HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#13 - 02/14/2013 | New York Islanders @ New York Rangers | 7:00 PM - MSG

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-14-2013, 02:26 PM
  #201
16 To Stanley*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,468
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
This is so silly. So just because it happened to happen in one of these 3 games that means that Boyle being out is the reason for the collapse? That can't be a coincidence? If I put my money on 25 on the roulette, by your logic if I hit it on the 3rd try I have a higher chance of getting 25 than you do if it took you 100 tries. Maybe it just so happened that coincidentally it hit 25 within 3 tries for me and it took 100 tries for you.
This is silly but you're argument of picking out 3 games over the course of probably 170 that Boyle has been an integral part of protecting a lead in the third isn't? You're so biased its pathetic.

And yes, those other players were big parts of protecting leads. But lets not act like Boyle wasn't put out there at the end of nearly every 1 goal game we had last season. He was torts favorite and most trusted forward in those situations, hands down. But seeing your argument i think you only caught the 3 leads they blew and missed the other wins we had last year.

16 To Stanley* is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 02:28 PM
  #202
JohnC
#FreeSteve
 
JohnC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,790
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoftEuro4thLiner View Post
Shhht, stop making sense. We're not used to that here. Join in with the crowd going nuts and you'll be fine.
Fine

Trade everyone and fire Torts!!!

JohnC is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 02:28 PM
  #203
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,690
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
And, IMO, it's a poor argument.

I don't know why a large portion of the fanbase finds it necessary to dissect players into their individual skills compared to what they accomplish.

If I was looking for an investment adviser, I would be interested in seeing their previous investing track record. I have a feeling a large portion of this board would be interested in good posture, solid penmanship, a firm handshake, etc.
What has Boyle accomplished? One fluke 20 goal season? Overrated defense?

SnowblindNYR is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 02:31 PM
  #204
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,690
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 To Stanley View Post
This is silly but you're argument of picking out 3 games over the course of probably 170 that Boyle has been an integral part of protecting a lead in the third isn't? You're so biased its pathetic.

And yes, those other players were big parts of protecting leads. But lets not act like Boyle wasn't put out there at the end of nearly every 1 goal game we had last season. He was torts favorite and most trusted forward in those situations, hands down. But seeing your argument i think you only caught the 3 leads they blew and missed the other wins we had last year.
Pretending like only Boyle could do that is pretty funny. Take a look at records in today's NHL of teams leading after 2. You have some garbage teams like Montreal last year that blow a lot of those leads but the majority of the teams don't lose much at all after leading after 2. Does Brian Boyle play on all of these teams?

Also, was it the lack of Brian Boyle that cause Lundqvist to give up a bad rebound or have puck bounce to Marchand's stick?

SnowblindNYR is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 02:32 PM
  #205
JCrusher*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,313
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
The saddest part is, Kreider plays against Boston who is 3 or 4 deep. When we hit a team like the Isles who he can be a difference maker he's scratched.
Its Ironic because Kreider wasnt bad against Boston. He didnt turn teh puck over he drew penalties, he almost score and his defense was pretty good yet he is benched lol

JCrusher* is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 02:32 PM
  #206
16 To Stanley*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,468
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Pretending like only Boyle could do that is pretty funny. Take a look at records in today's NHL of teams leading after 2. You have some garbage teams like Montreal last year that blow a lot of those leads but the majority of the teams don't lose much at all after leading after 2. Does Brian Boyle play on all of these teams?

Also, was it the lack of Brian Boyle that cause Lundqvist to give up a bad rebound or have puck bounce to Marchand's stick?
Proof of a weak argument is when people start using hypotheticals.

16 To Stanley* is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 02:33 PM
  #207
Krams
what a time
 
Krams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Capital District
Posts: 4,307
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
And, IMO, it's a poor argument.

I don't know why a large portion of the fanbase finds it necessary to dissect players into their individual skills compared to what they accomplish.

If I was looking for an investment adviser, I would be interested in seeing their previous investing track record. I have a feeling a large portion of this board would be interested in good posture, solid penmanship, a firm handshake, etc.
Kreider isn't going to have a track record if you don't play him. He will not make the transition into becoming an NHLer if he's sitting in the press box for Brian Boyle. He has got to be developed and developed NOW. Playing him for a game here and there and then sitting him down for a game does nothing but hurt him and won't help him get into a rhythm. I'd much rather see Kreider playing to his full potential than Boyle playing to his full potential.

If you want to see more dump-and-chase hockey, errant passes to vacant positions, weak shots that go wide, then I guess this is the right move.

Krams is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 02:33 PM
  #208
M Gaz
Drink to me
 
M Gaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 2,199
vCash: 500
OMG Boyle is back in the lineup! We're gonna get crushed!

Holy **** people. I don't think I've ever seen so much hate for one man.

M Gaz is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 02:34 PM
  #209
Greg02
Registered User
 
Greg02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NashtyAttack View Post
OMG Boyle is back in the lineup! We're gonna get crushed!

Holy **** people. I don't think I've ever seen so much hate for one man.
Marek Malik?

Greg02 is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 02:35 PM
  #210
JCrusher*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,313
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFW View Post
Kreider isn't going to have a track record if you don't play him. He will not make the transition into becoming an NHLer if he's sitting in the press box for Brian Boyle. He has got to be developed and developed NOW. Playing him for a game here and there and then sitting him down for a game does nothing but hurt him and won't help him get into a rhythm. I'd much rather see Kreider playing to his full potential than Boyle playing to his full potential.

If you want to see more dump-and-chase hockey, errant passes to vacant positions, weak shots that go wide, then I guess this is the right move.
Exactly. Kreider isnt going to be effective if you limit his icetime and never put him in good situations. Im not saying Kreider is a first line player but its been prove in the playoffs and in a few situations that kreider can really be effective when playing with guys like richards

JCrusher* is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 02:37 PM
  #211
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup
 
GWOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 15,493
vCash: 500
Kreider played one of his better games against the Isles, who play an up-tempo game.

Its not an issue of who's deserving to play. It should be about strategy and matchups.

Boyle didn't earn his way back because Kreider didn't earn a demotion. You make a change when the situation warrants it. This situation doesn't warrant it.

I really hate Torts more times than not.

Whatever, I guess. A win is a win. If they win.

GWOW is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 02:37 PM
  #212
16 To Stanley*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,468
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers723 View Post
Exactly. Kreider isnt going to be effective if you limit his icetime and never put him in good situations. Im not saying Kreider is a first line player but its been prove in the playoffs and in a few situations that kreider can really be effective when playing with guys like richards
were you this upset after callahan got sent down after playing half a season with the rangers? how about del zotto? Sometimes guys need to do different things to learn how to play an all around game.

16 To Stanley* is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 02:39 PM
  #213
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,931
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFW View Post
Kreider is infinitely more talented than Boyle. That's the argument.
Well, Brian was also a first round draft pick whose BC career was much better than Kreider's.

That said, I get the point.

Fitzy is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 02:39 PM
  #214
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,690
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 To Stanley View Post
Proof of a weak argument is when people start using hypotheticals.
Where are the hypotheticals? Lundqvist gave up a bad rebound and Marchand got a lucky bounce. The rest is true too.

SnowblindNYR is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 02:39 PM
  #215
Ail
k.
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 18,128
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoothepuck View Post
Let's all have fish sticks for dinner with an extra helping of Tartar sauce
Dude, I love tartar sauce!

Also, Brian Boyle.







Am I doing it right?

__________________

rip
Ail is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 02:39 PM
  #216
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 16,677
vCash: 500
Expected Boyle in eventually, just didn't think it would be for Kreider.

Think its a mistake because we become less talented and slower thus more predictable.

Kreider needs to be in there knowing that he has the coaches confidence if he makes a mistake. The only thing id like to see more of from Kreider is to be a bit more imposing physically. He's big enough to punish and wear down opposing forwards.

pld459666 is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 02:40 PM
  #217
16 To Stanley*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,468
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Where are the hypotheticals? Lundqvist gave up a bad rebound and Marchand got a lucky bounce. The rest is true too.
They're hypotheticals because you're saying boyle wouldn't have helped to prevent that from happening. Who know's what happens if boyle is dressed.

16 To Stanley* is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 02:41 PM
  #218
Killem Dafoe
Moderator
k.
 
Killem Dafoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Land of Bad Drivers
Country: United States
Posts: 16,223
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg02 View Post
Marek Malik?


All the hate in the world should have been expunged after that.

Killem Dafoe is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 02:43 PM
  #219
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,690
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 To Stanley View Post
were you this upset after callahan got sent down after playing half a season with the rangers? how about del zotto? Sometimes guys need to do different things to learn how to play an all around game.
I don't remember what Callahan looked like when he got sent down, but you're comparing a guy that AT WORST wasn't noticeable, to DZ who was a liability on the ice? And I'm the one with the weak arguments.

SnowblindNYR is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 02:43 PM
  #220
SoftEuro4thLiner
Registered User
 
SoftEuro4thLiner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Country: Austria
Posts: 2,627
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcman View Post
Fine

Trade everyone and fire Torts!!!
Way to go!

SoftEuro4thLiner is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 02:45 PM
  #221
JCrusher*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,313
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 To Stanley View Post
were you this upset after callahan got sent down after playing half a season with the rangers? how about del zotto? Sometimes guys need to do different things to learn how to play an all around game.
Well if you inferring that Kreider is my favorite then you are wrong. I like the kid's skills and i have no problem with developing him slowly BUT I dont think eh has been bad since coming back from injury. I admitted he sucked teh first 3 games but i feel he didnt deserve to eb benched. Now its possible miller will be gone after tonight and kreider will be back sunday though

JCrusher* is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 02:45 PM
  #222
JohnC
#FreeSteve
 
JohnC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,790
vCash: 500
Soo uhh yeah...Rangers/Islanders tonight

JohnC is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 02:45 PM
  #223
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,690
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 To Stanley View Post
They're hypotheticals because you're saying boyle wouldn't have helped to prevent that from happening. Who know's what happens if boyle is dressed.
I do like how you disregarded everything else in that post.

SnowblindNYR is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 02:46 PM
  #224
16 To Stanley*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,468
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
I don't remember what Callahan looked like when he got sent down, but you're comparing a guy that AT WORST wasn't noticeable, to DZ who was a liability on the ice? And I'm the one with the weak arguments.
Did you ever think he is being benched for some reason other than the fact that he's been just OK lately.

Maybe the rangers don't want him to be just OK.

My point was, they know how to develop players and that sending someone down or benching them doesn't make it a mistake just because a lot of us disagree with it.

And for what it's worth, i actually think boyle should be in for asham and that kreider should be playing.

16 To Stanley* is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 02:48 PM
  #225
JCrusher*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,313
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWOW View Post
Kreider played one of his better games against the Isles, who play an up-tempo game.

Its not an issue of who's deserving to play. It should be about strategy and matchups.

Boyle didn't earn his way back because Kreider didn't earn a demotion. You make a change when the situation warrants it. This situation doesn't warrant it.

I really hate Torts more times than not.

Whatever, I guess. A win is a win. If they win.
Very Good Post. I have no problem with Boyle coming back i like boyle. But like you said Kreider didnt earn a demotion JT Miller was awful last game he should have been benched. But Miller has become Torts favorite i guess

JCrusher* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:49 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.