HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 Connecticut Whale/Greenville Road Warriors Thread (AHL, ECHL) Part II

Closed Thread

Old
02-14-2013, 06:38 PM
The Sweetness

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Boyle is also a very good skater for a huge man, yet I see people mention how bad his skating is. Skating is quite different for big men, as you say.
There are so few players Boyle's size that is hard to get a good read. Most of the guys his size are goons that cannot get a regular shift so I think they should be discounted.

I'd say Chara, Myers, Pronger, Hedman and Antropov are all better skaters while he is better than Hal GIll. I haven't seen enough of guys like Jeff Schultz, Andy Sutton and Ryan O'Brien to place them.

But Boyle imo is certainly not a very good skater for his size. At best he is average for his size but he's a poor skater no matter how you cut it, minus the year following his power skating.

Old
02-14-2013, 07:27 PM
Osminator

From Facebook:
Connecticut Whale (AHL)
If you want the CTWhale brand to remain shoot an e-mail to Frank Russo. Rumor has it the Rangers are going to be rebranding the team again!

frusso@global-spectrum.com

I URGE YOU ALL TO WRITE IN AND ASK TO GO BACK TO THE WOLF*PACK!

Don't get me wrong here, but dont the Rangers own the Whale? They can call em Nutcrackers if they wanted.. WTF?

Old
02-14-2013, 07:34 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osminator View Post
From Facebook:
Connecticut Whale (AHL)
If you want the CTWhale brand to remain shoot an e-mail to Frank Russo. Rumor has it the Rangers are going to be rebranding the team again!

frusso@global-spectrum.com

I URGE YOU ALL TO WRITE IN AND ASK TO GO BACK TO THE WOLF*PACK!

Don't get me wrong here, but dont the Rangers own the Whale? They can call em Nutcrackers if they wanted.. WTF?
Done.

Old
02-14-2013, 07:39 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Whale*Pack

Old
02-14-2013, 07:40 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sweetness View Post
There are so few players Boyle's size that is hard to get a good read. Most of the guys his size are goons that cannot get a regular shift so I think they should be discounted.

I'd say Chara, Myers, Pronger, Hedman and Antropov are all better skaters while he is better than Hal GIll. I haven't seen enough of guys like Jeff Schultz, Andy Sutton and Ryan O'Brien to place them.

But Boyle imo is certainly not a very good skater for his size. At best he is average for his size but he's a poor skater no matter how you cut it, minus the year following his power skating.
Antropov is absolutely not a better skater. At all.

And yes. He is a very good skater for his size. I have no idea how you can say anything but that. Chara is similar to Boyle in terms of skating. Myers, Pronger, and Hedman are better than both Chara and Boyle. And all are far better than Antropov.

Old
02-14-2013, 07:47 PM
ecemleafs

Central Connecticut Arctic Whale-pods. **** u guys

Old
02-14-2013, 08:04 PM
Osminator

ouch, that was all Callahan's...

Old
02-14-2013, 08:42 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Captain with a great shift

Old
02-14-2013, 08:47 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
Update on Hrivik's concussion from the Courant's Paul Doyle: http://www.courant.com/sports/hockey...,2653539.story

Old
02-14-2013, 08:47 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
ughhhh

Old
02-14-2013, 09:02 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Since the lockout ended, resulting in a lot of guys being called up to the NHL, Mike Vernace has 13 points, leading all AHL defensemen in that time period.

He's still too soft and makes too many defensive mistakes, but we definitely can no longer say he's playing ECHL hockey. Offensively and transporting the puck in the middle third he's been excellent. He had trouble against NHLers and in-betweeners, but he's doing very well against AHL-level opponents.

Like I've said before, the Whale is not bad offensively, they are just terrible defensively, and both of these assertions are as true for Vernace as for the team as a whole.

Old
02-14-2013, 11:03 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Three games at home this weekend...a big chance to continue playing well and really get themselves in playoff position. Only sit 3 back of 6th place, though they've played more games than the other teams.

Old
02-15-2013, 05:10 AM
The Sweetness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Antropov is absolutely not a better skater. At all.

And yes. He is a very good skater for his size. I have no idea how you can say anything but that. Chara is similar to Boyle in terms of skating. Myers, Pronger, and Hedman are better than both Chara and Boyle. And all are far better than Antropov.
I think Boyle is pretty comparable to Antropov. Antropov is stronger on his skates than Boyle. Maybe I'm wrong on Antropov as I haven't seen him much but when they were the same age I feel they were certainly comparable.

I'm confused as how you think Boyle is a very good skater for his size when more guys taking a regular shift at his size are better skaters or at worst his equal. Not everyone that size can be above average. Where are all the skaters worse than Boyle when most of the guys you listed are better skaters?

I guess we will have to agree to disagree in regards to Boyle's skating. He's good decent top-end speed, poor acceleration, pretty poor edges and poor balance for someone his size. That is my opinion of course.

Old
02-15-2013, 08:40 AM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
Seriously.... Whale... whale?! A single whale? Everyone else is Tigers, Lions, Bears, Bulls... and we are just a single whale? As in a big fat thing that can't move all that well, signifying the way the team plays?
You are so right but if only they went with naming the whale Marty like I did it would be so much fun

Old
02-15-2013, 09:08 PM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Whale up 3-1 in the 3rd, Thomas with 2 goals, Mash with the other.

Old
02-15-2013, 09:11 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
do the Rangers have a roster spot due to Eminger being down there?? since Kreider got sent down maybe the Rangers will give Thomas or Mashinter a look.. 9 pts in 12 games for Mashinter as a CT Whale after 5 pts in 30 games for the Worcester.. does the NYR system fit him or is it just new team luck..

Old
02-15-2013, 09:15 PM
MugatuNYR
so hot right now

Whale seem a lot stronger after all the moves. I'd like to see Mashinter with the big club. Nice to see Thomas is playing well.

Old
02-15-2013, 09:18 PM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
do the Rangers have a roster spot due to Eminger being down there?? since Kreider got sent down maybe the Rangers will give Thomas or Mashinter a look.. 9 pts in 12 games for Mashinter as a CT Whale after 5 pts in 30 games for the Worcester.. does the NYR system fit him or is it just new team luck..
Mash deserves a call up, he would be a great fit on the 4th line, he can skate and got decent hands.

Edit: 4-1 now.

Old
02-15-2013, 09:18 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
CT has been inordinately hot over the last 3 games with 3-3-6. Puts him at a PPG over the last 9 games.

Kreider is 0-0-0 -1 with no shots registered.

Old
02-15-2013, 09:22 PM
bmoak

The line of Thomas-Tessier-Haley has just been tearing it up lately. 3 more goals tonight.

Old
02-15-2013, 09:53 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Thomas is playing fantastic. So aware to the play. A step ahead on the ice. And boy, that shot...

Kreider looked so blah tonight. He got to the arena late, but still...just can't figure the guy out.

Old
02-15-2013, 09:53 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Anyways, the Whale outplayed and frustrated the Pirates tonight. One step ahead of them at all times. Frustrated the hell out of Portland.

Old
02-15-2013, 10:02 PM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarkko Immonen View Post
Thomas is playing fantastic. So aware to the play. A step ahead on the ice. And boy, that shot...

Kreider looked so blah tonight. He got to the arena late, but still...just can't figure the guy out.
I can already imagine him on the PP in a rangers uniform.

Old
02-15-2013, 10:36 PM
bmoak

Can't find confirmation, but it looks like Scott Stajcer is hurt. The Road Warriors payed back-to-backs yesterday and today and he did not dress. Greenville played Connor Knapp, who was recently loaned from Rochester, both nights and dressed Jeff Beaver as the EBUG (Emergency Back-Up Goaltender). Knapp is the 6th goalie to play for Greenville this season.

Old
02-16-2013, 01:19 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Klassen tripled his offensive output for the year tonight.

Thomas is now third in goals on the Whale. He's been on a tear, as has his whole line of CT-Tessier-Haley.

Another point for Vernace who continues to impress offensively.

Talbot has a ridiculous SV% of .918. Ridiculous because Hartford is the worst defensive team in the AHL. It's just as unbelievable that on this team his GAA is only 2.56 considering that he's second in the league in shots-against, many of which come from straight up blown defense or inability to clear the crease. Talbot has been the best player on the team in terms of consistent performances. In any given week, some hot player can be more valuable to the team, but if you count the play from October until today, he's been the team's MVP.

Last edited by Beacon: 02-16-2013 at 01:25 AM.
Closed Thread