HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs acquire Dustin Tokarski (TB) for Cedrick Desjardins

Closed Thread

Old
02-14-2013, 11:32 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 500
Solide trade Marc!!!

Old
02-14-2013, 11:32 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Monster!

Old
02-14-2013, 11:34 AM
Habtchum*

4 quarters for a loonie...

No more than that.

Old
02-14-2013, 11:38 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Always been a Desjardins fan....never been a Tokarski fan. Though I do understand the trade as Desjardins was really struggling and that Tokarski is still pretty young, it's great to think that Tokarski might improve while Desjardins might be at the end of his improvement curve. Still believe that Desjardins can pull it off on a better team. Pretty tough to analyse a goalie's work with such an incredibly bad team.

So, Tokarski can only grew on me. And you can easily look at the trade and understand why it was made so I have no problem with it. Just that, as of now, I don't believe in Tokarski in the highest league. Still believe Desjardins can make it. But hey....even if Tokarski becomes a AHL'er for life and makes our farm team better....well that's fine with me as well. Just so small for a goalie....but we never know.

Old
02-14-2013, 11:43 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

More or less highlights the lack of goaltending potential in the organization. Another first.

Old
02-14-2013, 11:45 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Always been a Desjardins fan....never been a Tokarski fan. Though I do understand the trade as Desjardins was really struggling and that Tokarski is still pretty young, it's great to think that Tokarski might improve while Desjardins might be at the end of his improvement curve. Still believe that Desjardins can pull it off on a better team. Pretty tough to analyse a goalie's work with such an incredibly bad team.

So, Tokarski can only grew on me. And you can easily look at the trade and understand why it was made so I have no problem with it. Just that, as of now, I don't believe in Tokarski in the highest league. Still believe Desjardins can make it. But hey....even if Tokarski becomes a AHL'er for life and makes our farm team better....well that's fine with me as well. Just so small for a goalie....but we never know.
I used to be a big desjardins fan, then this year happened. He was more inconsistent than I've ever seen him, and that's taking the ****** team in front of him into account. There were also a few times where I started suspecting that he may have a bit of an attitude. Oh well, we re-roll with Tokarski and see what we have.

Old
02-14-2013, 11:46 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

https://twitter.com/LightningTimes
Quote:
GM Yzerman said trade for Desjardins was because in case of injury to Lindback or Garon "we weren't comfortable with our options right now."

Old
02-14-2013, 11:48 AM
No Team Needed

Quote:
Just so small for a goalie....but we never know.
Same size as Halak

Old
02-14-2013, 11:49 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I used to be a big desjardins fan, then this year happened. He was more inconsistent than I've ever seen him, and that's taking the ****** team in front of him into account. There were also a few times where I started suspecting that he may have a bit of an attitude. Oh well, we re-roll with Tokarski and see what we have.
Was just so convinced that Danis and Desjardins, at this day, would be regular backups in this league. I guess goaltending isn't my strong suit....Though in his draft year, I named Steve Mason as the darkhorse of the draft....I looked good when he won the Vezina...but I prefer not talking about it anymore...

Yeah...let's roll with Tokarski. Can't wait to see how he does.

Last edited by One Man Rock Band: 02-14-2013 at 11:55 AM.
Old
02-14-2013, 11:49 AM
Mats86

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticeBeaver View Post
No, I'm from St. John's and Cormier is the only one on the team to have played for Canada at the world juniors.

As for Takarski, I hope he doesn't end up as an AHL plug like his friend.
Okay, I think Habs taking a shot in dark with DT. Many goalies develop late and DT has the pedigree. WJC Gold and outstanding in AHL playoffs last year. Maybe Dudley's thinks money goalie under pressure? At worse, backup to Price. Be no worse than Budai.

Last edited by Mats86: 02-14-2013 at 02:04 PM.
Old
02-14-2013, 11:51 AM
Seb
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Seb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats86 View Post
Okay, I think Habs taking a shot in dark with DK. Many goalies develop late and DK has the pedigree. WJC Gold and outstanding in AHL playoffs last year. Maybe Dudley's thinks money goalie under pressure? At worse, backup to Price. Be no worse than Budai.
Is DK Tokarski? Cause that'd be DT.

Old
02-14-2013, 11:52 AM
No Team Needed

Quote:
Was just so convinced that Danis and Desjardins, at this day, would be regular backups in this league. I guess goaltending isn't my strong suit....Though in his draft year, I named Steve Mason as the darkhorse of the draft....I looked good when he won the Vezina...but I prefer not talking about it anymore...

Mason needs out of Columbus. He plays like a goalie with shot confidence. Doesn't help either that the Detective took his starting position and isn't letting go.

Old
02-14-2013, 11:53 AM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats86 View Post
Okay, I think Habs taking a shot in dark with DK. Many goalies develop late and DK has the pedigree. WJC Gold and outstanding in AHL playoffs last year. Maybe Dudley's thinks money goalie under pressure? At worse, backup to Price. Be no worse than Budai.
Any goalie would be bad playing once every ten games.

Old
02-14-2013, 11:56 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:

Both Desjardins and Danis (not huge sample sizes) have been excellent in the NHL. Hard to fault them for their performances.

Danis posted a .912 SV% over 51 NHL games.

Old
02-14-2013, 12:00 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:

Was going to post the same thing. What puzzles me about both Danis and Desjardins is they had good results in their NHL call ups, but were quickly dismissed. Danis has a career .912 save percentage and Desjardins is 2-0 and a .968 in his NHL body of work.

No matter what the circumstances a 2-0 (.968) and 1.00 gaa should get you more work at the NHL level.

Old
02-14-2013, 12:16 PM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Getz View Post
You weren't even close on the spelling of Ramo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post

I almost died.
My bad. I feel shame. Always mixed those two up for some reason. hahaha.

Happy to have lined myself up for a great zinger and laugh for some guys

Old
02-14-2013, 12:17 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

We've stated that we need a young goaltending prospect in the pipeline, and that we need goaltending depth.

Well, Tokarski certainly fits the bill here. I'm thinking replacement for Budaj as early as next season.

Of course, I may be higher on him than some, but I think he can be a solid backup at the NHL level.

02-14-2013, 12:18 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb View Post
That's it? That's the big joke? He was just screaming like a lil' girl, Jack Edward style, at an amazing save?

Old
Top Corner2

strange deal from Tampas perspective.

anyone know why they would do this?

Old
Habtchum*

Wasn't it Tokarski who was the goalie on the 2012 Calder Trophy winners, the Norfolk Admirals ?

They had a tremendous season too last year.

Desjardins is a Boucher's favourite and with Garon gone next year, they possibly gonna give him the backup job.

Same with Tokarski and Budaj.

Old
02-14-2013, 12:27 PM
No Team Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Corner2 View Post
strange deal from Tampas perspective.

anyone know why they would do this?
Yzerman wants a goalie who can play in the NHL or at least warm up the bench if one of his platoon goes down.

Tampa also has one of the best goalie prospects in the NHL and a comparative goalie to Tokarski. They look like what Montreal did in 2006. They can afford to make this move. Also, some have said that Tampa did not like Tokarski's style.

Old
02-14-2013, 12:28 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
That's it? That's the big joke? He was just screaming like a lil' girl, Jack Edward style, at an amazing save?
That was the tip. But McGuire talked about Tokarski all tournament in a style similar to how they talked about Nuge this year.

Old
02-14-2013, 12:28 PM
BlackStar

Quote:

You are right, goaltending isn't your strong suit, he never won the Veniza

Old
02-14-2013, 12:29 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
My bad. I feel shame. Always mixed those two up for some reason. hahaha.

Happy to have lined myself up for a great zinger and laugh for some guys
I thought you were drunk and talking about Niinimaa for something reason.

Old
02-14-2013, 12:36 PM
Top Corner2

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
Yzerman wants a goalie who can play in the NHL or at least warm up the bench if one of his platoon goes down.

Tampa also has one of the best goalie prospects in the NHL and a comparative goalie to Tokarski. They look like what Montreal did in 2006. They can afford to make this move. Also, some have said that Tampa did not like Tokarski's style.
Yeah makes sense.... still seems odd as they could have signed Desjardin in the offseason

Closed Thread