HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

#13 |New York Islanders vs New York Rangers | Feb 14 | 7 PM | 4-3 W F/SO

Old
02-14-2013, 03:04 PM
KyleBailey12

vCash: 500
That lineup is a joke. So much wrong with these changes. I'm not going to bother with repeating what you all have said.

They need this.

KyleBailey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 03:16 PM
luki here

Quote:
Originally Posted by isle 24 View Post
NYIslanders ‏@NYIslanders
Reasoner, Hickey and Ullstrom will be tonight's healthy scratches for the #Isles
domination tanking! we are making a preemptive strike at columbus by downgrading the pick they got off the rangers. Wang is genius! amazing foresight of jacky "the fox" capuano.

I am so happy i am an islanders fan!

just can figure out why bailey is playing over reasoner.

edit: figured it out. its to uphold appearances and fool us, the fans! wang loves us! if things do get dicey we can always sub in dp.

luki here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 03:17 PM
Nova Scotia Islander

I am pretty sure the new CBA states that any team that does not make playoffs has an equal chance in getting the first pick. I am pretty sure they changed it so no sense in tanking anymore .

Nova Scotia Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 03:19 PM
Hyphistos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova Scotia Islander View Post
I am pretty sure the new CBA states that any team that does not make playoffs has an equal chance in getting the first pick. I am pretty sure they changed it so no sense in tanking anymore .
I think it's not equal, it's still weighted, but now all 14 teams are eligible and it is far more balanced than before. But it would be cool if someone who really knows it, could clarify this *g*

Hyphistos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 03:22 PM
IslesRock4
Global Moderator
Fantasy Hockey Talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyphistos View Post
I think it's not equal, it's still weighted, but far more balanced than before. But it would be cool if someone who really knows it, could clarify this *g*
Yeah. Every non-playoff team has a CHANCE at the 1st overall pick. Much less of a chance at the first overall if you finished, for example, 5th to last opposed last year's percentages. 14th to last team will obviously have a very low chance.

IslesRock4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 03:22 PM
thedonger

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova Scotia Islander View Post
That's correct, but I believe the worst that can happen is moving down 1 spot. I'm sure most people would be happy with any one of jones, Mac, or drouin...whoever's left over.

Personally, I'd be happier with a playoff berth.

thedonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 03:23 PM
Isles Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by isle 24 View Post
Ullstrom part of trade???? I freakin hope not.
This it the ONLY way scratching Ullstrom makes any type of sense. But I get the sense it's just Capuano not having any idea what he's doing.

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 03:26 PM
blinkman360
Richard Harrow Lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesRock4 View Post
Yeah. Every non-playoff team has a CHANCE at the 1st overall pick. Much less of a chance at the first overall if you finished, for example, 5th to last opposed last year's percentages. 14th to last team will obviously have a very low chance.
Is the lottery the same in that only one team can move up and each team can only fall one spot, or is it like the NBA where multiple teams can move up(or at least I think that's how the NBA draft lottery works)?

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 03:28 PM
StrongIslanders90

Open Night in 2 years in Brooklyn we will start the game with

Nino-Tavares-Strome

Jones-Reinhart

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 03:30 PM
IslesRock4
Global Moderator
Fantasy Hockey Talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
Is the lottery the same in that only one team can move up and each team can only fall one spot, or is it like the NBA where multiple teams can move up(or at least I think that's how the NBA draft lottery works)?
You can only move down one. Whoever wins the lottery gets the first overall pick, and then picks 2-14 are ranked by the standings.

Old
Riddick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyphistos View Post
I think it's not equal, it's still weighted, but now all 14 teams are eligible and it is far more balanced than before. But it would be cool if someone who really knows it, could clarify this *g*
it would be awful if someone in the Atlantic barely misses the playoffs and wins the first overall getting Seth Jones. especially Philly ffs..

Riddick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Isles Junkie

Quote:
I'm sure Finley and Boulton's combined 10 minutes that they will play tonight is really going to help us.

I swear, multiple members of this forum would be better coaches than Jack Capuano.
I'd do it if I could stop on ice skates...or just run the practices from the bench.

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
blinkman360
Richard Harrow Lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
Open Night in 2 years in Brooklyn we will start the game with

Nino-Tavares-Strome

Jones-Reinhart
You think Moulson will be gone in two years? Or just bumped down in the lineup?

Old
StrongIslanders90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle Junkie View Post
This it the ONLY way scratching Ullstrom makes any type of sense. But I get the sense it's just Capuano not having any idea what he's doing.
I was thinking the same thing but he would not even be close to the top of my list of people to trade.

Ullstrom has giving lots of effort and is still young and looks promising as a 3rd/2nd line winger....

We need more offense so we bench Ullstrom and PMD Hickey and bring in two cones with a heartbeat...

Old
02-14-2013, 03:31 PM
19 in a row

http://www.diebytheblade.com/2013/2/...-draft-lottery

this should help explain.. weighted lottery with 14 non playoff teams, only 1 team gets picked to move to #1, the rest is determined by record...unlike previous years when you could only move up 4 spots.

Quote:
The biggest change for the upcoming draft is that every non-playoff team will have a chance to land the #1 overall pick. Gone is the move-4 rule and the limitation of the top pick going to just the five worst teams. Now, any team finishing #9-15 in the conference will have a chance to move up to #1.
However, that doesn't mean that the Sabres of last season would have had just as good a chance of landing #1 as Edmonton or Montreal - the system will be weighted so that the worst teams will still have the best chance to pick first, but it's still a significant change.
Once the top pick is settled, the order of #2-14 will be determined by regular season record, so if you don't win the lottery, your team would be slotted exactly here they would have been under the old rules. Of course, make the playoffs and all this is moot

19 in a row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 03:32 PM
StrongIslanders90

Quote:
You think Moulson will be gone in two years? Or just bumped down in the lineup?
Your probablly right but If these guys develope into the players we hope for, I dont see anything qrong with Moulson on the 2nd line...

Old
02-14-2013, 03:34 PM
blinkman360
Richard Harrow Lives

Quote:
You can only move down one. Whoever wins the lottery gets the first overall pick, and then picks 2-14 are ranked by the standings.
So basically exactly the same except for the automatic 1st overall instead of just moving up four spots.

BTW, imagine this change was in place back in '11... RNH playing with Kovalchuk... The Atlantic would be even more ridiculous.

Old
02-14-2013, 03:49 PM
CaptDenisPotvin

SOOOOO....if we win 7 games all year I want them to be the 7 against the Rag$. I wish the Islanders players hated the rangers as much as I do, show some passion, flatten Nash/Gabs/richards, run the goalie, Have Bolton, Martin and Finley fight early and often....If they want 2 points, make them earn it every way possible....

Or we could just as easily roll over like every other game....which ever

CaptDenisPotvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 03:52 PM
IslesRock4
Global Moderator
Fantasy Hockey Talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptDenisPotvin View Post
SOOOOO....if we win 7 games all year I want them to be the 7 against the Rag$. I wish the Islanders players hated the rangers as much as I do, show some passion, flatten Nash/Gabs/richards, run the goalie, Have Bolton, Martin and Finley fight early and often....If they want 2 points, make them earn it every way possible....

There are only 5 games against the Rangers, and we already lost one of them.

But we can make the next 4 count.

Old
02-14-2013, 03:59 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptDenisPotvin View Post

I'd be very sad if you guys beat us 7 times. Forcing the NHL to pencil in two more games just for us to lose.

02-14-2013, 04:09 PM
Twine Seeking Missle
Go monkey go!!!

Quote:
Twine I don't know how you are still alive. You've been flipping out on here for at least 5 or 6 years, you'd figure your heart would have popped by now. This team is going to be the end of you.

Hey man... go try and find my last real rant. I know... they used to be epic but I haven't blown my top in a longggggggg time. That's what being a fan of this team does to you. It makes you apathetic. Maybe when Wang sells and if the team stops trying to ice the cheapest team possible... then you will see some rants because at that point, I might actually care again. Until that happens, I don't have the energy.

Twine Seeking Missle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 04:11 PM
Twine Seeking Missle
Go monkey go!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FortNeverLose View Post
No doubt.

When I was younger my Dad told me stories about the Coliseum and he said thats what fans called it in the 80's

Hardly the case now but hopefully one day we will be competitive again
Yea man I know that's what they called it back in the day. But to be a "younger" fan who didn't get to see any of the cups, it's so hard to believe. It's like when you were a kid and your grandma said to you, "hey, I wasn't ALWAYS old. I was young one day"... and you didn't believe it. Yea, it's like that.

Twine Seeking Missle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 04:12 PM
JTROCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavaresfan91 View Post
Boulton an Finley in is awful
Agree, and if anything, KO should have been scratched instread of Ullstrom--- but, a few of us called this after the last game-- they might stink, but had a feeling Capuano was going to go for tough over skill vs the Rags

JTROCKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 04:56 PM
seafoam
#Sharks2014

vCash: 2049
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
I'd be very sad if you guys beat us 7 times. Forcing the NHL to pencil in two more games just for us to lose.
Did you take a wrong turn or something?

Hoping for a good one.

seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 05:02 PM
Mr Wentworth
Isles Masochist

Reasoner, Hickey and Ullstrom will be tonight's healthy scratches for the #Isles

Finley in for Hickey...

These lines makes me not want to watch.

Also, might as well start DP is this is what the coach has install for us tonight.

Mr Wentworth is offline   Reply With Quote