HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Around The NHL (Part XLII)

Closed Thread

Old
02-14-2013, 03:20 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmox View Post
Ian Laperriere. Anyone see his comments? This article is oddly worded. Stay classy Philly(not all but some).

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...nt=1&#comments
I really, really hope that was just a poor choice of words by Laps and not his true feelings on the matter. If it is how he truly views those allegations, I've lost all respect for him.

It's just pain.
Old
02-14-2013, 03:27 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Is he trying to somehow rationalize that girls have always been trapping players into those situations, but now its alot more litigious ? Wow

Old
02-14-2013, 03:30 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Is he trying to somehow rationalize that girls have always been trapping players into those situations, but now its alot more litigious ? Wow
"He can't put himself in those situations".....

What?!

02-14-2013, 03:48 PM
mschmidt64

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
Oh. I thought 17futurecap meant they were scrapping basketball from the Olympics but it's with regards to professionals playing.

Still, no wrestling but they keep the corrupt sport of boxing, and the always breathtaking, exciting sports of equestrian, synchronized swimming, and badminton.
The Olympics are lame, their mismanagement is lengendary, and overall it's a joke. I don't know why anyone even watches.

I would have more respect if they did just stop allowing pro athletes altogether. At least then it's pure even if it's not the best possible product.

Old
02-14-2013, 03:51 PM
Synergy27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Definitely a poor, poor choice of words at the very least. He can't be stupid enough to openly voice an opinion like that. I'd assume that the "facts" associated with the story have evolved a bit, but still a really terrible way to address such a thing on his part.

That said, I could understand why the guy below might be used to having trouble getting chicks in a more traditional manner, so...

Old
02-14-2013, 03:51 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post

What?!
Wow, hope he worded that incorrectly.

Old
02-14-2013, 03:59 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post

What?!
I was most appalled with him saying "You can't get away with anything now." As if sexual assault is okay as long as you get away with it.

I know no one cares about hockey, but I'm surprised his comments haven't become more of a story. I did see it on Deadspin though.

Old
02-14-2013, 04:01 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
I was most appalled with him saying "You can't get away with anything now." As if sexual assault is okay as long as you get away with it.
I think I know where he's coming from, just with this case, he shouldn't be saying that.

I mean, now if you gawk at a woman for too long, you get called a perv or a deviant.

Old
02-14-2013, 04:02 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Wow, hope he worded that incorrectly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post

I know no one cares about hockey, but I'm surprised his comments haven't become more of a story. I did see it on Deadspin though.
A good guy too. You guys have said it before I REALLY hope it was just a poor choice of words.

Cream of the crop when it comes to choosing poorly though.

Old
02-14-2013, 04:12 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Looks like the story has been edited.

Old
02-14-2013, 04:38 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
Oh. I thought 17futurecap meant they were scrapping basketball from the Olympics but it's with regards to professionals playing.

Still, no wrestling but they keep the corrupt sport of boxing, and the always breathtaking, exciting sports of equestrian, synchronized swimming, and badminton.
****ing joke that ***** still in the Olympics

Old
02-14-2013, 06:59 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Since Cooke didnt get what he deserved either a beating or a suspension.....i think Neil should do this maybe to Malkin or Crosby.. Cooke went after their best player, i feel the Senators should do the same.. agree.....

anyone agree Neil should do this to one of the Penguins...

Old
02-14-2013, 07:56 PM
Zamboner
Your move, creep.

The more I see the Cooke play, the more it looks completely blatant. He was either trying to slew foot him, or stab him with his skate. Either way, further evidence he doesn't belong in the NHL. Disgusting.

Old
02-14-2013, 08:18 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamboner View Post
The more I see the Cooke play, the more it looks completely blatant. He was either trying to slew foot him, or stab him with his skate. Either way, further evidence he doesn't belong in the NHL. Disgusting.
Was coming here to post exactly the same thing. Whether or not he was looking to slice a tendon, I thought he definitely stomped down.

Old
02-14-2013, 09:11 PM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

And Mike Rupp scored for Minnesota. The game isn't even outside!

Old
02-14-2013, 09:12 PM
darko

Rupp scored.

Old
02-14-2013, 09:59 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Was coming here to post exactly the same thing. Whether or not he was looking to slice a tendon, I thought he definitely stomped down.
It was blatant.

He stepped down on Karlsson's leg to get leverage.

Its ****ing mind blowing how people are so afraid to call it what it was. Because of some misguided belief that people couldn't be that bad...well, they are!

Cooke has a long rap sheet of offenses. But because he says he's 'reformed' its ignored. And people fall for it!

The guy is a low life *******. He's out to hurt other players. He should be suspended. I hope Neil exacts deserved revenge.

Imagine for one second, that this happened to someone like Crosby. There would be outrage!

Old
02-14-2013, 11:04 PM
Tawnos
BoH Mod Only

If he had stepped down, Karlsson's Achilles would've been completely severed instead of 70%.

Old
02-15-2013, 12:51 AM
uqu06cpu

As much as I hate Chris Neil I can't wait to see what he sort of payback he has planned for Matt Cooke in the next Sens-Pens game.

Old
02-15-2013, 01:42 AM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
If he had stepped down, Karlsson's Achilles would've been completely severed instead of 70%.
Considering that Karlsson is not playing for rest of the season, it doesn't really matter.

Old
02-15-2013, 02:29 AM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
Considering that Karlsson is not playing for rest of the season, it doesn't really matter.
Meh, he could return to top form, but it'll take a long adjustment period to regain that speed. Took Justin Williams long stretches of sitting out to properly heal it. Nevertheless, it's a sad thing to happen for a generational talent.

Old
02-15-2013, 03:16 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Its ****ing mind blowing how people are so afraid to call it what it was. Because of some misguided belief that people couldn't be that bad...well, they are!
Yeah, everyone is so darn "pc" in the NHL on this.

Mikael Renberg is an expert for Hockey Night in Sweden and he said the only thing you basically -- should -- be able to say on this (something like): I do not see how anyone can say that Cooke's action looks perfectly natrual. Why does he have his leg up there when he is making a hit? Something was not right but the only one who knows exactly what kind of damage he was trying to do is Cooke himself.

Old
02-15-2013, 04:34 AM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
Since Cooke didnt get what he deserved either a beating or a suspension.....i think Neil should do this maybe to Malkin or Crosby.. Cooke went after their best player, i feel the Senators should do the same.. agree.....

anyone agree Neil should do this to one of the Penguins...

Disagree completely. Neil needs to go after Cooke. Him going after Crosby or Malkin makes him a bigger ******* than Cooke.

Old
02-15-2013, 09:30 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
You know this how? A lot of factors come into play, maybe he didn't stomp down with maximum force, maybe he caught the top of Karlsson's skate which slowed it down, maybe the sock absorbed some of the force.

It's about as unnatural as it gets and to have your leg in the air like that and then have it come down with force requires you to move it, otherwise it would have just flopped down.

Old
02-15-2013, 10:08 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Not NHL-related, but KHL stuff.

That meteor that hit Chelyabinsk, Russia last night apparently damaged the walls of Traktor's arena. They have home playoff games scheduled there in less than a week. The arena has been temporarily shut down and it doesn't sound like it will be ready to reopen by the time the games start.

Closed Thread