper are totally tearing it up with Crosby. Kunitz got 4 goals in one really fluky game for himself. So why not put Bennett in the spot where his skill will be of most service?
I think his skill is most suited for Malkin and Neal. BB is a playmaker and Neal and Malkin are two of the most lethal finishers in the world.

If he can handle the board play, and I can't see him doing worse than Boychuk in that area, he should be a nice fit with those two.

If it works out, then you just need to find Crosby a top six winger.

Old
02-14-2013, 01:03 PM
couture23
Sabres & Red Sox

I will be tuning in Friday night. Can't wait to watch this kid, hope he works out for you.

couture23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:03 PM
Shockmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
I think his skill is most suited for Malkin and Neal. BB is a playmaker and Neal and Malkin are two of the most lethal finishers in the world.

If he can handle the board play, and I can't see him doing worse than Boychuk in that area, he should be a nice fit with those two.

If it works out, then you just need to find Crosby a top six winger.
No, Malkin's line needs a banger. Plenty of skill with him and Neal on that line. Bennett needs to go with Crosby.

Shockmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:05 PM
JTG

Please, just let this kid play.

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:12 PM
Jag68Sid87
Nothing Else Maattas

Disco has a solution for the "play him with Sid" vs. "play him with Geno" debate...

Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis
Cooke-Malkin-Neal
Glass-Sutter-Kennedy
Bennett-Vitale-Adams

Come on, you know that's what Disco wants. Hopefully, Bennett can channel his inner-Adams, if he has any.

Jag68Sid87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:14 PM
Fire Shero*

Over/under 2.5 games before he gets injured?

Fire Shero* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:16 PM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
Disco has a solution for the "play him with Sid" vs. "play him with Geno" debate...

Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis
Cooke-Malkin-Neal
Glass-Sutter-Kennedy
Bennett-Vitale-Adams

Come on, you know that's what Disco wants. Hopefully, Bennett can channel his inner-Adams, if he has any.
Brilliant, he'll get 45 seconds with Sid OR Geno every time Disco decides to double shift one of them!

(unless he chooses to double shift them with Vitale/Adams, which definitely makes more sense)

IcedCapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:19 PM
Silas Robertson
Hey, all in. Jack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Wingers View Post
What are you implying?

Silas Robertson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:20 PM
Dangles78

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Wingers View Post
Really?

For someone who ****** about the Pens having "no wingers" you wanna put an over/under on BB?

Solid attitude

Dangles78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:20 PM
Shockmaster

Considering what happened with Tangradi, I can't say this paranoia towards how Bylsma handles young forwards is unwarranted.

Really hope Bennett's talent isn't going to be wasted on the bottom six.

Shockmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:21 PM
cheesedanish87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Hero View Post
With Malkin and Sutter out of today's practice, it's looking more and more likely we're getting excited for nothing. Bennett was in Pittsburgh to get an injury checked out, likely got the all good, and the Pens needed someone to fill in some holes in the lineup.

I expect him to be sent back down tomorrow. Seriously doubt he sees any time in the lineup. That said, I hope I'm wrong. Would be great to see him get a chance on the big club.
Hes gonna play do u really think it was a coincidence that BB just happen to be in PGH on the same day that Tangradi happened to get traded to clear a roster spot. Their flying to Winnipeg now or very soon hes not going anywhere.

cheesedanish87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:23 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockmaster View Post
No, Malkin's line needs a banger. Plenty of skill with him and Neal on that line. Bennett needs to go with Crosby.
Oh man, DB really has ****ed with people's heads around here. MOSR JAMZ!

No, they don't need a banger.

Who was the banger when Lemieux Francis and Jagr dominated in '96 or Lang Straka Kovy were one of the best lines in hockey? None of those guys were a banger.

Malkin and Neal need a playmaker and a guy who can hold onto the puck, create on his own and let them slip into shooting gaps.

That's exactly what BB can do.