HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Col-Buf (O'Reilly)

Old
02-14-2013, 02:57 PM
stokes84

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to stokes84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky Gleason View Post
I'd be quite happy with Foligno+ for Radar. What's the + though?
As would I. Shift Ennis to ROR's wing. That's a more formidable top 6 then what we have now, IMO.

stokes84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 03:00 PM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
From Avs boards:

I'd love to get Foligno, but Sabres would have to add something really valuable to entice the Avs.

Folignio father played for Buffalo as a star , captain, and fan favorite. He was born there. the only way he is moved if its for a young proven #1 line player who isnt arental.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabresandcanucks View Post
Throwing this out there....

Grigorenko and Weber for ROR + minor prospect/mid level pick.

There is your top prospect and your roster player who can fill in on D. Over payment by Buffalo, but I understand that is the only way Colorado is going to move him.

Grigs is also on the no trade list. He is viewed by many as a potential steal of the draft. As with folignio the only way he gets traded is if they are getting in return a #1 center who is under contract long term.

Grigs has much more upside than ROR...Grigs has #1 Center potential while ROR will never be.

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 03:08 PM
AslanRH
#RespectTheCliche

vCash: 140
5.5m cap hit is fine for the Avs, but I'd much rather the Avs spent that on a more consistent LHD. However, if the Sabres were going to move Myers, I'd be ok with the Avs taking the risk for the potential reward.

AslanRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 03:13 PM
RattleYourSabre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
add

Ennis, McCabe, Luke Adam, 2nd round pick
for
Oreilly
I think this is a little much in return for O'Reilly. ROR is a solid center, with a defensive touch that we need... But that's a boatload for the guy. I think we'd be overpaying considerably in that deal.

RattleYourSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 03:27 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
Folignio father played for Buffalo as a star , captain, and fan favorite. He was born there. the only way he is moved if its for a young proven #1 line player who isnt arental.

Grigs is also on the no trade list. He is viewed by many as a potential steal of the draft. As with folignio the only way he gets traded is if they are getting in return a #1 center who is under contract long term.

Grigs has much more upside than ROR...Grigs has #1 Center potential while ROR will never be.
I'm well aware of Mike's impact in Buffalo.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 03:47 PM
JPurp26

Andrej Sekera is who they would want based on they need defense, even without ROR they still have stastny and duchense

JPurp26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 03:50 PM
sabresandcanucks

Quote:

Sometimes potential is just that....It would be a risky move, you gotta give to get. I think Grigs is going to be a good player, but I'm still not sold he is going to be a premier first line center.

sabresandcanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 04:22 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPurp26 View Post
Andrej Sekera is who they would want based on they need defense, even without ROR they still have stastny and duchense
This hasn't been talked about nearly as much as a Ennis + d-prospect deal, but I think it makes a lot of sense too. Sabres have a lot of d-men and some good prospects on the way. Sekera is a lefty who's a very versatile d-man, and on a great contract for the next 3 years. Colorado needs a guy they can pair with EJ and still have fine top 6 centers without ROR. I think something could be worked out there.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 04:38 PM
AslanRH
#RespectTheCliche

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
This hasn't been talked about nearly as much as a Ennis + d-prospect deal, but I think it makes a lot of sense too. Sabres have a lot of d-men and some good prospects on the way. Sekera is a lefty who's a very versatile d-man, and on a great contract for the next 3 years. Colorado needs a guy they can pair with EJ and still have fine top 6 centers without ROR. I think something could be worked out there.
Sekera + Armia and possibly Adam for RoR was offered in one of these threads, but was buried by the leafs fans insistence on offering us Gardiner so not much was discussed by both fanbases.

Also Sekera + Girgensons for RoR and maybe a small (+)

Old
02-14-2013, 04:44 PM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabresandcanucks View Post
Sometimes potential is just that....It would be a risky move, you gotta give to get. I think Grigs is going to be a good player, but I'm still not sold he is going to be a premier first line center.

Based on what ---about a dozen games at 18 yrs old---given he has played primarily on the 3rd or 4th lines and virtually no PP time. amazing analysis on your part.

I am not giving up Grigorenko for a 3rd line center who thinks he is a 1st line given contract demands.

i give up Grigorenko for a provem #1 center like Getzlaf---but isnt a rental.

Old
02-14-2013, 04:48 PM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslanrh View Post
Sekera + Armia and possibly Adam for RoR was offered in one of these threads, but was buried by the leafs fans insistence on offering us Gardiner so not much was discussed by both fanbases.

Also Sekera + Girgensons for RoR and maybe a small (+)
Latter is fine....Armia is going nowhere. Him Grigoranko and Folignio are on the no trade list.

it would be Sekera + Adam + pick
or ennis + Pysak +pick

ennis and Sekera together means a #1 or high quality prospect is coming back with ROR.

Old
02-14-2013, 04:52 PM
JoemAvs

Quote:
Latter is fine....Armia is going nowhere. Him Grigoranko and Folignio are on the no trade list.

or ennis + Pysak +pick

ennis and Sekera together means a #1 or high quality prospect is coming back with ROR.
I don't think you can have a "no"-trade list when it comes to your top 3 prospects if you want a serious shot at ROR.

A deal for Ryan O'Reilly will hurt you. It will really hurt.

But believe me the Avs fans will feel greater pain.

I can guarantee you that the fanbase who gets ROR will not like what they just gave up. If we only trade him for pieces that don't hurt you, our GM has to be canned immediately and banished from Denver

JoemAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 04:53 PM
Goulet17

Quote:

or ennis + Pysak +pick

Ennis and Sekera for ROR and the Avs 1st (likely top 5 overall)?

Okay.

Goulet17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 04:58 PM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goulet17 View Post
Ennis and Sekera for ROR and the Avs 1st (likely top 5 overall)?

Okay.
deal is done.

Old
02-14-2013, 05:01 PM
JoemAvs

Quote:
deal is done.
I guess he was sarcastic.
Avs would NEVER do that.

To be honest I don't want even Sekera and Ennis.
Not because it is not fair value but I don't want to split up ROR into Ennis and Sekera. Rather have one unimpressive roster player and a top tier prospect in return. Sekera is a good #3 dman. A #2 if you want to be very friendly to him but he has not the greatest potential going forward and Ennis is a good player but not a fit with the Avs and I really don't see him ever being a top line winger (and even less likely a #1 C) and I like my second line to be gritty and hard to play against...

JoemAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 05:06 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by RattleYourSabre View Post
I think this is a little much in return for O'Reilly. ROR is a solid center, with a defensive touch that we need... But that's a boatload for the guy. I think we'd be overpaying considerably in that deal.
that's the intent... IF O'reilly is traded, he's not going to the team that made a "fair" offer. He's going to the team that provides Colorado what they want... and then some.

"with a defensive touch"???

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 05:15 PM
AslanRH
#RespectTheCliche

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoemAvs View Post
I guess he was sarcastic.
Avs would NEVER do that.

To be honest I don't want even Sekera and Ennis.
Not because it is not fair value but I don't want to split up ROR into Ennis and Sekera. Rather have one unimpressive roster player and a top tier prospect in return. Sekera is a good #3 dman. A #2 if you want to be very friendly to him but he has not the greatest potential going forward and Ennis is a good player but not a fit with the Avs and I really don't see him ever being a top line winger (and even less likely a #1 C) and I like my second line to be gritty and hard to play against...
JMO.
Think Ennis would work as Dutch's LW. Seems to be playing well on the wing this year.

Old
02-14-2013, 05:28 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
JMO.
Think Ennis would work as Dutch's LW. Seems to be playing well on the wing this year.
We are fine in the top 6 at LW... Landeskog #1 McGinn #2

We need a top 6 RW really or a Left handed #2 defender. I think Downie can spot time in the top 6 but wouldn't prefer to rely on him as a staple there.

Top 6 Forwards (Without O'Reilly obviously)

Centers :

#1 - Duchene
#2 - Stastny
#3 - ?

LW :

#1 - Landeskog
#2 - McGinn
#3 - ?

RW :

#1 - Parenteau
#2 - ?? Important need
#3 - Downie

D :

#1 - EJ
#2 - ?? Important need
#3 - Hejda (Should probably be a #4 though)
#4 - Wilson
#5 & #6 SOB, ROB, Hunwick, Barrie

This should show our needs and I did the D just for FYI... (Jones & Zannon need to be traded/Dumped ASAP)

The 3rd line center & wing we can get in free-agency, as well as the #3/4 D (Or one of our Young D can grow into that spot)... We need either a top 6 winger out of the draft and a #2 D from the trade or vice versa...

Last edited by CobraAcesS: 02-14-2013 at 05:52 PM.
CobraAcesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 05:30 PM
Djp

Quote:
JMO.
He actually has been playing Center this year---not wing. He moved to Center late last year. Before that he plyed LW.

Old
02-14-2013, 05:37 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
He actually has been playing Center this year---not wing. He moved to Center late last year. Before that he plyed LW.
Duchene played Center full time in his first two years, he moved to wing as a 'try out' before being injured last year then came back from his injury and played third line center the second half of last year because he had no speed.

Very unclear in how you posted that...

Old
02-14-2013, 05:40 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
Duchene played Center full time in his first two years, he moved to wing as a 'try out' before being injured last year then came back from his injury and played third line center the second half of last year because he had no speed.

Very unclear in how you posted that...
he was talking about ennis

Old
02-14-2013, 05:43 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

As an outsider to both teams I think Sekera + Girgensons for ROR is the deal if these two teams do it.

The Zetterberg Era is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 05:50 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
he was talking about ennis
Gotcha

Old
02-14-2013, 05:56 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
As an outsider to both teams I think Sekera + Girgensons for ROR is the deal if these two teams do it.
As a Sabres fan, that would be the package that hurt the most (I prefer the finer points of the game)

Old
02-14-2013, 06:11 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
The problem is that fills our lower end depth needs but not a core player need for us. Girgensons has a ton of potential, that's great... But hes an unknown.

Sekera's role could be filled through free-agency easy enough. Now if you said Sekera & Armia I would say that fills at least one of our major needs going forward, with Sekera obviously being a better option than any UFA we would have to over pay for. We need one core piece or potential core piece in an area that we don't currently have coming back in the trade.

We need a young RW or a young top pairing defender... Love Girgensons but we are good at center even without O'Reilly. Besides if we draft high there are more centers there than wingers, unless we draft Jones #1 (Which I think we will be #3-#5 personally)