HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#13 - 02/14/2013 | New York Islanders @ New York Rangers | 7:00 PM - MSG

Closed Thread

Old
02-14-2013, 02:03 PM
Cresto
In the pantry

vCash: 500
Let's fluke a win tonight, boys.

Old
02-14-2013, 02:07 PM
dmjt4160

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Case in defense of Kreider: "He hasn't done anything!"

Case against Boyle: "He hasn't done anything!"

No double standard here. Just one standard for Boyle, and a completely different standard for Kreider.
For the love of God this this this this this this this this this

Old
02-14-2013, 02:08 PM
Cmox

Keep the streak alive!

Old
02-14-2013, 02:10 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Gaborik is what he is. Kreider is a work in progress.

When Kreider scores 40 goals in the NHL, we can discuss this further.
My point is I doubt Kreider ever becomes a guy that will be a dominant force shift in and shift out. IMO he'll at best be a Gaborik or Stamkos without the insane production. A guy that gets his points but is more of a quiet player. Seriously, if Staal and Gabby cashed in on 2 GLORIOUS chances (both were also good passes too, wouldn't have been cheap assists), are we talking about how poorly he has played? How many chances have we created in these games that were better than those?

Old
02-14-2013, 02:10 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

They're probably trying to get Miller's games in before making a decision on him. If Miller gets kept, Kreider will be sent down, and vice versa.

Old
02-14-2013, 02:12 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

For the love of God, why does every GDT start with a 10 page argument about Brian Boyle?

Old
02-14-2013, 02:13 PM
16 To Stanley*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Our run last year wasn't a fluke. Though, I wonder what would have happened if we didn't get that BS call for a 5 on 3 in game 6. Still could have won, but it becomes tricky. The 3 OT losses in 2 years is not a fluke, but sounds a lot better than it actually is. You and some people like to pretend that the reason we blew the lead to Boston was because Brian "best defensive forward ever" Boyle wasn't playing. I gave you a # of collapses we had with Boyle in. Including two 3rd period 3 goal collapses. To pretend like it's some guarantee we wouldn't blow the lead because of Boyle is ridiculously overrating him.
You're bound to blow leads once in a blue moon, regardless of your personnel. I've seen Boyle help to protect many more leads than hes blown.

I'm working off a sample size of three games, you're working off a sample size of 100+. I'm not to good with percentages, but i'm gonna wager my argument is a little stronger.

Old
02-14-2013, 02:13 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
For the love of God, why does every GDT start with a 10 page argument about Brian Boyle?
Only 8 pages.

Presumptuous much?

Old
02-14-2013, 02:15 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
My point is I doubt Kreider ever becomes a guy that will be a dominant force shift in and shift out. IMO he'll at best be a Gaborik or Stamkos without the insane production. A guy that gets his points but is more of a quiet player. Seriously, if Staal and Gabby cashed in on 2 GLORIOUS chances (both were also good passes too, wouldn't have been cheap assists), are we talking about how poorly he has played? How many chances have we created in these games that were better than those?
The thing is, Torts is going to push Kreider to play better and more assertive. We all have to understand the Rangers want more out of him than just being invisible at most points. If they try and he becomes an offensive player only, fine. But they are going to try and mold him into an all-around player who can also score. But at this point, he really isn't even being assertive on offense.

Old
JCrusher*

Kreider strated the season badly i admit that BUT the ankle injury didnt help. I still dont think Torts uses Kreider enough/effectively. In the devils game Kreider was our best forward BECAUSE he got some PP time and he played with brad richards. Miller is not good at setting people up and even though i respect callahan he sint good either. I guarantee if kreider is put with stepan/richards he would score a bunch of goals. also his passing has been impressive

Old
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
How many games has Boyle played in where the Rangers have hung onto a lead int eh 3rd period?
Yep, clearly Hank, McDonagh, Staal, Girardi, even Del Zotto have nothing to do with that. Going back to last year- Prust, Fedotenko, etc. In fact the other 29 teams in the NHL blow 3rd period leads, clearly they can't hang on to them without Brian friggin Boyle, amirite?

Seriously, Vancouver didn't lose a game in regulation for several years after taking a lead into the 3rd. How did they do that? Does Brian Boyle play for them too?

MOST teams have great records heading into the 3rd with a lead.

Old
Cmox

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Sent: Feb 14, 2013 11:27a

#NYR Boyle will play tonight vs. Isles. Excited to be back in the lineup, wants to create more offense, play sharper on PK

sent via Mobile Web (M2)
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/KatieStrangESPN/s...91701697253376
That's okay Brian just stick to the defensive aspect of the game. If you want to create offense just park your humongous body in front of the goalie and for the love of god don't try to carry the puck into the zone.

Old
02-14-2013, 02:17 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Maybe because he was called up in favor of our best prospect?

Old
02-14-2013, 02:18 PM
JCrusher*

Quote:
The thing is, Torts is going to push Kreider to play better and more assertive. We all have to understand the Rangers want more out of him than just being invisible at most points. If they try and he becomes an offensive player only, fine. But they are going to try and mold him into an all-around player who can also score. But at this point, he really isn't even being assertive on offense.

He doesnt get many chances to be fair. The kid can flat out score but when your ice time is limited and when you play with grinders instead of guys who can set you up its hard to score

Old
Krams
what a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Case in defense of Kreider: "He hasn't done anything!"

Case against Boyle: "He hasn't done anything!"

No double standard here. Just one standard for Boyle, and a completely different standard for Kreider.
Kreider is infinitely more talented than Boyle. That's the argument.

Old
NYR Viper

Quote:
Yep, clearly Hank, McDonagh, Staal, Girardi, even Del Zotto have nothing to do with that. Going back to last year- Prust, Fedotenko, etc. In fact the other 29 teams in the NHL blow 3rd period leads, clearly they can't hang on to them without Brian friggin Boyle, amirite?

Seriously, Vancouver didn't lose a game in regulation for several years after taking a lead into the 3rd. How did they do that? Does Brian Boyle play for them too?

MOST teams have great records heading into the 3rd with a lead.
You're argument was to use a few games where the Rangers blew a lead. I say there are a lot more games where they kept the lead and then say they don't matter because Brian Boyle didn't do all the work?

Old
02-14-2013, 02:20 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers723 View Post
He doesnt get many chances to be fair. The kid can flat out score but when your ice time is limited and when you play with grinders instead of guys who can set you up its hard to score
That's part of being a young player in the NHL, especially on a winning team. Most players don't come in and play 20+ minutes a night with the teams best players. He has to figure it out like the thousands of young players before him. He has to use those 10 minutes each game and do things well or else he won't be moved up.

Teams don't just give more minutes to a player because they think he needs more time to be successful. Earn it.

Old
02-14-2013, 02:22 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 To Stanley View Post
You're bound to blow leads once in a blue moon, regardless of your personnel. I've seen Boyle help to protect many more leads than hes blown.

I'm working off a sample size of three games, you're working off a sample size of 100+. I'm not to good with percentages, but i'm gonna wager my argument is a little stronger.
This is so silly. So just because it happened to happen in one of these 3 games that means that Boyle being out is the reason for the collapse? That can't be a coincidence? If I put my money on 25 on the roulette, by your logic if I hit it on the 3rd try I have a higher chance of getting 25 than you do if it took you 100 tries. Maybe it just so happened that coincidentally it hit 25 within 3 tries for me and it took 100 tries for you.

Old
02-14-2013, 02:23 PM
shoothepuck

Let's all have fish sticks for dinner with an extra helping of Tartar sauce

Old
02-14-2013, 02:23 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
You're argument was to use a few games where the Rangers blew a lead. I say there are a lot more games where they kept the lead and then say they don't matter because Brian Boyle didn't do all the work?
I'm saying it's not proof that we would have kept the lead with Boyle. Boyle wasn't the main reason we kept those leads.

Old
02-14-2013, 02:24 PM
JCrusher*

Quote:
That's part of being a young player in the NHL, especially on a winning team. Most players don't come in and play 20+ minutes a night with the teams best players. He has to figure it out like the thousands of young players before him. He has to use those 10 minutes each game and do things well or else he won't be moved up.

Teams don't just give more minutes to a player because they think he needs more time to be successful. Earn it.
Krieder had played well since returing. At least better than miller IMO. His defense was good last game in fact he helped a 2 on 1 boston had on del zotto and i thought his covergaes were good to. I mean the kid cant score every game especially on that line

Old
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFW View Post
Kreider is infinitely more talented than Boyle. That's the argument.
And, IMO, it's a poor argument.

I don't know why a large portion of the fanbase finds it necessary to dissect players into their individual skills compared to what they accomplish.

If I was looking for an investment adviser, I would be interested in seeing their previous investing track record. I have a feeling a large portion of this board would be interested in good posture, solid penmanship, a firm handshake, etc.

Old
NYR Viper

Alright, we need to stop the Boyle discussion in this thread. Let's talk about the Fishstix and all that stuff...

And yes, I am pretty much yelling at myself right now for feeding the animals at the zoo...

Old
02-14-2013, 02:25 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Hmmm, someones got to come out - but I wouldn't have chosen Kreider. I know he hasn't been tearing it up with his play, but I felt like he played a solid defensive game and had good position on the forecheck, was involved - albeit without the speed he needs to bring.

A little perturbed about how they are handling Kreids. Either let him play or send him down - he needs time. Personally I believe he belongs in the NHL and needs to find his game here - and that means playing games.

Old
02-14-2013, 02:25 PM
SnowblindNYR

The saddest part is, Kreider plays against Boston who is 3 or 4 deep. When we hit a team like the Isles who he can be a difference maker he's scratched.

Closed Thread