HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Sens are sellers

Old
02-14-2013, 02:52 PM
smack66

vCash: 500
What are the chances of the Bruins obtaining "god" errr Alfie. I know he is a Sens for life but so was Bourque. How about giving him a true chance at the cup and then return to ottawa next year if he wants. I think he would make all the differene for the Bruins anemic PP and would give them three strong scoring lines.

smack66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 03:03 PM
mranderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anth93 View Post
Wow I actually hadn't realized how not young these "rebuilding" Senators are... There's nothing there to buy.
Anth93: In what world does a Trade Deadline seller sell off young players?

mranderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 03:07 PM
Grado
it's yersal

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by smack66 View Post
What are the chances of the Bruins obtaining "god" errr Alfie. I know he is a Sens for life but so was Bourque. How about giving him a true chance at the cup and then return to ottawa next year if he wants. I think he would make all the differene for the Bruins anemic PP and would give them three strong scoring lines.
Have always had a soft-spot for the Bruins.

Jared Knight + pick for Alfie

Grado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 03:20 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakob Silfverberg View Post
Have always had a soft-spot for the Bruins.

Jared Knight + pick for Alfie
Spooner.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 03:20 PM
JetFan4Ever

vCash: 907
Alfie is the heart and soul of the Sens. And he has said he does not want to play anywhere else, however, does anyone think hh might find himself in a similar situation as Sundin was in with the Leafs?

He has the opportunity to win the cup (if he goes to the right team) and has the opportunity to give Ottawa some more really good building blocks for the future.

Alfie is very loyal to the Sens but given the chance to help them move forward, you never know.

JetFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 05:03 PM
Wondercarrot
Stone, Mr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetFan4Ever View Post
Alfie is the heart and soul of the Sens. And he has said he does not want to play anywhere else, however, does anyone think hh might find himself in a similar situation as Sundin was in with the Leafs?

He has the opportunity to win the cup (if he goes to the right team) and has the opportunity to give Ottawa some more really good building blocks for the future.

Alfie is very loyal to the Sens but given the chance to help them move forward, you never know.
no. because the organization and the fans in Ottawa will never begrudge Alfie if he decided to stay or take a chance.
Outside vancouver there would be no bigger Canuck fans on earth the Ottawa senators fans while he's there and either way he will retire a god in ottawa.

that having been said, he's not going anywhere.

Wondercarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 05:12 PM
BruinsNeedaRussian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan Lion View Post
Spooner.
I would probably do either. If Alfie is willing would a Spooner+second work? Or would it have to be first?

BruinsNeedaRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 05:18 PM
Grado
it's yersal

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsNeedaRussian View Post
I would probably do either. If Alfie is willing would a Spooner+second work? Or would it have to be first?
A second is fine. If the B's win the cup, we'll make it a first just because we'll all be happy.

Grado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 05:24 PM
PatrickEaves
We Lost

Alfie has already gone on record and said that winning a Stanley Cup doesn't mean anything to him if he can't win it with the Ottawa Senators.

I think the organization will respect his wishes about this sort of thing.

PatrickEaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 05:28 PM
McManked
Ooh to be a Gooner

vCash: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Unless it's conditional on us making the SCF, it's not worth it to us. I think most other teams would feel similarly.
Then you're not even close to getting Alfie.

Sorry.

I'll cry if I watch a Sens game this year without Cowen, Spezza, Karlsson, and Alfie.

McManked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 05:37 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsNeedaRussian View Post
I would do Spooner + 2nd. I think that's a very good return, not sure if the Sens would get it unless Alfie specified 5+ teams he had interest in.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 05:40 PM
Wizeman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manked View Post
Then you're not even close to getting Alfie.

Sorry.

I'll cry if I watch a Sens game this year without Cowen, Spezza, Karlsson, and Alfie.
No you wont. You would cry if you saw Alfie walk out for FREE at the end of this year yeah.

Wizeman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 06:32 PM
capitalsrock

Latendresse for Lydman at deadline?

capitalsrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 06:36 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizeman View Post
No you wont. You would cry if you saw Alfie walk out for FREE at the end of this year yeah.
walking out and retiring are very different things

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 07:32 PM
officeglen

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalsrock View Post
Latendresse for Lydman at deadline?
Since you can't mean the 35 year old, I'm not sure who you want to trade

officeglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 07:54 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
Huck Farper

Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan Lion View Post
Spooner.
Yep, any deal with the Bruins has too be bringing Spooner back the other way. I love the kid (I'm guessing Bruins fans do too).

Spooner, 3rd, 6th for Alfie.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 07:57 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
Huck Farper

What would other teams give for Condra and Greening? I'd like to keep Condra around but if a team offered the right deal I'd part ways and make way for Hoffman/Grant/Stone etc.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 08:45 PM
MrCraigAnderson
#rooster #classless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
For the Rangers I could see interest in Gonchar maybe. Give him sheltered minutes and use him on the PP. Also of course Alfredsson.
Ever since being boo'd at the home opener last season Gonchar has been very solid, no reason to give him sheltered minutes. It's rare that a legitmate defensive complaint has been made against Gonchar. Very good one on one.

MrCraigAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 09:08 PM
Benjamin
Life is suffering

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
What would other teams give for Condra and Greening? I'd like to keep Condra around but if a team offered the right deal I'd part ways and make way for Hoffman/Grant/Stone etc.
Condra's a keeper but i guess just about every 3rd/4th liner has a price.

Benjamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 09:10 PM
MrCraigAnderson
#rooster #classless

If it comes to the point where Ottawa are sellers.

Anyone thinking They can get there hands on Spezza is just dumb. Let me explain, the sens season may not look bright with all the injuries but the team isnt in a bad position for next season. The future is very bright and Spezza is a big part of that.

Alfredsson, is a possibility and it will ultimately come down to him.

Neil, I cant see it. A extremely valuble member of the team, a 1st isnt equal to his value.

Michalek, It's possible but it depends on other players steeping up as the season goes on (Zibanejad, Hoffman, Stone, Da Costa). I dont see it, I'd but him in a similar position as Spezza just less important.

Gonchar, very likely to happen. His future with this team doesn't go beyond July 3rd.

Phillips, take him. Only useful on PK.

Anderson, you can't trade him away without knowing if Lehner is ready. This team at the very least will compete for a playoff spot next year so they need a goalie who is ready to be a #1.

Turris, Smith, Condra, Greening, Methot, all valuable members of this team moving forward.

Daugavins, O'brein, Lattendresse, Bishop, Sure if a team needs depth.

Lundin, we need someone to play defense.

I think Murray will wait a few weeks before deciding what to do, If the team plays well he may decide to try and aquire a few pieces. And I would be okay with that. We have lots of depth coming up so sacfricing some of that wont bother me. I think one of Puempel, Noesen, Da Costa or to a lesser extent Stone could be used to aquire a piece. Zibanejad, Silfverberg and the 1st are not going to be in play.

Last edited by MrCraigAnderson: 02-14-2013 at 09:18 PM.
Old
02-15-2013, 01:07 AM
sBarry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roooney View Post
If it comes to the point where Ottawa are sellers.

Anyone thinking They can get there hands on Spezza is just dumb. Let me explain, the sens season may not look bright with all the injuries but the team isnt in a bad position for next season. The future is very bright and Spezza is a big part of that.

Alfredsson, is a possibility and it will ultimately come down to him.

Neil, I cant see it. A extremely valuble member of the team, a 1st isnt equal to his value.

Michalek, It's possible but it depends on other players steeping up as the season goes on (Zibanejad, Hoffman, Stone, Da Costa). I dont see it, I'd but him in a similar position as Spezza just less important.

Gonchar, very likely to happen. His future with this team doesn't go beyond July 3rd.

Phillips, take him. Only useful on PK.

Anderson, you can't trade him away without knowing if Lehner is ready. This team at the very least will compete for a playoff spot next year so they need a goalie who is ready to be a #1.

Turris, Smith, Condra, Greening, Methot, all valuable members of this team moving forward.

Daugavins, O'brein, Lattendresse, Bishop, Sure if a team needs depth.

Lundin, we need someone to play defense.

I think Murray will wait a few weeks before deciding what to do, If the team plays well he may decide to try and aquire a few pieces. And I would be okay with that. We have lots of depth coming up so sacfricing some of that wont bother me. I think one of Puempel, Noesen, Da Costa or to a lesser extent Stone could be used to aquire a piece. Zibanejad, Silfverberg and the 1st are not going to be in play.
If Alfie decided to stay and wasn't available I wouldn't mind the B's kicking the tires on Lattendresse or O'Brien. What would the price on them be you think?

Also, when you were mentioning waiting it out and possibly adding pieces, it made me think maybe the Sens could check in on Streit as a bandaid. Maybe he could help replace some of the Karlsson points.

sBarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 01:57 AM
MrCraigAnderson
#rooster #classless

Quote:
Originally Posted by sBarry View Post
If Alfie decided to stay and wasn't available I wouldn't mind the B's kicking the tires on Lattendresse or O'Brien. What would the price on them be you think?

Also, when you were mentioning waiting it out and possibly adding pieces, it made me think maybe the Sens could check in on Streit as a bandaid. Maybe he could help replace some of the Karlsson points.
If teams are interested I could see Murray giving O'Brein up rather easy, maybe in the price range of a 4th or 5th round pick. I like O'Brein but we have tons of young talent pushing for a spot. Daugavins is in the same boat.

Latendresse maybe a 2nd and a prospect but I'm not sold on Murray trading him quite yet. Too me Latendresse isn't very useful to this team especially in the top 6. But Murray did just sign him and his a big body which we know Murray favors.

I'm sure Streit could be an option but the price maybe too high. Only guy I see Murray potentially offering a lot for is Perry.

Then again I'm not Bryan Murray and I'm not the one recieving offers its just how I see the situation the sens are in.

Old
02-15-2013, 02:00 AM
Leafs87
Mr. Steal Your Job

Problem is besides alfredsson who has lost a serious edge there isn't much to sell

Leafs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 02:49 AM
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs87 View Post
Problem is besides alfredsson who has lost a serious edge there isn't much to sell
How dare you insult future HOFer Mike Lundin like that...

BonkTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 03:00 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Based

get me chris neil on the ducks please

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote