Link

Old
02-09-2013, 11:56 AM
Jaykay
Kuemperpedic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patp14 View Post
My god you got less than 20 beers for 50 bucks. I like good tasting beer too, but god damn thats a lot of money. I sure hope your using the good beer for your first two then switching over.
Well keep in mind I had a $40 gift card so I bought some things I usually wouldn't. I usually only have 1 or 2 of them after work or with dinner so it'll probably last me a month or so. If I'm doing heavy drinking I just pick up some Nordeast or something.

Old
02-09-2013, 12:55 PM
roon

Anyone do any beer trading?

Old
02-09-2013, 07:25 PM
W75
Wegistewed Usew

vCash: 50
I've got a Spitfire Kentish Ale (Bottle of Britain) and a Guinnes for tonight.

Old
02-09-2013, 07:31 PM
goatvindaloo

Spitfire, good stuff.
Unfortunately impossible to find here in the States. Haven't ever seen any of the Shepherd Neame beers here. I think I miss Bishop's Finger the most.

Old
02-09-2013, 08:05 PM
W75
Wegistewed Usew

Yeah, good stuff. I'm saving Guinnes for the third, because it's almost a breakfast time then

Old
02-14-2013, 07:22 AM
FUBAR McDangles

vCash: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puhis View Post
Also, avoid drinking orange soft drinks or juices with alcohol, otherwise you won't be able to benefit from their incredible effects in terms of easing hangover.
But Orange pop is the number 1 thing I use when mixing with alcohol...its the only pop I drink and its the only stuff that is good with alcohol that I have found.

Oh well.

Also, had a really messed up dream last night involving school, hawt womenz, vampires, a giant robot, and Jonas Brodin. If anyone wants me to elaborate on that I sure can. It was so awkward though.

Old
02-14-2013, 08:43 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I like cola with whiskey, bourbon, and rum. Kinda want to mix up some pineapple/OJ and vodka.

Big day today...

Old
02-14-2013, 10:59 AM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberdachen View Post
Close. Two Totino's party pizzas, baked. Sandwich a layer of prosciutto between them, and then deep fry. Garnish with powdered sugar.

Or just drink straight Finlandia and do away with hangovers forever.
See, I can't afford anything that fancy. Food is expensive in Finland.

That said, your second advice is golden. Straight Finlandia (or any vodka) = no hangover. Once you start mixing stuff in... oh boy.

02-14-2013, 11:16 AM
Piffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
I like cola with whiskey, bourbon, and rum.
Good choices. I love my beer as well, but I'm watching my weight right now, so I'd rather get drunk, not fat. Liquor and a diet mixer is the way to go.

Also, **** Tequila. I hate that stuff. It's given me the worst hangovers of my life, and it doesn't even taste that good.

Old
02-14-2013, 11:30 AM
Jaykay
Kuemperpedic

Tequila has it's place, I only drink it about once or twice a a year though, otherwise I would get really sick of it.

I like a nice Windsor Coke or Irish coffee most of the time but when I buy good whiskeys I just drink it on the rocks or with a little splash of water.

Old
02-14-2013, 11:38 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piffles View Post
Good choices. I love my beer as well, but I'm watching my weight right now, so I'd rather get drunk, not fat. Liquor and a diet mixer is the way to go.

Also, **** Tequila. I hate that stuff. It's given me the worst hangovers of my life, and it doesn't even taste that good.
Yeah same here. Normally I don't drink during the week and have a few beers on Friday and Saturday nights, but all that was doing was keeping my weight the same, so I'm going to try only having beers a couple times per month.

I read that diet mixers get you drunk faster than regular, which would explain why I get so hammered when I do that. Your body doesn't process the sugars so it goes right to the alcohol which enters the bloodstream faster, or something.

Tonight will be wine, champagne, and maybe an Old Fashioned at the bar.

Old
02-14-2013, 11:38 AM
FUBAR McDangles

See this is why this board needs to dump the beer thread and make it just an alcohol thread. Its nice to see recommendations for alcohol rather than just the 'jack and coke' **** i hear from people here at college and other places on the internet.

I've never had tequila before, is there a specific brand or kind i should try? Among my friends, it seems that the only thing people drink is ****ty rum and ****ty beer. I need options and i have no idea where to start.

Old
02-14-2013, 11:41 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

There ya go, tyra.

By the way, I literally do envision you as Tyra Banks. And no I don't find her all that attractive so it's not weird.

Old
02-14-2013, 11:47 AM
FUBAR McDangles

Quote:
There ya go, tyra.

By the way, I literally do envision you as Tyra Banks. And no I don't find her all that attractive so it's not weird.
Thanks

I used to have a crush on tyra banks. Not so much for the past 4-5 years though. Its kinda nice that she had(has?) actual curves though.

Anyway, as a college student, i've only been drinking for about a year now. I havent been able to experience a whole lot and have no idea what is actually good together. Anyone have any good mixes that they could recommend? I'm pretty much game for anything.

My favorite for a while was orange fanta and bacardi dragonberry. Got kind of burnt out on that though.

Old
02-14-2013, 11:50 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Oh wow. I'd make fun of that, but I drank some girly stuff at first.

Old
02-14-2013, 11:52 AM
Uberdachen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puhis View Post
See, I can't afford anything that fancy. Food is expensive in Finland.

That said, your second advice is golden. Straight Finlandia (or any vodka) = no hangover. Once you start mixing stuff in... oh boy.
Yeap. The hangover comes from all that other crap. Vodka's your purest starting point, so only adding ice/water won't hurt you. Provided you aren't buying off the bottom two shelves or so in the U.S., that is. I could break the brands down forever, but for the ones least likely to eff you up, Finlandia tends to be the cheapest here by far. Like, 1/3 the price of Grey Goose or 1/2 the price of Ketel One and just as good.

Diet mixed in will get you lit up pretty quickly. It will also make you feel like your brain is a little loose in the morning, but will still be a lot more bearable than tequila hangovers.

Old
02-14-2013, 11:56 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I like Sobieski vodka. Rye, pretty clean, cheap.

Old
02-14-2013, 11:57 AM
Dudicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post
See this is why this board needs to dump the beer thread and make it just an alcohol thread. Its nice to see recommendations for alcohol rather than just the 'jack and coke' **** i hear from people here at college and other places on the internet.

I've never had tequila before, is there a specific brand or kind i should try? Among my friends, it seems that the only thing people drink is ****ty rum and ****ty beer. I need options and i have no idea where to start.
I could get behind a whisk(e)y thread. I'm no connoisseur, but I love me some bourbon or scotch.

If you are going to shoot tequila, for the love of God make sure it's silver, not gold. Patron is a good one to try.

Old
02-14-2013, 11:59 AM
Dudicles

Quote:
I like Sobieski vodka. Rye, pretty clean, cheap.
The best vodka I've ever had is Reyka. It's a tad more expensive, but oh so smooth!

Old
02-14-2013, 12:01 PM
Uberdachen

Sobieski isn't bad, but switching to plastic bottles dropped it out of competing with a few others for me.

Reyka is fantastic, and has a very unique flavor to it. Most of the western European vodkas avoid flavor, but they hit upon candy.

Old
02-14-2013, 12:05 PM
Jaykay
Kuemperpedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudicles View Post
I could get behind a whisk(e)y thread. I'm no connoisseur, but I love me some bourbon or scotch.

If you are going to shoot tequila, for the love of God make sure it's silver, not gold. Patron is a good one to try.
Good recommendation, Patron is obviously a good starting point because it's so easy to drink but it's pretty spendy. I usually just look for something that's 100% agave when I'm going to be taking shots of it. If you're just making margs you can be cheap and get something really ****** like Durango though.

Old
02-14-2013, 12:07 PM
Lapa
Global Moderator
miek yoe pls

I'm curious, do you Americans mix Red Bull & Jägermaister? It's a common drink here in Finland and when we drank those in Prague, some British guys in the next table hadn't seen anything like that before.

Old
02-14-2013, 12:15 PM
Generic User
Dynamic as they come

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post
But Orange pop is the number 1 thing I use when mixing with alcohol...its the only pop I drink and its the only stuff that is good with alcohol that I have found.

Oh well.

Also, had a really messed up dream last night involving school, hawt womenz, vampires, a giant robot, and Jonas Brodin. If anyone wants me to elaborate on that I sure can. It was so awkward though.
I only chase with soda I don't normally drink. Gotta keep those two parts of my life separate to prevent one from ruining the other.

Think we can fill in the details on your dream. Was he a good kisser?

And to add to the conversation, my three amigos in no particular order are whiskey, vodka, tequila. Not huge on beer. Have to be in the mood for it or at a game/concert or on a boat in the summer.

Old
02-14-2013, 12:15 PM
Jaykay
Kuemperpedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapa View Post
I'm curious, do you Americans mix Red Bull & Jägermaister? It's a common drink here in Finland and when we drank those in Prague, some British guys in the next table hadn't seen anything like that before.
Absolutely.

I think Jager is a lot more popular in Minnesota and Wisconsin than it is in other parts of the country though.

Lewis Black brings it up around 3:45-

Closed Thread