HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oscar Klefbom Thread | 10GP: 0G-3A-3PTS +7

Closed Thread

Old
01-12-2013, 10:05 PM
SouthSwe

vCash: 500
Hello boys, just wanted to chip in here again, been a while.
Anyway, Klefbom the other day said that there is a chance, a very very small one tho,
but still a possibility that he will play again in time for the playoffs over here.
THO this was said one or two days before the lockout was finally over so the Oilers might have a say in this.

Still good news tho, no matter in what team he plays We sure wud need him with 5-6 long term injuries all season long.

Also just wanted to get some frustration off my shoulders. It's nice to discuss with hockey fans not normally watching SEL hockey and SEL officiating.
Those who followed my posts about Klefbom last season knows how much I love Swedish refs

Sorry for the upcoming long post, bare with me Finally we all can start watching NHL again, and let's all hope for a fantastic Oilers season and hopefully the debut of our young Klefbomb!

These two clips are from 2 games, only 2 days apart.
Been alot of crap like this lately around the league, making players, fans, commentators and experts rage.

Situation 1: 2 min illegal equipment.
Sit 2: No penalties.
Sit 3: Tollefsen 10 min misconduct, no other penalties.
Sit 4: Jämtin 2+2 roughing, Berglund 2 min goalie interference.

We play 4 on 5, get that penalty, they score both in 5 on 3 and in 5 on 4, making 3-0, later winning 3-2... Thank u ref.

Last edited by SouthSwe: 01-12-2013 at 10:10 PM.
Old
01-12-2013, 10:14 PM
40oz

He got two minutes for having his helmet knocked off? Yeesh

Also, Tollefson got trolled hard.

Just brutal reffing...

It would be crazy to see Klefbom make it back in time for play offs. Thanks for the updates!

Old
01-12-2013, 11:04 PM
molsonmuscle360

vCash: 50
Lots of rookies see their first ice time in the playoffs. It's just the nature of the sport with guys getting hurt, it will especially happen this year. So it would be nice to have someone that is at least used to playing against grown men slotting in if we have some injury issues on the blueline.

Old
01-13-2013, 01:08 AM
mossy joe
keep it riel

the illegal equipment call looks legit to me. if that rule is that you can't contribute to the play when your helmet has been knocked, then he clearly has the hook on that guy, and the ref calls it right when he does it.

Old
02-08-2013, 07:44 AM
LaGu

Bump.

Yesterday Klefbom stepped in behind the bench as head coach of Farjestad when they played their yearly game against the fan club. He lead his team to a 9-7 victory despite being up against a strong team consisting of amongst other Hakan Loob and Jorgen Jonsson who chose to play with the fan's team.

Anyway, that wasn't the reason for bumping this thread... Seeing Brodin step up as he has in Minnesota got me thinking of Klefbom seeing as both Swedes and others have been looking at these two and arguing who is and/or will be the best of them. I have been firmly in the Klefbom camp despite that I think that Brodin was/is/will be an amazing player. At this point I can honestly say that I don't even care anymore, if Klefbom becomes half the player Brodin looks to become we'll have a really good defenseman right there.

Damn, I can't get over how good Brodin has looked since he was given the chance to play. Back from injury - one game in the AHL - called up for his first NHL game against Detroit - second game moved up to first pair with Suter, and there he remains...

In my perfect world Klefbom does a Brodin and we'll end up with a freaking amazing top pair with Justin Schultz and Klefbom.

Old
02-08-2013, 09:25 AM
Jimmi Jenkins
Just Walk Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaGu View Post
Bump.

Yesterday Klefbom stepped in behind the bench as head coach of Farjestad when they played their yearly game against the fan club. He lead his team to a 9-7 victory despite being up against a strong team consisting of amongst other Hakan Loob and Jorgen Jonsson who chose to play with the fan's team.

Anyway, that wasn't the reason for bumping this thread... Seeing Brodin step up as he has in Minnesota got me thinking of Klefbom seeing as both Swedes and others have been looking at these two and arguing who is and/or will be the best of them. I have been firmly in the Klefbom camp despite that I think that Brodin was/is/will be an amazing player. At this point I can honestly say that I don't even care anymore, if Klefbom becomes half the player Brodin looks to become we'll have a really good defenseman right there.

Damn, I can't get over how good Brodin has looked since he was given the chance to play. Back from injury - one game in the AHL - called up for his first NHL game against Detroit - second game moved up to first pair with Suter, and there he remains...

In my perfect world Klefbom does a Brodin and we'll end up with a freaking amazing top pair with Justin Schultz and Klefbom.
Klefbom and Schultz will probably look very nice.

And that annual event seems kind of awesome.

Old
02-08-2013, 10:59 AM
jalbert

Damn, I'm excited to see this kid dawning an Oiler jersey in the NHL! Hopefully we do make playoffs and Klefbom is healthy enough to play ! Klefbom and Shultz would be deadly IMO.

Old
02-14-2013, 08:22 AM
DrDrai

Sounds like klefbom is in town.

@mps_91: Having dinner with @Landie51 and Oscar Klefbom... #newkidintown #niceguy!

Old
02-14-2013, 10:28 AM
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit

Yeah he was at the Dallas game. Said there was a chance he could be back at the end of the year if he pushed things but he's just going to wait until next season's training camp

Old
02-14-2013, 11:00 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 369
Talk about timing of an article

http://oilers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=655598

"People back home want me to play, but I think there's a very, very, very small chance of that happening," said Klefbom. "It's my goal to play over here in Edmonton next season and in order to that, I want to be as fit and as healthy as I can possibly be. As much as I'd like to be back on the ice and help Farjestad, I need to be ready for next year. I don't want to risk anything by playing sooner than I should. It's tough watching, but I'm comfortable waiting. It's what's best for my career and best for the Oilers."

Old
02-14-2013, 11:05 AM
Oiltankjob Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Talk about timing of an article

http://oilers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=655598

"People back home want me to play, but I think there's a very, very, very small chance of that happening," said Klefbom. "It's my goal to play over here in Edmonton next season and in order to that, I want to be as fit and as healthy as I can possibly be. As much as I'd like to be back on the ice and help Farjestad, I need to be ready for next year. I don't want to risk anything by playing sooner than I should. It's tough watching, but I'm comfortable waiting. It's what's best for my career and best for the Oilers."
Nice to see him putting Oilers front and center.

Old
02-14-2013, 11:23 AM
bsmith14

I saw him in Edmonton in the summer and said hello, no one else seemed to recognize him so I figured I wasnt bothering him all that much. He was a really nice kid, seemed down to earth. He is absolutely massive (and ripped) for an 19 year old. I wouldnt be surprised if he returns early, the kid is an adonis.

Old
02-14-2013, 11:31 AM
OneMoreAstronaut
Reduce chainsaw size

vCash: 1360
I was just thinking about him yesterday. Man, do I ever hope he's ready to go next year!

Old
02-14-2013, 11:38 AM
Turrican*
Not a homer

Omg we can finally get rid of Whitney/Potter!

Smid, Petry, Schultz, Schultz, Fistric, Klefbom?

I wouldn't mind running that for next year barring trades.

Old
02-14-2013, 11:40 AM
MeestaDeteta

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leman Russ View Post
Omg we can finally get rid of Whitney/Potter!

Smid, Petry, Schultz, Schultz, Fistric, Klefbom?

I wouldn't mind running that for next year barring trades.
I hope they give him a year in the AHL, instead of rushing him.

Old
02-14-2013, 11:44 AM
Jimmi Jenkins
Just Walk Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailor Hopberle View Post
I hope they give him a year in the AHL, instead of rushing him.
I hope they let him compete for a spot and let him earn where he will play.

Old
02-14-2013, 11:57 AM
CornKicker
Still burning Lowood

vCash: 694
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
agree, he kid seems very mature and is a phenominal skater. I think he will be just fine in the nhl.

Old
02-14-2013, 12:06 PM
YAKUGOD
BELIEVE.

he is the most handsome oiler hands down in history

Old
02-14-2013, 12:15 PM
Booya42
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) What the...

Good Guy Klefbom...doing the right thing.

Old
02-14-2013, 12:42 PM
jadeddog

Quote:
exactly... if he is good enough for the NHL, then let him play... something tells me he won't be quite ready out of training camp though, as he has missed pretty much this entire season and will be rusty.... i would see how he does in the AHL and then bring him up for a callup if his play warrants it

Old
02-14-2013, 12:47 PM
MeestaDeteta

vCash: 250
Quote:
I hear what you're saying, but I'm tired of the Oilers rushing prospects and impeding their development. I'd rather follow Detroit's model.

Old
02-14-2013, 12:56 PM
Turrican*
Not a homer

He is already better than Potter/Whits.

Old
02-14-2013, 01:22 PM
CornKicker
Still burning Lowood

vCash: 694
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog View Post
exactly... if he is good enough for the NHL, then let him play... something tells me he won't be quite ready out of training camp though, as he has missed pretty much this entire season and will be rusty.... i would see how he does in the AHL and then bring him up for a callup if his play warrants it
if his injury is healing the way it sounds it is they should let him finish the season in OKC

Old
02-14-2013, 01:35 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailor Hopberle View Post
I hear what you're saying, but I'm tired of the Oilers rushing prospects and impeding their development. I'd rather follow Detroit's model.
I still don't see this. I suppose one could argue Gagner was rushed even though he almost scored 50 as a rookie, was coming off well over 100p in his final juniour season and tore up the Russian super series prior to jumping to the NHL.

Eberle - 2 years of juniour before NHL
Paajarvi - 1 year in Sweden and tore up the WHC before NHL
Hall/RNH/Yakupov - 1st overall forwards always make their team.

Who could be said to have been rushed? Also, remember that keeping kids in the minors too long sometimes results in them giving up and asking for a trade or leaving to play in Europe.

On topic, I am really glad Klefbom is committing to the Oilers for next season. I feel bad for our Farjestad friends like SouthSwe, but he is ready to come over. I really look forward to him in camp next season, and hope he ends up wherever his play dictates he should be.

Old
02-14-2013, 01:37 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leman Russ View Post
He is already better than Potter/Whits.
So are you, me, my dog and my crazy uncle Greg.

Closed Thread