HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Ottawa Wholesale

Closed Thread

Old
02-14-2013, 11:46 AM
DG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
For the millionth time, we're not doing anything like this right now. We're ADDING players, guaranteed, the Sens will add a forward and a D-man in the very near future.
I agree that we're not in firesale mode because... that's ridiculous, but I really don't think that we should be trading for a forward and D-man "in the very near future", unless it's future planning as opposed to desperation.

Old
02-14-2013, 11:46 AM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthewings View Post
Oh god.
What's this fascination with throwing in the towel? Yes, it sucks and yes it hurts, but come on. We have a Vezina caliber goalie in there and a solid young core, add a couple of NHL players and see what you have then make a call at the deadline.

People who think the Sens will throw in the towel now are naive.

Old
02-14-2013, 11:48 AM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG View Post
I agree that we're not in firesale mode because... that's ridiculous, but I really don't think that we should be trading for a forward and D-man "in the very near future", unless it's future planning as opposed to desperation.
Murray's always had a crush on Cogliano, no clue what D-man he'll go after, but we'll see I guess. If Murray goes big, then it could be someone like ROR he targets. In fact, I believe Dreger said that he was kicking the tires on ROR and a D-man from Colorado (blah).

Old
02-14-2013, 11:53 AM
inthewings

Quote:
What's this fascination with throwing in the towel? Yes, it sucks and yes it hurts, but come on. We have a Vezina caliber goalie in there and a solid young core, add a couple of NHL players and see what you have then make a call at the deadline.

People who think the Sens will throw in the towel now are naive.
I don't expect them to "throw in the towel" in the sense of immediately selling off veterans, but this isn't time to go chasing UFAs like Weiss. IMO Murray should stand pat until the deadline, and then maybe sell at the deadline. Hopefully any additions help in the long-term.

I also think we should cool it with the "Vezina-caliber goalie" talk for another 20+ games, but that's another thread.

Old
02-14-2013, 11:54 AM
Lacaar

Sit tight till the trade deadline. Then make the decision.
If Ottawa is playing good and lining themselves up for a playoff spot why trade any vets?

Once you get into the playoffs it's anyone's game.

Just too early to make this type of decision is all.

Old
02-14-2013, 12:00 PM
BK201

Neil Won't be moved that's for sure.

I see Lundin as a possible resign.

Player that are more likely available will depend in how this plays out.

Old
02-14-2013, 12:13 PM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthewings View Post
I don't expect them to "throw in the towel" in the sense of immediately selling off veterans, but this isn't time to go chasing UFAs like Weiss. IMO Murray should stand pat until the deadline, and then maybe sell at the deadline. Hopefully any additions help in the long-term.

I also think we should cool it with the "Vezina-caliber goalie" talk for another 20+ games, but that's another thread.
It is the time to chase UFAs. Not Weiss, that's too expensive for us right now, but stop-gaps until Spezza comes back and a D-man who can help fill the offensive void left by Kalrsson.

Or, make a massive trade that lands you young pieces for the future - again, like ROR.

Old
02-14-2013, 12:16 PM
DG

Quote:
Murray's always had a crush on Cogliano, no clue what D-man he'll go after, but we'll see I guess. If Murray goes big, then it could be someone like ROR he targets. In fact, I believe Dreger said that he was kicking the tires on ROR and a D-man from Colorado (blah).
Yeah, and I'm ok with that because ROR could be part of the team's future. Cogs is ok, though I'm not sure that helps us at all...

I just hope he doesn't go after a UFA like Weiss... warm bodies to help finish the year if anything.

Old
02-14-2013, 12:16 PM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK201 View Post
Neil Won't be moved that's for sure.

I see Lundin as a possible resign.

Player that are more likely available will depend in how this plays out.
What can Lundin bring that Boroweicki can't or Benoit for that matter?

Old
02-14-2013, 12:19 PM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG View Post
Yeah, and I'm ok with that because ROR could be part of the team's future. Cogs is ok, though I'm not sure that helps us at all...

I just hope he doesn't go after a UFA like Weiss... warm bodies to help finish the year if anything.
He won't unless he feels he can re-sign him IMO. Weiss is a prize at this point, he'll be sought after and he's stocked the cupboards in Ottawa with a spoil of riches, I doubt he wants to just toss them away. That said, I think he's gonna do something.

Is it possible that Zibanejad + goes for a young, stud, right handed D-man? I would say that that's a possibility personally. Who really knows though...

Old
02-14-2013, 12:32 PM
SixthSens
RIP Kev

On the first page.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1349767

Closed Thread