HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

You can have Clowe and Demers...What'll you give me?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-14-2013, 03:00 AM
  #76
HappyGilmourr
Registered User
 
HappyGilmourr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Milton
Posts: 5,014
vCash: 500
You shouldn't be trading Clowe... he's the type of guy that can be in the dog house form time to time but then as soon as you trade him suddenly you will miss him like crazy and be searching for a guy like Clowe that can do the things he does. There isn't a lot of players like Clowe man.

HappyGilmourr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 03:22 AM
  #77
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:
 
Mafoofoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 12,969
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozak View Post
You shouldn't be trading Clowe... he's the type of guy that can be in the dog house form time to time but then as soon as you trade him suddenly you will miss him like crazy and be searching for a guy like Clowe that can do the things he does. There isn't a lot of players like Clowe man.
He's also the type of guy who thinks hes as talented and big as Joe Thornton and tries to make the passes and plays Thornton makes on top of being the kind of guy who kills the play of any line he's on by committing turnovers nonstop.

Mafoofoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 03:47 AM
  #78
Honour Over Glory
Registered User
 
Honour Over Glory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: North America
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 9,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic school bus View Post
Lol I'm convinced Kennedy sucks with the frequency of his name appearing in trade proposals
That must mean Kessel, Setoguchi, Perry, Getzlaf, and various others suck.

We mention Kennedy because he no longer fits with the team, he needs a change of scenery.

Honour Over Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 10:02 AM
  #79
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin
 
Hatrick Marleau's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: With JR
Posts: 4,308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honour Over Glory View Post
That must mean Kessel, Setoguchi, Perry, Getzlaf, and various others suck.

We mention Kennedy because he no longer fits with the team, he needs a change of scenery.
If you don't like Kennedy on your team anymore we will give you Murray not Clowe.

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 10:05 AM
  #80
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,436
vCash: 500
for Clowe , Boyle, 3rd

Clowe is a UFA and Boyle has a yr left on his deal

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 10:27 AM
  #81
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin
 
Hatrick Marleau's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: With JR
Posts: 4,308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
for Clowe , Boyle, 3rd

Clowe is a UFA and Boyle has a yr left on his deal
So a 4th liner and a 3rd for a top 6 forward?

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 10:27 AM
  #82
magic school bus
***********
 
magic school bus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: San Jose, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 14,703
vCash: 1965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honour Over Glory View Post
That must mean Kessel, Setoguchi, Perry, Getzlaf, and various others suck.

We mention Kennedy because he no longer fits with the team, he needs a change of scenery.
There's an entire thread on the Pens board about how bad Kennedy is, no need to sugar coat things. We're not the real GM's of the Sharks.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1349245

magic school bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 10:59 AM
  #83
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,252
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post
Gionta + 2nd for Clowe + Murray? Perhaps SJS needs to add a little, but those are my two favourite teams and I think that's relatively fair value.

Or something around Eller for Clowe?
I would think long and hard about both those deals if I were Bergevin. Very tempting.

hototogisu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 11:30 AM
  #84
GordieHoweHatTrick
Registered User
 
GordieHoweHatTrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 12,889
vCash: 500
Definitely not what you're looking for. Clowe will is upcoming UFA so he'll garner picks and prospects from playoff teams, not roster players.

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 12:53 PM
  #85
Kegsey
#joeMONEY
 
Kegsey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,845
vCash: 500
Please stop putting Demers in these threads, he has a much higher ceiling than Braun, and once Boyle is gone he will be our #2 puck mover.

Kegsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:11 PM
  #86
Blue Goose
"Hockey Transplant"
 
Blue Goose's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 377
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
Definitely not what you're looking for. Clowe will is upcoming UFA so he'll garner picks and prospects from playoff teams, not roster players.
This.

Let's use a little logic:

Clowe is a 30-year-old pending UFA, and can add grit to an established Cup contender. Demers is 24, and would presumably be in the long-term plans of a team on the rise.

This should be TWO separate trades, since you might have trouble finding one team that fits both scenarios:

-For Clowe, look for a Cup-contending team that needs a physical winger to compliment their dynamic scoring forwards, with picks/prospects to spare.
-For Demers, look for a team thin on D prospects who could use a young NHL-ready d-man, with expendable young forwards who can blossom with a change of scenery.

My suggestion:

Clowe to Pittsburgh for Scott Harrington and a 2nd rd pick in '14.
Clowe slides right into the 2nd line with Malkin/Neal. With SO many solid D prospects in PIT, Harrington might be expendable, and could help to replace Demers/Murray/Boyle in the long term.

Demers to NY Islanders for Josh Bailey.
In Demers, the Islanders get an NHL-ready RHD to compliment the D core, and help offset the (possible) loss of pending UFA's Visnovsky and Streit. In Bailey, the Sharks get a young forward who could flourish playing with Thornton/Marleau. My only concern is whether Bailey fits in better at C or LW.

From the SJ perspective, you've traded a pending UFA and 3rd pair D-man and received a decent young forward, a possible Top 4 d-man, and a 2nd rd pick. Is that a suitable return?

The value in both trades seems good to me, but I would love to know how PIT and NYI fans feel about this.

Blue Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:17 PM
  #87
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 28,827
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Goose View Post
This.

Let's use a little logic:

Clowe is a 30-year-old pending UFA, and can add grit to an established Cup contender. Demers is 24, and would presumably be in the long-term plans of a team on the rise.

This should be TWO separate trades, since you might have trouble finding one team that fits both scenarios:

-For Clowe, look for a Cup-contending team that needs a physical winger to compliment their dynamic scoring forwards, with picks/prospects to spare.
-For Demers, look for a team thin on D prospects who could use a young NHL-ready d-man, with expendable young forwards who can blossom with a change of scenery.

My suggestion:

Clowe to Pittsburgh for Scott Harrington and a 2nd rd pick in '14.
Clowe slides right into the 2nd line with Malkin/Neal. With SO many solid D prospects in PIT, Harrington might be expendable, and could help to replace Demers/Murray/Boyle in the long term.

Demers to NY Islanders for Josh Bailey.
In Demers, the Islanders get an NHL-ready RHD to compliment the D core, and help offset the (possible) loss of pending UFA's Visnovsky and Streit. In Bailey, the Sharks get a young forward who could flourish playing with Thornton/Marleau. My only concern is whether Bailey fits in better at C or LW.

From the SJ perspective, you've traded a pending UFA and 3rd pair D-man and received a decent young forward, a possible Top 4 d-man, and a 2nd rd pick. Is that a suitable return?

The value in both trades seems good to me, but I would love to know how PIT and NYI fans feel about this.
Get back to the isles in the summer. They feel their top 5 is set with Vis/Hamonic/Streit/MacDonald/Strait and I can't see them moving Bailey to upgrade the 3rd pairing.

In the summer, we'll see whether Snow was correct in his opinion that it'll be a crowded market.

btw, the isles have a bunch of blueline prospects in the pipeline. Not sure where the idea comes from, that they are thin on blueline prospects. I expect Donovan/De Haan/Reinhart and Hickey to push for limited spots in next season's training camp.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:21 PM
  #88
Dharvey33
Registered User
 
Dharvey33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,733
vCash: 500
Gionta 2nd for Clowe Murray?

Where do i sign? Even if Clowe is a UFA i doubt the habs would let him walk he's the kind of player we have been looking for in years. Our top 6 would look big with Clowe.
Gorges is the future captain anyway.

Dharvey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:21 PM
  #89
The Big D
Registered User
 
The Big D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 492
vCash: 500
I'm at work and have not read the whole thread, how about Liles & MacA?

The Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:23 PM
  #90
Jag68Sid87
Registered User
 
Jag68Sid87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 28,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Goose View Post
Clowe to Pittsburgh for Scott Harrington and a 2nd rd pick in '14.
Clowe slides right into the 2nd line with Malkin/Neal. With SO many solid D prospects in PIT, Harrington might be expendable, and could help to replace Demers/Murray/Boyle in the long term.
Done. Slight overpayment but Clowe is badly needed on the Pens for a number of reasons. He kills two birds with one stone: a winger for the top two scoring lines and a fighter/enforcer type.

If the Sharks wanted a roster player instead, I'd consider a deal surrounding Brooks Orpik. Ryane Clowe is just a perfect fit for us. It'd be nice if we could negotiate a new contract before the deal, but it's not a deal-breaker.

Jag68Sid87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:23 PM
  #91
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller
 
vipernsx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 6,518
vCash: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Chreider View Post
Hrvik+Skjei+Pyatt+Boyle for Clowe+Demers
0.o No!

And I'm a HUGE Clowe fan. I love this guy's game and he'd fit right into Torts system. I'm still not moving Skjei for him.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:23 PM
  #92
WTFetus
Moderator
Most popular
 
WTFetus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: San Francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 11,857
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big D View Post
I'm at work and have not read the whole thread, how about Liles & MacA?
We don't want MacArthur (unless it's for Murray), and we have no use for another d-man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
Gionta 2nd for Clowe Murray?

Where do i sign? Even if Clowe is a UFA i doubt the habs would let him walk he's the kind of player we have been looking for in years. Our top 6 would look big with Clowe.
Gorges is the future captain anyway.
If salary wasn't an issue, I'd take that without even thinking twice.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:29 PM
  #93
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller
 
vipernsx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 6,518
vCash: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Goose View Post
My suggestion:

Clowe to Pittsburgh for Scott Harrington and a 2nd rd pick in '14.
Clowe slides right into the 2nd line with Malkin/Neal. With SO many solid D prospects in PIT, Harrington might be expendable, and could help to replace Demers/Murray/Boyle in the long term.
Oh please no! I wouldn't not want to see the Rangers playing against that. Clowe will do everything Callahan will then go beat up Bickel for an encore. Clowe + Malkin would be like Stevens + Lemieux all over again. Malkin would have his own personal goal scoring body guard. Lay a hit on Malkin, you're gonna get your face beat in by Clowe. Don't lay a hit on Malkin and he's going to setup Clowe with a beautiful goal. No Thank You!

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:35 PM
  #94
Arrch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NorCal
Country: United States
Posts: 4,331
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Goose View Post
This.

Let's use a little logic:

Clowe is a 30-year-old pending UFA, and can add grit to an established Cup contender. Demers is 24, and would presumably be in the long-term plans of a team on the rise.

This should be TWO separate trades, since you might have trouble finding one team that fits both scenarios:

-For Clowe, look for a Cup-contending team that needs a physical winger to compliment their dynamic scoring forwards, with picks/prospects to spare.
-For Demers, look for a team thin on D prospects who could use a young NHL-ready d-man, with expendable young forwards who can blossom with a change of scenery.

My suggestion:

Clowe to Pittsburgh for Scott Harrington and a 2nd rd pick in '14.
Clowe slides right into the 2nd line with Malkin/Neal. With SO many solid D prospects in PIT, Harrington might be expendable, and could help to replace Demers/Murray/Boyle in the long term.

Demers to NY Islanders for Josh Bailey.
In Demers, the Islanders get an NHL-ready RHD to compliment the D core, and help offset the (possible) loss of pending UFA's Visnovsky and Streit. In Bailey, the Sharks get a young forward who could flourish playing with Thornton/Marleau. My only concern is whether Bailey fits in better at C or LW.

From the SJ perspective, you've traded a pending UFA and 3rd pair D-man and received a decent young forward, a possible Top 4 d-man, and a 2nd rd pick. Is that a suitable return?

The value in both trades seems good to me, but I would love to know how PIT and NYI fans feel about this.
While I agree that Clowe would need to go to a contender, we wouldn't be looking for Defensive Prospects at all.

Arrch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:39 PM
  #95
Blue Goose
"Hockey Transplant"
 
Blue Goose's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 377
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Get back to the isles in the summer. They feel their top 5 is set with Vis/Hamonic/Streit/MacDonald/Strait and I can't see them moving Bailey to upgrade the 3rd pairing.

In the summer, we'll see whether Snow was correct in his opinion that it'll be a crowded market.

btw, the isles have a bunch of blueline prospects in the pipeline. Not sure where the idea comes from, that they are thin on blueline prospects. I expect Donovan/De Haan/Reinhart and Hickey to push for limited spots in next season's training camp.
Thanks for the feedback, and I hope I didn't sound patronizing when I said the NYI were thin on D prospects (I certainly didn't mean to). As soon as I clicked "Submit Reply", I realized that I had totally forgotten about Donovan and De Haan. I also figured you might want to give Reinhart a little more development time. Hickey still seems like a question mark to me. My thought was that this would be a deadline deal IF the NYI weren't contending and were looking to unload Vis and Streit (per the logic of the Thomas trade). I think Demers is a great player, and could be your #2 RD. Wasn't sure about Bailey - always thought he was the odd man out on the Island.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
Done. Slight overpayment but Clowe is badly needed on the Pens for a number of reasons. He kills two birds with one stone: a winger for the top two scoring lines and a fighter/enforcer type.

If the Sharks wanted a roster player instead, I'd consider a deal surrounding Brooks Orpik. Ryane Clowe is just a perfect fit for us. It'd be nice if we could negotiate a new contract before the deal, but it's not a deal-breaker.
Per the OP and various SJ fans, the Sharks don't need Centers or NHL d-men. Orpik is great, believe me, but I would think the Sharks would be looking for d-men who were a year or two away from making the roster, in order to replace any of their current guys who might retire (Boyle) or leave via UFA (Murray). If you think the overpayment is "slight", I would change the 2nd to a 3rd.

Blue Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:41 PM
  #96
AJ SF4L
#GoSharks
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: San Jose
Country: United States
Posts: 202
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Goose View Post
Clowe to Pittsburgh for Scott Harrington and a 2nd rd pick in '14.
Clowe slides right into the 2nd line with Malkin/Neal. With SO many solid D prospects in PIT, Harrington might be expendable, and could help to replace Demers/Murray/Boyle in the long term.
This does nothing to help the Sharks. The Sharks (as of this moment) would not look to move Clowe for picks/prospects. Yes, he is a UFA, but I'm pretty sure any team around the league would be willing to take a chance to trade for him with the intention to re-sign him. Furthermore, the Sharks do not need D prospects. They currently have Burns, Vlasic, Demers, and Braun as the foundation for the future core, with Irwin, Acolatse, Tennyson, Petrecki, and Doherty in Worcester and a number of young guys who will be coming up in the next few years. If Clowe is moved, there will be a forward coming back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Goose View Post
Demers to NY Islanders for Josh Bailey.
In Demers, the Islanders get an NHL-ready RHD to compliment the D core, and help offset the (possible) loss of pending UFA's Visnovsky and Streit. In Bailey, the Sharks get a young forward who could flourish playing with Thornton/Marleau. My only concern is whether Bailey fits in better at C or LW.
While I like Bailey, I think the Sharks could do better if they traded Demers. Additionally, the Islanders have a stock of young D-men they want to start bringing up, similar to the Sharks, so I doubt they are looking for D currently.

AJ SF4L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:42 PM
  #97
Admiral*
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 2,239
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
Gionta 2nd for Clowe Murray?

Where do i sign? Even if Clowe is a UFA i doubt the habs would let him walk he's the kind of player we have been looking for in years. Our top 6 would look big with Clowe.
Gorges is the future captain anyway.
Sharks lose too much toughness. Softest lineup in the league if that trade goes through and Sharks get bullied out of the playoffs if they even make it. If the Sharks trade Clowe they need to acquire a similar player in return, no Gionta or MacArthur. If they do trade Clowe in a deal like that, they need to go out and get a player like Dorsett.

Admiral* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:45 PM
  #98
Dharvey33
Registered User
 
Dharvey33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,733
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
We don't want MacArthur (unless it's for Murray), and we have no use for another d-man.



If salary wasn't an issue, I'd take that without even thinking twice.
The habs could take some cap dump but not too much anyway a deal like this would be too good for the habs to happen.

Gionta is still good but he need to part with the Gainey Gauthier era.

Dharvey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:47 PM
  #99
hockeyball
Registered User
 
hockeyball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 17,606
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Sharks lose too much toughness. Softest lineup in the league if that trade goes through and Sharks get bullied out of the playoffs if they even make it. If the Sharks trade Clowe they need to acquire a similar player in return, no Gionta or MacArthur. If they do trade Clowe in a deal like that, they need to go out and get a player like Dorsett.
We still have Thornton, Burish, Desjardins, Boyle, Burns, Stuart...

That is not even counting if we ice Petrecki, Pelech, or any other call ups that can fight.

Team is far from soft. Murray rarely ever fights anymore anyway. Clowe fights too much.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 02:08 PM
  #100
Admiral*
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 2,239
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
We still have Thornton, Burish, Desjardins, Boyle, Burns, Stuart...

That is not even counting if we ice Petrecki, Pelech, or any other call ups that can fight.

Team is far from soft. Murray rarely ever fights anymore anyway. Clowe fights too much.
I wouldn't exactly call those 6 tough. Pelech had more hits in one game than Thornton had all year and Thornton hasn't played physical since he got KO'd by Lindros. Burish needs to sit in the press box or be traded. Desjardins is a pest, which is needed. Boyle? What? Burns is injured. Stuart is a decent hitter.

Petrecki and Pelech most likely aren't coming back up. If Pelech can actually play hockey then maybe. Clowe fights too much? He has 2 fights this year I think in 13 games. I wouldn't exactly call that fighting too much. Both Murray and Clowe have intimidating presences, take them away and what do opposing teams have to fear about playing the Sharks?

Admiral* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:45 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.