HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

press conference in 45 minutes / Karlsson season over

Old
02-14-2013, 12:18 PM
guyzeur

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerk Store View Post
Don't make any moves. Give these kids some NHL experience, work on their game. If we get a high pick out of it, good, if not, it means the kids are alright. With Spezz and Karlsson back in next year, we'll be that much better. I would move Bishop for sure for another quality AHL'er at either D or F, get Lehner in some games and watch it unfold. Take the offseason to assess what we need and make the necessary moves. Stock up on picks at the deadline if the opportunity presents itself. We'll be fine in the long run folks, we knew some teams would have injury woes, we just happen to be one of them, but we still have a good team moving forward
We won't trade Bishop for an AHL'er.

guyzeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 12:19 PM
starling

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell on Heels View Post
"/No General Manager wants to help me, I've made calls."
Would've been classy move if Mario now traded his first round pick for Gonch.
Never gonna happen though.

starling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 12:19 PM
Jaromir Jagrbombs

I'm glad it wasn't a full laceration, everything I've read indicates that a partial laceration should completely heal. I don't even care about this season anymore, as long as he's back to 100% for next season!

Jaromir Jagrbombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 12:21 PM
Cujomi
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffy View Post
I thought one quote was interesting. The "Anderson is a core piece and can be here another 5-8 years". I wonder if he is entertaining the possibility of dealing Lehner. I really hope not unless the return is significant, and even then, I don't know. I think we would regret trading Lehner big time. Lehner and Karlsson will lead us to a Cup imo, no question.
If it's moving Anderson or Lehner the answer is Lehner every time. Anderson is proven and playing better than 95% of the goalies in the league ever have, and he's proving himself to be a consistent elite level goalie.

At the end of the day proven talent >>> potential talent always, especially when the potential is to be as good as the proven talent. I know people are in love with prospects and Swedes but that's just reality. If moving Lehner helps this team then you do it and keep Bishop to back-up. Who knows...Bishop also has a lot of potential and a lot of goalies don't blossom until their late 20s/early 30s.

Cujomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 12:26 PM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
I can't believe there is no discipline for Cooke. How long is he going to get away with these hits?

MainDotC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 12:27 PM
Icelevel
little bit better

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatWasNoAccident View Post
I can't believe there is no discipline for Cooke. How long is he going to get away with these hits?
there are a lot of people (the majority?) who see nothing wrong with it. so.......

Icelevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 12:28 PM
source

Good to see people are starting to respond to facts - i.e. laceration not full rupture.

source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 12:32 PM
WilderPegasus*
A REAL Senators fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell on Heels View Post
- Murray has made several calls to GMs since Spezza went down, but "no one wants to trade a good player for someone not in the league yet."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffy View Post
I thought one quote was interesting. The "Anderson is a core piece and can be here another 5-8 years". I wonder if he is entertaining the possibility of dealing Lehner. I really hope not unless the return is significant, and even then, I don't know. I think we would regret trading Lehner big time. Lehner and Karlsson will lead us to a Cup imo, no question.
Murray answered that.

WilderPegasus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 12:37 PM
Daffy

Listen, I don't want to trade Andy at all. I just want to keep Lehner to. And him being Swedish, I could care less about. We've just always had problems with goalies, and I truly believe Lehner will be something very special. He has that it factor, if that's what you want to call it.

Daffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 12:43 PM
SelleckStache

Anderson is something special, right now

SelleckStache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 12:45 PM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
I don't think Andy would have a problem with winning a cup in Ottawa (assuming we have a full ******* lineup), letting Lehner take the reigns and then serving as backup. Assume Lehner matures and is finally able to assume the #1 duties in 2 years how awesome would it be to have him as the #1 and Andy as the #2?

MainDotC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:12 PM
SilverSeven

Jo Innes ‏@JoNana
Ouch. 70% achilles lac. Still, better than a complete transection. 3 mos is an enthusiastic estimate. Full recovery very very likely.

SilverSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:14 PM
SilverSeven

Jo Innes ‏@JoNana
Usually with good rehab (which you KNOW he’ll get) full strength is regained at 6mos to a year.

Jo Innes ‏@JoNana
But regular people can usually get back to their full activity level at 4 mos. hey, who knows - maybe 3 months is possible.

Jo Innes ‏@JoNana
@timjoyce studies show early rehab in athletes gets great results.

SilverSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:16 PM
McFist
Bryan can beat it

I hate the idea of letting Andy go, even for a steep return, when all we have to fall back on is unproven potential. Especially when we have been cursed in the goal crease for pretty much our whole time in the league.

McFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:16 PM
Cowen Time

Soooo, with the later end date to the season, he should be back for the semis or the SC final. Sounds good.

Cowen Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:25 PM
Icelevel
little bit better

video is up on senstv now

Icelevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:28 PM
McFist
Bryan can beat it

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Alfie View Post
Soooo, with the later end date to the season, he should be back for the semis or the SC final. Sounds good.

Hey lend me a pair too, I want to see things like you do! Instead of the sick feeling I've had since last night.

But in the long run we should all feel relieved that his achilles wasn't totally severed. At this point it's just great that he can potentially get back to 100% form.

McFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:33 PM
bert

This draft has 3 franchise players in it they should tank. Trade Gonchar and Anderson for an impact young player and get one of Drouin, Mackinnon or Jones. In 2 years from now this will look like a blessing in disguise.

bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:51 PM
swiftwin
#lalala

Call me crazy, but I think that's almost the best-case scenario.

Atleast if the Sens somehow squeak into the playoffs, we don't have to run into a situation where he might force himself to come back too early and injure himself permanently.

At the same, the fact that it's not 100% cut clean is encouraging news, and means he's likely not going to have long-lasting effects from this injury, and he'll probably be healthy by the summer, and have all summer to train and become even more of a beast.

swiftwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:54 PM
SixthSens
Global Moderator
RIP Kev

vCash: 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert View Post
This draft has 3 franchise players in it they should tank. Trade Gonchar and Anderson for an impact young player and get one of Drouin, Mackinnon or Jones. In 2 years from now this will look like a blessing in disguise.
Bryan Murray begs to differ.

SixthSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 02:06 PM
bert

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixthSens View Post
Bryan Murray begs to differ.
Well clearly how they fair between now and the trade deadline could potentially influence his decision.

But asset management says trading him right now makes the most sense.

bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 02:09 PM
Tundraman
GoneCountry

Shanana is a useless farce

Tundraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 02:26 PM
Hale The Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
Murray is just saying that...he knows we can't contend if we don't make any moves. Sounds like no GMs are willing to help us out. I just don't want to fall into mediocrity. Either tank or compete and if you are going to compete making a ****ing move.
Tanking is for loser teams like the Oilers, or teams that have no other choice like the Islanders.

We're better than that.

Hale The Villain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 02:29 PM
source

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hale The Villain View Post
Tanking is for loser teams like the Oilers, or teams that have no other choice like the Islanders.

We're better than that.
I think decisions will be made on the basis of the team's play over the next 15 games or so. If perform below .500, expect the departure of Gonchar at the least.

source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 02:29 PM
Micklebot

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert View Post
Well clearly how they fair between now and the trade deadline could potentially influence his decision.

But asset management says trading him right now makes the most sense.
#1 goalies don't grow on trees, and the team is nothing without one. Lehner, while very promising, isn't a sure thing to be as good or better. so I don't see how our placement in the standings would change whether trading Anderson is a good idea. Goalies traditionally don't bring back a lot, so I really don't see it a great asset management.

Look at what Florida got for Luongo, who was at the time a far more coveted player: Damaged goods in Bertuzzi, Allen, and Auld. Patrick Roy with Kean only netted Rucinsky, Thibault and Kovalenko.

You won't get a ransom for Anderson, best value is in keeping him.

Micklebot is offline   Reply With Quote